The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 02:55:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765545 times)
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:09 pm »

Heidi, those daisies are beautiful! Thanks for posting the pics of what we got with our contributions. Smiley I really really hope you hear something back. Smiley
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4696 on: May 10, 2007, 03:17:21 pm »

The daisies look great!  I sure hope you hear some kind of response!  That would be amazing!  Keep up the good attitudes everyone!  And keep sending those letters!  All this fighting really is worth it!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: May 10, 2007, 03:24:11 pm »

Omg the daisies look amazing! I hope you get a reply also that would be so awsome! Today I watched some of the first season it was sad to think of them being and I am not letting our girls go without a fight! I really busy today with school but this weekend I am going to send some more letters! Smiley
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:25 pm »

That's exactly what I said several pages before - I won't stop until the air something else on Tuesday nights in September!!!!  Wink

Are you in?
You bet I am!  Grin

copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: May 10, 2007, 03:54:28 pm »

I have a strange question, but I know that it is mentioned that Keiko Agena and Emily Kuroda have visted this website before, if that is the case, do you think they have visited it recently to see any information on the Great8mandate? I mean I know that it is not up to them as far as a decision on renewing the show for a season 8, but I think that if they were to see how much we are fighting for this they may be able to mention it to Alexis or Lauren as well as the CW people to perhaps influence them on changing their minds? I know it might be a stretch, but I was just wondering if they as well as other cast members are aware of this, because although they may not have as much of a say in the decision, it is their show too.
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4700 on: May 10, 2007, 04:08:43 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 28638. Rank is #5. (2036 away from #4 and 2187 ahead of #6)

Gilmore Girls closing in the #4 spot!! Let's shower votes for our girls and bring them higher in the polls!!  Thanks for your continued support!! Voting is at 10 minute intervals, so please try to vote whenever you're online!! Hope to see you there!! Go Gilmore Girls!! Smiley

Top 10 shows as of 5/10/07
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. Xena: Warrior Princess
5. Gilmore Girls
6. JAG
7. McLeod's Daughters
8. Grey's Anatomy
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: May 10, 2007, 04:10:42 pm »

So you want to continiue this mandate "only" until May 17th? I'm just asking because maybe the cast and the network would reconsider during summer or so... The show wouldn't be back until september anyway. So actually, we have a lot of time, don't you think so?

Right now, the actors that are under contract are likely still under contract until they're officially released from their contracts, which customarily happens at the end of May (the end of the TV season), but whcih can happen when thenetwork decides to release the actors from their contracts (soemtimes the contracts can be converted to deals for other projects).  While it gets harder and harder to get actors on a show back once they've dispersed, this cancellation happened so abruptly, so suddenly and so in contradiction with the good mood that the unofficial news that Lauren and Alexis were, indeed (contrary to what a certain poster thinks) going to come back that it's very likely that the actors and some crew are at the very least not looking for other work very hard right now because it ain't necessarily over until the Upfronts -- because 7th Heaven was uncancelled literally hours before the Upfronts and *that* was Ostroff's decision, combined with an agreement in principle to reduce the budget for this last season (the regular cast members that stayed took substantial pay cuts).

And even then, yes, we can picket until at least the end of the summer for a revival of the series in at the end of January.  Farscape was given a four-hour miniseries about four months after it was cancelled (took another 4 months to film, came out about a year after the show was cancelled) and Serenity was greenlit about 4-6 months after Firefly was cancelled, took a few months to film, then came out in the movie theaters about a year and a half after it was announced.  Of course, Gg likely wouldn't be made into a theatrical movie (it's not really the type of show to do that with), there's the possibility of getting anything from a two-hour TV-movie to the full 13-episode renewal, depending on how much persistence we're able to show the network and how much notice we're able to get from, say, the media.

Keep in mind that after Farscape was cancelled, the actors even levelled with us that the show was cancelled and it was unlikely to be revived in any form, same shpiel that Lauren is giving now because that's what actors are supposed to do right after their show has been cancelled -- it's a press-junket ritual more than anything else, but they started participating in the campaign the more persistent the fanbase was.  Even cast chats were arranged.  (It was insane when *anyone* from the show chatted -- there were overflow chatrooms where you could just hang around and get cut-and-pastes of what was being said in the original chatroom, etc.)

But let's say for the sake of argument, because it's the most likely situation, that we're persistent enough that the network says, "Okay, we believe you, we're going to get them to come back for 13" and Lauren, Alexis and Scott say, "Okay, we're on-board for 13," -- then yes, it's conceivable that we could spend the entire summer campaigning for season 8 for at the very least, a mid-season return (ie: at the top of February or so).  Rather than start filming in late July/early August, they'd start filming in, say, late September/early October, something like that.  And that was with a show with lower ratings than Gg is getting even now.

The only things we need are as many viewers as possible participating in the campaign and a ridonkulously ginormous willingness to be persistent.  IOW, we've got to be like Lorelai on a caffeine high annoying Luke at the dinner, trying to get her way over one thing or another.   Wink

Seriously -- sheer numbers of participants, willingness to be Lorelai-like persistent, willingness to contact the network, the studios and the advertisers, willingness to be in for the long haul, that's all that's needed.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, just because Gg isn't a sci-fi show doesn't mean that Gg viewers aren't just a big a group of persistent geeks.  I mean, Lorelai's the hottest geek ever, what more is needed to qualify Gg as a geek show?
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: May 10, 2007, 04:48:24 pm »

Thanks a lot for the information, Rob!  Smiley

because 7th Heaven was uncancelled literally hours before the Upfronts and *that* was Ostroff's decision, combined with an agreement in principle to reduce the budget for this last season (the regular cast members that stayed took substantial pay cuts).

That sentence makes me feel better about our chances, so thanks again!   Wink
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 04:49:30 pm by Junkie » Logged

ttfrancine
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: May 10, 2007, 04:56:43 pm »

i have my button in my sig and i also posted the long banner in a gilmore girls facebook group asking for support!

heidi, i am more than happy to help with anything...i want an 8th season sooo badly!!!!
  at least let them finish the story whats up with that.
ttfrancine
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: May 10, 2007, 04:59:27 pm »

i have my button in my sig and i also posted the long banner in a gilmore girls facebook group asking for support!

heidi, i am more than happy to help with anything...i want an 8th season sooo badly!!!!
  at least let them finish the story whats up with that.
  lets get the show higher .vote  how can we do that?

/
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: May 10, 2007, 05:32:09 pm »

i just watched the 3 minute directors cut of next weeks episode on you tube.

i'm very upset with the fact that what i saw, only looks like a regular ol' episode, nothing to the effect of a nice goodbye, which is making me very upset and angry at the same time. =(

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Maya319
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: May 10, 2007, 05:34:55 pm »

I don't understand why some of you sent things to the CW.

The contract negociations were between WARNER BROTHERS and the actors.

I love Gilmore girls but it's done. stop wasting your money.  Cry

My brother works for studios in Vancouver and all the things fans send is going to the trash.

I'm new here...discovered the site upon learning that our beloved Gilmore Girls is seeing it's finale episode next week. I'm been so encouraged by the positivity - I too emailed the CW, pleading for the show to get a proper final season where the storylines can get properly wrapped up. So you can imagine my disappointment when I read a post like this among all the good, uplifting ones. Your bad attitude is very discouraging, let alone the fact that you're spouting inaccurate information. Your comments are making me question your true love of the Girls...
Maya319
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: May 10, 2007, 05:35:45 pm »

i'm very upset with the fact that what i saw, only looks like a regular ol' episode, nothing to the effect of a nice goodbye, which is making me very upset and angry at the same time. =(

I'm assuming this is because the cast and crew thought there'd be a Season 8 when they taped the ep.
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: May 10, 2007, 05:41:51 pm »

I'm assuming this is because the cast and crew thought there'd be a Season 8 when they taped the ep.

yes, but lauren said in her interview that it would be a nice series finale, and i'm not buying it. so far it looks like we've been lied to just to make it seem like we'll all be satisfied (to the extent of how much we can be satisfied without our girls coming back) and i'm thinking we won't be =(

now we need to fight even harder, because this is not the way it should end.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Oywithepoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: May 10, 2007, 06:19:39 pm »

I'm new here...discovered the site upon learning that our beloved Gilmore Girls is seeing it's finale episode next week. I'm been so encouraged by the positivity -

The positivity has definitely helped me, I don't feel as depressed as I did a week ago.  Knowing that everyone's trying hard and campaigning the positive attitude is really helping.  Keep it up!
Also, great work with the Daisies Heidi!
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: