The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 04:51:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762746 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: May 10, 2007, 01:44:27 pm »

I don't understand why some of you sent things to the CW.

The contract negociations were between WARNER BROTHERS and the actors.

I love Gilmore girls but it's done. stop wasting your money.  Cry

My brother works for studios in Vancouver and all the things fans send is going to the trash.

It's the network, NOT the studio, that has the power to cancel or renew a show.  Doesn't mean that the studio can't try to shop it around to a new network if it wants to and thinks it has a possible buyer for it, which isn't the case with Gg.  Thus, the best-case scenario for trying to get Gg uncancelled is to communicate straight to the network, which DOES listen to the fans, HAS listened to the fans AND has uncancelled shows several times in the past due to fan efforts -- the most famous one being the orginal Star Trek getting its third season SOLELY due to the efforts of its fanbase, led by the legendary Bjo Trimble.

So if you want to help, Welcome!  We'd like to have you and it is time to step up and continue with the letter writing and daisy-sending campaigns.  Otherwise, why are you posting here?  I understand that you don't think the show can be revived even though there are numerous precedents that prove otherwise --- including and most pertinent to this case the uncancellation of 7th Heaven last year.  But also, other shows have been revived even four to six months after they were initially cancelled.

BTW, I know from going to numerous panels and signs at various conventions that actors DO in fact receive the things that are sent to them in care of the studio or their agents or the network.  They talk about them during the Q&A sessions all the time.  Sure, fan letters often go into the trash after they're read, but that's natural.  Shows and studios can only handle so much mail at any given time.  But that doesn't mean that what your brother has witnessed is typical of the industry -- just typical of whatever show he's working on.  Must not be a high-rated show, or else it's a show with low morale, IMO.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because they know we want it and we know that they know that we know that they know that we think that cancelling Gg was a huge mistake that can and should be mended as soon as possible.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: May 10, 2007, 01:55:17 pm »

Heidi- The daisies look GREAT!! I do hope that we get some recognition for those.... Between the 3 of them, one of them has to say something!! I mean....that's a lot of daisies. Thank you, once again, for your hard work.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4682 on: May 10, 2007, 02:01:40 pm »

I don't understand why some of you sent things to the CW.

The contract negociations were between WARNER BROTHERS and the actors.

I love Gilmore girls but it's done. stop wasting your money.  Cry

My brother works for studios in Vancouver and all the things fans send is going to the trash.

If you arn't gonna be positive, then just don't post, okay?  We don't need any negitivity.

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Stars Hollw Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: May 10, 2007, 02:24:55 pm »

It's the network, NOT the studio, that has the power to cancel or renew a show.

True but the CW doesn't have control over the contracts. If Alexis and Lauren don't come to term with WB, there's no show.

The CW doesn't produce Gilmore girls and the ACTORS refused to continue.

KrazyKutie318, I'm not negative, just realistic.

The great 8 mandate was a cool initiative.

But now, the horse is dead so there's no need to continue.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:26:43 pm by Stars Hollw Girl » Logged
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4684 on: May 10, 2007, 02:29:00 pm »

Heidi- The daisies look GREAT!! I do hope that we get some recognition for those.... Between the 3 of them, one of them has to say something!! I mean....that's a lot of daisies. Thank you, once again, for your hard work.

That's how I feel as well.  If not, I might just have to keep sending daisies to cast members until I get a response back.  Wink  Hehe.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Stars Hollw Girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: May 10, 2007, 02:30:12 pm »

If you do it to thank the cast for the show, well that's cool than.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4686 on: May 10, 2007, 02:37:43 pm »

If you do it to thank the cast for the show, well that's cool than.

Hi Stars Hollw Girl,

Welcome to the ORG Forum and thank you for your input.  However, this is the Great8Mandate thread where we are obviously pro-season 8 (until the bitter end).  Everyone here knows the show has not been renewed; we don't have delusions of grandeur.  But we've been 'mandating' since February, so one more week until the Upfronts won't kill us.  Additionally, yes, while we are still supporting season 8 we're also thanking the cast for 7 great seasons.

If you'd like to talk about the show ending, series finale, or any of those other things ... we have many other threads for those topics.  Thank you.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: May 10, 2007, 02:39:02 pm »

Heidi, the flowers are beautiful, thank you so much for all your effort. I'm so glad that we "from overseas" also had the opportunity to contribute!

Stars Hollow Girl - no dead horse lying around here, just open your eyes....  Wink
This is our way to cope with the situation and well, who knows, sometimes miracles do happen...!

Good night, everybody - and keep on mandating! "Never take a no for a no!"

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: May 10, 2007, 02:49:14 pm »

So you want to continiue this mandate "only" until May 17th? I'm just asking because maybe the cast and the network would reconsider during summer or so... The show wouldn't be back until september anyway. So actually, we have a lot of time, don't you think so?

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: May 10, 2007, 02:50:43 pm »

I hope everyone is happy with the end result.  If I get any feedback from Lauren, Alexis, or Dawn it'll be posted here right away.  Here's hoping.   Clover

~Heidi

They look very impressive Heidi - moreso than I had imagined then in my head.  Thank you so much for taking the time out of your days to organise this.  It is most appreciated.  I look forward to seeing your post when we get our response. Wink

Great work with the "target the advertisers" campaign.  Again I would be more than willing to help with this if you need further details researched, but living in Australia, anything I send them wouldn't count for anything.   So keep up the good work on behalf of all the international fans here also.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
Billie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: May 10, 2007, 02:51:38 pm »

That's exactly what I said several pages before - I won't stop until the air something else on Tuesday nights in September!!!!  Wink

Are you in?

lizsh
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

Gilmore Girls Season 8!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: May 10, 2007, 02:56:54 pm »

Just a suggestion when sending letters: If you hand write them, they mean more because typed letters can just be printed out dozens of times, and sent, while handwriting a letter takes time.

HELP SAVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! Season 8!
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: May 10, 2007, 02:58:16 pm »

That's exactly what I said several pages before - I won't stop until the air something else on Tuesday nights in September!!!!  Wink

Are you in?

Dang Right!!

Except..  When September comes...
It'll be time to start fighting for Season 9...  Wink
Billie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: May 10, 2007, 03:03:56 pm »

*prettystick* for this attitude!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4694 on: May 10, 2007, 03:05:25 pm »

Heidi!!
Thank you so much for the daisies pictures.They really look beautiful, and I'm so glad I contributed with this campaign...I'm sure they (are/were/will be) shoked when they see them.Hopefully we'll hear something about it...maybe a Season 8 in response to our efforts.Hehe
Too tired to write more..I've had 3 days of Italian speeches with very interesting people..today was the last day...so I'm disconnecting now from all that speaking.Hehe.

Buona Sera, Ciao!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 03:10:07 pm by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: