The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:37:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729907 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: May 09, 2007, 07:23:35 pm »

It will/would be a DISGRACE if this show ends this way......its just not right; I'm sorry, but I just can't seem to give up on this yet!

**I will not accept that they announce a veteran, beloved show is over with only 2 episodes left-episodes that were written & shot with another season in mind - it's just blasphemy.**,
I've sent letters; unfortunately, I didn't get 'verified' by paypal in time to contribute to the Daisy Campaign.  Cry Maybe I'm mad enough now to fork out all the money to send my own arrangement...

I think for right now, this new focus to the advertisers is fabulous. Money talks, people. These companies have a lot more persuasion power over the networks than we do... I know, for example, that I go to Subway all the time, and now seeing that they aired 2 commericials during GG, I'm going to send them some thoughts....

We've fought long and hard, let's continue to prove that we're not going down without a fight, and that these loose storylines are just not going to do.....

P.S.- As if its not bad enough that the CW rips our show away with practically no notice, the promo robs us of what's probably the climax of the finale... Thanks Angry

I was feeling your pain.  I realised that the reason I was having such a hard time with all this (other than it being the end of GG of course), was the lack of time to deal.  With my other fave shows like Buffy, Angel and Friends, we knew it was coming.  It was announced well ahead of time and this allowed you to enjoy the show, knowing the storyline was written with the end in sight, and you could prepare yourself.  This stage of acceptance and grief has been ripped away from us.  And that is unacceptable.   And the storyline, whilst completely enjoyable, (I'll discuss it more in the episode thread, but I enjoyed the love, laughter and heartache of this episode sooo much that it felt like only 20 minutes had passed when the closing credits came up), it would definately benefit from the extra 13 episodes that a Season 8 would allow.

But in the end I realised if I was ever going to be able to enjoy these final to Season 7 episodes (see, leaving it wide open for a future here  Cheesy), I needed to make my peace with it all, no matter what the outcome.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: May 09, 2007, 08:26:35 pm »

P.S.- As if its not bad enough that the CW rips our show away with practically no notice, the promo robs us of what's probably the climax of the finale... Thanks Angry
Amen to that

Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: May 09, 2007, 08:48:15 pm »

Ok guys ... As I promised, I tried to collect all media/company contacts from yesterday's advertisers during GG.

Some were easy to find - some not. There have been two companies which I didn't include at all cause there have been too many addresses - but I think there are enough left to contact Wink

You can download the word-file from here http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  .. it's not formated very well, but can read everything from there.
Some companies have contact forms but the links are really, too long, so I included the homepage from every company.

I hope you can use this list!! Wink

WHOA.. Excellent Work...
All I had to do was write on a piece of paper as each ad came on...

What you did took some time and great effort..
Thank You /\ 5
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: May 09, 2007, 09:23:30 pm »

With my other fave shows like Buffy, Angel and Friends, we knew it was coming.  It was announced well ahead of time and this allowed you to enjoy the show, knowing the storyline was written with the end in sight, and you could prepare yourself.  This stage of acceptance and grief has been ripped away from us.  And that is unacceptable.

I've never had a fave show before GG so I never knew what it was like to have a year to say goodbye to something you love so dearly and I'll be disappointed if I don't get that chance! GG is an amazing show, it made the network what it is today and to end it now is unexceptable! We deserve more, the show deserves more! On top of that, they had to go put the ending of the show in the freaking promo!! Are they trying to make us madder then we already are?! Cause it is working!! Angry I don't watch GG on the CW so I didn't see the promo but I am so mad that they would do that to all the fans! That was extremely insensitive and mean!!!! I'm sorry guys!

Good news is I sent my email today to the 2 email addresses in the first post. I plan on sending it in a letter as well! If my mom will just get more ink for the printer, I will be able to do so!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: May 09, 2007, 10:01:07 pm »

okay, not so sure how reliable this is, but HERE WE GO GUYS:
http://gilmoregirlsnews.com/2006/10/25/gilmore-girls-season-7/

this link will lead you to a site that states that SP is working on a deal with the WB for a season 8. now i'm no sure this is reliable, but i still think anything floating around in our favor is good!

SPOILER ALERT
the link above states this information under a section involving spoilers so if you don't wanna know, don't click it - the good news on the page is  just what i said above.

sorry if this isn't trustworthy, i'm just happy with any news for us!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4655 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:24 pm »

okay, not so sure how reliable this is, but HERE WE GO GUYS:
http://gilmoregirlsnews.com/2006/10/25/gilmore-girls-season-7/

this link will lead you to a site that states that SP is working on a deal with the WB for a season 8. now i'm no sure this is reliable, but i still think anything floating around in our favor is good!

SPOILER ALERT
the link above states this information under a section involving spoilers so if you don't wanna know, don't click it - the good news on the page is  just what i said above.

sorry if this isn't trustworthy, i'm just happy with any news for us!

That must be old news.  Sorry.   Undecided

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: May 09, 2007, 10:09:10 pm »

sorry =( i never go on the site, the site just emailed me randomly (they've never emailed me before)

so i thought maybe it was good/new news!

sorry guys!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: May 09, 2007, 10:14:32 pm »

Im very upset the show is ending. We need more luke and lorelia moments. tuesday i will be crying all day and when i watch the episode i will have a box of tissues next me and cry threw out the whole episode.
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: May 10, 2007, 01:09:38 am »

Hey All,

I just headed to Ausiello's page and the Ausiello report's titled Gilmore Reunion Movie in Works?

Maybe, just maybe, good-ish news?Huh'

I mean, it's something, right?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:23:48 am by Jocelyn » Logged

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”
Long live Stars Hollow!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: May 10, 2007, 01:39:09 am »

Hey All,

I just headed to Ausiello's page and the Ausiello report's titled Gilmore Reunion Movie in Works?

Maybe, just maybe, good news?Huh

Unfortunately, it was a bit of an inside joke between Ausiello and Lauren.  Ausiello's very sarcastic, Lauren's very sarcastic, sometimes that adds up to a conversation so deadpan it's hard to tell if they're joking or not.

Keep in mind, too, that actors are *always* exhausted at the end of a season, particularly in the wake of intense negotiations, even/especially if they fall apart, so I would take Lauren's gently sarcastic goofiness as the exhaustion talking.  There may not even be a way for her to legally address the issue of a movie or not if, say, they're under contract with the studio to not talk directly about the possibility until after the Upfronts or something.

@ ADVERTISERS

I didn't have enough time on Tuesday night to watch my DVRing of Veronica Mars off WPIX in NYC, so I compared Bill & Divine's list with my list of Veronica Mars sponsors to find any overlap.  Any advertisers doing both shows would be among the network's biggest buyers, not just in terms of the size of the corporation (such as Pepsi), but also in terms of the sheer number of slots that they're buying.  They certainly would have more pull with the network regarding what shows they want to advertise in or they may take so huge a number of blocks of time across all the shows that they might not care.  It's my experience with KFC and the Save Farscape campaign that the big advertisers likely DO care.  So here's my preliminary list of companies who advertised on both Gilmore Girls AND Veronica Mars:

Subway
Extra Winterfresh Gum (company?)
Pepsi (for Diet Pepsi)
Maybelline
Target
Revlon (particularly its Colorist line, featuring Sheryl Crow in the commercial)
Propel (Energy drink thingie)
Geico (Insurance)
Dentyne Ice (same company as Extra?)

That is not to say that we shouldn't be contacting other companies on the list, it's just that these are ones that we should pay special attention to because they buy blocks of time in both Tuesday shows on the CW.

It's likely that other large companies on the list also buy big blocks on the network, just on different days/timeslots.  Like the following companies that advertised during Gg

Kraft/Nabisco (Oreos and Wheat Thins)
Cascade
Schick (Intuition razor)
Spray 'n' Wash
Citi (The bank formerly known as Citibank).
Toyota
Nissan

None of these should be passed over, either -- those of you that are older and of car-buying age and financial ability should contact Toyota, Nissan and Citi as they're probably not going to be motivated by correspondence from kids.  Those of you who are younger, see if you can get your parents to contact those companies, especially if they *own* a Toyota or a Nissan or have a credit card through Citi.

Also, as far as Veronica advertisers who *didn't* advertise on Gg, I'd go after both AT&T/Cingular and Verizon -- as they are, hello, both cell phone companies and they might just want to go with a show with a larger audience, one where parents watch alongside the kids and the kids would be the ones to pressure the parents into buying cellphones.

At least, those are the thoughts I've got off the top of my head.  (Reminder: I'm a Gemini and I think too fast.   Wink  )

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the cast is probably so punch-drunk right now over the negotiations that we're the ones who need to remind the advertisers that the network is making a huge mistake.
brisbane4124
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: May 10, 2007, 05:24:00 am »

I cannot believe I have to go down this path with the Gilmore Girls.  I was at one time hooked on the Pretender (who knew Jamie Denton would become so HOT) and
then it just finished, and then came two movies made for TV - but still we were left in limbo.  Then there was Farscape, also followed by another Movie, Farscape-The Peacekeeper Wars, and finally we were given closure.  So is this a possibility for GG?.  We all want a Season 8, even a shorter Season 8, but if we cannot have that, A movie length GG would be better than NOTHING!  We cannot/will not settle for NOTHING AT ALL!  You do not start a book, read each compelling Chapter, only to discover the remaining pages are blank or have been ripped from the spine and lay helplessly in some gutter somewhere, or begin a story or tale and walk away without some direction or conclusion? 
Sorry I digress, Please listen to the FANS, GG deserves to be remembered for the SHOW that it is.  Compelling, humourous, dramatic, romantic, and very rare!!!!!
pacey180
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: May 10, 2007, 05:43:35 am »

I just want you all to know that I sent a letter to the CW and I told them about you all and our campaign. I haven't done much admittedly, because there has been some fear in me that the efforts would be fruitless, but I emailed them asking to reconsider their decision. It really feels like this show has been given the shaft without any consideration towards how we, the fans, might feel about it. I am looking forward to the finale and my mom and I will have a party to celebrate it, but I just wonder if we're going to get the closure we deserve. A two-hour finale would have been nice, but it all seems so rushed. I was very disappointed with Logan and Rory going their separate ways. Yet I understand how she feels. For seven years, I've watched, and experienced the ups and downs of life along with Rory and Lorelai and the rest of this amazing group. These past two seasons have been very disappointing but they've had their moments. Season six was the worst, and so was half of season seven. I never wanted to see Lorelai with Chris. I hope she gets back with Luke, but then I guess a lot of us do.

Yet despite it all, the memories endure, and in the end, that's all we'll be left with, but it's a good thing to know that we can relive them over and over again through reruns and dvds. I got my mom interested in this show probably around the fifth season, I gave her my dvds and she really enjoyed them. It's fascinating that a mother and son have bonded over a show about a mother and daughter. For me, while this is the end of one era, it's the beginning of another. I see myself in Rory, someone who is young, smart, and ready to do great things with her life. While she's finishing college, I'm starting it. I'm sure this show has probably reflected your life at one time or another, be it relationships, school, or family. I'm so glad to be a part of a great group of fans who have supported and have watched, and I will continue to be part of it even after the final episode.

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: May 10, 2007, 05:47:06 am »

Hey All,

Maybe, just maybe, good news?Huh

Unfortunately, it was a bit of an inside joke between Ausiello and Lauren.  Ausiello's very sarcastic, Lauren's very sarcastic, sometimes that adds up to a conversation so deadpan it's hard to tell if they're joking or not.

Keep in mind, too, that actors are *always* exhausted at the end of a season, particularly in the wake of intense negotiations, even/especially if they fall apart, so I would take Lauren's gently sarcastic goofiness as the exhaustion talking.  There may not even be a way for her to legally address the issue of a movie or not if, say, they're under contract with the studio to not talk directly about the possibility until after the Upfronts or something.

@ ADVERTISERS

I didn't have enough time on Tuesday night to watch my DVRing of Veronica Mars off WPIX in NYC, so I compared Bill & Divine's list with my list of Veronica Mars sponsors to find any overlap.  Any advertisers doing both shows would be among the network's biggest buyers, not just in terms of the size of the corporation (such as Pepsi), but also in terms of the sheer number of slots that they're buying.  They certainly would have more pull with the network regarding what shows they want to advertise in or they may take so huge a number of blocks of time across all the shows that they might not care.  It's my experience with KFC and the Save Farscape campaign that the big advertisers likely DO care.  So here's my preliminary list of companies who advertised on both Gilmore Girls AND Veronica Mars:

Subway
Extra Winterfresh Gum (company?)
Pepsi (for Diet Pepsi)
Maybelline
Target
Revlon (particularly its Colorist line, featuring Sheryl Crow in the commercial)
Propel (Energy drink thingie)
Geico (Insurance)
Dentyne Ice (same company as Extra?)

That is not to say that we shouldn't be contacting other companies on the list, it's just that these are ones that we should pay special attention to because they buy blocks of time in both Tuesday shows on the CW.

It's likely that other large companies on the list also buy big blocks on the network, just on different days/timeslots.  Like the following companies that advertised during Gg

Kraft/Nabisco (Oreos and Wheat Thins)
Cascade
Schick (Intuition razor)
Spray 'n' Wash
Citi (The bank formerly known as Citibank).
Toyota
Nissan

None of these should be passed over, either -- those of you that are older and of car-buying age and financial ability should contact Toyota, Nissan and Citi as they're probably not going to be motivated by correspondence from kids.  Those of you who are younger, see if you can get your parents to contact those companies, especially if they *own* a Toyota or a Nissan or have a credit card through Citi.

Also, as far as Veronica advertisers who *didn't* advertise on Gg, I'd go after both AT&T/Cingular and Verizon -- as they are, hello, both cell phone companies and they might just want to go with a show with a larger audience, one where parents watch alongside the kids and the kids would be the ones to pressure the parents into buying cellphones.

At least, those are the thoughts I've got off the top of my head.  (Reminder: I'm a Gemini and I think too fast.   Wink  )

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because the cast is probably so punch-drunk right now over the negotiations that we're the ones who need to remind the advertisers that the network is making a huge mistake.

Um.

T-Mobile most definatley. YesYesYes. They have been huuuuge advertisers in this, am I right?

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

Life's short. Talk fast. :]

View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: May 10, 2007, 06:18:59 am »

So any new ideas floating in the air.

I have already sent my share of letters (don't worry it's not that much, I don't want to overwhelm them), but what else can we Gilmore fans do. The posts above are about....? Sending letters to advertisers?

Hmm, I was thinking we could do something Gilmore Girl related, something big and noticeable. Something that has those producers and actors/actresses thinking maybe they should not have cancelled the show.

But what would it be?

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

Rory: Asher Flemming is dead.
Marty: In bed?
Rory: No
Marty: Damn, I lost the pool
gg4evr
Town Resident

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4664 on: May 10, 2007, 08:08:54 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 27162. Rank is #5. (2398 away from #4 and 1665 ahead of #6)

Just 5 days until the series finale for Gilmore Girls!! Thanks for continuing supporting the show at teavee.com!!  We just passed 27,000 votes for our favorite girls and less than 2,500 votes away from moving up a spot!!  Gilmore Girls is doing well at #5 with 22 days of voting to go this month but with your help we can bring our girls even higher in the poll.   Voting is at 10 minute intervals so stop by whenever you are online to vote or just to say HI and express our love for the show!! Hope to see you there!! Go Gilmore Girls!!  Smiley

Here are the Top 10 TV shows as of 5/10/2007:
1. Veronica Mars
2. One Tree Hill
3. Stargate SG-1
4. Xena: Warrior Princess
5. Gilmore Girls
6. JAG
7. McLeod's Daughters
8. Grey's Anatomy
9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. Supernatural

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: