The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:19:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765778 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: May 09, 2007, 03:27:39 pm »

Agreed. Except I'm already hooked on Smallville.
Darn. No boycotting for me!

None here either. Well, I can. Only not when ANTM is on. Nope. I am addicted to that show. (Natasha all the way!) But other than..ohh wait. Scrubs. Okay. That too. GOSH! This is going to not be a boycott for me. Sorry all!

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4636 on: May 09, 2007, 03:49:58 pm »

None here either. Well, I can. Only not when ANTM is on. Nope. I am addicted to that show. (Natasha all the way!) But other than..ohh wait. Scrubs. Okay. That too. GOSH! This is going to not be a boycott for me. Sorry all!

Jazlene for me in ANTM!! I love Smallville, too, although I've missed a lot of episodes this season (too many good shows on Thursday nights) but I usually buy the DVDs when they come out.  Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

logansLover
« Reply #4637 on: May 09, 2007, 03:52:20 pm »

All I could doo last night was cry! And when they broke up! OH! I bawled like a baby! I really hope that there is a rec. in the finale. It just really saddened me last night. But, Ican't let it get me down!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: May 09, 2007, 03:54:24 pm »

Jazlene for me in ANTM!! I love Smallville, too, although I've missed a lot of episodes this season (too many good shows on Thursday nights) but I usually buy the DVDs when they come out.  Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Jaz is my runner up. I like Natasha's accent. Heheh. Roll Eyes But I love Logan and now need a closer on the two. I heard spoilers that they did break up, but I brushed them off as fake. But no. And PUHlease. Him walking away was so out of character. Okay. Went of on a tangent there.

What is the deal with the G8M?? Anything new going on? Did we scrape the CD idea or what?

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4639 on: May 09, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

Hi guys,

I love all the support and the fact that we're keeping this thread so active, but please try and stay on Great8Mandate topic. Wink

For those who are still willing to 'mandate' ... keep sending out your letters of Gilmore support. 

Additionally, we now have a snazzy list of contact information for Gilmore advertisers.  Write them, call them, e-mail them, etc., to let them know that you appreciate the fact that they back Gilmore Girls and would love to have them do so for another year.  Also, compliment their products and say how you will continue to support their company as a thank you for advertising with the show.

http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc

~Heidi 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 04:14:57 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: May 09, 2007, 04:06:25 pm »

Jaz is my runner up. I like Natasha's accent. Heheh. Roll Eyes But I love Logan and now need a closer on the two. I heard spoilers that they did break up, but I brushed them off as fake. But no. And PUHlease. Him walking away was so out of character. Okay. Went of on a tangent there.

What is the deal with the G8M?? Anything new going on? Did we scrape the CD idea or what?

I sent the CD last week.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: May 09, 2007, 04:31:46 pm »

For those of you who are new to the Great 8 Mandate Thread, Welcome!  The energy that everyone is feeling is almost tangible to me and I know that a lot of you are wondering what you can do to help try to convince the CW to uncancel Gilmore Girls.  This post is about voicemail, email and snail mail.  Heres what you can do:

1)  SEND SNAIL MAIL.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope always  makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snailmail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

There are various addresses you can send your correspondence to, which are posted on page 1 of the thread, but IMO, the person who has the most potential to help is IMO, the CWs President of Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff, who is the nexus of all network realities at the CW.  She can be contacted at the following address:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Now, I have a few tips/suggestions to help make you make your letters as effective as possible:

* BE BRIEF.  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for only one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's much  easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE POLITE. I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE (Again):  DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

2)  If you are going to send an email or leave a voice mail, thats okay as a reinforcement of your Snail Mail, but DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harrassment.[/i]  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.

3) If you send mail to anyone other than Dawn Ostroff (ie:  Lauren and Alexis), Im sure as heck not gonna try to discourage you.  Just please make contacting Ms. Ostroff your first priority.  If she gets the mail, she is sure to contact everybody else involved, including her bosses at the CWs corporate parent companies, CBS/Paramount and Warner Brothers, as well as the actors.  (Or else theyll hear it through the grapevine.)

4) And send them daisies.

BONUS ALERT:  Divine has set up a word document that can be downloaded at http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  If you contact any of them, please follow the same rules as I list above and also keep in mind the following: 

Pllease be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about how pleased you are for the companies' support of Gg given Gg's continued high ratings even in the face of the Griffith Park firing and in light of how VM's ratings continue to plummet.  Don't othewise knock VM (it's a good show that has no potential for ratings growth), but let them know something like, "If the CW is so close to keeping VM around with such low ratings, doesn't it make more sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls, too, since it gets *much* better ratings?"

BTW, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered astroturf, a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  As I said above, BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're gonig to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because advertisers are people, too.
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: May 09, 2007, 04:47:08 pm »

i've been a little busy these past few days (YES, summer vacation has finally arrived for me!)

how are we doing on the daisy campaign?

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: May 09, 2007, 05:37:07 pm »

do we have any pics of the daisies or anything that we sent? exactly who did we send them to anyways, DO, LG, AB or all of em?

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
javalova
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: May 09, 2007, 05:38:19 pm »

I got the impression from Lauren's interviews (Ellen, TV Guide, etc) that there was a way to get them to stay and the network couldn't make it happen. If she were definatly out (as well as Alexis), then there would have been no negotiations in the first place. I think it is very possible to convince the network to do something more than they have. They gave up too early with ASP and they just did the same with the actors. Anything is possible.
WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!
caree929
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: May 09, 2007, 05:40:02 pm »

I'm a new member but I seem to remember reading at some point on this thread that we're supposed to post if we send anything, so I thought I'd join just to post that I'm sending Dawn Ostroff a personal note via snail mail. I've been going back and forth since Sunday about whether or not I should, and last night after tearfully watching the show, I talked it over with my husband and decided to send something. I love this show too much to let it go that easily! I mean, honestly, when my now husband and I went to Connecticut a couple years ago, I made him go to Washington and Washington Depot with me and to Yale to take a picture of Rory's freshman dorm! It's the only TV show for which I've bought DVD's. I've loved "GG"-- as I refer to it-- since the beginning and strongly believe that we need at least another 13 episodes for everything to end properly. Luke and Lorelai need to be fully together, not just with the promise of it! And Richard and Emily need to be fully resigned to it! (I'm glad that Rory and Logan broke up, so there's not much I can say about that. I think it will be good for her to be on her own and then maybe meet her "Luke" in the last few episodes and just give us the very beginning with an understanding of where things will go.) I know I haven't seen the series *gulp* finale yet, but I'm sure it won't be enough, no matter what Lauren says. I'm willing to wait until January just to have the show finish decently. Once this show is gone, I don't know what I will do, since it's the only series I watch now. I think there is a tiny shred of hope and I'm willing to contribute, however minorly, to helping that shred become a full story thread!

So hooray for daisies, the mandate, and all the fans who are fighting to the finish! If we don't get what we want, at least we'll know that we tried! Grin
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4646 on: May 09, 2007, 05:53:29 pm »

do we have any pics of the daisies or anything that we sent? exactly who did we send them to anyways, DO, LG, AB or all of em?

I placed the order yesterday.  You can read my last post about the Daisy Campaign here.  It's fairly comprehensive and should answer any questions you have.  (And yes, boquets were sent to Lauren, Alexis, and Dawn.)

I spoke with the florist again today and they definitely took photos.  As soon as they're e-mailed to me, hopefully no later than tomorrow, I'll post them.  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:15 pm »

May I just add a bit of my anger to this thread!  After seeing last nights episode I was so angry knowing that it was one of the final two episodes.  From what I can tell these were written BEFORE they knew if the season were being cancelled, because I don't believe they would end things so poorly.  Last year 7th Heaven ended so abruptly that they were able to FINALLY get a deal for x number of episodes.  Now in my opinion the quality of 7th Heaven has greatly deteriorated since it's glory days, but maybe we have a chance.  I was so upset after last night and watching the promo, I almost screamed out loud.  A quality show like Gilmore Girls DOES NOT deserve to end with so many loose ends. Shows like Sex and the City, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Friends as well as many other very POPULAR well written shows had less seasons than our beloved show BUT AT LEAST THEY HAD DECENT ENDING EPISODES.  No matter if you liked who ended up with who in the end, they were done with class. WE DESERVE SOME CLASS, DON'T YOU THINK?

I agree, but for the record, Friends had 10 seasons, which is 3 more than Gilmore Girls, so it did not have fewer seasons. it was supposed to end at 9, but fans pushed for it to have an extra one.

I apologize, I was never a Friends fan...but my point was that season endings of shows with CLASS Deserve CLASS!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: May 09, 2007, 07:00:33 pm »

Hey Mandaters

It's really great to see this campaign still going strong.

I just came by to add that whilst my last post here seemed very "well that's it then, and I gave all my thanks", that I am still campaigning my butt off!! I'll never give up til the very final deadline or absolute decline from Lauren's mouth, occurs. I just wanted to keep the mood friendly and make people remember that we are all so passionate and emotional for a reason....our fantabulous show!

I have mailed my letters last week and I have been emailing at least two emails every day. I contributed to the daisy campaign and this still remains my first stop each and every day.

I want to say I'm so proud to be a member of such a pro-active, positive and truly inspiring fanbase.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4649 on: May 09, 2007, 07:10:30 pm »

It will/would be a DISGRACE if this show ends this way......its just not right; I'm sorry, but I just can't seem to give up on this yet!

**I will not accept that they announce a veteran, beloved show is over with only 2 episodes left-episodes that were written & shot with another season in mind - it's just blasphemy.**,
I've sent letters; unfortunately, I didn't get 'verified' by paypal in time to contribute to the Daisy Campaign. Cry Maybe I'm mad enough now to fork out all the money to send my own arrangement...

I think for right now, this new focus to the advertisers is fabulous. Money talks, people. These companies have a lot more persuasion power over the networks than we do... I know, for example, that I go to Subway all the time, and now seeing that they aired 2 commericials during GG, I'm going to send them some thoughts....

We've fought long and hard, let's continue to prove that we're not going down without a fight, and that these loose storylines are just not going to do.....

P.S.- As if its not bad enough that the CW rips our show away with practically no notice, the promo robs us of what's probably the climax of the finale... Thanks Angry
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:12:31 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: