The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:13:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765382 times)
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: May 09, 2007, 01:54:41 pm »

I read some stuff on the CW about the episode and it does sound like a good one. I so hope it is that would be the worst thing in the world is no have a bad ending. I love this show so much and I want to have a good goobye if I have to have one Sad
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 09, 2007, 01:55:57 pm »

ohmygosh. yesterday while Lauren graham was on Ellen, when she started talking about there not being a season 8 i was actually crying my eyes out! i was at my friends at the time so she was of course laughing at mer [she doesnt understand].

sarah =)
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 09, 2007, 02:09:04 pm »

Coffee

I saw Lauren on Ellen last night (in Australia we're a bit behind).

She seemed to me like she was trying to hold it together, and when she laughed it seemed a bit brittle, like she was on the edge of loosing it.

My guess is that she wants to have a series 8, she seemed soooo upset, and that really annoyed me.

What is CW doing upseting all of us and obviously the cast as well.

GOD IT MAKES ME MAD

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 09, 2007, 02:13:40 pm »

Yeah, Lauren seemed like it was a fake laugh, trying to hide something..

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:35 pm »

Seriously, who finds out that a show they've been working on for seven years has been cancelled while they're out to dinner?!

I don't know if Lauren is really glad about the show being over or if she's just trying to put on a smile for us fans.  Either way, it's not right; we definitely deserve an eighth season!
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:39 pm »

i agree with both of you. i deffinatly think she wants an 8th season. when she said it was for the best she didnt really explain why.. probibally because she couldnt think of any reasons! =[

sarah =)
purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 09, 2007, 02:21:02 pm »

If it wasn't a surprise to her, then why did her agent track her down to a restraunt to let her know?Huh   That seems strange.  Lauren seemed to be upset (i only base this on the way i've seen her in previous interviews), i'm sure it's upsetting to end a show you've been on for 7 years, but why be so upset, if you weren't surprised. Also, her statement proved that it was not due to her that season 8 won't be, she had no idea the it wasn't happening until she was at dinner!!!

Side note: I guess the CW and WB have as much respect for their actors (letting her know at dinner) as they have for us fans!
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 09, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »

Well then, we have to "annoy" The CW even more  Grin Carry on writing e-mails and letters! The fight's not over yet!  Wink

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 09, 2007, 02:28:39 pm »

This made me very angry: http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/1749;_ylt=Ak0XfubwqgyY9Z.1ckw0UJSAo9EF

We're not even in the top finales.  How unfair is that?  I mean, we've had this show for 7 years.  Does anyone else, besides us, care that it's basically ending?  No wonder our ratings are lower, we're never mentioned anywhere.

And then: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070509/ap_en_tv/tv_missing_viewers_5

So if viewers are down in general, how can they say Gilmore Girls is down from last year?  Is it really?  Is the percentage lower, or just the viewers?  If less people are watching TV in general, the same percentage might be watching Gilmore Girls, it just looks like less.

That's all.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
divine
Town Resident

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4629 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:16 pm »

Ok guys ... As I promised, I tried to collect all media/company contacts from yesterday's advertisers during GG.

Some were easy to find - some not. There have been two companies which I didn't include at all cause there have been too many addresses - but I think there are enough left to contact Wink

You can download the word-file from here http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  .. it's not formated very well, but can read everything from there.
Some companies have contact forms but the links are really, too long, so I included the homepage from every company.

I hope you can use this list!! Wink

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4630 on: May 09, 2007, 02:46:06 pm »

Ok guys ... As I promised, I tried to collect all media/company contacts from yesterday's advertisers during GG.

Some were easy to find - some not. There have been two companies which I didn't include at all cause there have been too many addresses - but I think there are enough left to contact Wink

You can download the word-file from here http://root.pcmasters.at/upload/files/2659036-List_of_Advertisers.doc  .. it's not formated very well, but can read everything from there.
Some companies have contact forms but the links are really, too long, so I included the homepage from every company.

I hope you can use this list!! Wink

Wow.  Thank you!

Get cracking everyone.  Haha. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: May 09, 2007, 02:57:51 pm »

This made me very angry: http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/1749;_ylt=Ak0XfubwqgyY9Z.1ckw0UJSAo9EF

We're not even in the top finales.  How unfair is that?  I mean, we've had this show for 7 years.  Does anyone else, besides us, care that it's basically ending?  No wonder our ratings are lower, we're never mentioned anywhere.

And then: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070509/ap_en_tv/tv_missing_viewers_5

So if viewers are down in general, how can they say Gilmore Girls is down from last year?  Is it really?  Is the percentage lower, or just the viewers?  If less people are watching TV in general, the same percentage might be watching Gilmore Girls, it just looks like less.

That's all.

I went to the link about finales and it seemed to only be listing the SEASON finales and not series finales so GG may not have been included in that category for that reason, in addition to this, it still listed the Amazing Race finale which was on Sunday, the announcment was made on Thursday so if this article was written before the announcement they may not have known that it was ending anyway, so I don't think that necessarily indicates that no one cares that it is ending...at least I hope not...
gg4evr
Town Resident

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4632 on: May 09, 2007, 03:09:37 pm »

I loved last night's episode-- another touching episode!!   And I'm definitely looking forward to next week's final episode!  I'm gonna reserve any judgment until after I've seen it but I can understand the anger of many fans.  From what Lauren Graham said in the interview yesterday though,  she said the final episode is satisfying as a series finale.  So we'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime, please continue supportiing Gilmore Girls in the teavee.com poll!!  Thank for the support of Gilmore Girls fans-- the show is currently at #5 and we have plenty of time this month to bring our girls higher in the poll!!  Hope to see you there!! Smiley  

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:55 pm »

So what exactly should we say to the companies??

I'm a little behind today.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
runningsb05
Gilmore Maid

Life's short. Talk fast. :]

View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: May 09, 2007, 03:23:07 pm »

Oh     my         gosh. This is all still so new to me and somehow I don't quite believe that Gilmore Girls is actually ending. I watched it from the beginning, I was there when Rory got into Chilton, had her first boyfriend, then her second. I was there when Lorelai started her inn, and when Rory was valevictorian. I was there when Rory got into Yale, and when Lorelai and Luke kissed for the first time. I was there when Rory got her third boyfriend, and then quit Yale. I was there when Lorelai purposed to Luke, then they broke up. And finally I was there when Rory graduated from Yale and said no to Logan, the only boyfriend I though was right for her. Now I will be there when Rory moves to Iowa and Luke and Lorelai get back together. Then its THE END. I WANT A MORE COMPLETE ENDING! I want a eighth season, bad, I want Gilmore Girls to go on forever.

Gilmore Girls has been my life for the last seven years. I turned to it in times of anger, sadness, frustration, and happiness. But now I will have nothing to turn to. I just can't believe it  Cry

I am going to do everything I can think of to CONTINUE GILMORE GIRLS. Even if they dont renew for another three years, I will still be happy - because at least they renewed it.

One last thing...

Save Gilmore Girls!

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Saying goodbye is saying I love you.   - Headliners for life.

Rory: Asher Flemming is dead.
Marty: In bed?
Rory: No
Marty: Damn, I lost the pool
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: