The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:18:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730392 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: May 09, 2007, 11:17:12 am »

Thanks for the peport Rob. What did you mean by there will not be an official last episode? I am confused and what happen with a fire and why would that effect GG and VM? sorry for all the questions Smiley

IMO, Berman was referring to the fact that Gg is finishing on a season finale and not a series finale due to The CW pulling out of negotiations for next season at the last minute.  It's yet another good sign for us because Berman had more or less been bad-mouthing Gg in his ratings analyses for the past 5 months or so until this change of heart.

If/when the addresses/phone numbers/email addresses for advertisers are posted here (somebody please post them ASAP!), please be sure to compliment them on their support of Gg, add that you like their product if you use it (but don't lie if you don't use it) and let them know about Gg's continued high ratings even in the face of the Griffith Park firing skewing the ratings results versus VM's incredible plummet.  Don't knock VM, but let them know something like, "If the CW is so close to keeping VM around with such low ratings, doesn't it make more sense for you as an advertiser to demand that The CW keep Gilmore Girls, too, since it gets *much* better ratings?"

BTW, do NOT copy what I wrote word-for-word.  It's not that I'm withholding permission, it's just that letters that are written with the same wording are considered astroturf, a type of spamming particular to letter-writing campaigns.  Speak/write from the heart about why you like the show/what the show means to you, what you know about what the ratings mean and that you would appreciate the advertisers' support since the networks unveil their new fall schedules to you advertisers next week.  BE POLITE, BE ORIGINAL -- the advertisers want to know about your likes and dislikes as it helps them to decide where they're gonig to put their television advertising dollars.  It's okay to tell the advertisers that you're mad at the network, just don't do it in a way that even implies that you might be mad at the advertisers as the current cancelled state of the show is not their fault.  After all, they'd rather have the show with the higher ratings, y'know.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because, well, Rory's not ready to settle down, so why should we?
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4606 on: May 09, 2007, 11:38:56 am »

I just wanted to add that I started a thread over on another Fan Club that I'm in...on KellyClarkson.com ...and I hope that some of them came over here as well. I know a few have but I'm posting the Great 8 Mandate on every FC that I'm in! haha! The more the better! hehe

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4607 on: May 09, 2007, 11:41:48 am »

Thanks Rob for posting the ratings!! Now I am not too familiar with the ratings and what they mean - but I think we did pretty good, so that's great Smiley

Sorry everyone for the delay with the advertisers-list, but work was more busy today than I expected it to. However, I should be done in about 40 minutes! Wink

GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 09, 2007, 12:00:55 pm »

May I just add a bit of my anger to this thread!  After seeing last nights episode I was so angry knowing that it was one of the final two episodes.  From what I can tell these were written BEFORE they knew if the season were being cancelled, because I don't believe they would end things so poorly.  Last year 7th Heaven ended so abruptly that they were able to FINALLY get a deal for x number of episodes.  Now in my opinion the quality of 7th Heaven has greatly deteriorated since it's glory days, but maybe we have a chance.  I was so upset after last night and watching the promo, I almost screamed out loud.  A quality show like Gilmore Girls DOES NOT deserve to end with so many loose ends. Shows like Sex and the City, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Friends as well as many other very POPULAR well written shows had less seasons than our beloved show BUT AT LEAST THEY HAD DECENT ENDING EPISODES.  No matter if you liked who ended up with who in the end, they were done with class. WE DESERVE SOME CLASS, DON'T YOU THINK?

AGREED!!!!!!!

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 09, 2007, 12:04:04 pm »

Yes!

Last night made me soooo mad.
This is THE BEST show out there. Of course, I'm slightly biased, but still.
Gg has always had a good reputation when it comes to cliffhangers, and they shouldn't have to ruin the SERIES FINALE.

That probably made no sense what-so-ever.

Oh well.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 09, 2007, 12:09:22 pm »

I have a question cause I don't live in the USA so I don't know what's going on in the media there... Do any magazines or web-sites pay attention on this mandate? Because it would be sad if no-one actually knew what GG fans do to bring the show back... So was it mentioned somewhere/somewhen that we're trying to save GG?

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 09, 2007, 12:14:12 pm »

Yes!

Gg has always had a good reputation when it comes to cliffhangers, and they shouldn't have to ruin the SERIES FINALE.

Oh well.

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, because

WARNING to Los Angeles viewers:  DO NOT WATCH ANY PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE.   Not during any other CW show, not at the end of your airing of Gg on Saturday night, not anytime.  It gives away a SPOILER that it shouldn't have.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because the network's Preview Monkeys[1] suck.

[1] (my name for the makers of the previews)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 09, 2007, 12:23:58 pm »

Yes!

Oh well.

Actually, this makes a lot of sense, because

WARNING to Los Angeles viewers:  DO NOT WATCH ANY PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE.   Not during any other CW show, not at the end of your airing of Gg on Saturday night, not anytime.  It gives away a SPOILER that it shouldn't have.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because the network's Preview Monkeys[1] suck.

[1] (my name for the makers of the previews)

Grrrr the CW makes me so angry!!!  They are lucky to have a quality show like Gilmore Girls on their otherwise shitty network (excuse my language).  It will be so easy not to watch the CW anymore if GG doesnt come back next year...
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 09, 2007, 12:26:06 pm »

Agreed. Except I'm already hooked on Smallville.
Darn. No boycotting for me!

And, did anyone get the list of companies we can write to??
I gotta start doing something!

copperboom21
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 09, 2007, 12:28:57 pm »

May I just add a bit of my anger to this thread!  After seeing last nights episode I was so angry knowing that it was one of the final two episodes.  From what I can tell these were written BEFORE they knew if the season were being cancelled, because I don't believe they would end things so poorly.  Last year 7th Heaven ended so abruptly that they were able to FINALLY get a deal for x number of episodes.  Now in my opinion the quality of 7th Heaven has greatly deteriorated since it's glory days, but maybe we have a chance.  I was so upset after last night and watching the promo, I almost screamed out loud.  A quality show like Gilmore Girls DOES NOT deserve to end with so many loose ends. Shows like Sex and the City, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Friends as well as many other very POPULAR well written shows had less seasons than our beloved show BUT AT LEAST THEY HAD DECENT ENDING EPISODES.  No matter if you liked who ended up with who in the end, they were done with class. WE DESERVE SOME CLASS, DON'T YOU THINK?

I agree, but for the record, Friends had 10 seasons, which is 3 more than Gilmore Girls, so it did not have fewer seasons. it was supposed to end at 9, but fans pushed for it to have an extra one.
Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 09, 2007, 12:41:22 pm »

it makes ma really sad that after 7th heaven and friends, we probably won't get another season although we're doing so much to save the show  Sad

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 09, 2007, 12:59:30 pm »

And I thought the last season of FRIENDS was pretty darn good too!

purpleflippers
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 09, 2007, 01:00:07 pm »

I totally agree, this is not a proper ending!!!!!

this is a copy of what i wrote earlier today under the mourning the loss thread:

OK, I will never be happy about this show ending. No series finale is going to be "good" for me!!! However, so many things normally happen when a finale occurs. There is a build up, old story lines conclude, usually former cast memebers come back for an episode or two to give closure to things.  When other shows end, you know, that the cast memebers must have been so emotional throughout, and what a party they must have had afterward, and that is on your mind as you watch the episode!!! We don't get that. The last episode we ever get to see of Gilmore Girls could have served as just a season finale.  As though we, as fans, don't deserve more.

I use to love Charmed, and what a great ending they had.  A look into the future, so we got to see what became of them all, it took maybe 10 minutes at the end of the episode, but it brough closure and made me feel good about it.  I had watched the first few seasons of Dawson's Creek, and although i stopped after a few seasons, I did watch the finale, and the entire episode took place 5 years in the future.....what a great idea, you didn't see the "as it happens" version of the closure, but you got to see what happened to them and how there lives turned out.

So, because Gilmore Girls has so many open ended story lines currently, you would think they would realize they can't wrap it all up with 1 episode, so perhaps they would take one of the two approaches i meantioned.  But instead, we get none of that, just an episode that, "could serve as a series or season fianle".  This is bull poopie!!!  If they can't give us another season, then get everyone an additional taping, and add an episode!!! do a "20 years in the future" episode where Rory's daughter Lori (short for lorelei) just found out she got into Chilton................How's that for full circle!!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:01:14 pm by purpleflippers » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:04 pm »

Anything would work for me.

And it's not that I'm upset about the series ending, its the way it is ending.
I always thought it would be a funny, almost filler kind of ending.
No major stuff would happen, becasue everyone's problems would be already solved.
It would be happy and REEK Stars Hollow.

*angers* <--Because anger is a verb now.  Angry Angry Angry

And as dedicated fans, I believe we deserve MORE. Like Lauren said, "The show wouldn't have lasted without the fans."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:08:37 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

Junkie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 09, 2007, 01:13:54 pm »

I wonder if The CW cares about what we think of the ending... I bet they don't and that upsets me!  Sad  Angry

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: