The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 12:27:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733030 times)
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4455 on: May 07, 2007, 08:44:16 pm »

Thanks for all of your efforts Heidi.  My flowers arrived to Lauren and Alexis today:

Dear Amy,
   Below is delivery information for order W00738.

Your order to Alexis Bledel was delivered on Monday, 05/07

RECIPIENT(S) INFORMATION                                                                                            

Address  
   Alexis Bledel  
   C/O Flutie Entertainment 6500 Wilshire Blvd Suite 2240  
   Los Angeles, CA 90048  

Gift(s)

MAKE LEMONADE(TM) IN A PITCHER  (#16405)  

Delivery Date

5/7/2007

Dear Amy,
   Below is delivery information for order W008738.

Your order to Lauren Graham was delivered on Monday, 05/07

RECIPIENT(S) INFORMATION                                                                                            

Address  
   Lauren Graham  
   C/O John Carrabino Management 100 North Crescent Dr. G-400  
   Beverly Hills, CA 90210  

Gift(s)

MAKE LEMONADE(TM) IN A VASE  (#17015)  

Delivery Date

5/7/2007

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: May 07, 2007, 08:58:51 pm »

Kay so I just now read that interview. I still LOVE Lauren and she will always be my rolemodel. When I think about it, I kinda agree with what she had to say. I mean, without ASP it hasn't been as good as it would with her there. I just can not wait tos ee what the future brings for Lauren and Alexis, they are amazing.

Now, we can still enjoy the last 2 episodes ever, and reruns will probably be on for a long time. Not only that, but we can watch the DVD's over and over again (if only I had any of them Sad)

Thank you Heidi for doing all that you did, and I think I will always be visiting this site.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: May 07, 2007, 09:01:25 pm »

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 
[snip]
Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

No offense to those of you who are organizing this campaign, but campaigns of this kind normally only work if a  network has decided to cancel a show because of low ratings. Strong indications of support from dedicated fans can sometimes turn that decision around. However, if it's the network who is willing to save the show but the *actors* aren't willing, then audience support is not a relevant factor.

I love the show and hate to see it go but if the actors have turned down numerous offers to continue and have decided they would rather not go forward, all the audience fervor in the world isn't going to save it.

I think we all need to start dedicating our emotional energy to surviving viewing The Last Episode...

Two points:

1) You are working under a grave misconception.  The network cancelled the show, not the actors.  The actors rejected the most recent offer that the network gave them, but it was the network that walked away from the table.  In Lauren's own words, the network walked away from the negotiating table, "because it got too complicated" for them.  In fact, the actors still do want to do the show -- the leads just don't want to kill themselves in doing so.  Which, btw, was the exact same reason ASP and DP walked away from the show last year.  It's not because they don't want to do it, it's because 12-16 hour workdays are ridonkulous by any standard.

Therefore:

2) Nothing fundamental has really changed.  The network cancelled the show, not because of low ratings, but that's entirely beside the point.  *As with shows with low ratings,* the network cancelled the show.  Shows that get cancelled by the network *can* get revived in one form or another *because they have.*  And hey, Gg has a bigger audience than any low-rated show that gets cancelled -- #2 in its target demographics for the timeslot across all the networks, #2 among scripted series overall on the entire CW network.  Heck, if series with lower viewerships (Farscape), with far less critical acclaim (Roswell) than Gg can get revived in one form or another, then, heck, reviving a popular show that the actors still want to do, that the actors kept trying to work on a deal with the network for that satisfied everybody's concerns, that should be a snap by comparison with other show-saving campaigns.

As far as ratings go, the ratings for Angel were there, the viewers were there (as they are for Gg) and the WB still cancelled it and for all intents and purposes, lost an incredible amount of trust and overall goodwill with its target audience.  The CW and its incarnation as The WB before it has had a history of cancelling shows *even when the actors still want to do it and even when the ratings are still high enough to justify keeping it around.*

Yes, The CW is nothing more than The WB with one different letter in the name -- because UPN had no identity of its own whatsoever, while pretty much everything on the network but ANTM and Smackdown were the types of shows that made The WB's name.  Even when, like with Veronica Mars and the urban comedies, they originated on UPN.

What I think happened is that The CW walked away from the negotiation table in frustration, not because a reasonable deal couldn't be made with Lauren and Alexis, that would satisfy everybody, but because they had confused themselves so much by trying to throw so many things at Lauren and Alexis that they went into denial, refusing to accept that Lauren and Alexis's demands were primarily dealing with reasonable working hours (and therefore, more generally, reasonable working conditions).  Lauren left the door wide open in Michael's interview for The CW to come back to them with an offer that allowed them to have a life outside of the studio.  

Or to be Zen or Occam-y about it, you just don't go on at length about what you want if you don't want it anymore.  Jeez, dude, Lauren's about as wordy as I am, what the heck do you think that really says about her desire to keep doing the show?  (Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.)

Finally, I think you need to accept something about us that you don't really accept as of yet -- Namely, we do, in fact, know and accept that the show has been cancelled.  The mission is to get it uncancelled.  We know and accept that that's an incredibly hard thing to do.

If you don't think it can be done, that the show can't be saved no matter how much you like it or want it to continue, then I sort of wonder why you're posting here.  But if you think that it *can* be done or *should* be done no matter what the odds are, then, welcome!  You've come to the right place and it's time for you to step up and take on some of the tasks that need to continue to be done, such as the letter-writing campaign, The Daisy Campaigns (either Heidi's Daisy Campaign to pool resources into the dlivery of one large bouquet or my "Operation: Daisy Duke" geared toward do-it-yourselfers and people who don't have PayPal accounts) and, most importantly, to spread the word of the campaign as far and as wide as possible.

We also need people to contact advertisers, who can pressure the network to stop putting on sucky reality shows as this is the prime time, these days immediately before the Upfronts, where we've got the maximum chance to ask advertisers to use their economic power to make the network rethink its poor scheduling decisions.  SOMEBODY needs to tell them for once to do the exact opposite of every single one of their instincts, might as well be us, the advertisers or both that tells them.   Grin

BTW, thank you, Ameroo, for sharing with us that Lauren and Alexis received your flowers!  Hooray!  Pretty Stick por vous!

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai has umlauts.  (Mmmmmmmm, oooooooooommmmmlauts!)  (Dirty!)
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: May 07, 2007, 09:17:03 pm »

apparently the thread i posted on the CW gilmore girl's myspace is actually being viewed.

only three different people have commented - but i'm glad that it's actually being seen! i'm sending people this way to help us out with the daisies, snail mail, and emails being sent!

i really hope it helps!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Nemova
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: May 07, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »

Thanks for your post, Rob. I'm honestly sick and tired of people's negativity and pessimistic response to our efforts to save the show. I got this vibe almost everywhere I posted about the Great8Mandate. The only place I was received with some optimism was, strange as it is, a fashion forum. I get it that some fans don't want the show back next year/are glad that it's finally gone or just think that getting it un-cancelled is too big of a stunt for us to pull, but it doesn't mean they should try and convince us otherwise or even demean our efforts. We have the right to be upset and to want an eighth season just as much they have the right to not want it.

Not ready to let go of Gilmore Girls - it ain't over 'til it's over.
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: May 07, 2007, 09:22:37 pm »

Hi Rob,

I just hope it helps.  No matter what happens, I will at least feel better about it when it ends knowing I did everything I can to save our favorite show.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone here for working so hard on this campaign and giving me some hope.  It is appreciated more than you know.

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: May 07, 2007, 09:24:24 pm »

Thanks for all of your efforts Heidi.  My flowers arrived to Lauren and Alexis today

Excellent!  And mine arrived to Dawn-->

Your order to Dawn Ostroff was delivered on Monday, 05/07

RECIPIENT(S) INFORMATION                                                                                            

Address  
   Dawn Ostroff  
   Cw Television Network 4000 Warner Blvd. Bldg 168  
   Burbank, CA 91522  

Gift(s)

SPRING DAISY BASKET - SMALL  (#2382S)  

Delivery Date

5/7/2007

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: May 07, 2007, 09:26:58 pm »

Awesome news!  They all got them on the same day!  Since they all got them at the same time, it makes much more of a statement I think.

Thanks for all of your efforts Heidi.  My flowers arrived to Lauren and Alexis today

Excellent!  And mine arrived to Dawn-->

Your order to Dawn Ostroff was delivered on Monday, 05/07

RECIPIENT(S) INFORMATION                                                                                            

Address  
   Dawn Ostroff  
   Cw Television Network 4000 Warner Blvd. Bldg 168  
   Burbank, CA 91522  

Gift(s)

SPRING DAISY BASKET - SMALL  (#2382S)  

Delivery Date

5/7/2007

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: May 07, 2007, 09:42:11 pm »

Thanks for your post, Rob. I'm honestly sick and tired of people's negativity and pessimistic response to our efforts to save the show. I got this vibe almost everywhere I posted about the Great8Mandate. The only place I was received with some optimism was, strange as it is, a fashion forum. I get it that some fans don't want the show back next year/are glad that it's finally gone or just think that getting it un-cancelled is too big of a stunt for us to pull, but it doesn't mean they should try and convince us otherwise or even demean our efforts. We have the right to be upset and to want an eighth season just as much they have the right to not want it.

Oh, Nemova, that's great!  Fans are fans wherever they come from, tell 'em to come on over!  We'd love to have any help that they can give us!

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm jumping, Jack.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:44:46 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Nemova
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: May 07, 2007, 10:07:27 pm »

Oh, Nemova, that's great!  Fans are fans wherever they come from, tell 'em to come on over!  We'd love to have any help that they can give us!

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm jumping, Jack.

I know one of them is already sending out emails. I keep telling them to come here and join our crusade to save GG.

Not ready to let go of Gilmore Girls - it ain't over 'til it's over.
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: May 08, 2007, 01:03:44 am »

Clover

Hi Guys

I agree with all the regulars that we cant give up now, this the THE most important time in the fight.  Let those execs at CW know that there is a HUGE fan base worldwide.  The more emails and snailmail and comments they see and hear the better, especially from the Overseas fans.

Let them know we aren't happy and that we want them to fight to bring back the Gilmore Girls for a proper goodbye.

SO DONT GIVE UP, FIGHT REALLY HARD AND REALLY STRONG MAKE YOURSELF HEARD.

WE WANT SERIES 8 WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET IT DONE

Michelle
Australia 
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: May 08, 2007, 02:11:23 am »

hey guys, i live millions of miles away, if i would do something, the attention would be surely bigger, i mailed them but thatīs not enough, what can I do- even I live that far away (VIENNA) ?

gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: May 08, 2007, 03:32:14 am »

i have my tape in for Ellen today!!!!  And i will be glued to the TV tonight watching Gilmore Girls!!!!!!!!

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: May 08, 2007, 03:40:07 am »

i have my tape in for Ellen today!!!!  And i will be glued to the TV tonight watching Gilmore Girls!!!!!!!!

omg i feel so sad for u, i mean, i have a full season to watch but u just only 2  Cry Cry Cry
it is just not fair, 7th heaven is one of the worst shows i have ever seen, how can this have just so many seasons

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 08, 2007, 07:08:29 am »

I'm watching Ellen right now!! She's not on yet, but it's getting closerrr! haha.  I can't wait for GG tonight even though it's getting closer and closer to the end.
Tuesdays are now officially marked in my book as international Gilmore Girls Day!! Smiley 

So, Happy Gilmore Girls Day, everyone!!
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: