The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:10:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732400 times)
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4440 on: May 07, 2007, 07:04:43 pm »

Well I watched "The Lorelais First Day at Chilton" on the ABC Family channel today and didn't cry... so that's an improvement. I'm actually kind of glad ABC Family decided to start all over again like that because watching the first season is so much easier to bear than any of the others to me. As long as I watch it innocently without too much looking into future episodes.

I watched the Pilot Episode earlier today on ABC Family, and at the last scene which is the scene that is echoed in the Finale i couldn't help but cry.  But, yeah, I love watching the episodes all over again too, but still, even little things that wouldnt normally make me cry watching do now because it is really over. 

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: May 07, 2007, 07:07:26 pm »

oh. my. god. [bStillstanding[/b], I HAVE to give you props for your sig. It is incredible and I couldn't love it more. Hahaha I'll have to give you a pretty stick for it.  Grin

Why thank you Tongue  I sent the picture of the sig with all my letters i just recently sent out.. maybe it'll give them ideas lol.. i wish Smiley

SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: May 07, 2007, 07:15:05 pm »

on more day till a new episode
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: May 07, 2007, 07:17:05 pm »

i watched the pilot today too! but i couldn't hold back =( i cried. but i thought the scene that they were trying to imitate (i know they aren't IMITATING it, but i couldn't think a more appropriate word =/ ) was the first scene, in the diner? am i wrong? now i can't recall what the last scene is! (unfortunately i had to leave for an exam at 5 to 12, so i missed the last scene by minutes.. )

hm, just randomly curious, i keep hearing people saying how they're from all over the world ( which i find so totally amazing!) and i'm curious where everyone else is from!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: May 07, 2007, 07:22:41 pm »

hm, just randomly curious, i keep hearing people saying how they're from all over the world ( which i find so totally amazing!) and i'm curious where everyone else is from!

We're all residents of Stars Hollow    Wink
When I'm not .. I'm in Wichita, Kansas. Grin
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: May 07, 2007, 07:29:50 pm »

^Just saw you live in Kansas, and thought I'd give you a shoutout! I used to live in Overland Park(Johnson County) i'm not sure if you're familiar with it or not, but it's nice to know another Kansan Gilmore Fan. --*Community Point*
(and by the way, stay in Kansas! If you move, you're guaranteed to hear endless "Wizard of Oz" jokes--spoken from experience)
Welcome to the Forum. =)

I missed today's episode. =(  But I definitely plan on watching it tomorrow! Is it the "Deer Hunters" episode? This is lifting my spirits just talking about it. Even if(just, IF) we don't have a season 8, I'm starting to remember the amazing memories we've already had.

August 6th! 
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: May 07, 2007, 07:42:05 pm »

^Just saw you live in Kansas, and thought I'd give you a shoutout! I used to live in Overland Park(Johnson County) i'm not sure if you're familiar with it or not, but it's nice to know another Kansan Gilmore Fan. --*Community Point*
(and by the way, stay in Kansas! If you move, you're guaranteed to hear endless "Wizard of Oz" jokes--spoken from experience)
Welcome to the Forum. =)

Overland Park??..
I grew up in Shawnee.... Graduated from Shawnee Mission Northwest in 1977.
To those who don't know.. Both Shawnee and Overland Park are suburbs in the Kansas City area.
And.. at one point..  I think the only thing between Shawnee and Overland Park is I-35..

People can joke all they want..  I'll never leave Kansas.
And guess what?? I don't know anything about farming, never lived on a farm...

Besides.. There's no place like home.. Grin

OH.. Had to add this..
I've heard the term "BTK'd" a couple of times on GG.. I think it was uttered by Laurelai.. and I know that Paris said it.. (BTK was that nut in Wichita, Kansas that killed several women over the course of almost 30 years.. He was finally caught and put in prison)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 07:46:03 pm by Bill » Logged
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: May 07, 2007, 07:47:59 pm »

^Hah! That's the pride I miss! If anyone has ever even seen Johnson County, nowadays, they'd take back all their comments. I'm pretty sure it's in the top 5 richest counties in the U.S. So, all those farmer jokes aren't too relevant.

Laura(the girls4ever) just made a fantastic sig for me, and I'm hoping it'll get some people interested in the mandate. If not, it's still got some great moments from over the years. =]

August 6th! 
Bill
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: May 07, 2007, 07:53:08 pm »

^Hah! That's the pride I miss! If anyone has ever even seen Johnson County, nowadays, they'd take back all their comments. I'm pretty sure it's in the top 5 richest counties in the U.S. So, all those farmer jokes aren't too relevant.

Yep.. When I was young.. It was the 2nd richest county in the United States.. surprise surpise..

But.. I'm sure it slipped a bit.. You can't have that kind of influx of population and keep that kind of ranking.. besides.. Too many people who make the $$$ I do stayed for years.. LOL

Johnson County is now the most populated county in Kansas.. They passed Sedgwick (Wichita) County shortly after the 2000 census.

But again..
We are all proud residents of Stars Hollow, Connecticut..  Smiley
JG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -1

View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: May 07, 2007, 08:15:14 pm »

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 
[snip]
Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

No offense to those of you who are organizing this campaign, but campaigns of this kind normally only work if a  network has decided to cancel a show because of low ratings. Strong indications of support from dedicated fans can sometimes turn that decision around. However, if it's the network who is willing to save the show but the *actors* aren't willing, then audience support is not a relevant factor.

I love the show and hate to see it go but if the actors have turned down numerous offers to continue and have decided they would rather not go forward, all the audience fervor in the world isn't going to save it.

I think we all need to start dedicating our emotional energy to surviving viewing The Last Episode...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:16:39 pm by JG » Logged
Nemova
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:06 pm »

I'm posting from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. You guys would be surprised by the amount of fans the show has over here.

Not ready to let go of Gilmore Girls - it ain't over 'til it's over.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4451 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:19 pm »

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4452 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:43 pm »

What is the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign?

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 

The exact executives/actors who will receive the daisies depends entirely on how much money the campaign raises.  It would be safe to assume that our first targets are people like Dawn Ostroff (President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network), Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Peter Roth (President, Warner Brothers Television) and so on.

How can I participate and send daisies?

There are two ways to participate in the Daisy Campaign.  Supporters can either send bouquets of daisies on their own, or they can send money to GilmoreGirls.org via PayPal so that resources can be pooled together. 

What happens once I send money to GilmoreGirls.org?

Every dollar that is sent to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign will be used for purchasing flowers.  GilmoreGirls.org will work closely with local florists to ensure that money is spent properly and on something Gilmore fans will be proud of.  If possible, photos will be taken of the daisy bouquets.  At the very least GilmoreGirls.org will provide receipts for all flower purchases so that participants can see exactly how money was sent. 

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected] 

What is PayPal?

PayPal.com is a company/service that allows individuals to send and receive money online.  It's free, secure, and a fast way to send payments.  Users can send payments using a credit card, debit card, or bank account.  For first time PayPal users, I suggest visiting PayPal.com and taking a look around.  It only takes a few minutes to sign up for an account and send a payment.

When is the last day money can be sent in for the Daisy Campaign?

As of this moment, the campaign's deadline is May 13th.  Depending on how much money is raised, GilmoreGirls.org may choose to send multiple bouquets of daisies, or one giant bouquet.  If at any point news is released that there is zero (absolutely no hope) for a season 8 revival, GilmoreGirls.org will stop accepting payments for the campaign.

If I have questions about the Daisy Campaign, who can I contact?

All questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.  Please feel free to post them in this thread.  If you'd prefer to contact GilmoreGirls.org via e-mail, write to [email protected].

Final comments

Please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship.  No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

~Heidi

P.S. - If something isn't clear or needs further explaination, please let me know.  I'd be more than happy to address any questions or concerns.

In the event anyone is still interested in donating to the Daisy Campaign, I plan on ordering the bouquets tomorrow so that they can be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday.  Nothing is finalized because I want to talk with different florists in person before making any decisisons, but as of this moment Lauren, Alexis, and Dawn will each receive one big bouquet of yellow daisies.

If possible, please have all donations in to me by tomorrow afternoon so that I can best guestimate the total.  In the event you truly want to participate, but won't have the funds to do so until the end of the week, please let me know and I might be able to chip in some funds on your behalf in the meantime.

And again ... please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship.  No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

As of today we've raised about $375.  Thank you to everyone who has contributed.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Nemova
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: May 07, 2007, 08:33:37 pm »

No offense to those of you who are organizing this campaign, but campaigns of this kind normally only work if a  network has decided to cancel a show because of low ratings. Strong indications of support from dedicated fans can sometimes turn that decision around. However, if it's the network who is willing to save the show but the *actors* aren't willing, then audience support is not a relevant factor.

I love the show and hate to see it go but if the actors have turned down numerous offers to continue and have decided they would rather not go forward, all the audience fervor in the world isn't going to save it.

I think we all need to start dedicating our emotional energy to surviving viewing The Last Episode...

But in the meantime we can still fight for the show. One thing doesn't cancel out the other.  Smiley

Not ready to let go of Gilmore Girls - it ain't over 'til it's over.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: May 07, 2007, 08:41:01 pm »

But in the meantime we can still fight for the show. One thing doesn't cancel out the other.  Smiley

Yea exactly, I think everyone in here is going to view the last episode of the season as the last episode of the show, even if we didn't get the horrible announcement that the show was cancelled early, I still would just so that I know to appreciate every aspect of the episode (I would even if it was just the season finale but still) but that doesn't mean we can't keep fighting and keep the faith we have even if all the faith we have is as small as a mustard seed! We can do this! If not, we know we tried and did everything possible! I don't want to be left with any regret if this is it! I don't want to be sitting in my house watching the last episode over and over again thinking "what if we didn't do everything, what if we could have done more!"

We know but what we are doing now is sending in ideas mostly, plus I'm sure the actresses and network appreciate the compliments and feedback we are giving them in our letters. If I was involved with the show, I would be heartbroken to see the show cancelled and get no respones to it. The daisies can also help somewhat, they were originally suppost to be flattering and a nice gester towards the actresses and they were suppost to help persuade them into hopefully doing more, it also was a reference to the show so it showed how dedicated and obsessed we are cause we remembered the daisie thing. Now they are more of a goodbye present along with a small nudge to hopefully get them to continue. I doubt they will help alot to get them to continue but you never know! Smiley

Thats great ameroo that they got them Smiley congrats!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:51:40 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: