The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:21:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765405 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: May 07, 2007, 01:39:01 pm »

I totally agree with those who say "let's stay in until it's not over". We have to stay in; just take a look at a few page back: there are a lot of messages stating that is right to try everything possible, no matter what's happening or what happened. It's more than correct to try everything because we don't want to arrive to say "but if we maybe..." (i don't remember who said that). So why shoud we give it all up right now? There's plenty of time before may 17th.
And remember that probably those interviews to Lauren have been taken just few hours (ok, maybe a couple of days) after the "final" decision: she was going on vacation. I mean, she was just done with the shots. Maybe a bit of time (far away from the set and the collegues) can make them change their opinion.

And after all, I repeat (and I saw I'm not the one to think about this solution; right go_clo?  Wink ): if we arrive at may 17th with no GG in the schedule, we'll have an ENTIRE year to try to convince CW (with proposals and so on) to take the show back, or at least to try to figure something out to take the actors back at the table.

Meantime, enjoy these last two episodes. =)

has this ever happen?
i mean that a show was canceld and then- one year later they came back Huh

Farscape, Firefly/Serenity.

I am sorry but I can´t imagine that because they will removie the whole set Sad

The state of the sets is an entire non-issue.  Because:

1) Rory graduates from Yale this season.  Hence all those sets are/were permanently struck weeks ago anyway.

2) A certain character is supposed to be leaving sometime in the last two episodes (other than Rory), so those sets go anyway.

3) The exteriors of downtown Stars Hollow (including Luke's Diner, inside and out, Miss Patty's Dance Hall, Taylor's market, etc.) are sets so permanent that they've been on the Warner lot for literally decades (around 60 years in various capacities).  Likewise, the exterior of Mrs. Kim's antiques, Lorelai's house (the reverse of which is Sookie's house) ain't going nowhere either because they're both parts of a permanent street of houses leading off the side of Stars Hollow.  These sets get painted and repainted year after year.

4) Likewise, the exterior of the Dragonfly is the Waltons' house, located on the Warner ranch somewhere off the studio lot.  That ain't goin' nowhere neither.

So that leaves just a few remaining interior sets that can easily be rebuilt to spec with blueprints, color swatches, etc.  Which are:

a) The interiors of the Crap Shack (Lorelai's House), which are on their own soundstage, not in the edifice that serves as the exterior of Lorelai's house.

b) The interiors of the Dragonfly (whcih are on their own soundstage on the Warner lot as well)

c) The interiors of Luke's apartment.

d) The interiors of the Gilmore Mansion.

That's it.  Just four permanent sets need to be either protected as is (as of the end of the season) or rebuilt from scratch.  It's even possible that some or all of these four sets needed to be rebuilt from scratch anyway as even permanent sets have to be rebuilt from scratch every 3-4 years or so.

In other words:  Sets are easy to rebuild.  So don't worry about them.  Total side issue.  What's more important is to strike fast and strike hard so that the show is uncancelled ASAP because it's harder to get a cast back together once they've been released from their contracts.  So applying pressure on the network NOW will encourage cast and crew to keep their schedules open in case we can convince all of the necessary parties to go back to the negotiation tables to work out *something.*

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because campaigns do work.  They're *hard* work, but they *do* work.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:55:19 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:07 pm »

I'm writting from Argentina. I love this show and know lots of people from here that also love it. I am still very sad about the decision of not renewing the contracts for another season!  Cry I think Alexis and Laureen should know that their decision is affecting people all around the world and re-think about it!!  Roll Eyes
Is there any possibility for us (from here) to help asking for a new season?? The daisies are not bad idea, but they are very expensive for us here... Is there any E-mail address where we can send our letters???

hi! you can find several e-mail and post adresses on the first page of this thread!  Smiley

vjd32091
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 07, 2007, 01:54:08 pm »

I couldn't believe it!  Why is it that a show this good can be cancelled.  My son heard it on the radio and told me.  I rush home to watch it every afternoon (even though I have all the seasons on dvd)  and you can believe that Tuesday nights will never be the same without my dose Gilmore's.  I will be sending letters to the powers that be.
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: May 07, 2007, 02:20:15 pm »

3) The exteriors of downtown Stars Hollow (including Luke's Diner, inside and out, Miss Patty's Dance Hall, Taylor's market, etc.) are sets so permanent that they've been on the Warner lot for literally decades (around 60 years in various capacities).  Likewise, the exterior of Mrs. Kim's antiques, Lorelai's house (the reverse of which is Sookie's house) ain't going nowhere either because they're both parts of a permanent street of houses leading off the side of Stars Hollow.  These sets get painted and repainted year after year.

Yes!  I think I read that most of the Stars Hollow buildings were originally in a Ronald Reagan movie.  Now that's old.   Different productions just keep repainting them.     

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 07, 2007, 02:25:28 pm »

Okay, since people have been asking for addresses to write to, email to or send daisies to, I distilled many of the appropriate addresses from Page 1 here:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

EMAIL:  [email protected] and [email protected]

*PLEASE MAKE WRITING TO OR SENDING DAISIES TO MS. OSTROFF BY SNAIL MAIL YOUR FIRST PRIORITY.  As Lauren said in her interview with MIchael Ausiello, it's the network that pulled out of negotiations, saying, in her words, "It's too complicated."  Our job is to uncomplicate it for them.   Wink

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048
EMAILS:  Michael Flutie: [email protected]
             Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

OTHER CONTACTS (ie:  Entertainment Reporters/Media Outlets ...)

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide:  [email protected]    

Kristin Veitch from E! Online:  [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com:  [email protected]

People Magazine: [email protected]

Entertainment Weekly: [email protected]

ALSO:  KEEP IN MIND that you're going to hear a lot of discouragement from people at various levels of the biz, whether it's your local newspaper reporter or Lauren or what.  That's fine as far as it goes because they're trying to help to soothe your feelings, but some of them (like newspaper reporters) are doing it by repeating the rumor mills rather than giving tips on the *potential* of what we actually CAN do if we're persistent (ie: Lorelai-ish) enough.  Part of our job as campaigners is to NOT BE DISTRACTED BY IT.   Tongue

Still, no one's lying.  The show's been cancelled.  Our goal is to get it uncancelled.  To get those 13 episodes that the writing and production staff were working toward.  It's hard work, but it *has* worked.

One more thing:  Please start recruiting more and more fans of Gg to the Great 8 Mandate here at gg.org.  By email, by phone, on your mailing lists, on other message boards, wherever you can get people have voiced that they want the story to continue.  The Mandate has to *expand* at this point to tackle larger tasks, such as contacting the show's major advertisers, keep in touch with the media, etc.  For those of you who are younger, see if you can get your mother or another older relative involved.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Full Circle doesn't generally happen In Real Life, so they gotta do something else to conclude the show, darn it.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 07, 2007, 02:32:24 pm »

I don't want to bring the whole spirit of the mandate down, but I'm wondering if there's a chance. After what Lauren said, it doesn't even seem hopeful at all. If only ASP would come back, then there'd be a chance...I think! After the interview and Lauren missing ASP(who doesn't?)...I bet if Amy came back, there might be a larger chance of the cast coming as well. Too bad she's busy with her own stuff.  Sad

August 6th! 
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4416 on: May 07, 2007, 02:40:51 pm »

Don't know how you do it Rob, but your comments make me fight for a Season 8.Mailing my letters tomorrow.
Lauren's interview wasn't very encouraging,,,but we still have 10 days.
Keep sending emails,mails,daisies,anything.At least we try.
By the way Lauren mentioned a GG TV Movie, is that true? Possible at least?
I'm visiting the set in August,hopefully it will still be there.

KEEP MANDATING!!!

Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 07, 2007, 02:48:10 pm »

Hey! (I'm new by the way)
Thats what I was thinking...if Amy came back then Lauren would be more excited to do GG! Not being relieved that its over. But theres like...1% chance of happening. Right?

And another thing...if we got 13 more episodes, couldn't they spread it out over 2 weeks to shoot an episode? We'd probably see an episode every other week, but anythings fine with me! But then again...in the interview didn't Lauren say it wouldn't be GG if it wasn't shot in a week or something? Ughh I'm confused. Anyway, you got yourself a new mandate recruit!

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:22 pm »

And another thing...if we got 13 more episodes, couldn't they spread it out over 2 weeks to shoot an episode? We'd probably see an episode every other week, but anythings fine with me! But then again...in the interview didn't Lauren say it wouldn't be GG if it wasn't shot in a week or something? Ughh I'm confused. Anyway, you got yourself a new mandate recruit!

If the show filmed an episode every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, that would mean that they would have to start filming in late July/early August as usual, but start airing the episodes in late January in time for it to be done in late-April/early-May.  This is purely speculation, but perhaps this idea was floated to the network and they were just too stuck on wanting the show to return in the fall to realize that given their terrible new show slate, having 13 episodes of a veteran show in the process of filming for the spring is better than having nothing to fill the inevitable holes made by the early cancellations of all those newbie shows.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because the Lorelais think best when they think outside of the box.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 03:08:27 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 07, 2007, 03:06:33 pm »

I refuse to give up.  

I read the interview.  And yes, it did crush my spirit a little bit.  But the fact is, sometimes interviews can be curved so that it says what the network wants people to hear.  Even though this was done by Ausiello, they could still make it so it sounds like she's happier about it ending than she really is.    

And therefore I refuse to give up until May 17.  Yes, I am treating the May 15 episode like the last one forever because it (most likely) is.  But I don't want to give up all hope.  I don't care if we have a 7th Heaven revival.  I just want one.

Mandate!

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: May 07, 2007, 03:22:16 pm »

Yes the interview was very depressing but that's ok we can still have another season we just gotta believe! I can't wait for tomorrow! yeah I was woundering that about the tv movie too does anyone knwo anything about it?
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: May 07, 2007, 03:26:25 pm »

We need to keep fighting! Keep hoping, it's not over yet!

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: May 07, 2007, 03:36:14 pm »

If the show filmed an episode every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, that would mean that they would have to start filming in late July/early August as usual, but start airing the episodes in late January in time for it to be done in late-April/early-May.  This is purely speculation, but perhaps this idea was floated to the network and they were just too stuck on wanting the show to return in the fall to realize that given their terrible new show slate, having 13 episodes of a veteran show in the process of filming for the spring is better than having nothing to fill the inevitable holes made by the early cancellations of all those newbie shows.

-- Rob

Ohhh i see. Boy, those network/studio people are very unreasonable! Doesn't mean we can't keep fighting.  Wink

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4423 on: May 07, 2007, 04:15:48 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 20864. Rank is #5. (2269 away from #4 and 2265 ahead of #6)

Gilmore Girls has been averaging 3,000 votes everyday so far this month and we hope to have over 100,000 votes by the end of May!!  Thanks for the support of Gilmore Girls fans-- we had over 49,000 votes and peaked at #7 last month-- we are currently in the Top 5 this month!!    Let's show our support for our favorite girls this month-- with two episodes left of the show-- and express our gratitude for 7 wonderful years of Gilmore Girls  and vote for the show there!!  Every vote counts!! Hope to see you there!!    Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: May 07, 2007, 04:20:41 pm »

TWO SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR MANDATE TO-DO LIST:

1) BUY the rest of the Gg DVD sets that you don't already have -- or better yet, buy the DVDs for someone in your family for Mother's Day.  They're on sale at Target this week for $22.99 each (and likely other big retailers for similar prices.

2) BUY the Mandy Moore movie BECAUSE I SAID SO, which hits the DVD stands on Tuesday and co-stars Lauren Graham.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because WE Said So.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: