The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 07:49:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733365 times)
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4380 on: May 07, 2007, 06:58:43 am »

Something about the whole interview made me so sad.  That she did not have a favorite episode, about  she and scott (it doesn't sound like they are great friends .They have such chemistry on the show ), the hours she has to work ( I am a single mom and for years worked 2 jobs, I can understand her point)  .....that we will never know how it was really suppose to end......it all makes me very sad.    
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: May 07, 2007, 07:03:09 am »

what interview all u talking bout?
the ellen one?
are there spoilers about the 7th season in it?

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4382 on: May 07, 2007, 07:10:26 am »

the ellen one?

Hey Smiley  ... we are talking about Lauren's interview with M. Ausiello which was posted on tvguide.com yesterday .. There are some spoilers in it .. but I'll try to copy the parts that are spoiler-free and send them to you Smiley

laaauren
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: May 07, 2007, 07:12:23 am »

the ellen one?

Hey Smiley  ... we are talking about Lauren's interview with M. Ausiello which was posted on tvguide.com yesterday .. There are some spoilers in it .. but I'll try to copy the parts that are spoiler-free and send them to you Smiley

awwwwwww ur an angel!
how will u sent it to me? will u come into msn?

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: May 07, 2007, 07:58:19 am »

Hi!  It’s Day FOUR of . . .

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

In which we send real daisies to Dawn Ostroff, President of the CW (address later in this post) in order to urge her to work one last time with Lauren and Alexis to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

TODAY’S GOAL for “Operation: Daisy Duke” is to encourage those viewers who want to send daisies to Dawn Ostroff on their own to order and send a bouquet of daisies tomorrow, MONDAY, so that your bouquet can reach Ms. Ostroff on Tuesday, in conjunction with the airing of the penultimate episode of the season, “Unto the Breach.”

REMEMBER: It's time to double our resolve, not to give in!   Lauren's exit interview with Michael Ausiello at TV Guide does NOT mean that all is lost.  Farscape got its four-hour miniseries LONG after the show was cancelleld.  Firefly's "Serenity" epilogue was greenlit LONG after that show was cancelled -- and that became a theatrical movie.  Not saying that Gg would go to the big screen, but the perseverance of these show's fandoms BEYOND their shows' so-called endings resulted in proper endings for those shows.

Without further adieu, I present to you “Operation: Daisy Duke.”

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because it just wouldn't be a Save Gilmore Girls campaign without a funny pop culture reference coming from left field.  The show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with his daisies.

2)  There are many sources on the web and in your own backyard to send daisies through.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  One of Heidi's inquiries into a store located in Burbank stated that daisies can be ordered for as little as $1.50 per stem ($18 per dozen).  If you are willing to order your daisies through that store, then I think that the quantity of daisies ordered would be as profitable for that store as ordering a fewer amount of more expensive daisies would be.  So here's the address of the store to try:

Magnolia Flowers & Gifts
(818) 569-0229
- Daisies were available for $1.50 per stem.  According to the florist 1-2 dozen stems would make a nice vase. 

A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  And remember, you can also order daisies through FTD, 1-800flowers.com and other websites and even your local florists.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you.

3) THE DAISY CAMPAIGN:  If you are overseas or can't afford a full bouquet or a simple dozen stems, then please add to Heidi's Daisy Campaign. ”Operation: Daisy Duke” and The Daisy Campaign are NOT competing ideas, they are two methods to accomplish the same idea, which is to send daisies to Dawn Ostroff at The CW.  Partipate in whichever method is right for you because they are BOTH part of the Great Season 8 Mandate.  The larger the number of daisies that are sent through The Daisy Campaign, the better. The more bouquets of daisies that come in to Ostroff’s mailroom everyday, the better.  One large bouquet going in reinforces a stream of individual bouquets going in and a stream of individual bouquets reinforces one large bouquet.  Please PM Heidi if you want to go with the PayPal plan way, it'll help give her the idea of what size of an order she'd be making at minimum and the more people she gets a sense that would be willing to donate, the bigger the bouquet will be.  And she'll post further details as soon as she can. 

4) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai.  If whoever you order from is out of yellow daisies (unlikely, but still . . .) then, sure, go with white daisies, but Yellow is the color.

5) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address: 

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

6)  You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand, respect and even share those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

7) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline.

I'll do another big push on Sunday the 13th (yes, I know, I know, Mother’s Day)    to encourage sending flowers on Gilmore Tuesdays, but the more constant the stream of daisies delivered to Ms. Ostroff on a daily basis between now and May 16th, the day before the CW's Upfront (Fall Schedule Announcement) is revealed, the better.  Again, the last day for same day deliveries is May 16th, but other than that, every day is deadline day for the campaign.

Cool  There is no 8 yet.  That’s the whole point.

9) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  I'll keep a running total and post updates periodically.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

UPDATE:  I’m kinda sick right now, so if somebody could do a tally of individuals that have said that they’ve already sent daisies, that would be super.  Try to start counting from around page 270 or so.

10)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.  Some of the obvious boards are FanForum, the cwtv.com lounge, TwoP, E!, etc.  If you recruit at any other forum, please post here with which one you posted at so that we get an idea of how it's spreading and so that we don't duplicate the news too often (no more than once per day).  We don't want to annoy people, especially since there are people who post to multiple MBs.  But still, let us know which MBs it gets posted to and provide a link to this here Great 8 Mandate thread or even copy this entire post to that forum.

Okay?  Okay!

Let's spread the word!  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" continues!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because it's not over.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:01:06 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
laaauren
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: May 07, 2007, 08:05:09 am »

wow, what a cute idea. but i am from vienna, that´s in austria, faar away, so how could i do that?

Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: May 07, 2007, 08:06:16 am »

I totally agree with those who say "let's stay in until it's not over". We have to stay in; just take a look at a few page back: there are a lot of messages stating that is right to try everything possible, no matter what's happening or what happened. It's more than correct to try everything because we don't want to arrive to say "but if we maybe..." (i don't remember who said that). So why shoud we give it all up right now? There's plenty of time before may 17th.
And remember that probably those interviews to Lauren have been taken just few hours (ok, maybe a couple of days) after the "final" decision: she was going on vacation. I mean, she was just done with the shots. Maybe a bit of time (far away from the set and the collegues) can make them change their opinion.

And after all, I repeat (and I saw I'm not the one to think about this solution; right go_clo?  Wink ): if we arrive at may 17th with no GG in the schedule, we'll have an ENTIRE year to try to convince CW (with proposals and so on) to take the show back, or at least to try to figure something out to take the actors back at the table.

Meantime, enjoy these last two episodes. =)
laaauren
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: May 07, 2007, 08:10:13 am »

I totally agree with those who say "let's stay in until it's not over". We have to stay in; just take a look at a few page back: there are a lot of messages stating that is right to try everything possible, no matter what's happening or what happened. It's more than correct to try everything because we don't want to arrive to say "but if we maybe..." (i don't remember who said that). So why shoud we give it all up right now? There's plenty of time before may 17th.
And remember that probably those interviews to Lauren have been taken just few hours (ok, maybe a couple of days) after the "final" decision: she was going on vacation. I mean, she was just done with the shots. Maybe a bit of time (far away from the set and the collegues) can make them change their opinion.

And after all, I repeat (and I saw I'm not the one to think about this solution; right go_clo?  Wink ): if we arrive at may 17th with no GG in the schedule, we'll have an ENTIRE year to try to convince CW (with proposals and so on) to take the show back, or at least to try to figure something out to take the actors back at the table.

Meantime, enjoy these last two episodes. =)

has this ever happen?
i mean that a show was canceld and then- one year later they came back Huh
I am sorry but I can´t imagine that because they will removie the whole set Sad

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: May 07, 2007, 08:12:02 am »

Rob, I commend you for all that you're doing and Heidi too! I've always been one to try to keep the positive vibes going and see all the little possibilities even if there really aren't many. And, I agree, there is still a slight possiblity of having the show return...however, and I never thought I'd never say this, I'm actually feeling content knowing there will not be another season after reading Lauren's interview last night.

After having time to think about it, I have come to terms with the fact that maybe it's better left this way. I would love nothing more than to see them again next season! Why wouldn't I, it's my favorite show, ever! But, I think that if it really would suffer due to the lack of interest on the actor's behalf and the writing, then I would just as well have this be the end. I wouldn't want to see something 'falling apart' just to have it. And that seems like what might happen if a season 8 were to be renewed. That was a very hard thing to say, but it's really honestly, how I feel about now.

I am sending flowers to Lauren and Alexis and am writing to Ms. Dawn again to thank them for the seven years they have given us and to wish them all the best in the future! Should Lauren or Alexis ever change their mind, I'm sure they know that they would have a huge fanbase that would welcome them back with open arms! As for now, I respect their decision and only wish them all the best in the future!

That's it for now...let's be grateful for the memories and the amazing masterpiece we have been given! Keep the hope that perhaps a new season will one day return, but be realistic. It's true, never give up on what you believe it...and I would never take that away from anyone. Just do what you feel is right and enjoy what we have left!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: May 07, 2007, 08:48:09 am »

Sooks, I’ve sort of resolved myself to those feelings as well, I couldn’t have put it better.  I’m going into this knowing that it’s canceled and isn’t coming back and that might be a good thing for the quality of the show when everything is said and done.

That said I’m still happy to participate in anything that might bring it back, even with such a small chance of that happening.  I mailed out my third round of post-cancellation letters this morning and I just sent money for daisies via pay pal. 

I know I will fully enjoy the last two episodes for what they are.  I hope everyone else does the same Smiley
laaauren
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: May 07, 2007, 08:54:36 am »

don´t understand me wrong, i´ll do everything to save the show, i just mean after a year it is unlogical that they will come back because they will remove the soundstages and everything because they have to make place for new productions.
but be posivite! just be it now after a year it will be too late, we have to do everything but now!
i have to say that i don´t believe that it will come back, i think lauren graham and alexis bledel said how happy they are that they´ve get time to breath now, but anyhow, she should do everything, if it will not work, however we tried!!!

Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: May 07, 2007, 09:13:30 am »

has this ever happen?
I don't know. Maybe, that's my hope.

I don't think so. I mean, it could even be the case, but the entire town is the set. Take a look on google maps, in Burbank, at WB studios: it's big. I don't know if they remove it...
laaauren
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: May 07, 2007, 09:19:00 am »

has this ever happen?
I don't know. Maybe, that's my hope.

I don't think so. I mean, it could even be the case, but the entire town is the set. Take a look on google maps, in Burbank, at WB studios: it's big. I don't know if they remove it...

I know, I was there, first they will remove it, they already told me, I asked Wink
But the soundstages will be removed very quickly, they said, to get place for new productions

Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: May 07, 2007, 09:24:25 am »

Nooooooooooooooo. So sad!
Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: May 07, 2007, 09:32:38 am »

Just to say what I made from this interview. First of all, I'm very happy to finally hear her talking about the show, although a little more fondness (as in giving her favourite episode f.i. or quoting some favourite line) would have been nice. Second of all, it confirms my suspicions that Lauren (and Alexis) are at the core of this whole mess. Lauren, because she's obviously tired (understandably) and has had doubts about her willingness to return for a couple of months now. Had she been clear from the beginning, instead of beating about the bush, David Rosenthal (who's a good writer and very accomodating by her own words) could have used this final season to have everything come full circle in a satisfying way, and at a point in time that makes the most sense (Rory's graduation). This 'satisfying way' is the problem, besides the schedule, that seems to have bothered her the most. What's satisfying to and asked for by 90 % of her fans (some quality time between Luke and Lorelai) is obviously very unappealing to her (wether because of Scott or not). She can't see the show going anywhere once those two get together again, and the major drama stops. I myself see a lot of things that would still need to be resolved after a wedding and could make for some really good storylines (Lorelai dealing with April, Luke dealing with a pregnant Lorelai and a birth, Rory and April bonding, Luke dealing with Lorelai's parents, Luke and Lorelai making their different tastes and backgrounds work). I personnally need(ed) a good dose of uncomplicated comedy (and more Stars Hollow), to see Lorelai finally mature and 'standing still', to convince me I haven't been rooting for this character for so many years (episodes) just to find she's just a superficial bed-hopper. Seeing Rory on the Barack Obama trail would have been a great idea too, although I can't quite see how they would fit Paris in there. Anyhow, just to say I'm convinced an 8th season is never gonna happen, BUT NOT THAT CAMPAIGNING DOESN'T HAVE TO CONTINUE, because a) if it doesn't make it happen, it's still a very nice gesture of appreciation towards the actresses and a thumbs up to yourself, that you (probably) care more about this show and the characters than they do!, and b) who knows they might start to consider doing some sort of special (like a TV-movie, or some collage of extra scenes, bloopers etc.), or hell, maybe coming back after a hiatus like some of you suggested. I'd rather go down in complete denial but feeling good about myself, than give up and maybe regret it afterwards. Doesn't have to be much, A DOLLAR, MAYBE TWO, THREE OR FIVE, find a friend who can use Paypal if you can't do it yourself, make those bouquets and pots of daisies happen, even if they might only serve to decorate GG's grave! Keep the spirit Heidi, only 10 more days to go!    
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: