The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:21:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730451 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: May 06, 2007, 04:51:57 pm »

Hey guys and gals

Well how inconsiderate of the studio to make such announcements when I already had a huge weekend planned and couldn't be here to wallow, I mean fight for our Girls. I hope my absence hasn't been seen as a lack of caring or giving up. As Heidi has stated, I too believe our chances from this point on are the slimest of slim, but that does not mean I'm ready to give up until the deadline has passed.

Great effort with the daisy campaign/s. Contributing to this will at least leave me with the feeling that I've done everything within my own belief to fight for my Girls, my Show, my Life. And at the end of the day, that's all I can do!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

LoveMeSomeGG Lauren called us crazy internet people last year during an interview for 'Good Day LA' with Alexis, it was all in good fun I think. Heres the interview:

go_clo, don't you think this (back then) was a reference to that other fan board?? ??

No I don't think so, I think the website got the name from the interview. After that interview, I remember the owner of that site advertising the site as brand new plus I think on the home page, she put where she got the title for the site. LG doesn't go on fansites so she wouldn't even know about that website.

Just thought I'd remind you guys that it was actually a line in the show. ASP actually first coined the Crazy Internet People phrase in relation to GG in an early season episode (forgive me for not coming prepared with the actual episode, I just wanted to make sure people knew it wasn't Lauren having a go at us maliciously) and then it was referred to in a couple of interviews in jest.

Hey All,

I got a reply from David Kronke in response to an email asking if there was anything he could do to help get word of the fans' support for season 8 out there, especially in light of the "cancellation." To be honest, I'm not feeling great about it:

Jocelyn,

I think you can pretty much stick a fork in it; it's over. If there had
been any chance of the show coming back -- and of The CW desperately
wanting it back -- negotiations would've gone down to the wire, to the
morning of May 17 when the network announces its fall 2007 schedule, if
need be.

Two things killed the show in my opinion:

1) Alexis Bledell was never going to come back to the series in any
meaningful way. She had pretty much checked out already this season.

2) The show had tumbled significantly from its ratings high of 2 or 3
seasons back, when 7 million people were tuning in. This year, it's
been around 3.5, 4 million viewers a week. There might've been a mild
uptick next season for those projected 13 final episodes, but probably
not significant enough for either The CW or Warner Bros. TV to pony up
what would've been no doubt significantly more money. The show will
make money in perpetuity, as it is -- 7 years is way more than enough
to play in syndication forever; paying more for a season eight actually
would've reduced the show's profits.

Anyway, Amy Sheradon-Palladino has a pilot at Fox; maybe it'll come
close to "GG" and get picked up.

I'm sorry to be such a buzz-kill for you, but honesty tends to be the
best policy. I hope you find a new show to rally behind.

Thanks for writing,
David Kronke

Sooo... That seems to suck.  Just one opinion, true, but unfortunately these sorts of opinions about GG's fate seem to be stacking up...

On another note, ShutUpRob - I went through the posts and as far as I have seen ChocolatGilmore, divine, CathyCoffee and luvsGG have all sent daisies of their own accord thus far.  Heidi also mentioned that she's heard of others who had sent some.  Aside from this, lots of Mandaters have sent money to the Great8Mandate daisy fund.

This is really not new to us.  These are the same issues that have been brought up previously and do not change where we currently stand.  Which is that we all know we are hoping for the 7th Heaven kind of Hail Mary pass.  Don't let it distract you, and keep fighting til the end.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:58:01 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: May 06, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »

I have also ordered daisy bouquets that will get to Lauren and Alexis tomorrow.

This is really bad news. I still think we keep trying though! If only to say that we did everything we possibly can.

Sooo... That seems to suck. Just one opinion, true, but unfortunately these sorts of opinions about GG's fate seem to be stacking up...

On another note, ShutUpRob - I went through the posts and as far as I have seen ChocolatGilmore, divine, CathyCoffee and luvsGG have all sent daisies of their own accord thus far. Heidi also mentioned that she's heard of others who had sent some. Aside from this, lots of Mandaters have sent money to the Great8Mandate daisy fund.
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: May 06, 2007, 04:55:49 pm »

We also might want to send something to Ellen Degeneras also.  I know the show has already been taped but Ellen and Lauren seems to get along well as Lauren has done at least 4 interviews there.  We maybe send her an email just letting her know what we are doing.

Just a thought!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: May 06, 2007, 04:57:24 pm »

well that news was a blow. i mean, it's nothing we don't know already, but after all this effort still happening, you would have thought it MIGHT have made a difference. i feel like we're being told that we're wasting our time now, no chance, none. and i hope we all keep trying - i guess we just need to mentally prepare ourselves for truth of the matter. eek. this killed my night. i was gonna watch the last episode of 7th heaven in 5 minutes. i feel like they don't deserve my ratings!

i thought we should boycott, and now i'm backing out of my idea (not like i'd have anything to watch..but if i did..) only because it wasn't only the CW. ITS THE ACTORS AND THE NETWORK. so how much hope do we really have? we sure have alot of convincing to do, and not much time, i guess now is the time to put the most effort in!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: May 06, 2007, 05:00:06 pm »

I'm going to repost my last post as I went back and edited it, but some people may miss the important message that I was trying to make!

Hey All,

I got a reply from David Kronke in response to an email asking if there was anything he could do to help get word of the fans' support for season 8 out there, especially in light of the "cancellation." To be honest, I'm not feeling great about it:

Jocelyn,

I think you can pretty much stick a fork in it; it's over. If there had
been any chance of the show coming back -- and of The CW desperately
wanting it back -- negotiations would've gone down to the wire, to the
morning of May 17 when the network announces its fall 2007 schedule, if
need be.

Two things killed the show in my opinion:

1) Alexis Bledell was never going to come back to the series in any
meaningful way. She had pretty much checked out already this season.

2) The show had tumbled significantly from its ratings high of 2 or 3
seasons back, when 7 million people were tuning in. This year, it's
been around 3.5, 4 million viewers a week. There might've been a mild
uptick next season for those projected 13 final episodes, but probably
not significant enough for either The CW or Warner Bros. TV to pony up
what would've been no doubt significantly more money. The show will
make money in perpetuity, as it is -- 7 years is way more than enough
to play in syndication forever; paying more for a season eight actually
would've reduced the show's profits.

Anyway, Amy Sheradon-Palladino has a pilot at Fox; maybe it'll come
close to "GG" and get picked up.

I'm sorry to be such a buzz-kill for you, but honesty tends to be the
best policy. I hope you find a new show to rally behind.

Thanks for writing,
David Kronke

Sooo... That seems to suck. Just one opinion, true, but unfortunately these sorts of opinions about GG's fate seem to be stacking up...

On another note, ShutUpRob - I went through the posts and as far as I have seen ChocolatGilmore, divine, CathyCoffee and luvsGG have all sent daisies of their own accord thus far. Heidi also mentioned that she's heard of others who had sent some. Aside from this, lots of Mandaters have sent money to the Great8Mandate daisy fund.

This is really not news to us. These are the same issues that have been brought up previously and do not change where we currently stand. Which is that we all know we are hoping for the 7th Heaven kind of Hail Mary pass. Don't let it distract you, and keep fighting til the end.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:01:47 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: May 06, 2007, 05:28:13 pm »

I hate to be a kill joy but I think that guy is right. I don't think it is coming back and you will be wasting your money spending it on any of them.  I read where Lauren said she thinks it is the right decision. I am surprised by that only because of the debacle over the last 2 seasons.  I would want closure for my character and my fans.  She said the dialouge is soo hard to learn and say but the truth is this last year they weren't really talking that fast.  I am not sure about the whole Alexis thing.  According to that guy's letter she had already checked out.  I don't know what to make of that?  I think we deserve a better ending even if they did a 2 hour movie to rap it all up.  I can imagine maybe they as a cast have had a really hard time with the writer switch and how much the show had changed but again as the loyal fans I would like to see some loyalty back.  They lost ratings but how long has 7th Heaven been sucking gas?  It is still on!  I don't know it was already  hard enough swallowing the last 2 seasons and now this.  It just seems like it is all going out on a bad taste in everyone's mouth.  Yes, we love Gilmore Girls and yes we are glad we had it for 7 seaons butt it doesn't mean we aren't also disappointed by the decision made by all of them. 
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: May 06, 2007, 05:32:17 pm »

Ok so that is kind of some bad news but as many of you said it is not new news to us we all know that we have a very slim chance at getting an 8th season but slim is better than no chance at all. I thought of something we can do just for fun, you know how some people make wishes at 11:11 well we could make a wish at 8:08 for a season 8! I thought it was kinda cool hope you guys like it Smiley Lets keep fighting because we all know we will be lost without are girls! I know I will be.
Jiyu-chan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4297 on: May 06, 2007, 05:33:01 pm »

I made some buttons:

What do you guys think?

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: May 06, 2007, 05:43:47 pm »

i like them!!

i'm dying to know what program everyone uses? i can't seem to find a good one.

i used ot have photoshop which did the designs like you have, but i was wondering if i didn't program had it too?

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Jiyu-chan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4299 on: May 06, 2007, 05:52:20 pm »

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. Which appears to be what everyone else uses. >_<;;;

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: May 06, 2007, 06:01:32 pm »

Those are gorgeous! I love them! Smiley People asking what program that you can use to make these....Photoshop of course, thats what I use but that costs money (unless you got it illegally which I'm sure thats how most people got it) or you can use GIMP which is free. You can download it at gimp.org.

Guys don't worry about what David Kronke wrote, he's a nice guy that does seem to care about us and the show but that doesn't mean what he says is true and even if it is (our chances of getting this are pretty slim) we can still fight to get it. Imagine how shocked everyone will be when we do get this. Wink It'll make us getting this all the more satisfying cause not only are we getting our show back, we are also shocking everyone just as much as they shocked us with the news on the cancellation of the show! Cheesy If we don't get this, at least we know we did everything we possibly could! Imagine there was something we could have done but we gave up too soon!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:02:51 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4301 on: May 06, 2007, 06:03:16 pm »

I hate the fact that it's going to end with so much in the air.  I mean, they can't possibly wrap up 7 seasons in two episodes with everything how it is now.  I'm not giving up hope, I can't.  There is too much at stake! 

Viva la Gilmore!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Jiyu-chan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4302 on: May 06, 2007, 06:10:54 pm »

I hate the fact that it's going to end with so much in the air.  I mean, they can't possibly wrap up 7 seasons in two episodes with everything how it is now.  I'm not giving up hope, I can't.  There is too much at stake! 

Viva la Gilmore!

Those are my thoughts exactly. It doesn't make any sense to finish up the series with just two episodes when there is so much happening. We won't get to see a marriage between Logan and Rory or if Luke and Lorelai ever get back together. We don't know if Lane will make her way either. I'm not going to give up, not until Gilmore Girls gets the proper ending it deserves.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: May 06, 2007, 06:14:23 pm »

Just a few thoughts for now.......

Jiyu-chan Those new banners are great!! They're bright and stand out! They're postiive and supportive! Way to go! (I use Photoshop CS2 for all my graphics.)

tully Feel as you wish, that's your right! I just encourage you to try to stay positive and keep an open mind. Sure, there may be a long stretch to get the girls back but it can't hurt to KEEP TRYING everything we can! I think the main concensous is that everyone is feeling ripped off and cheated on the ending with two more episodes left. However, that doesn't change the love for the show that I have - and I won't stop supporting it as I have always done! I won't let the fact that there are only two more episodes left at this point, destroy the show for me! Try to keep your head up and enjoy the last two shows as much as you can! And keep supporting the mandating process as we try to get the Gilmore Girls back! It sure can't hurt! If nothing else, Alexis and Lauren will at least be reminded that they have fans out there who love them and support them! And what harm is that?

Jocelyn Thanks for sharing your feedback that you received. At least he took the time to write back. Don't let this get you down! Keep your head up and keep mandating! As Caryn already stated, this really isn't new news to us! So, we should keep on moving ahead and not let this get us down! Writing more won't hurt and keep sending your paper daisies or books! Spread the word that we won't rest until the end! Look forward, not behind and keep your head up!

ameroo That's awesome that you've got flowers ordered for the girls! Keep up the great work! Smiley Stay strong! We'll get the girls back...don't stop now!!

I love the daisy wallpapers/ flyers that people are posting!
I have a few sigs that I'll leave here for people to use if they wish.

Feel free to save them to your photobucket account (or whatever you use) and use them as you wish! Smiley

I know people are feeling as though time is being cut short and I too feel this as well. Just remember that on Tuesday and for the next two Tuesdays, try to enjoy them as much as possible. I know that will hard and I'm hoping I can do the same! But, we can't let this ruin the finale time we'll see the girls...I won't let them win that way! (Not that it's a win-lose thing) I'm just saying...try to enjoy the next two episodes as much as possible! And keep your motivation for mandating going! WE can do this!

Heidi I'm off to look at Paypal right now! I love the idea and I'm all in!

Star Star Star GREAT8MANDATE! We don't go down without a fight!
Star Star Star

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4304 on: May 06, 2007, 06:18:11 pm »

Guys don't worry about what David Kronke wrote, he's a nice guy that does seem to care about us and the show but that doesn't mean what he says is true and even if it is (our chances of getting this are pretty slim) we can still fight to get it.

Despite Mr. Kronke's recent thoughts regarding season 8, we owe him a great deal of thanks.  He was one of the first entertainment reporters, if not the first, to jump on the Great8Mandate bandwagon and bring attention to our cause.  For that, he'll always hold a special place in my heart.

What do I think about his "you can pretty much stick a fork in it; it's over" season 8 comments?  He's right ... but, that's not news to us.  We all know that as of last Thursday the show was canceled, the show was not renewed, the show was put out to pasture ... however you want to say it.  But, so what?  People thought we were crazy for supporting season 8 back in February and I'm sure people think we're even crazier for supporting it now.     

I hope no one here is truly in denial.  We all realize the show is, by all accounts, not coming back.  Even so, I see continued support of the Great8Mandate and the Daisy Campaign as our way of knowing that we did everything possible to champion season 8.  Continued support of our cause will help us look back and not wonder, "What if ..."

The next couple of weeks will be pretty interesting seeing what Lauren and Alexis have to say in interviews and seeing how well the final two episodes do ratings wise.  I think our best hope at this point is continued fan support + strong ratings + all parties involved giving in a little + good luck = season 8.  Stranger things have happen.  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: