The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:54:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764060 times)
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4230 on: May 06, 2007, 10:03:24 am »

I can understand were the girls are coming from.  I remember the feeling I had when I decided to quit a job I had had for years.  Once I made up mind that I would be gone, I could not have stayed another day no matter what they paid me.  I had set my mind on new things!  
The girls deserve to go on with there dreams.  The only complaint I have is really from the CW.  They should have just said the 7th season is the last season .   They could have done the whole season properly with a real ending.  That is the only reason that I think no season 8 makes me feel so "sick"  Since season 1 we have watched the L/L chemistry.  Even Emily noticed  the connection between them.  She mentions it many time in Season 1.  In my option that was always the 2nd main story line after mother/daughter.  It appeared that they would end up together like the show friends charaters  Ross/Rachel.
I truely do not think I would feel so sad if I felt like it would have a proper ending.  The show , the actors and the fans deserve it!  Oh well I guess we will have to wait  and watch the last 2 episodes.  
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4231 on: May 06, 2007, 10:04:42 am »

after a great weekend and not being on here in at least 5 days because of a wedding i was in, i thought i'd get some good news or something! so im bummed i wont lie.

im very shocked at this decision, i wont lie.. IMO they wasted this season and waited too long for a romance that everyone wanted and now its just gonna be a rushed ending? that could be the worst decision for this show..i mean if Lauren and Alexis both love the show, they should do whats best for it and end it the right way with 13 episodes and then say goodbye. i mean i know the schedule is rough, but they should have thought about it. and im super shocked at that interview with lauren.  im sorry i usually dont voice my opinion when i think something is dumb but i felt i needed to vent and its just ridiculous! ugh! alright im done, im going to go pout in my little corner.

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: May 06, 2007, 10:08:57 am »

It seems the schedule was a big part of the problem, too.
-------
'GILMORE GIRLS' TO WRAP AFTER SEVEN YEARS
Associated Press

CW's Gilmore Girls, the saga of an independent mother and daughter that helped strengthen the young WB network, will end its run after seven seasons with it final episode airing May 15.
By Lynn Elber
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Gilmore Girls," the saga of an independent mother and daughter that helped strengthen the young WB network, will end its run after seven seasons.

The show, which last year moved to the CW network created by the merger of WB and UPN, will air its final episode May 15 at 8 p.m. EDT, CW and producer Warner Bros. Television announced Thursday.

"Gilmore Girls," starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel and created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, "helped define a network and created a fantastic storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters," CW and the studio said in a joint statement.

They thanked fans for their "passionate support" promised to give the show "the send-off it deserves."

Ratings had dipped this season for the series, which lost Sherman-Palladino as its guiding hand because of a contract dispute.

The drama with comic overtones followed the lives of single mom Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her equally bright and beautiful daughter as they grew up together, struggled through romances and tried to find their place in the world.

Rapid-fire patter, the series' hallmark, delighted fans but took a toll on its cast.

"Getting the language perfect requires a number of takes that you might not have on another show," Graham told The Associated Press in January.

"It's just a lot of work—13, 14 hours door to door. I've missed weddings, I've missed babies being born. I'm not complaining, because of what it has brought me, but I would be ready for a different balance."

Sherman-Palladino and her husband and fellow executive producer, Daniel Palladino, left after failing to come to terms with the studio on a new deal, and the series struggled creatively and in the ratings this season.

The April 24 episode drew fewer than 4 million viewers, down about 25 percent compared to the same time last year.

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: May 06, 2007, 10:23:27 am »

When did LG refer to the fans as "crazy internet people"?  And what was it in reference to? 
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: May 06, 2007, 10:30:06 am »

Sorry guys, i've been busy the past few days and haven't been able to check all the posts =/ finals this week!

anywho, i'm just wondering if we've been keeping track of the AMOUNT of flowers sent, i hear alot of people stating they're sending them, but i'm curious if we've even reached a thousand yet.

is anyone keeping track? like, is everyone sending their amount of flowers in to a specific person so we know how many they are recieving?

just curious, even though i can't afford it at this time (damn college life!) i'm hoping those of you who can make it reach 1000! it would be so great of you guys!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: May 06, 2007, 10:30:29 am »

- This interview seems to be an old one, that "I've missed weddings and babies born"-stuff was already in the papers monts ago!!!!

- Crazy internet people is the name of another fan site: http://crazy-internet-people.com/site/gilmoregirls/index.html

the 4th Lorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

All of my heart ..forever.

View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: May 06, 2007, 10:35:22 am »

Hi, I'm Italian, I've just discovered this forum thanks to the great8mandate.
Even in Italy we are very very caught by this operation.
I didn't watch season 7 yet, but when I've heard GG is been canceled I decided to help the great8mandate as I can do.
I can't partecipate phisically to the Daisy Duke operation, cause I'm too far and I have no PayPal or similar things. But I wanna do all my possibily let me do.
So, I sent emails to Ostroff, and other people of the cast, with a lot of daisies.
I made some icons and banners too, they're nothing special but they show how much we/I care about GG.. a friend of mine told me to post them here to show you and, above all, to show CW that even Italy supports, wants and needs season 8.

Sorry for my English, I hope you've been capable to understand all I wrote even if I made some mistakes.

Here you are my graphic contribution.

and also

I know they're many, but if I stop making icons/banners and I catch one's breathe.. I'll go into hysterics.

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: May 06, 2007, 10:41:33 am »

I wouldn't care if Lorelai and Luke were together the whole season and Chris was in no more then the season premiere, no matter what happened this season, no matter how many of the things I wanted to come true actually came true, I would still be sitting here before you fighting for more! I will take GG in any shape or form as long as both Lauren and Alexis are involved. I was torn when I heard the news that Alexis may be taken off because I watch for her and Lauren, I love the Lorelai and Rory relationship, its why I started watching! Last year was absolute hell, even after they made up, they never talked and I think that sucks! But even after their relationship took a beating, my fave tv relationship, I still wanted more! No matter what, I will fight for more because this is my show, this is our show and I would watch it forever if I could!

Thanks, go_clo!  As I read that post, though, it occured to me that all of these people we've been mandating to have also been completely flooded with letters just like that one ALL season long!  While in the past few months we have been mandating our hearts out and doing an incredible job of it, they have also gotten a lot of terrible feedback.  Multiple articles saying cancel it already, that it's jumped the shark, people saying they'll never watch it again because it's ruined, and the like.  The season began with the first episode just being ripped to absolute shreds, although I completely don't agree with that because I thought it was well done.  What I'm saying is, in addition to all of our mandating, they have had this feedback to contend with as well.  Now is the time to make our outraged voices that it is cancelled louder than those who have turned against it.  We DO want this show back!

Yea I realized that after reading your other post. 4+ million people giving them all this awesome feedback and for all we know, we could have 4+ million (doubt it) other people cancelling out all the awesome feedback we give them! I don't know why people would waste their time like that, just to get a show cancelled and make fans of the show miserable but it probably did happen alot during this S8 fight! It bothers me to think of this! I wouldn't care what they think if they kept it to themselves, they are the ones missing out but to take the time to write a letter saying they want the show cancelled is a waste of time. If you don't like a show, its easy to get rid of it...stop watching! It is not easy to keep a show on air because nothing is in your control when you are a fan, you can't bring a show back without ALOT of work, its easy to make a show go away when you don't like it, just push the off button on your tv. It won't hurt them to know the show is still on air! It will hurt us to know its not! I totally agree with you, we have to cancel out all the angry voices telling the CW to cancel GG! We have to tell the actresses and writers that we love them and their work no matter what happens and we have to keep fighting!

the 4th Lorelai OMG those are AMAZING!! I love them so much! The wallet reference was a good one, I forgot it was 8 years that he kept the horriscope in his wallet! Smiley Awesome job! I love them all so much!! Mind if I ask which font you used for the 2nd one "please CW please please please" one? Smiley

LoveMeSomeGG Lauren called us crazy internet people last year during an interview for 'Good Day LA' with Alexis, it was all in good fun I think. Heres the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-H1fcK0uA

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: May 06, 2007, 10:45:59 am »

i'd really like to send money for the daisies but i'm always really careful
with putting my full name and adress on the internet.

there's nothing that can go wrong,right?
there'll not be any misuse??

...angel without wings
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: May 06, 2007, 10:46:44 am »

LoveMeSomeGG Lauren called us crazy internet people last year during an interview for 'Good Day LA' with Alexis, it was all in good fun I think. Heres the interview:

go_clo, don't you think this (back then) was a reference to that other fan board?? ??

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: May 06, 2007, 10:48:00 am »

I think mostly the reason for cancelling it was the decisions of LG and AB because of the long shifts...like Lauren said, it was like 12 hour shifts. Now if they had shorter shifts I think that they may reconsider.

I agree that the series finale was announced to sudden. They should have known it was the series finale way before theer was only 2 episodes left. It was so sudden, and they JUST thought abou tit....I think that they should have told us near the beginning or almost middle of the season.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: May 06, 2007, 10:55:37 am »

go_clo, don't you think this (back then) was a reference to that other fan board?? ??

No I don't think so, I think the website got the name from the interview. After that interview, I remember the owner of that site advertising the site as brand new plus I think on the home page, she put where she got the title for the site. LG doesn't go on fansites so she wouldn't even know about that website.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
the 4th Lorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

All of my heart ..forever.

View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: May 06, 2007, 10:59:51 am »

Mind if I ask which font you used for the 2nd one "please CW please please please" one?

I guess that's CAC Pinafore  Wink

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: May 06, 2007, 11:03:40 am »

when i wanted to create a new account at paypal.com
it said I have to be 18...
and i'm turning 18 on may 17th (and that's too late!)

i'm sure my parents are not going to do that for me Sad

...angel without wings
Copperboom88
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

Rory+Jess=Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: May 06, 2007, 11:38:52 am »

Yeah i wanna help out with the daisy thing but i don't have PayPal and im too young to get it!  Shocked What is a girl to do? Huh

Copperboom baby!! Smiley

pics by tabbycat!
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: