The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:24:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732463 times)
Imawl4GG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: May 06, 2007, 06:07:18 am »

I HATE the patronizing voices that say fans don't know what they want and need constant drama or else they'll instantly die of boredom. I HATE the condescending voices that stick the label "Crazy Internet People" where it should read "Caring, Enthusiastic and Dedicated Fans" (So much for what Lauren will think of our daisies). I HATE that she can't seem to put more than two sentences together to talk about the sudden death of this (her) show. I HATE that we were all set up for a true and great romance, and that the cynical voices think the wedding-and-happy-ever-after-ending too cheesy (Hey Lorelai, you need a lot of cheese to make a great pizza!). I HATE that after a seven year journey on this ship, through sunny weather and plenty of rough, we were chucked overboard onto a raft called "The Satisfying New Understanding", just 13 little miles off our final destination, and without proper warning. I HATE when loyal starts sounding like loser. I HATE the world is run by men in suits instead of men in plaid. And I HATE to have to use the word hate where before, GG just made me happy!  

u should send that in an email to someone cuz it is true for all GG fans right about now!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4216 on: May 06, 2007, 07:21:49 am »

Aw, Mak, that is a very genuine statement, although emotional  Wink

And the Stephen Colbert thing sounds great, just as plausible as Ellen- whom, btw, I'm disappointed in, considering her lack of response from GG fans' emails even though her and Lauren are close friends, errrgh.

Don't forget about Heidi's Group Daisy Campaign- even if can only chip in $5, it will help!!

That little blurb from Lauren's interview at first felt like a punch in the gut; how can she seem so happy about being done?? But someone else pinpointed the whole problem- the shedule. After seven years, it probably has gotten to all of them to do a one hour, 70 page script (what did they say that was, like 20 more than most 1 hr shows?) Lauren saying that the work schedule got to the both of them, I remember now a recent quote where she said that she's missed weddings and births, etc... it seems clear that the fault lies within the studio/network like Rob, Heidi, and other people theorized before--- I don't understand why they just can't find a way to make it take less time to shoot!!?? The powers that be need to work it all out and reapproach LG and AB with a new contract that respects their time.  I still wish we could know how it all went down though...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:27:35 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4217 on: May 06, 2007, 07:38:11 am »

Why don't we send the idea of 13 episodes in like a 22 episode time, this is an appropiate schedule for the girls.We can send emails about it,don't know if it'll work...just another idea.

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: May 06, 2007, 07:38:37 am »

Yea I always felt bad for the 2 girls having to do all that work and I totally understand them not wanting to continue because of the work, it would just be nice for her to show a little bit of sympathy to the people who just lost their fave show. Plus I know shes also sad it could very well be over, I think she should express that a bit.

However I do blame the network for the sudden cancellation! I will never and have never blamed Alexis and/or Lauren! They were simply victims in the whole mess just like us only with a bit more pull with the network then us. From the rumours I've been hearing, they agreed to the 13 episodes, it was all but signed but the network pulled the contract cause they were "confident in their new fall lineup" Roll Eyes They got cocky and now think they are too good for the girls and our show! Let me tell you, they will regret their decision cause it is going to come and bite them in the butt! The network could have easily handed them the contract for 13 episodes, had it signed and be done with this matter. If the actresses were reluctant to continue because of the schedule, they could have easily solved it. Like I said above, if they had just done 13 episodes but dragged the airing of those episodes out to take as long as 22 episodes would take to air (from september to may,) it would have been an easier schedule for everyone, we would have to have longer hiatus' but who cares! We would get our season 8 and everyone would be happy!

Why don't we send the idea of 13 episodes in like a 22 episode time, this is an appropiate schedule for the girls.We can send emails about it,don't know if it'll work...just another idea.

Yea I was thinking of doing that after I wrote that above. Smiley I still have yet to write my letter to Dawn.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:40:27 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
luce
Town Resident

Community Points: 42

You say tomato, I say pimp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4219 on: May 06, 2007, 07:45:19 am »

^^ Love your signature!!!

I wrote my letter to Dawn this afternoon, and I'll send it tomorrow!
I also donated to GG.org for money to go towards those daisies!  We can do this, we will get our 8th Season!!!!

cafepress.com/ishallbelieve - unique gifts for the tv minded
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:19 am »

Interview from Lauren!

May 14, 2007 issue - Last week the CW network canceled its motormouth dramedy "The Gilmore Girls." Lauren Graham, who has played Lorelai for all seven years, spoke to Nicki Gostin.

Are you very upset?
Noooo!

What do you mean, no?
I think it's the best decision for the show. One of the things Alexis [Bledel, her costar] and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can't be.

Who wanted to break up more? You or Alexis?
I think we both had our moments. It's a hard show to do.

You can read the rest of the interview H E R E

If they really don't want to do the show anymore... is it right for us to make them do it by rasing the rating??? Don't get me wrong i really really really want an 8th season but i would feel bad if we kind of make them do it... when they don't want to

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:54 am »

I HATE the patronizing voices that say fans don't know what they want and need constant drama or else they'll instantly die of boredom. I HATE the condescending voices that stick the label "Crazy Internet People" where it should read "Caring, Enthusiastic and Dedicated Fans" (So much for what Lauren will think of our daisies). I HATE that she can't seem to put more than two sentences together to talk about the sudden death of this (her) show. I HATE that we were all set up for a true and great romance, and that the cynical voices think the wedding-and-happy-ever-after-ending too cheesy (Hey Lorelai, you need a lot of cheese to make a great pizza!). I HATE that after a seven year journey on this ship, through sunny weather and plenty of rough, we were chucked overboard onto a raft called "The Satisfying New Understanding", just 13 little miles off our final destination, and without proper warning. I HATE when loyal starts sounding like loser. I HATE the world is run by men in suits instead of men in plaid. And I HATE to have to use the word hate where before, GG just made me happy!  

u should send that in an email to someone cuz it is true for all GG fans right about now!

Well, it is definitely not true for all of us.  I think it is important at this critical time to not turn on this show that has been an important addition to many of our lives.  And not to turn on the actors who have worked for many years on it.  I would give anything for a season 8, but not at the sacrifice as to how I feel about the show as a whole.  I will not watch these final two episodes bitter and angry and I think those who do will regret it later.  I will hold on to every last word.  It is a natural instinct when something bad happens to place blame, but resist that urge because it is often misdirected.  If I was being really honest, I feel the executive producer and actors of GG have taken a brutal and, in my opinion, completely unfair beating by fans and critics alike this past year.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  What's sad is that while a lot of people were complaining (and I might add writing negative letters the entire season to Dawn Ostroff, David Rosenthal, and anyone else who would listen) as season 7 was being made, it is turning out to be what I believe to be much better than season 6 was.  Almost no credit has been given to David Rosenthal for that.  My point is, now is not the time for negativity -- there has been enough of that to last us a lifetime this season -- now is the time to let those people know that we care.  We truly care.  We want their show back and we want more.  Let's stay focused and not forget the whole reason why this cancellation is hurting us in the first place -- we love this show.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:36:23 am by wmushell » Logged

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: May 06, 2007, 08:35:47 am »

Well, it is definitely not true for all of us.  I think it is important at this critical time to not turn on this show that has been an important addition to many of our lives.  And not to turn on the actors who have worked for many years on it.  I would give anything for a season 8, but not at the sacrifice as to how I feel about the show as a whole.  I will not watch these final two episodes bitter and angry and I think those who do will regret it later.  I will hold on to every last word.  It is a natural instinct when something bad happens to place blame, but resist that urge because it is often misdirected.  If I was being really honest, I feel the executive producer and actors of GG have taken a brutal and, in my opinion, completely unfair beating by fans and critics alike this past year.  I hate to say it, but it's true.  What's sad is that while a lot of people were complaining (and I might add writing negative letters the entire season to Dawn Ostroff, David Rosenthal, and anyone else who would listen) as season 7 was being made, it is turning out to what I believe is much better than season 6 was.  My point is, now is not the time for negativity -- there has been enough of that to last us a lifetime this season -- now is the time to let those people know that we care.  We truly care.  We want their show back and we want more.  Let's stay focused and not forget the whole reason why this cancellation is hurting us in the first place -- we love this show.

Completely agree Smiley I admit that the post Mak posted made me smile and I do agree with some of it but I don't agree with all of it. I loved this season even though Luke and Lorelai aren't together and I think its stupid to say the show has gone down hill because they aren't together! I love LL but its not about them, its about the mother and daughter/bestfriend relationship Lorelai and Rory have and they have had some amazing scenes this season, some of the best in the entire show and I think DR so much for that. I wish they had more scenes though, I am disappointed at the lack of scenes they have had for the past 2 years cause the show has been way too focused on Luke/Lorelai/Chris and Rory/Logan!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:41:04 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: May 06, 2007, 08:50:36 am »

Thanks, go_clo!  As I read that post, though, it occured to me that all of these people we've been mandating to have also been completely flooded with letters just like that one ALL season long!  While in the past few months we have been mandating our hearts out and doing an incredible job of it, they have also gotten a lot of terrible feedback.  Multiple articles saying cancel it already, that it's jumped the shark, people saying they'll never watch it again because it's ruined, and the like.  The season began with the first episode just being ripped to absolute shreds, although I completely don't agree with that because I thought it was well done.  What I'm saying is, in addition to all of our mandating, they have had this feedback to contend with as well.  Now is the time to make our outraged voices that it is cancelled louder than those who have turned against it.  We DO want this show back!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 08:51:44 am by wmushell » Logged

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:47 am »

Perhaps we should email Stephen Colbert.  He has the whole Colbert Nation at hand, and he has mentioned GG a few times on his show, even once calling the best show on TV after his.  If he can mobilize the Colbert Nation behind us, we could have sky high Nielsen Ratings, but that would be long shot, but what part of this campaign isn't?

Stephen Colbert? I don't think I've heard of him. I like him already if what you said was true though Smiley it would be a good idea to email him about this issue!

hey! i live in the same town as him! He goes to my friend's church lol Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: May 06, 2007, 09:04:21 am »

With reference to Alexis,  surely it would be possible to get her in as a guest star, to drop in a few times during the last Series 8 (lets hope)

Dont know about you all,  but I'm much more interested in the Luke/Lorelai thing and a proper ending, than worrying if Rory is in every episode or not.

Whats your thoughts   

I agree!  I could've accepted an 8th Season without Rory in every episode. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: May 06, 2007, 09:07:29 am »

I, personally, don't think that we would need another season if we didn't have so much Lorelai/Chris in the first like 3/4 of the season. Now, I think we do, since Lorelai and Luke are getting back together. They spent so much time on Chris/Lorelai; why can't they spend that time on the L/L relationship?!.

I definately agree with this!!!
Interview from Lauren!

May 14, 2007 issue - Last week the CW network canceled its motormouth dramedy "The Gilmore Girls." Lauren Graham, who has played Lorelai for all seven years, spoke to Nicki Gostin.

Are you very upset?
Noooo!

What do you mean, no?
I think it's the best decision for the show. One of the things Alexis [Bledel, her costar] and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can't be.

Who wanted to break up more? You or Alexis?
[/url]

Ok, I know what she means by the different schedule...they work like 10 hour days or whatever all 7 days of the week...BUT I do think that she could have had more enthusiasm in a hope for season 8. I mean...does she know what her fans are doing to try to save this show? I sitll love LG AND Ab, and i cant wait to see what the world brings them in the future....But I wish that they would support GG a little more.[/color]

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: May 06, 2007, 09:40:30 am »

I, personally, don't think that we would need another season if we didn't have so much Lorelai/Chris in the first like 3/4 of the season.

Soooooo true. 

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
laaauren
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: May 06, 2007, 09:46:10 am »

Any new news because of all the mails and petitions?
I am from Vienna, so I havenīt seen the 7th season, it is hard for me to read everything because Iīm afraid of beeing spoiled.

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4229 on: May 06, 2007, 09:57:26 am »

I'm so over the ASP vs. DR thing- I enjoyed season 7 and I will watch these next (I will not say 'last' yet) 2 episodes with baited breath. I just love this show. I want more. Gilmore. The 13 shows over a full season thing sounds great- is this too simple for the professionals to come up with??

And where is ShutUpRob today? We need his daily input to keep us grounded around here.  Roll Eyes

(I just noticed I lost a community point from the last time I checked in...aw, was it something I said? Now I am sad.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:59:44 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: