The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:05:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734478 times)
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4200 on: May 05, 2007, 09:38:30 pm »

Ok so I was just listening to the tvseriesfinale.com podcast....and they mentioned that Veronica Mars has "some of the greatest fans" and that they do really good camaigning....DO THEY NOT KNOW WHO WE ARE? Seriously...all they mention about GG is that they're being cancelled and it's good because it's a "better chance for VM to have another season". We have gotten our word out there....but not as many people are responding to it as I hoped. They'd rather talk about VM getting another season... Our campaign should get recognized somewhere....and spoken about....if you ask me... I just hate that they think VM is such a big deal, when they know how much more people care about GG...

I am going to check out this site right now but wanted to say one thing before that ... if someone says that cancelling one show 'is good' and than there's so much hope for the other show - I am not surprised that they don't mention GG fans then cause they seem not to be interested in them. Also is a report like that not very objective and it that case we shouldn't mind that they didn't mention us .. but I am going to check this out now and modify my post if necessary Wink
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:50:15 pm by divine » Logged

starrgazer03
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:25 pm »

Thanks for the correction Smiley  .. So here's the link to the corrected one (didn't want to flood the forum with my pictures *lol*) http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u44/divine1985/flyer_2Kopie.jpg

Now to another thing ... I just read many comments about the cancellation on different sites and there are sooo many people saying that it was Alexis' fault cause she didn't wanna come back for another season and everything. Is that true? Or are these just rumors?
I know people asked before and the answer was that we don't know 100% but it seems pretty much the CW's one, but I was just curious if there has been a turn in event or something ?

I have been browsing other sites all day today and there really are a lot of people saying horrible things about Alexis. I do think she had a major part in the decision... I mean Lauren would have been in on it if Alexis was... but I hate that they are blaming her. I love the show just as much as everyone of you guys but think about it.... Alexis went to this audition basically on a whim... she wasn't expecting to be on it for 7 years. I would love to see the show on for another season and am devastated but I totally see her point of view (if this is at all what happened). I read in a couple of interviews that she writes and would like to produce so all I am saying is that I wish her luck. You know??? I hope people see it the same way and don't start hating her...  Smiley
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: May 05, 2007, 09:51:05 pm »

I agree, everybody shouldn't hate Alexis, but seeing as the show has given her the opportunity and the platform to launch her career in other directions,
surely she could give it proper respect, and just do another 13 shows,  even as a guest star.

Shouldn't be too hard and at the very least her fans would still love her and support her future projects.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: May 05, 2007, 11:19:21 pm »

I'm really thinking it's more to do with the CW and not renewing - not so much Alexis...and if Alexis really didn't want to renew, it probably has to do with something legal. I don't know about that for a fact but I'm wondering if it's not more than just her not wanting to renew. I'm thinking that there was financial legal stuff going on - but that is not certain. Just a guess, after reading what I've found and talking to other GG fans. Just my thoughts.

After much thought about the Alexis/ Lauren not signing for another season ---- I have a really hard time believing that any actor or actress wouldn't sign to a successful show that has gained them a lot of fans and publicity. I can see wanting to do something new and different, but I would think that one more season wouldn't be too much to ask out of either of them. I doubt they would turn down another season, especially a shortened one, even if they did want to try something new...there had to be something else going on.

Either way, let's just support them and spread the word to stay positive about both Alexis and Lauren! I'm going to the other forums and joining to just put the word out - don't hate...mandate! I think that people just sometimes feel they need to blame someone, and too often go with the rumors and don't just think rationally about it. No one will maybe know what went on between the actresses and the network and all the legal this and that...but honestly, it's not our business! All we can do is show our support and keep on mandating! And don't give up!

Whatever the reason, we're still here for Gilmore Girls and that is what we should focus on! Keep your head up! Smiley
Celebrate Star Keep mandating! Star Celebrate

~M[/color]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:21:22 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
ILUVROGAN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: May 05, 2007, 11:30:46 pm »

Hi, I'm another Australian Gilmore fan and I can't believe this great series is coming to
    an end.

They could at least give us the shortened series 8 to finish with.
    This morning I sent an e-mail to Dawn Ostroff, which is something I wouldn't
    normally even consider doing but the Gilmore Girls is the only television series
    I never miss. We only get it on Paytv over here.

We can't give up yet. The Gilmore Girls is special.
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: May 06, 2007, 12:18:52 am »

Huh

Do we know if all the others had signed on eg: Melissa, Scott, etc.   It would be interesting to hear their thoughts, and even interesting to hear what Lauren and Alexis have thought about all the support for the show.

Good to see yet another Aussie in there.  Keep trying guys.... It ain't over til it's over.

I just wish we knew if the cast knows about us and all the fan support, maybe that might change their minds.  But who knows if our stuff gets through the managers and minders.  I hope it does.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4206 on: May 06, 2007, 01:14:32 am »

What is the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign?

As we've all heard, Warner Bros. and The CW recently announced the cancellation of our Girls.  In order to show 'the powers that be' that Gilmore fans are truly dedicated and still stand behind season 8, the Great8Mandate Daisy Campaign was born.  Taking a cue from our favorite show, the Daisy Campaign will physically deliver bouquets of daisies to important parties involved in the season 8 decision making process in hopes of changing the season 8 tides. 

The exact executives/actors who will receive the daisies depends entirely on how much money the campaign raises.  It would be safe to assume that our first targets are people like Dawn Ostroff (President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network), Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Peter Roth (President, Warner Brothers Television) and so on.

How can I participate and send daisies?

There are two ways to participate in the Daisy Campaign.  Supporters can either send bouquets of daisies on their own, or they can send money to GilmoreGirls.org via PayPal so that resources can be pooled together. 

What happens once I send money to GilmoreGirls.org?

Every dollar that is sent to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign will be used for purchasing flowers.  GilmoreGirls.org will work closely with local florists to ensure that money is spent properly and on something Gilmore fans will be proud of.  If possible, photos will be taken of the daisy bouquets.  At the very least GilmoreGirls.org will provide receipts for all flower purchases so that participants can see exactly how money was sent. 

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected] 

What is PayPal?

PayPal.com is a company/service that allows individuals to send and receive money online.  It's free, secure, and a fast way to send payments.  Users can send payments using a credit card, debit card, or bank account.  For first time PayPal users, I suggest visiting PayPal.com and taking a look around.  It only takes a few minutes to sign up for an account and send a payment.

When is the last day money can be sent in for the Daisy Campaign?

As of this moment, the campaign's deadline is May 13th.  Depending on how much money is raised, GilmoreGirls.org may choose to send multiple bouquets of daisies, or one giant bouquet.  If at any point news is released that there is zero (absolutely no hope) for a season 8 revival, GilmoreGirls.org will stop accepting payments for the campaign.

If I have questions about the Daisy Campaign, who can I contact?

All questions, comments, and suggestions are all welcome.  Please feel free to post them in this thread.  If you'd prefer to contact GilmoreGirls.org via e-mail, write to [email protected].

Final comments

Please don't donate money to the Daisy Campaign if it will be any kind of financial hardship.  No one should feel bad if they can't participate; this is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  Please also go into this campaign with eyes wide open.  Meaning, this grand gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

~Heidi

P.S. - If something isn't clear or needs further explaination, please let me know.  I'd be more than happy to address any questions or concerns.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:16:01 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
Roua--x
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: May 06, 2007, 02:11:49 am »

Hey people

I live in Hungary so I don't watch Gilmore Girls on TV but I've got 1-6 seasons on DvD and I'm a really huge fan. I've sent some emails but unfornately I can't send any flowers or anything.. And not sure a letter would arrive on time.. Just wanted to tell you all that I think you're doing a fantastic job. Everyone's putting a huge effort into this. I was really upset when I heard the news and I still am, but it's great the way you're not giving up and stuff. I'll keep those emails coming , and if there's any other way I can help just let me know!

Long live Gilmore Girls! Grin
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: May 06, 2007, 03:51:30 am »

How can I send money to GilmoreGirls.org for the Daisy Campaign?

PayPal payments can be sent to: [email protected] 

Money sent. Thank so much for doing this, Heidi, so that we non-US-fans can participate, too!!!!

Regards,
Billie

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: May 06, 2007, 04:48:54 am »

Interview from Lauren!

May 14, 2007 issue - Last week the CW network canceled its motormouth dramedy "The Gilmore Girls." Lauren Graham, who has played Lorelai for all seven years, spoke to Nicki Gostin.

Are you very upset?
Noooo!

What do you mean, no?
I think it's the best decision for the show. One of the things Alexis [Bledel, her costar] and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can't be.

Who wanted to break up more? You or Alexis?
I think we both had our moments. It's a hard show to do.

You can read the rest of the interview H E R E

That really upsets me! Her enthusiasm on the show being cancelled shocks me! I know the work is hard but come on, she just lost her steady income, she just lost a part of her life, something that has been a part of her life for 7 years. Her and Alexis are best buds, they do know that this happening will prevent them from getting to hang out alot and from the interviews Lauren did last year about the rift between Rory and Lorelai, she was really upset about that cause not only was the storyline bad, she didn't get to see Alexis everyday and she missed her.

This makes fighting for the show so much harder! Embarrassed Cry Undecided
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:52:15 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:02 am »

Interview from Lauren!

What do you mean, no?
I think it's the best decision for the show. One of the things Alexis [Bledel, her costar] and I wished could be different was the schedule, and it really can't be.

To me this sounds as if she DID come up with a suggestion to save the whole thing!!!! MEN!!! Why couldn't they let them go on a different schedule??? Why didn't they come up with a smart schedule for those d**n 13 epis!!!! I'm so .... well, told you before.   Cry Embarrassed Cry Embarrassed

Keep those flowers coming, guys!!! And the money, so that maybe Heidi can send some to D.Ostroff AND the girls!!!!

I wished we could do more....

Oywithepoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: May 06, 2007, 05:26:54 am »

Perhaps we should email Stephen Colbert.  He has the whole Colbert Nation at hand, and he has mentioned GG a few times on his show, even once calling the best show on TV after his.  If he can mobilize the Colbert Nation behind us, we could have sky high Nielsen Ratings, but that would be long shot, but what part of this campaign isn't?
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: May 06, 2007, 05:28:16 am »

Interview from Lauren!

What do you mean, no?

To me this sounds as if she DID come up with a suggestion to save the whole thing!!!! MEN!!! Why couldn't they let them go on a different schedule??? Why didn't they come up with a smart schedule for those d**n 13 epis!!!! I'm so .... well, told you before.   Cry Embarrassed Cry Embarrassed

Keep those flowers coming, guys!!! And the money, so that maybe Heidi can send some to D.Ostroff AND the girls!!!!

I wished we could do more....

I totally agree! They could have done the 13 episode season but just dragged out the episodes so that they took as long to air as 22 episodes. That would mean longer hiatus and longer break for the actors! They could have done this easily, everyone could have won with the 13 episodes! This decision was idiotic!

go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: May 06, 2007, 05:30:25 am »

Perhaps we should email Stephen Colbert.  He has the whole Colbert Nation at hand, and he has mentioned GG a few times on his show, even once calling the best show on TV after his.  If he can mobilize the Colbert Nation behind us, we could have sky high Nielsen Ratings, but that would be long shot, but what part of this campaign isn't?

Stephen Colbert? I don't think I've heard of him. I like him already if what you said was true though Smiley it would be a good idea to email him about this issue!

Mak
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: May 06, 2007, 05:36:19 am »

I HATE the patronizing voices that say fans don't know what they want and need constant drama or else they'll instantly die of boredom. I HATE the condescending voices that stick the label "Crazy Internet People" where it should read "Caring, Enthusiastic and Dedicated Fans" (So much for what Lauren will think of our daisies). I HATE that she can't seem to put more than two sentences together to talk about the sudden death of this (her) show. I HATE that we were all set up for a true and great romance, and that the cynical voices think the wedding-and-happy-ever-after-ending too cheesy (Hey Lorelai, you need a lot of cheese to make a great pizza!). I HATE that after a seven year journey on this ship, through sunny weather and plenty of rough, we were chucked overboard onto a raft called "The Satisfying New Understanding", just 13 little miles off our final destination, and without proper warning. I HATE when loyal starts sounding like loser. I HATE the world is run by men in suits instead of men in plaid. And I HATE to have to use the word hate where before, GG just made me happy!  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: