The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:29:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729465 times)
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: May 05, 2007, 06:32:06 pm »

I can't send any daisies but I am doing anything else I can. I think it's a great idea to try to get GG on another station it is a long shot but who cares let me know what I can do.
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4186 on: May 05, 2007, 06:42:42 pm »

i am certainly trying to do everything i can to help the cause
of you call - 860-264-1986- you can leave a message with your support i leave one or more a day
i will also send an email a day and try to get everyone at school to chip in for dasies
we can get through this
hey anyone know anyone who works at a tv company (i.e. fox, wb, cw, nbc, cbs, abc)
do everything you can!!!!!!!!!

ilovegilmore101[/glow]

vivalagilmore!!!

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: May 05, 2007, 07:01:31 pm »

^ yea but 4 gg, we just found out that it was gonna be cancelled, but maybe that would work neways cuz its such a high-rating show neways, and it already has a lot of viewers

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
GilmoreGirls4evr
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 225

View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: May 05, 2007, 07:03:39 pm »

I would send money for flowers, but I'm not so sure about sending money over the Internet, not that I don't trust you Hedi!...

haven't been here in a while. updating my stuff and have nothing to put here.
lizzie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4189 on: May 05, 2007, 07:57:24 pm »

i <3 gg
they better not cancel it Grin
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4190 on: May 05, 2007, 08:03:22 pm »

Ok, so I came up with this one to print out and distribute ... I am not 100% satisfied with it, but I know it isn't getting any better today - so whatever Smiley  .. I hope there are no spelling mistakes in it (specially the sentence: to help raising the rates - I am not really sure if this is right; but I have the file and can correct it).

I don't konw if this is any help  - some of you mentioned that it doesn't matter to the ratings however people are watching the show.

gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: May 05, 2007, 08:18:53 pm »

Cry

Noooooooo, it cant be true. 

I am in Australia so cant join in the ratings thing, but Heidi, I'm more than happy to Paypal you some cash for daisies.  Just let me know how.

I googled Magnolia Flowers but there's no online ordering so I would love to join in with you.

Do you truly think we have a chance.  And do we know why the negotiations broke down.

Seriously do CW know that reality TV is a flash in the pan thing with absolutely no future for the networks.  It's another case of "save money now and stuff the future"   that seems to be the attitude of businesses these days.  They really need a huge wake up call.

STOP WATCHING ALL THIS REALITY RUBBISH ON TV.....MAKE THE RATINGS DROP ON THAT CRAP SO GREAT SHOWS LIKE THE GILLIES DONT DIE

RATINGS TALK, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO HIT THE NETWORK WHERE IT HURTS AND MAKE REALITY TV LOOK LIKE THE 'ONE HIT WONDER THAT IT IS

Send me your thoughts

Michelle
Aussie GG Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: May 05, 2007, 08:41:06 pm »

Oh my god, how could this happen, what does the CW network think they're doing.
This is my first post, i just couldn't stay quiet. I live in Australia and the show over here has been taken on and off and put on at stupid times, so it hasn't been able to get a devoted fan base. However the DVD sales over here are through the roof. Seriously what are people thinkig, don't they know that we rely on this show not only for the many laughs but the family dynamic of mother and daughter, i'm just so disappointment that we won't see L/L get married or have a proper ending for R/L they deserve they belong with each other.

I can't believe it's Gone.
I just can't wait for Season 7 to be released on DVD in Australia, cos i only know what hapens when i read the episode blurbs.

Season 8: because i need to know what happens....
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: May 05, 2007, 08:43:01 pm »

Oh my god, how could this happen, what does the CW network think they're doing.
This is my first post, i just couldn't stay quiet. I live in Australia and the show over here has been taken on and off and put on at stupid times, so it hasn't been able to get a devoted fan base. However the DVD sales over here are through the roof. Seriously what are people thinkig, don't they know that we rely on this show not only for the many laughs but the family dynamic of mother and daughter, i'm just so disappointment that we won't see L/L get married or have a proper ending for R/L they deserve they belong with each other.

I can't believe it's Gone.
I just can't wait for Season 7 to be released on DVD in Australia, cos i only know what hapens when i read the episode blurbs.

Its great to see yet another of the Aussie fans on this site, and you are right DVD sales are way up there, I've had to order mine in before the release date to make sure I get the new Series.  Lets hop CW wake up soon

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:45:10 pm by gillies-down under » Logged
starrgazer03
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: May 05, 2007, 09:08:38 pm »

Ok, so I came up with this one to print out and distribute ... I am not 100% satisfied with it, but I know it isn't getting any better today - so whatever Smiley  .. I hope there are no spelling mistakes in it (specially the sentence: to help raising the rates - I am not really sure if this is right; but I have the file and can correct it).

I don't konw if this is any help  - some of you mentioned that it doesn't matter to the ratings however people are watching the show.

Change raising to raise.... and it will be perfect. I love it! Smiley
gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: May 05, 2007, 09:19:15 pm »

Hi All,

Just read the article in TV Guide,  on "Why the Gilmore Girls is ending"

Seems that negotiations failed with CW wanting to continue with 13 episodes, but LG and AB not signing on the dotted line.

Could this be a "mexican standoff" where the network has said that's it, in order to get the girls to take the money offered.  Lets hope it's bluff and not reality.

Come on guys, see some sense,   13 episodes for extra cash,  a heap of loyal fans and the proper sendoff.  Seriously Lauren and Alexis,  what have you got to loose.  And CW,  maybe cough up a little more cash,  such a great series deserves a proper farewell.

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4196 on: May 05, 2007, 09:19:28 pm »

Thanks for the correction Smiley  .. So here's the link to the corrected one (didn't want to flood the forum with my pictures *lol*) http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u44/divine1985/flyer_2Kopie.jpg

Now to another thing ... I just read many comments about the cancellation on different sites and there are sooo many people saying that it was Alexis' fault cause she didn't wanna come back for another season and everything. Is that true? Or are these just rumors?
I know people asked before and the answer was that we don't know 100% but it seems pretty much the CW's one, but I was just curious if there has been a turn in event or something ?

gillies-down under
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: May 05, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

Cool

Great job on the flier.. Good work.

With reference to Alexis,  surely it would be possible to get her in as a guest star, to drop in a few times during the last Series 8 (lets hope)

Dont know about you all,  but I'm much more interested in the Luke/Lorelai thing and a proper ending, than worrying if Rory is in every episode or not.

Whats your thoughts   
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: May 05, 2007, 09:31:05 pm »

The only reason why 7th heaven's final episode last year got so much in the ratings was because the WB did all of that "Count down till Goodbye" thing; sure if they did that with Gilmore Girls our ratings would probably go up to; but they did that with 7th Heaven for like a month before the series 1st finale

True..... Sad

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: May 05, 2007, 09:33:14 pm »

Ok so I was just listening to the tvseriesfinale.com podcast....and they mentioned that Veronica Mars has "some of the greatest fans" and that they do really good camaigning....DO THEY NOT KNOW WHO WE ARE? Seriously...all they mention about GG is that they're being cancelled and it's good because it's a "better chance for VM to have another season". We have gotten our word out there....but not as many people are responding to it as I hoped. They'd rather talk about VM getting another season... Our campaign should get recognized somewhere....and spoken about....if you ask me... I just hate that they think VM is such a big deal, when they know how much more people care about GG...

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: