The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:04:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734474 times)
Speckles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: May 05, 2007, 04:35:30 pm »

I'm really very sad about this. †Now what will I do on Tuesday nights??

"Remind me to tell you about the time my mom wore a T-shirt with a rhinestone penis on it and my grandmother had her car towed."† Rory in episode 5.19: But I'm a Gilmore!† (My favorite line!)

Love in Christ,
Jessica
Philippians 4:13
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4171 on: May 05, 2007, 04:36:04 pm »

I had a rant about the Neilsen system like 40 pages ago... now again I wonder if the whole thing is really an urban legend, or maybe a secret CIA-like thing;
Seriously, does anyone know of anyone, who knows anyone, who knows anyone who is a "Neilsen family"?? Granted its only a US thing, but we seem to have a pretty widespread sampling here of people (I esp. appreciate the international fans, but alas...) so it would seem that *someone* here should know someone that participates.

Let's keep pounding the pavement...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: May 05, 2007, 04:38:51 pm »

I guess because they have no other way of tracking it. What choice do they have? It'd be too expensive to poll everyone in the country every week, and most people wouldn't be very happy if tracking devices came installed in tv's.

Sorry I changed what I said above but I realized the percentage thing was a bit too simplistic. †
I had a rant about the Neilsen system like 40 pages ago... now again I wonder if the whole thing is really an urban legend, or maybe a secret CIA-like thing;
Seriously, does anyone know of anyone, who knows anyone, who knows anyone who is a "Neilsen family"?? Granted its only a US thing, but we seem to have a pretty widespread sampling here of people (I esp. appreciate the international fans, but alas...) so it would seem that *someone* here should know someone that participates.

Let's keep pounding the pavement...

I knew someone that did the forms, I've never known anyone that had the box. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 04:39:59 pm by skftex » Logged

luvsGG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: May 05, 2007, 04:45:54 pm »

i got off work early today, so i went
to a florist around here to see about sending daisies. the lady who waited on
me was very nice and helpful, and when she found out what they were for she
got kind of excited lol she asked if i was the president of the GG fanclub, and i
proceeded to explain what was going on. as i left the store she said, "well i hope this
will help you!" she loved it lol

funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: May 05, 2007, 05:19:45 pm »

Ratings are based on percentages.  You could own a million tv's and have them on to GG and it wouldn't make a lick of difference in the ratings if you aren't a Nielsen family.  Basically, they have a certain percentage of people do forms about what they watch and a certain percentage have the box that records what they watch, then use percentages based on the number of people in the US, and how many of those are of TV watching ages (target groups) and so on.  So unless you know some Nielsen families, telling everyone to watch GG will not show up on the ratings at all.

That's what I was afraid of Sad    Just wanted to make sure....

A long time ago when I still lived with my parents we got a letter asking us to be a Nielsen family... but we didn't do it cause my mom said she didn't want to deal with installing the box... I wish she would have though...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 05:58:48 pm by funnybottoms » Logged
whiffenpoof
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

Java Junkie- just keepin the F.A.I.T.H!

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: May 05, 2007, 05:48:19 pm »

i feel so sick.. so so sick..

Made by lukesgirl!

THANK GOODNESS FOR SOOKIES BUT!

"Kissed by the Lord mama"- Lane Kim

"Oy with the poodles already!"

"As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, Iím totally flexible"

HAMBURGER HATER!!!!
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: May 05, 2007, 05:56:59 pm »

erghh lol i found some *fake* dasies at my house, theyre in this spring boquet thing that my mom bought a while back. i was thinking of taking a pic of me with them and write a letter with that as the background or something and send it to DO and LG and AB, BUT i cant send any mail lol so that wouldnt work

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
~*emily*~
« Reply #4177 on: May 05, 2007, 05:57:25 pm »

ok, i haven't been on here for a few days, so wow.... um... yeah... i'm just kinda speechless. i thought we had this... i'm surprised i'm not crying i think i'm just shocked.

i mean, this is no way to wrap up the show. not now. IT WON'T WORK! ridiculous... two more episodes... wow.

i've also read that there will be another season of that pussycat dolls reality show. if they put that in GG's old spot, i will freak. totally freak.

well, all i can say is that this sendoff better be a good one. i don't know how it could be, but it better be.

- emily

PS- i just also want to say that everyone who has worked or still is working on this project is amazingly dedicated and brilliant. kudos to all of y'all. maybe, maybe the girls will be back.

PPS- in omnia paratus, guys. ready for anything.
ameroo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: May 05, 2007, 06:03:44 pm »

Ok, I have just ordered daisies and sending them to Lauren and Alexis' agents.  Maybe if we just bombard them with things they will know how much we love the show and change their minds.

Did anyone else send flowers to the agents?  Mine are going to arrive on Monday.

I am so, so sad to see the show end.  I have never done anything like this before but I think the show is that good.  Stars Hollow has become a home away from home for us.  My husband loves it and our three closest friends, all who are men, love it as well.  We get together on Friday nights and always talk about what is going on with the show.  I can't believe it is going to end.
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: May 05, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »

Any way they could shift some of the 7th Heaven $$$ over to the GG fund???  I'm sure 7th has plenty to spare...  Wink

How does GG not have money though?Huh? After 7 years; DVD box sets, posters, books, soundtracks?Huh I don't believe that Gilmore Girls doesn't have money; sure 7th heaven probably has a boatload how long has that been on 10 years or something
But i don't believe that it was a money issue for not keeping gilmore girls on.

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: May 05, 2007, 06:13:10 pm »

I just wish there was some way GG could get picked up by another station. If only the cast and crew were more dedicated to the show...At least I think that's the reason why it would never happen. Would it be incredibly crazy to write to people at Fox or some other network, asking them to sign Gilmore? Or is there just not enough support for the show(obviously not from the fans) for something like that to happen?

August 6th! 
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: May 05, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »

The only reason why 7th heaven's final episode last year got so much in the ratings was because the WB did all of that "Count down till Goodbye" thing; sure if they did that with Gilmore Girls our ratings would probably go up to; but they did that with 7th Heaven for like a month before the series 1st finale

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
CRUSADERS
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: May 05, 2007, 06:17:03 pm »

I just wish there was some way GG could get picked up by another station. If only the cast and crew were more dedicated to the show...At least I think that's the reason why it would never happen. Would it be incredibly crazy to write to people at Fox or some other network, asking them to sign Gilmore? Or is there just not enough support for the show(obviously not from the fans) for something like that to happen?

Why couldn't we, we are doing every thing else; i remember that when "Joan of Arcadia" was ending the fans sent threads to every next work (don't understand the thread) so that that network would pick it up  but in the end it didn't work but why not give it a try

CRUSADERS
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: May 05, 2007, 06:18:42 pm »

The only reason why 7th heaven's final episode last year got so much in the ratings was because the WB did all of that "Count down till Goodbye" thing; sure if they did that with Gilmore Girls our ratings would probably go up to; but they did that with 7th Heaven for like a month before the series 1st finale
Probably because it had been on SOOOOOO long.

But so have we!

And, just, gah. I can't form words anymore. I have been acting all Luke-when he found out Nicole was cheating on him-kicked a car-went to jail today.

Why couldn't we, we are doing every thing else; i remember that when "Joan of Arcadia" was ending the fans sent threads to every next work (don't understand the thread) so that that network would pick it up but in the end it didn't work but why not give it a try

And I think the show would come with too much baggage.
If you want to try, go ahead though.
A miracle could happen.
Thats what we are living on anyway.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:20:09 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: May 05, 2007, 06:23:56 pm »

Hey everyone! Right now I'm just trying to be uplifting. Last night I sent e-mails, and I couldn't believe how much better it made me feel about everything, it's like somehow I got a new hope. So do anything and everything you can, cause it just might make you feel better! Don't lose hope yet, we still have a little bit of time!
So keep sending e-mails and daisies (if you can, I personally can't afford them, complete bummer, but I'm doing whatever else I can)

Keep up the amazing work!
Lucie Wink

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: