The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 10:01:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764550 times)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4125 on: May 05, 2007, 10:59:33 am »

I made a save GG thread on fanforum a couple months ago! I've been trying to keep it updated cause alot of people there are intimidated by the fast moving mandate thread but even though there are soooo many fans over there that support the show, they won't take part or post anything. Undecided I have triple posted more then once on that thread and I just don't want to keep updating it if no one is listening anyways. I have already mentioned the daisy thing though, hopefully people will take part. Its so annoying! Everyone is smad about it ending but they wont do anything about it. Very few will! Undecided I'll keep trying though! I don't know how I can inform them anymore. You should see me over there, I have had the Save GG thread link in my sig for months, thats it, just a link to the save GG thread (I put the mandate one in my sig but I had to get rid of it cause we aren't aloud to link to other forums there) and a quote ("cause once gg is in your life, it is in your life forever" quote) along with a message asking to help save the show plus the only avis I have had for 3 months are save GG avis and no one will listen! Everyone getting mad about the show ending, I tell to keep the faith and go over to the mandate thread to find ways to help out...no one has posted yet! Sad Very frustrating! I'll keep trying though! Smiley

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: May 05, 2007, 11:06:18 am »

I love this idea!! Cause we really need a lot of people to turn on there TV's for GG the next Tuesdays! I'll also try to come up with a flyer today and post it later!

Hey, post nr. 100 - congrats!!!  Smiley

What do you think? Do we start a "Ruft den ORF-Kundendienst an"-campaign and get friends & family calling there demanding a season 8?HuhHuhHuh Or does VOX have more Power? Or companies that advertize??? Help!!!

(ORF = Austrian Broadcasting Station,
VOX = German (private) Broadcasting Station)

tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4127 on: May 05, 2007, 11:09:22 am »

The flyer idea is really good. I wouldn't be able to do it because The CW isn't in the UK, but hopefully you'll all be able to get the ratings up. Good Luck  Grin

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
Oywithepoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: May 05, 2007, 11:13:23 am »

VOX might have more power, their name is on my German Gilmore Girls book. 
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4129 on: May 05, 2007, 12:00:17 pm »

I'll particpate in Operation: Daisy Duke!  I haven't found a boquet that I like yet, but I'll post when I do, after I order it!  I'm not giving up hope!  Come on, we can do this...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: May 05, 2007, 12:02:02 pm »

If anyone belongs to the CW, E!, fanforum, or any other message boards maybe you could post a new thread about the Daisy Duke campaign! At the very least post a new topic listing Dawn Ostroff address in huge font and telling people to send support letters; I don't think those other types of boards are as informed as us! I personally don't have usernames any other forums except here.

Also, as far as getting people to watch GG on Tuesday sounds great, although I don't know how effective it will be, since I'm still mystified by the whole rating system thing... but maybe if we all start an email chain letter thing we'll reach enough people. I know people hate those, but people send me so many stupid jokes, pictures, and other crap from strangers that I won't feel the least bit guilty sending a quick email to everyone in my address book that my favorite (and worthwhile!) show is in grave danger and give it a shot! I bet I'll find out that some of friends watch GG and I didn't even know it  Wink I think I may even include Dawn O., LG, & ABs addresses in this email just in case my friends want to help the cause even further, hehe.

Ooh, and rock on with flyers gals! That's a great idea- especially around highschools and colleges!!  Grin
The email chain may be helpful, it's a great idea and it wouldn't hurt to try. Smiley  I have been trying to post things all over the internet to get people to watch but I figured flyers would be even more helpful.. especially for those who don't spend most of their time on the internet like I do.

My printer ran out of ink so I'm going to the library on Monday to print out my letters.. and they will be sent that day!  Also, I was searching through a pile of post cards I bought a while back and there are a few with daisy patterns on them and whatnot so I'll have to write little notes on those and send them out as well!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:10:57 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Zeppy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: May 05, 2007, 12:03:27 pm »

I pratically discovered Gilmore Girls last spring, just few weeks before season 6 began here in Italy. So I watched it in italian, and later in september i followed season 7 in english. I fell in love with the show pretty soon; I want to get in possesion of the 6 dvd sets as soon as possibible...
Anyway, the other day, when I saw (well, heard should be better xD) Logan asking Lorelai the permission to marry Rory I thought: "Oh my Gosh, is this really the end? No, please..."; but inside I didn't actually think that. It seemed to me so unrealistic. You can just imagine my shock when I discovered, a couple of day later, that season 8 had been cancelled. I couldn't belive that. I was so depressed. And still I am...
I've sent a couple of emails in the hope they could be useful to have our favourite show back. I want it. I actually NEED it.
It seems a lot of emails, letters and flowers are invading Burbank and neibourghood, uh? xD I haven't kept the count, but in less than 2 days there are a lot of posts in this topic, talking about something sent. Cool.
Hope will never die. We can make it. Let's keep this on!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: May 05, 2007, 12:28:50 pm »

I know people have mentioned this, but we SHOULD ask 7th Heaven fans how they did it.

They obviously did it right, so I think we should get some pointers.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: May 05, 2007, 12:33:15 pm »

Here is a tv segement- or something like that got the link from the dragonfly inn .org(so if the link that i post doesn't work just go to the dragonflyinn.org website.  it should be under the May 5 2007 entry labeled TvGuide's Segment Report)

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Todays-News/Gilmores-Graham-Cancellation/800014283 < check it out

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: May 05, 2007, 12:35:31 pm »

I know people have mentioned this, but we SHOULD ask 7th Heaven fans how they did it.

They obviously did it right, so I think we should get some pointers.
your're right! i'll check out some forums to see if somebody can help us!

gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: May 05, 2007, 12:38:06 pm »

start quote < "Khadija and ShutUpRob,

I certainly wish everyone well with trying to get the CW to reconsider. I'd love nothing more!

But I think relying on last year's renewal of 7th Heaven, which I personally don't consider a "bad" show, Rob, is problematic for two reasons.

1. Executives of the WB (Group A) canceled 7th Heaven. Executives of the CW (Group B) decided to bring it back. Group B (CW executives) have not reconsidered a decision (they didn't bring back Everwood, did they? And I'm not saying that to cause upset for Everwood fans, many of whom are still extremely sensitive a year after the show was canceled....)

2. The CW is clearly driven by money and ratings. All of the networks are. The CW is a smaller network with limited financial resources, so it can't afford to take chances with quality like some of the bigger networks can. Reality shows are cheap and popular. I personally think the reality path is short sighted, but the executives didn't ask my opinion - and I'm pretty sure they don't care what I think.

Yes, last year 7th Heaven got a reprieve. And it has resulted in angry fans being sarcastic and ugly to fans of the show.

It's the anger and rudeness that concerns me - and I really hope that Gilmore Girls fans can handle their disappointment without going down the same path. Once the CW announces its new lineup for fall, will the posts begin that say: I can't believe the CW renewed Show A and canceled Gilmore Girls, the best show on TV..... See where this can go?

I love the show, too, but I'm not going to let my disappointment take a further toll on me or my family and friends.

Good luck with your campaign. I would love it if the CW would reconsider. But if they don't, please - don't let it consume you.
Posted by tazjt
May 5, 2007 10:58 AM"< quote taken from Glimore's Braham:Cancellation Is "Best" Feedback

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
CRUSADERS
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: May 05, 2007, 12:40:12 pm »

i think that that guy is right- we can fight and fight but we can't let it consume us- if it is in the end completely cannceled at least we tried our best and we just have to believe that it was Gilmore Girls time

But until then lets FIGHT the ruling!

CRUSADERS
Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: May 05, 2007, 12:56:31 pm »

i just asked someone owning a 7th heaven homepage what they did to bring their show back and i will tell you about it as soon as i receive an answer  Wink although, gilmoregirl0034 might be right... CW brought 7th heaven back and WB did not reconsider  Embarrassed i'm from europe so i don't know your channels... do you think there might be another company that would bring gilmore girls back? (like CW did with 7th heaven)

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4138 on: May 05, 2007, 01:02:24 pm »

Hi gang,

Wow.  The response to using PayPal for our daisy campaign has been tremendous. 

For those of you who know, without a doubt, that you'd like to chip in money for the campaign you can send PayPal 'donations' to:  [email protected]

For those of you who are on the fence, don't know how PayPal works, or need better understanding of what exactly the money will be used for ... please wait a few hours and I'll make a comprehensive post to try and answer any questions you might have.  (I would do it now, but I already have plans for this afternoon.)

A few final notes ...

I've said this before, but I don't want anyone to donate money if it will be a financial hardship.  Additionally, no one should feel bad if they can't participate in the daisy campaign.  This is just one of many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.

I also ask that all participants please go into this campaign with eyes wide open. Meaning, this gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

The above statements aren't meant to discourage those who still have season 8 hope, but as the GilmoreGirls.org webmaster and the person organizing the campaign I feel it's only fair to be perfectly honest.

As for myself?  I'm all in.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: May 05, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »

I've been trying my best to tell everyone I know to tune into GG these next two Tuesday nights to get the ratings up.. but I'm not sure how effective that has been, seeing as I do not know many people.  I was thinking of making some Save Gilmore Girls flyers and posting them on telephone poles around my town?

I will also tell everyone I know to tune in... but that made me wonder how does the whole ratings thing work anyways?  If anyone knows please explain... cause the only thing I know is something about having to be a member of the Neilsen panel thing... so how does it help if you get people to watch when they aren't even a member of the Neilsen thing?  Cause I don't know anyone who is part of the Neilsen ratings panel thing.... I think I read somewhere that they can also get ratings through tivo or something.. that would be cool since I have tivo...  but anyone know for sure how it all works?
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: