The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:38:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763571 times)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4110 on: May 05, 2007, 08:50:33 am »

And although it has been said about 1000 times - I LOVE how dedicated everyone is .. everyone is willing to help and we might not have a big chance to get GG back, but having soo many participants with the same goal is definitely going to help (and is also VERY encouraging)!

It is really encouraging, like divine said, thank you so much everyone for being so supportive and not giving up! We got the worst news possible and everyone is still here and that is amazing! I love you all for doing this.

A little story that will hopefully lift some spirits if you are losing hope again.

I'm a dedicated Christian so for 3 months, every night before I go to bed, I pray for GG S8! Even after this horrible announcement I kept praying, I started praying all day too. So last night I sat down and prayed for a sign that we would get another season and after a month and a half without any, it went from rain to the biggest snow flakes of the snow season!

This really lifted my spirits and hopefully it lifted yours as well. You may not believe in miracles or signs or you might be athiest but hopefully someone can appreciate this story Smiley
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:53:29 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: May 05, 2007, 08:54:35 am »

I'm just curious what the very last line will be. Ever since I heard Amy Palladino say she knew what the last line was going to be, I've been curious.
Someone told me they heard the last line is going to be same line that either stated or ended the 1 show (pilot).  So I watched it to see what that was.    Beginning of the 1st show when Lorelai walks into Lukes she says "Please, Luke, Please,please,please.  (the whole coffee conversation follows) and the last line is whenRory asks Luke for coffee and  Luke tells Rory to not turn out like her mother and Rory says "too late"  I am interested in seeing if that is true becasue I do feel like both would work

Wow I never heard this before! Shocked I didn't think anyone had heard the last lines, who told you this? It would make alot of sence though, those lines would be perfect!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4112 on: May 05, 2007, 08:58:27 am »

Lovely letter, very straight forward and polite and it gets the point across! Nice work Smiley
Thanks, I'm sending it now to Ostroff...CW feedback,, any email addresses I could send too?

GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: May 05, 2007, 09:03:37 am »

I'm just curious what the very last line will be. Ever since I heard Amy Palladino say she knew what the last line was going to be, I've been curious.
Someone told me they heard the last line is going to be same line that either stated or ended the 1 show (pilot).  So I watched it to see what that was.    Beginning of the 1st show when Lorelai walks into Lukes she says "Please, Luke, Please,please,please.  (the whole coffee conversation follows) and the last line is whenRory asks Luke for coffee and  Luke tells Rory to not turn out like her mother and Rory says "too late"  I am interested in seeing if that is true becasue I do feel like both would work

Wow I never heard this before! Shocked I didn't think anyone had heard the last lines, who told you this? It would make alot of sence though, those lines would be perfect!

I girl that works with me told me Thursday.  I can't remember where she said she heard it ...we were talking about how sad that the show was not having an 8th season and she said that she heard or read that.....I have to ask her where she got the info from.///
lemoneyed
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4114 on: May 05, 2007, 09:05:56 am »

And although it has been said about 1000 times - I LOVE how dedicated everyone is .. everyone is willing to help and we might not have a big chance to get GG back, but having soo many participants with the same goal is definitely going to help (and is also VERY encouraging)!

It is really encouraging, like divine said, thank you so much everyone for being so supportive and not giving up! We got the worst news possible and everyone is still here and that is amazing! I love you all for doing this.

A little story that will hopefully lift some spirits if you are losing hope again.

I'm a dedicated Christian so for 3 months, every night before I go to bed, I pray for GG S8! Even after this horrible announcement I kept praying, I started praying all day too. So last night I sat down and prayed for a sign that we would get another season and after a month and a half without any, it went from rain to the biggest snow flakes of the snow season!

This really lifted my spirits and hopefully it lifted yours as well. You may not believe in miracles or signs or you might be athiest but hopefully someone can appreciate this story Smiley

haha yeah I'm a Muslim and also praying i will get to see my very much loved Lorelai get her dreams and loves. I love Luke and Lorelai together. I have watched this show since I was 14 so they mean a lot to me too. sigh. I really hope it comes back like 7th Heaven did lol.

I think I'm also gonna send those daisies, all the way from Singapore so that they know they have fans from this side of the world too!
Oh wait.. but do they sell daisies here.... hm. lol i have to check now.

<3
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: May 05, 2007, 09:17:22 am »

Ok my sister and I just sent 4 letters to Alexis, 4 to Lauren and 2 to Dawn. I really hope we can get them back I will be lost without GG.
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: May 05, 2007, 09:26:49 am »

'Gilmore Girls' Cancelled

It even made the NY Times....WAHHHHHHHhhh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: May 05, 2007, 09:28:46 am »

just found this article.... Sad

Say goodbye to Stars Hollow -- "Gilmore Girls" is officially over. Get out your kleenex.

In a statement to TMZ, the CW and Warner Bros. Television says it is "a truly sad moment for everyone" and promises to "give this series the send-off it deserves."

Sources tell TMZ that there were ongoing negotiations with the suits and the actresses in an effort to bring the show back for another season, but they were unable to seal the deal.

The final episode of the show, which launched the careers of Alexis Bledel and "Heroes" star Milo Ventimiglia, airs May 15.

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: May 05, 2007, 09:47:37 am »

I girl that works with me told me Thursday. I can't remember where she said she heard it ...we were talking about how sad that the show was not having an 8th season and she said that she heard or read that.....I have to ask her where she got the info from.///

Yes, it would be interesting to find out where that information came from. I don't know that it would hold true anymore, since Amy isn't writing for the show anymore. I don't get into what happens in the coming shows, but it would make sense to have something like that happen. I'm really hoping it isn't 'it's too late' because that doesn't sound like enough closure for this gal! Tongue We will have to wait and see what May 15th holds.

But, as for me, I'm going in with the attitude that this isn't goodbye! Keep mandating and letting everyone know how you feel because this may not be the last! Be straight forward and to the point but be respectful and tactful!

Razzelfrat Yes, that's the same information that Heidi posted for us on May 3rd when they made the annoucement about GG's finale! Don't give up hope though! Keep writing and mandating and send flowers! Do whatever your heart tells you but do something! Keep your head up! We will get a season 8!

Star The hope and support and action and encouragment of GG fans here is so inspiring!! Keep up the phenominal work that you're all doing! Every little bit counts and isn't not too late! Just keep your heads up and stand strong! We'll get another season! Just you wait, CW! We'll be seeing GG again!  Star

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: May 05, 2007, 09:54:34 am »

Yes, it would be interesting to find out where that information came from. I don't know that it would hold true anymore, since Amy isn't writing for the show anymore. I don't get into what happens in the coming shows, but it would make sense to have something like that happen. I'm really hoping it isn't 'it's too late' because that doesn't sound like enough closure for this gal! Tongue We will have to wait and see what May 15th holds.

But, as for me, I'm going in with the attitude that this isn't goodbye! Keep mandating and letting everyone know how you feel because this may not be the last! Be straight forward and to the point but be respectful and tactful!

Razzelfrat Yes, that's the same information that Heidi posted for us on May 3rd when they made the annoucement about GG's finale! Don't give up hope though! Keep writing and mandating and send flowers! Do whatever your heart tells you but do something! Keep your head up! We will get a season 8!

Star The hope and support and action and encouragment of GG fans here is so inspiring!! Keep up the phenominal work that you're all doing! Every little bit counts and isn't not too late! Just keep your heads up and stand strong! We'll get another season! Just you wait, CW! We'll be seeing GG again!  Star

*Cheers*

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Junkie
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

We NEED season 8! Keep on fighting! ;-)

View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: May 05, 2007, 10:15:30 am »

Hi! First of all, I would like to tell you how awesome it is what you're doing to bring back Gilmore Girls! Great job!!!

I already sent to e-mails and I also think about sending letters but that might be a little expensive for me (I'm from Europe)

Anyway, I just read about the 7th heaven resurrection and that made me hope again... I have a question: What did the 7th heaven fans do to bring their show back? And how much time was between the official cancelling and the announcement that she series will be back for another season? I'm just interested in it because I'd like to know how much time there is left for hoping  Smiley

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: May 05, 2007, 10:18:10 am »

I've been trying my best to tell everyone I know to tune into GG these next two Tuesday nights to get the ratings up.. but I'm not sure how effective that has been, seeing as I do not know many people.  I was thinking of making some Save Gilmore Girls flyers and posting them on telephone poles around my town?
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4122 on: May 05, 2007, 10:30:02 am »

I've been trying my best to tell everyone I know to tune into GG these next two Tuesday nights to get the ratings up.. but I'm not sure how effective that has been, seeing as I do not know many people.  I was thinking of making some Save Gilmore Girls flyers and posting them on telephone poles around my town?

I love this idea!! Cause we really need a lot of people to turn on there TV's for GG the next Tuesdays! I'll also try to come up with a flyer today and post it later!

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: May 05, 2007, 10:36:21 am »

I'm going to make a few and then i will post them at some point today!! Smiley
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4124 on: May 05, 2007, 10:47:40 am »

If anyone belongs to the CW, E!, fanforum, or any other message boards maybe you could post a new thread about the Daisy Duke campaign! At the very least post a new topic listing Dawn Ostroff address in huge font and telling people to send support letters; I don't think those other types of boards are as informed as us! I personally don't have usernames any other forums except here.

Also, as far as getting people to watch GG on Tuesday sounds great, although I don't know how effective it will be, since I'm still mystified by the whole rating system thing... but maybe if we all start an email chain letter thing we'll reach enough people. I know people hate those, but people send me so many stupid jokes, pictures, and other crap from strangers that I won't feel the least bit guilty sending a quick email to everyone in my address book that my favorite (and worthwhile!) show is in grave danger and give it a shot! I bet I'll find out that some of friends watch GG and I didn't even know it  Wink I think I may even include Dawn O., LG, & ABs addresses in this email just in case my friends want to help the cause even further, hehe.

Ooh, and rock on with flyers gals! That's a great idea- especially around highschools and colleges!!  Grin
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:51:00 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: