The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:40:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733483 times)
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: May 04, 2007, 11:12:22 pm »

A generic letter would be helpful Smiley  Another note and this might be a side track and based on the number and frequency of my recent postings you can tell how eager i really want to see a LL wedding. The below quote from a recent interview with LG hints that the reason season 8 might have not occured was because of storyline issues not because of money issues necessarily (this interview was done before the show was cancelled). The reason I mention this is that if there were some letters that we could write to prove there is some room for creative storylines in season 8 (regarless of the numbers of issues) that doesn't comprimise the essential storyline (the mother-daugher relagionship, the quirky town characters) but also gives fans they want that might help. I can see why LG might think a wedding was not a good idea becaus it could be cheesy but if we showed it as something that is intergral to the show's essence that might help? those are my two cents. I apologize if i am repeating what others have said- i haven't read all the post from the beginning.

SPEC: So I know weíre almost out of time, and I know youíve been asked this a million times before, but whatís the deal with talk of the eighth season?

LG: [Laughs] I just donít really know how to answer ícause itís up in the air. I think we would like to come back if we feel like all the elements are in place-and thatís not a euphemism for money-I really mean, if we feel like we can do it in a way that makes us happy creatively. You know, it does start to become-these one-hour jobs as an actor-itís a pretty tough schedule, and so you start to weigh quality of life with the incredible blessing of having a steady acting job, and itís surprising that over time itís actually a conflict. So if we can do it in a way that still makes the show really good, and can maybe make it manageable for the actors, then there may be a reason to come back
Tissie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4081 on: May 04, 2007, 11:17:08 pm »

Today on the local news from where I am from (portland, oregon) that there is not going to be a 8th season of GG bc the stars could not come to an agrement with the studio over money. So according to them there is not going to be a season at all. Undecided Cry

~*~Kris~*~
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: May 04, 2007, 11:20:06 pm »

if this is  really about money, then it is CW's loss. I wonder if there is a way to show the financial losses they would face from lost viewership from GG  (and disgruntled viewers who would cease to watch other CW show) versus the amount they would have to pay the actresses? I am betting the former would be greater then the latter.
Tissie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4083 on: May 04, 2007, 11:29:29 pm »

we should see if there is another network that is willing to pick up GG bc they would have to know that they would be able to pull over all the suport over to their network, and it would pull up the ratings for them and the suport for their network. maybe something like Family channel or something since they already show reruns and they have their own orginal shows. I think this would be a great idea to suport and push for. whos with me?

~*~Kris~*~
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4084 on: May 05, 2007, 12:00:53 am »

Since the cancellation news hit, my inbox has been flooded with two types of e-mails ...
1.  People want to know how they can 'save the Gilmores'.
2.  People want to know how they can get involved with our flower campaign.

Here's a question for everyone to ponder ...

Would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies?

As some of you know, I've been hesitant about accepting payments in the past ... mostly because there's a little bit of pressure involved.  I'm a perfectionist, so once someone sends me their hard earned money I feel 100% obligated to deliver exactly what was promised.  We're talking down to the last flower petal. Wink  Additionally, I realize there's a level of trust that must be met.  If we do decide to move forward, I would be completely transparent about how much money was 'raised', would provide details regarding which florist was used, and would also be sure to scan or take a photo of the receipt.

A few more things to ponder ...

I don't want to mislead anyone or give the impression of false hope.  As of this moment, the show is not coming back next year.  If we're honest with ourselves, we probably have less than a 1% chance of getting season 8.  However, we do have the infamous 7th Heaven resurrection as our shining beacon of hope. 

When we started the Great8Mandate campaign in February, people laughed about our chances of getting season 8.  As we were mailing our letters of support, other fan-bases heckled our enthusiasm and called us crazy.  Then slowly, over the next few months, the Great8Mandate began to make a name for itself ... optimism for season 8 grew ...  and eventually we heard reports that a 13-episode deal was all but in the bag.  Back in February, how many people (both Gilmore fans and naysayers) truly predicted we would even get that far?

I don't really see a huge difference between then and now.  People thought we were crazy then and I'm sure think we're crazy now for holding out hope.  I'm fine with that.  As I've said before, until I hear Lauren declare the show dead or until the Upfronts on May 17th I will have hope.  However small it may be.

Let's reiterate ...

This is the question I'm asking ... would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies?  Please note, there are many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate.  This is just one of the many.  Don't feel bad if this isn't up your alley.  I don't want anyone to donate money if it will be a financial hardship.  No one should miss a meal because they sent me money to pay for daises (that would just be silly).  Additionally, it's only fair to go into this with your eyes wide open.  This gesture probably won't save our Girls.  You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis.  This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be.  Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

With that said, I'm all in.  Even if no one joins me, I'll be sending my own bouquet.    Hearts

~Heidi
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:53:55 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: May 05, 2007, 01:46:08 am »

we should see if there is another network that is willing to pick up GG bc they would have to know that they would be able to pull over all the suport over to their network, and it would pull up the ratings for them and the suport for their network. maybe something like Family channel or something since they already show reruns and they have their own orginal shows. I think this would be a great idea to suport and push for. whos with me?

Trying to get another network to pick it up would have been a great idea a few seasons ago, and I totally wish that another network could pick it up, but the reality is that the *only* way to save a show that's been around this long is to convince its network to uncancel it.  The show was already too expensive for basic cable when it started, so there's not really any way that ABC Family would be able to afford to fund it themselves, especially since Warner owns the show and Disney owns the channel.  Yeah, even though it can afford to show reruns of the show -- by nature, reruns are always far cheaper for basic cable channels to buy than new episodes are. 

So the focus needs to remain on convincing The CW to go back to the bargaining table, meeting Lauren and Alexis's demands halfway and absorb the extra expense as a long-term loss-leader to rebuild and retain trust in the network that it's lost over the past few years, including its undeniable history when it was previously known as The WB.

One task that somebody *could* take on, however, would be to contact the national advertisers that buy ads during Gg.  As Farscapers found out, the advertisers absolutely *love* to have the input of fanbases as it gives them an idea of how their marketing is going and it's contact with the advertisers that, for once, isn't, like, a boycott or a recall or anything.  Many products advertised during the show are of the feminine variety, so I'm not really the person to head a project like that, no matter how interested I'd be in wearing the clothing.   Tongue  (My degree is in Theater and I'm a fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, so sue me.  Wink  )  Anybody interested in going through their recording of last week's show to find out who the advetisers are, and then to contact them -- by phone, preferably, email if possible?  Tell them about how you like their advertisements, how you use their products (don't lie and tell them that you use their products if you don't), etc.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because if they're going to spend 14 episodes on Lor and Chris's disaster of a marriage (a storyline that I liked, btw), then Lor and Luke should get another 13 or 14 episodes to lead up to a marriage or at least a huge happy ending of a pregnancy.
newly89
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: May 05, 2007, 05:09:58 am »

what's the point of ending gg like this?!! this is not an ending, it's incomplete: lorelai not marry, rory insecure about her future and without logan it sucks...I can stand the real end of gg if it was complete like normal seasons like beverly hills or f.r.i.e.n.d.s something announced from the very beginning not when there are 2 episodes left it's not fair...So I SUPPORT GREAT8MANDATE, WE DON'T WANT GG TO LAST FOREVER BECAUSE WE KNOW IT'S IMPOSSIBLE WE ARE JUST ASKING A PROPER FINALE IF IT REALLY NEEDS TO END!!!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: May 05, 2007, 05:11:57 am »

Since the cancellation news hit, my inbox has been flooded with two types of e-mails ...
1. People want to know how they can 'save the Gilmores'.
2. People want to know how they can get involved with our flower campaign.

Here's a question for everyone to ponder ...

Would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies?

As some of you know, I've been hesitant about accepting payments in the past ... mostly because there's a little bit of pressure involved. I'm a perfectionist, so once someone sends me their hard earned money I feel 100% obligated to deliver exactly what was promised. We're talking down to the last flower petal. Wink Additionally, I realize there's a level of trust that must be met. If we do decide to move forward, I would be completely transparent about how much money was 'raised', would provide details regarding which florist was used, and would also be sure to scan or take a photo of the receipt.

A few more things to ponder ...

I don't want to mislead anyone or give the impression of false hope. As of this moment, the show is not coming back next year. If we're honest with ourselves, we probably have less than a 1% chance of getting season 8. However, we do have the infamous 7th Heaven resurrection as our shining beacon of hope.

When we started the Great8Mandate campaign in February, people laughed about our chances of getting season 8. As we were mailing our letters of support, other fan-bases heckled our enthusiasm and called us crazy. Then slowly, over the next few months, the Great8Mandate began to make a name for itself ... optimism for season 8 grew ... and eventually we heard reports that a 13-episode deal was all but in the bag. Back in February, how many people (both Gilmore fans and naysayers) truly predicted we would even get that far?

I don't really see a huge difference between then and now. People thought we were crazy then and I'm sure think we're crazy now for holding out hope. I'm fine with that. As I've said before, until I hear Lauren declare the show dead or until the Upfronts on May 17th I will have hope. However small it may be.

Let's reiterate ...

This is the question I'm asking ... would anyone be interested in sending me money via PayPal, with the goal of pooling our resources to send one big bouquet of daisies? Please note, there are many ways to participate in the Great8Mandate. This is just one of the many. Don't feel bad if this isn't up your alley. I don't want anyone to donate money if it will be a financial hardship. No one should miss a meal because they sent me money to pay for daises (that would just be silly). Additionally, it's only fair to go into this with your eyes wide open. This gesture probably won't save our Girls. You probably won't receive any kind of thank you from Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis. This is simply our way of trying to persuade the powers that be. Our way of knowing that we did everything possible to save our favorite show.

With that said, I'm all in. Even if no one joins me, I'll be sending my own bouquet. Hearts

~Heidi

Oh man. If I have known that last night I could have put $40 in!
I sent a nice vase of daisies that will be delivered Tuesday.

This is a great idea though!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
ieia
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: May 05, 2007, 05:46:21 am »

I do have a lot of free time right now. I would be more than happy to help. I want a season eight so bad.
I want the season 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Angry
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: May 05, 2007, 06:22:12 am »

@Heidi
For me this would be a great way to participate in the flower thing, because it's far too expensive to order from here. So if there's a PayPal-action - I'm in. And I completely trust you to send the flowers I've paid for.
(If this doesn't work out, I'll still send them in August, when I'll be in L.A., or even deliver it personally!!!!!!!!!!!!)

@Rob
As you seem to know pretty much about that stuff - would you think that it makes sense to try this also via the European companies who advertise during the GG-show? Or would you think that it'll make sense to contact the two networks that show GG in Austria and Germany? I'm really willing to do this if this makes sense? Just somebody who knows better tell me how!!!!

I'm not stopping to campaign until they show something else on Tuesday night in the US....  Angry Angry Angry

iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: May 05, 2007, 06:27:26 am »

Ok I am going to send letters and the mandate flyers out like crazy this week. I am not ready to say good by to them just yet!!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4091 on: May 05, 2007, 06:45:15 am »

@Heidi
For me this would be a great way to participate in the flower thing, because it's far too expensive to order from here. So if there's a PayPal-action - I'm in. And I completely trust you to send the flowers I've paid for.
(If this doesn't work out, I'll still send them in August, when I'll be in L.A., or even deliver it personally!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Billie, it's too expensive to order flowers from here (Europe) to be delivered in the US, so if the Paypal thing successes, I'm in too.

Another question, does Ellen Degeneres show have that phone messaging system.In which people can send phone messages from home and they appear on the screen?
I guess that, if they also have this, we can send tons of messages while Lauren is on. I know that the interview has been already recorded but, I guess it's another idea.
If so, at what time is Ellen's show, so I could also send a message from Spain.

I'm writing more emails as I speak...see ya later

MoodDejaVu
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: May 05, 2007, 06:49:00 am »

I can not believe they are doing this. They cant cancel a show loved by sooooo many people: it's cruel I am just in shock. Huh Star I am just freaking out. I have scene every episode numerous †(I probably spelled that wrong) times because each and everyone has a different meaning that I personanly need in my life. These episodes, this show has meant so much to me and now they are just cancelling it. WHY? I'm going to miss this show soooo much. And another question how can they finish so much in 2 episodes? Huh Huh Huh Huh

Alex! Is who I am
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: May 05, 2007, 06:55:03 am »

When is Lauren going to be on Ellen? I just e-mailed Dawn Ostroff and I am going to mail out my letters now Smiley Keep mandating!
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: May 05, 2007, 07:04:08 am »

When is Lauren going to be on Ellen? I just e-mailed Dawn Ostroff and I am going to mail out my letters now Smiley Keep mandating!

Lauren is on Ellen on Tuesday May 8th, the same day as the new eppi

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: