The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:44:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734275 times)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: May 04, 2007, 08:39:29 pm »

Just sent e-mails! And I'm kinda shocked because I actually feel better about this whole thing after sending the e-mails, I truly believe we can do this!
Keep up the great work Wink!

We need season 8 Star
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:51:02 pm by Lucie » Logged

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 04, 2007, 09:03:34 pm »

I'm working on a daisy chain letter letter kind of thing for everyone to send either in an e-mail or a letter (but preferably a letter  Wink ) What I'm basically going for is having a daisy represent a Gilmore Girls fan. I'll post it here when it's done.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: May 04, 2007, 09:40:42 pm »

I was at a party where they were doing airbrushing, ya know, everyone else got hats and t-shirts and stuff with their names on it.. guess what i got on my pillow!! lol.. the airbrush person was like.. uhh.. okay.. lol.. it was funny.. it looks good tho and i sleep with it everynight  Grin

Aw, I love the pillow.. I want one!! haha Smiley
scarlett1821
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 04, 2007, 09:48:17 pm »

Wow! So it's over. That is horrible!!! I have loved watching this show, because I could identify so well with the characters, being a single mom at a very young age...blah, blah. My daughter is now nine, and I have her addicted to the Gilmore Girls too; we seriously spent all day Sunday watching a GG marathon last weekend. The show is one of the few things that is acceptable for kids and enertaining for adults/parents as well. I'm very upset about this and will do what I can. Great website, with info and all...Thanks
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: May 04, 2007, 09:53:32 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It just can't be!! In my anger- I'm going to take this out on Kristen and her half hearted Save one Show campaign grrrrr we WON- and she didn't do anything to help us. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Cry
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 04, 2007, 09:54:14 pm »

Okay- now I'm a bit calmer.... what can i do to help? We have to keep trying!
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: May 04, 2007, 09:56:07 pm »

Hi.
I am new to this board and a die hard Gilmore Fan. It was definitely a shock to me to hear about the sad news; I could barely concentrate the rest of the day at work and at home either.  I was actually feeling pretty bad about it and though it is supposed to be a "tv show" to me it meant more because i was attached to the characters. anyways, I came to this site and saw that fans were still willing to bend out on the limb and fight to the very end and I find that very encouraging and hopeful and I am crossing my fingers that that it will help.  we just need a few more episodes- that's it just to get a L/L wedding! I am not sure if 13 wouldbe too much but least a few more than what we have now.  I think the efforts are great here but I wanted to make a suggestion to post on tvguide, imbd., gilmoregirlsnews, all boards and therefore mobilize more fans. most people on the other boards have accepted it but if they are aware of this campagin they will hopefully think otherwise. Great job to everyone for persisting! I love the idea of sending this to Ellen.  and Kristen at E! and Auselio who claaims to be BFF with LG .
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:01 pm »

I'm working on a daisy chain letter letter kind of thing for everyone to send either in an e-mail or a letter (but preferably a letter Smiley ) What I'm basically going for is having a daisy represent a Gilmore Girls fan. I'll post it here when it's done.

Okay, this is what I came up with, feel free to add to it! Hopfully if this gets to the studios by lots of people as a chain letter or snail mail (whatever you want to call it), it could make a difference!

A single yellow daisy may not seem like much, but it sure does mean a lot. A single yellow daisy means not wanting to say goodbye to two girls that have filled lives with laughter and tears. It means doing anything possible to get one more year. It means loving a little corner of the world. It means a television show being more than just a television show. It means sharing an obsession with friends. It means mother/daughter bonding. It means counting the days until Tuesday arrives. It means being there until the last cup of coffee. A daisy means all of these things because a daisy represents Gilmore Girls fans everywhere. As an individual, we do not stand out as much. But when we all come together, as does a bouquet of daisies, specifically 1,000 yellow daisies, we are noticed and share in one goal….to have Gilmore Girls return for an 8th season. Here is my daisy with my hope of Gilmore Girls continuing for an 8th season.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:03:23 pm by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 04, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

out of curiousity, is anyone targeting this campaign at other actors besides LG and AB.. i know they probably signed contracts but would it be likely that if they were also included in the campaigns it might help in influencing the actresses (if they were the deal breakers) or the network to show how sincere and loyal we are (as if the fans haven't already!)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 04, 2007, 10:24:31 pm »

out of curiousity, is anyone targeting this campaign at other actors besides LG and AB.. i know they probably signed contracts but would it be likely that if they were also included in the campaigns it might help in influencing the actresses (if they were the deal breakers) or the network to show how sincere and loyal we are (as if the fans haven't already!)

We haven't really been focussing on anyone besides the 2 lead girls because everyone but them are on board for more. Vanessa Marano (April) however has come on the site to show her support. She (I think) took a book of letters we wrote back to the cast saying how much we want another season and why, etc so everyone cast-wise should knows about us.

btw how did the book thing go? I don't remember hearing what happened with that! I know minilorelai gave her the book but did it get to the cast and how did they react?

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: May 04, 2007, 10:24:43 pm »

i love the dasiy idea!
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: May 04, 2007, 10:44:56 pm »

Hey Everyone,

So, this sucks.  But, to echo the awesome spirit here, It ain't over till it's over.  I'm loving the daisy idea, will be doing everything I can from here.

Also, it was a while back, but does anyone else remember David Kronke's support of the idea of a Season 8?  He wrote an article, even replied to email we sent him (gasp!)?  I've sent him a note, just in case.  Anyone who wants to do the same, please do - any publicity we can get on our side is helpful...

This is what I sent - to the point, just looking for any support.

Mr Kronke,

I'm writing to you again as I'm sure you've heard by now of the Gilmore Girls' cancellation.

Needless to say, I am one of multitudes of fans vastly unhappy with this decision.

Fans the world over, particularly those involved in gilmoregirls.org's Great8Mandate have not given up - the fight's not over until all hope of a Seventh Heaven-style revival is gone.

If there is anything you could do in the way of publicity for this fight, even to email the network like the fans are, or to spread the word that the struggle to save this exceptional show goes on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for anything at all you can do.

With determination,

Jocelyn *****

OK, let's get this show back on the air!!

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”
Long live Stars Hollow!
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: May 04, 2007, 10:51:31 pm »

I think it is great that Vanessa Marano stopped by and was able to support the cause. I also think the daisy idea is a great idea! If everyone else but the two leading actresses are on board, it doesn't seem like this is a storyline issue but rathar a contract issue and the CW not wanting to pay out.  Because the CW basically stalled in negotiations with ASP, it seems that something is similiar is happening with the actresses and GG-the network isn't giving the actresses due respects.  I think, therefore it is great that the network is being targetted, although it wouldn't hurt to try to convince the actresses as well to restart negotiations as well.  What were they planning on replacing GG slot with? VM?  They could never fnd a show that could ever match GG.  I haven't been able to read all the posts yet (and probably won't be able to tonight) but I was wondering if there is some generic letter people are sending to get the network's attention or any other guidelines on how to write an effective letter to the network? I want to write a letter but I want to make sure that I write one that is persuasive Smiley
molarity1983
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: May 04, 2007, 10:54:36 pm »

This is a long shot but would it help to work with Seventh Heaven fans and find out some additional methods they were able to use to get the network to reverse its deicision?
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: May 04, 2007, 11:05:13 pm »

I was wondering if there is some generic letter people are sending to get the network's attention or any other guidelines on how to write an effective letter to the network? I want to write a letter but I want to make sure that I write one that is persuasive Smiley
I second this, I've been trying to write some decent letters but I'm just not a very good writer so I don't think they are up to par.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: