The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:26:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732310 times)
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: May 04, 2007, 02:32:16 pm »

I'm bringing this over from fanforum -- apparently posted by someone who attended the taping.  A different perspective for sure!  So weird she found out about it at a restaurant.  And where is her cell phone!?!   Cheesy

BTW, as previously mentioned, they have moved the Ellen schedule around and she is now going to be on Tuesday, May 8th!!!

Quote from: fanforum
I just saw Lauren tape an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that I think will air tomorrow. She said that she was not surprised since the conversations had been happening for a while, but said that it's "always strange to say goodbye". She reassured that the last episode would make a good season or series finale and that the show would never have lasted as long as it did without being sustained by the fans, she is "very grateful." Ellen asked her how she found out and she said she was out to dinner (last night, I think) and that the bartender asked if she was Lauren because her agent was calling for her and that's when he told her that they had decided to end the show. She seemed like she always does in interviews, cute, giggly, nervous....but didn't say much other than that about the show. It was mostly about her movie, Evan Almighty and how she doesn't want to talk about her love life on Ellen's show. I was disappointed she didn't say more but honestly think she is still blind-sided and doesn't really know what else to say. It's gotta be new to her just like it is to all of us.

THanks so much--I like this better than the TV guide excerpt.  And I hope she's right, that the season finale will be something we'll be satisfied with.  I can't really believe that though.  Can't help wondering what the backstory is here, what broke down in the negociations Huh
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: May 04, 2007, 02:56:10 pm »

I know what you mean because for a while now an eighth season has been considered even if it was a shortened season it was still a consideration and now out of the blue comes this announcement and I know that Alexis has been wanting out for a while now but it still seemed very sudden.
I can't see how two episodes can tie up all the loose ends.
And it doesn't seem right that David Rosenthal is going to be doing the very last episode it should be AS-P and Dan.  Sad

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4037 on: May 04, 2007, 03:18:37 pm »

I came up with this on photoshop.  Wink

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
oywiththapoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 9

Because you've gotta have F.A.I.T.H! Purple Ribbon

View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: May 04, 2007, 03:51:46 pm »

hey everyone

I still have hope for a season 8 and i dont know if that is just denial talking or if im just keeping the faith lol but i still cant believe it!!

anyway for english i have to write an essay on 'How does television impact on our daily lives?' and I'm thinking of incorporating the Great8Mandate into it as it shows how it doesnt just affect your opinions and thoughts but it comes through in everything you do. considering so many people have put so much work into this i'm sure it had a major impact on your lives.

so do i need any permission or anything to put this in the essay? and i was wondering if anybody had any funny or interesting stories about how it as impacted your life?

thanks alot

Damn it Gilmore, give 'em back their balls!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: May 04, 2007, 03:53:45 pm »

I'm bringing this over from fanforum -- apparently posted by someone who attended the taping.  A different perspective for sure!  So weird she found out about it at a restaurant.  And where is her cell phone!?!   Cheesy

BTW, as previously mentioned, they have moved the Ellen schedule around and she is now going to be on Tuesday, May 8th!!!

Quote from: fanforum
I just saw Lauren tape an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that I think will air tomorrow. She said that she was not surprised since the conversations had been happening for a while, but said that it's "always strange to say goodbye". She reassured that the last episode would make a good season or series finale and that the show would never have lasted as long as it did without being sustained by the fans, she is "very grateful." Ellen asked her how she found out and she said she was out to dinner (last night, I think) and that the bartender asked if she was Lauren because her agent was calling for her and that's when he told her that they had decided to end the show. She seemed like she always does in interviews, cute, giggly, nervous....but didn't say much other than that about the show. It was mostly about her movie, Evan Almighty and how she doesn't want to talk about her love life on Ellen's show. I was disappointed she didn't say more but honestly think she is still blind-sided and doesn't really know what else to say. It's gotta be new to her just like it is to all of us.

I've got to agree, thsi is great news about how *badly* the network handled telling Lauren.  All the more reason to pressure the network all through the weekend and well into Monday and Tuesday -- they *can* pull the interview and sub in another one because it's pretaped.  Even if they air it, continued campaigning thoughout the next 12 days could get the network back to the negotiating table.

Full Speed ahead.  The more news that comes out, such as this report that Lauren was essentially IMO blindsided, hurts the network severely by discrediting their decsion more and more.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  "Operation:  Daisy Duke" Day One.  Mojitos and Renewals, the two best things in the world.
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: May 04, 2007, 04:11:41 pm »

Hey Everyone!!!

I have a question. Is there any way we can get some media outlets know that we are still going to try to save our GG?

I mean some publicity would be good and perhaps sway the network execs to our way of thinking.

Does anyone have any contacts? Heidi, you are the backbone behind this movement so is there anyone else we can recruit to get our efforts some coverage? Even coverage on the internet would be helpful.

Can we enlist the webmasters of other (though less popular) GG fan sites to help?

Just thinking out loud.

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4041 on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:12 pm »

YAY!! Boy am I happy ... after searching like 4 hours for someone who offers flowers to 'reasonable' prices, who accepts AMEX and where u can place orders from outside U.S. I finally found someone and already ordered Smiley   (This was almost harder than graduating *lol*)

Here's a picture of the bouquet http://store.flowermoments.com/sku1880.html  .. Unfortunately she won't receive it before Tuesday - but I think that's still ok, right?

Thanks for you guys for explaining the latest article about Lauren being 'happy' that the show's over ... sounds reasonable to me - I just freaked out at the beginning (like always) .. I really should start thinking about something only for 5 minutes before having a breakdown *lol*

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: May 04, 2007, 04:25:28 pm »

WHAT!!!!!!!! oh my gosh, I just got home and was going on the internet when I saw the banner on gilmoregirls.org(my homepage) HOW can this be!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That means only 2 episodes left!!!! NOOOO!!!  This is so awful, ugh!!!  Why couldn't they just give Lauren and alexis more money, come on, this is like the CW's best show! ugh! no!!!!!!

we have to like get the entire US to watch these next two episodes....but the cw has to do its part by advertising that its the final 2 GG EVER!! (then previous fans will tune in like 7th Heaven and we BETTER get that 8th season)

*crying*  Past the shock, I'm so sad an upset to see my girls/show go.  I was really optomistic about there being an 8th season and now this is just awful.  I really can't belive it is actually happening.  ugh!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
lukenlorelai4ever5
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Don't stop believin' in a season 8!

View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: May 04, 2007, 04:33:01 pm »

Now i know i personally can't afford to send daisies =/ i've been google-ing 1000 yellow daisies trying to find pictures of enough, if i can't, i'll photoshop them all together, but either way, WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS CAN I SEND IT TO? i know an email is not nearly as effective as them having all of these actual daisies in front of them, but it's the best i can do at this time =/ anyone know the emails?

I can't afford them either.  If you find any pics can you send them to me?  I will look too!

Lorelai Gilmore: Where are you?
Luke Danes: Oh, I'm about an hour from 'If I lived here I'd blow my brains out.'
Lorelai Gilmore: Oh, I heard it's nice there this time of year.

J.J.
Noddie

Fav shows:
This 'n' Ugly Betty
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: May 04, 2007, 04:40:03 pm »

I feel exactly the same, after I got over the inital shock of it all, depression set in, and anger, and all the signs of it all.. denial.. you name it.. then you get a rage in you that wants to get fighting for it even if there is no hope left, but they have to notice our dedication, not to give up when things look gloomy, they will realize they we will not go down without a fight.  I printed our 10 letters on pink paper lol.. meant to be 20.. but ink ran out, gota get more.. and 20 flyers.. and im gonna use the rest of my cool envelopes, thrres likes 50 left.. and send them all out on Monday, I feel a glimmer of hope, but not so much.  I just wish there was more hope than what we've got, I don't know if i wanna spend money on flowers if no one gets them nor cares.. but im still thinking about it.. I like the paper daisy thing, but I gotta get like 5 more ink cartidges lol.. run out quickly.. maybe i'll just go make copies at the store.. i want it to be the next episode, but I don't.. b/c I know that the closer it gets to every episode.. the closer its time to say goodbye.. and i don't want to do that, but try and keep your spirits high and remember we'll always have things to talk about here and your not alone, everyone is dealing with this, like I am, so we can be depressed together and get through it together, just add this to our list of ailments LOL.. first from voting, carpel tunnel, then severe sleep deprevation, im sure headaches from staring at the screen for too long, hand aches from typing and writing so much, stress, and now depression, but soon hopefully happiness again when we look back and remember alll the good times  Grin  keep mandating, like crazy!! ready, set, copperboom!!

lukenlorelai4ever5
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: May 04, 2007, 04:46:22 pm »

Okay, disregard my previous message because I found a picture and I've sent the letter and picture to Dawn!  I hope this works! Smiley

Luke Danes: Oh, I'm about an hour from 'If I lived here I'd blow my brains out.'

J.J.
Noddie

Fav shows:
This 'n' Ugly Betty
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:50 pm »

Ok. So here's what I think: Maybe we are all in denial, but if that is the case, I think it's for the best. If we weren't in denial, we probably would have stopped fighting for season 8, and we can't stop now, we have worked too hard for this. So keep up the amazing work, and hopefully something amazing will come from it!
 ;)Lucie

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

lukenlorelai4ever5
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: May 04, 2007, 04:50:59 pm »

Ok. So here's what I think: Maybe we are all in denail, but if that is the case, I think it's for the best. If we weren't in denial, we probably would have stopped fighting for season 8, and we can't stop now, we have worked too hard for this. So keep up the amazing work, and hopefully something amazing will come from it!
 ;)Lucie

Yes!  So true!  I quite agree!  Let's keep on working hard! Smiley

J.J.
Noddie

Fav shows:
This 'n' Ugly Betty
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4048 on: May 04, 2007, 04:54:05 pm »

Ok. So here's what I think: Maybe we are all in denail, but if that is the case, I think it's for the best. If we weren't in denial, we probably would have stopped fighting for season 8, and we can't stop now, we have worked too hard for this. So keep up the amazing work, and hopefully something amazing will come from it!
 ;)Lucie

Yes!  So true!  I quite agree!  Let's keep on working hard! Smiley

There's really no reason to give up until we hear either ... Lauren declare the show dead and gone, or until the May 17th Upfronts.  We've been at this for months, an extra week isn't going to kill us.  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
nodaybuttuesday
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 42

you're breaking my little lit heart... *Ingrid*

View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: May 04, 2007, 05:25:44 pm »

You guys, what are we going to do with our Tuesdays???  We'll just have to watch re-runs.  Sad day :-(

Literati for life~'I can't help it- I'm addicted'~Java Junkies
Hi Rory! What are you doing? What are you wearing? What are you thinking? What about now? Do you miss me? Do you think I'm pretty? Where do babies come from?
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: