The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:43:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766356 times)
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: May 04, 2007, 01:48:50 pm »

Also-- Maybe someone who is computer/graphic savvy can come up with a button for us Daisy Dukes?    Grin

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: May 04, 2007, 01:50:33 pm »

eek, that was awful news. it killed my encouraging spirit.

i'm gonna be a downer here and say, if the cw gave up, and our girls don't want to continue anymore, is there even something to fight for now?

ugh. looks like i'm going to need something encouraging now!

ps; how could we possibly have forgotten pj harvey for our list to go on the cd? shame on us!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: May 04, 2007, 01:55:11 pm »

^^ I think this is why it’s important to keep sending letters to the girls.  If the network approaches them about uncanceling we want the fans support to continue to be fresh in their minds
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:47 pm »

"I think it's really a good thing.... It's the best thing for the show, and I feel really good about it." As reported by the Miami Herald, Graham then toasts the series' end by throwing back a mojito delivered to her and a La-Z-Boy-ridden Ellen by a remote-controlled robot.

Oh.  

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
rory1027
Town Resident

Community Points: -9

View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: May 04, 2007, 01:59:26 pm »

how is gg doing in the poll is it winning someone please message me the answer i will be so mad if they stop the show i wrote a letter to loran

images06.alloy.com/.../1398/degr
Oywithepoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: May 04, 2007, 02:00:48 pm »

I feel depressed.  I had trouble sleeping last night, I had trouble concentrating this mornin, I am not hungry, and usually if I haven't eaten a snack by now I am eagerly counting down the minutes until dinner.  I also have had a pit in my stomach all day and I can't think of anything fun that I can do.  I feel the character in the Zoloft commercials.  Last night I prayed for a change of heart, and I will continue doing that everynight until May 17.  Anyone else feeling signs of depression.  I guess we can add depression when news of the GGs cancellation as a sign that you are unhealthily obsessed.  Maybe with prayers, we can pull a Seventh Heaven, but if Lauren Graham is supposedly happy its over, I can't imagine that happening unless Divine Intervention kicks in.  

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4026 on: May 04, 2007, 02:02:41 pm »

how is gg doing in the poll is it winning someone please message me the answer i will be so mad if they stop the show i wrote a letter to loran

which poll do you mean? There have been so many Wink

... as for the latest ... while reading those lines a unconvenient feeling in my stomach came up again - like yesterday!! Sad  
... should I still try to find a cheap way to send daisies? Is there still hope? I know you don't wanna hear questions that sound so negative, but I just can't help it  Cry   Cry

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: May 04, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »

I'm bringing this over from fanforum -- apparently posted by someone who attended the taping.  A different perspective for sure!  So weird she found out about it at a restaurant.  And where is her cell phone!?!   Cheesy

BTW, as previously mentioned, they have moved the Ellen schedule around and she is now going to be on Tuesday, May 8th!!!

Quote from: fanforum
I just saw Lauren tape an interview with Ellen DeGeneres that I think will air tomorrow. She said that she was not surprised since the conversations had been happening for a while, but said that it's "always strange to say goodbye". She reassured that the last episode would make a good season or series finale and that the show would never have lasted as long as it did without being sustained by the fans, she is "very grateful." Ellen asked her how she found out and she said she was out to dinner (last night, I think) and that the bartender asked if she was Lauren because her agent was calling for her and that's when he told her that they had decided to end the show. She seemed like she always does in interviews, cute, giggly, nervous....but didn't say much other than that about the show. It was mostly about her movie, Evan Almighty and how she doesn't want to talk about her love life on Ellen's show. I was disappointed she didn't say more but honestly think she is still blind-sided and doesn't really know what else to say. It's gotta be new to her just like it is to all of us.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 02:06:46 pm by wmushell » Logged

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: May 04, 2007, 02:08:19 pm »

Oh! Thank you for sharing that! I don't think Lauren would want to end the series like that. She probably just has to say that she supports the decision, or some kind of small feud would come up...At least that's what the optimistic side of me is saying.

August 6th! 
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: May 04, 2007, 02:09:12 pm »

I am thinking 100% positive today, and that's how it's going.  Even if LG is happy with the ending, that is no call to give up.  She is not a fan of the show, she is the actress.  I don't know if she watches it, but my guess is not.  She might not know the feelings it brings to people.  But I am merely speculating.  I sent my letters, and let go 1000 wishes as I dropped them in the mailbox.  

I would love to send daisies but my budget won't allow it...so I'll send lots of letters over the next week or so.  Mandate mandate mandate!!  

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: May 04, 2007, 02:13:08 pm »

Oh! Thank you for sharing that! I don't think Lauren would want to end the series like that. She probably just has to say that she supports the decision, or some kind of small feud would come up...At least that's what the optimistic side of me is saying.

I agree - remember that she does have to have some amount of diplomacy here.  It would be incredibly unwise for her to show up on national tv and call out the network.  She was definitely scheduled to talk about Evan Almighty and it sounds like she just found out about the cancellation the night before the taping.  She still needs to work in this town, plus she has a production company she's responsible for so really can't afford to burn bridges.

xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 04, 2007, 02:14:20 pm »

So Lauren Graham is on Ellen on Tuesday?

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4032 on: May 04, 2007, 02:17:25 pm »

Shocked

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?! Are you serious?? NO WAY! This is it. The end of the world. I wonder what it will be like.. Fire. Brimstone. Bush in a bikini singing The Star Spangled Banner. Whatever it is, we'll find out in two weeks.

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 04, 2007, 02:19:35 pm »

Shocked

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?! Are you serious?? NO WAY! This is it. The end of the world. I wonder what it will be like.. Fire. Brimstone. Bush in a bikini singing The Star Spangled Banner. Whatever it is, we'll find out in two weeks.

Hee hee, Shary this post is the first thing that's made me smile all day!   Cheesy

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 04, 2007, 02:23:43 pm »

This is from TVguide.com     http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Todays-News/Gilmores-Graham-Cancellation/800014283

Gilmore's Graham: Cancellation Is "Best " for Show

In a segment taped to air on Tuesday's The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Lauren Graham says she is not at all surprised by the recent events that led to the CW's Gilmore Girls not continuing on for another season. "It was a comversation that was going on for a long time," says Graham, who with TV daughter Alexis Bledel had been in long-running contract talks with the network. "I think it's really a good thing.... It's the best thing for the show, and I feel really good about it." As reported by the Miami Herald, Graham then toasts the series' end by throwing back a mojito delivered to her and a La-Z-Boy-ridden Ellen by a remote-controlled robot.

Dudes, that's just spin.  Lauren is a team player and if she thought that it was really good to end the show now, she wouldn't have been in contract talks in the first place.  I appreciate that she's trying to put on a good face for us -- she gives good spin and she might even be satisfied with the season finale as made being the series finale -- but in being in talks with the network in the first place, not even she can spin away the clear read-between-the-lines indication that she wanted the show to go on.

So, business as usual, the campaign goes on -- keep those flowers comin' -- to Dawn Ostroff.

1) It ain't over 'til the Upfronts

and

2) Ellen is a Warner-produced show and because of Ellen's serious back problems, they could conceivably pull Lauren's segment at the last minute and sub in a segment from another day if they want to.  So our first big push in "Operation: Daisy Duke" needs to start NOW. Send flowers today, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.  Your local florist takes orders on weekends (Saturdays, at the very least) and FTD and other websites take orders 24/7 if you can afford it.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  "Operation:  Daisy Duke"  Day One.  Keep those flowers comin'.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: