The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:18:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765397 times)
logansLover
« Reply #4005 on: May 04, 2007, 01:19:34 pm »

I have just e-mailed People, and am about to e-mail Dawn AGAIN.
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: May 04, 2007, 01:21:42 pm »

what if we cut out 1000 daisies each ? ( i know it's alot!) but we can even just snail mail 1000 paper yellow daisies from each of us from those of us who can't afford to send real ones!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: May 04, 2007, 01:24:13 pm »

anyone interested in cutting out a thousand daisies, this is one you can print, cut, and trace to send out! hope this helps, i know 1000 is a huge amount, but even a few from each of us will help!

KEEP SENDING REAL ONES IF YOU CAN GUYS!

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: May 04, 2007, 01:25:53 pm »

Eek, sorry guys, that was the wrong picture =/

here's the one i wanted to refer to:

sorry it's so huge, i don't know how to resize on here =/

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: May 04, 2007, 01:26:09 pm »

oooh i'll email that picture now of all those daisies!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: May 04, 2007, 01:26:38 pm »

I'm going to send some daises too.  I gotta figure out which flower shop I'm going to use.  I just hope Dawn is the one who is responsible for this...

Let's put it this way, if Dawn isn't responsible for The CW backing away from the negotiating table (which appears to be what happened), then she's still the best one to send daisies to because, as President of the network, she can reports whatever she receives from this campaign to anyone above her at the parent corporations who might be responsible for the CW's bad decision.  I think she's the nexus of all realities through which to spread the word throughout the company, even to the actors.

Also, a reminder to those sending emails and/or voicemails since it came up again in a couple of posts:  DO NOT FLOOD ANY INDIVIDUAL AT THE CW OR WARNERS WITH MULTIPLE VOICE MAILS OR E-MAILS.  It will do the exact opposite of what you intend because it's considered spamming and more or less harrassment.  They want to hear from as many individuals as possible.  And Snail Mail is a better way to do it than either email or voicemail because it's a tangible representation of the viewership's sentiments while electronic forms of correspondence are more abstract (because you can't hold them in your hands) and therefore easy to forget.  And remember to BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  They already know that we're all upset, we just need to reinforce our presence in terms of the sheer number of individuals contacting them.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  "Operation:  Daisy Duke"  Day One.  Save the Lorelais, Save the World.
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: May 04, 2007, 01:29:54 pm »

er, sorry for posting a million times in a row! but i guess i'm making up for being at work all day tomorrow! lol.

i've been watching my entire series of gilmore girls recently, and i just realized i'm on my 6th dvd of the 6th season! AND NOW I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO WATCH, besides regular tv, but who wants that? WHEN DOES THE 7TH SEASON COME OUT ON DVD? now i know it hasn't even FINISHED yet, but i was hoping someone might know, i'm thinking september. but does anyone know for sure?

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:45 pm »

Did the CW announce that Gilmore girls is cancled or are this just rumors? I will keep mandating until we get word from the CW it's not over till it's over!
logansLover
« Reply #4013 on: May 04, 2007, 01:35:10 pm »

Here, try this pic.

ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: May 04, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »

who else is gonna send flowers, if a bunch of us do, I will also..

I did, too!   Smiley

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: May 04, 2007, 01:37:20 pm »

iluvgilmoregirls

it's offical that gilmore girls is cancelled, no eight season - the cw has made the announcement.

BUT KEEP MANDATING

we're hoping for a turn around just like 7th heaven

it's not over til may 17th!! so don't give up til then, despite what the cw has told us!

if you re-read the past few posts you'll see some people are trying to send real yellow daisies to the cw in order to make an impact, we are all trying still to save the show, so you should to! keep writing letters, keep emailing, send daisies, or hell, WHATEVER YOU CAN just to keep it fresh in their minds that GILMORE GIRL FANS ARE NOT GIVING UP SO EASILY!

logansLover
« Reply #4016 on: May 04, 2007, 01:39:45 pm »

Great Pep, Asenseofhope!!!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4017 on: May 04, 2007, 01:42:08 pm »

DONT GIVE UP ORGERS!  REMEMBER 7TH HEAVEN??  IF THEY CAN DO IT, SO CAN WE!
cause we're so much cooler!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: May 04, 2007, 01:45:30 pm »

ha thanks! now that i've spent my night crying, i'm working today on just being angry, and turning that anger into encouragement to get my way! lol

now:

HEIDI does this mean you'll stop running the org? because even though the show is done, i would hope i would still be able to go back to your site and enjoy the memories!! it was after all, just years ago i was submitting fanart to you! lol. i would hope i could still come back and look at everything you've done for us over the past few years!

Despite everything, i hope you know how much we've appreciated your site, and what you've done for us! So even if we don't get a season 8  Sad i hope you still know that we've appreciated everything you've done for us!

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: May 04, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »

This is from TVguide.com     http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Todays-News/Gilmores-Graham-Cancellation/800014283

Gilmore's Graham: Cancellation Is "Best " for Show

In a segment taped to air on Tuesday's The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Lauren Graham says she is not at all surprised by the recent events that led to the CW's Gilmore Girls not continuing on for another season. "It was a comversation that was going on for a long time," says Graham, who with TV daughter Alexis Bledel had been in long-running contract talks with the network. "I think it's really a good thing.... It's the best thing for the show, and I feel really good about it." As reported by the Miami Herald, Graham then toasts the series' end by throwing back a mojito delivered to her and a La-Z-Boy-ridden Ellen by a remote-controlled robot.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: