The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:07:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766133 times)
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3990 on: May 04, 2007, 11:52:21 am »

Thank you for the explanation!  I just sent a "spring daisy basket" from 1-800-flowers.  Please tell me others are doing the same.  Smiley  

And you know it really made me feel better to DO something.  

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: May 04, 2007, 11:58:25 am »

Are we sure that it wasn't Alexis who stalled negotiations?  I'd hate to send all of this stuff to Dawn when it could be Alexis who is the one who held things up...
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: May 04, 2007, 12:08:00 pm »

I've been asking that, too.  I wonder what the network can do if AB and LG were the ones who decided not to return?   In any case, I'd send daisies to Lauren and Alexis, too-- if I thought they'd get them.

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: May 04, 2007, 12:13:33 pm »

Wait, we don't hate anybody, right? I mean, they've worked so long and hard for us, and trying to find fault seems a bit insensitive to the people who just lost their jobs. The producers couldn't "strike a deal" with ASP a year ago, and the backlash hurt everyone.

A boycott? By a strange coincidence, Smallville is the only CW show I'll be tuned into next year, anyway.

Speaking of Smallville, if the actual production of the show seems too difficult to manage for the people left onboard, maybe they could support a simpler format, like podcasting a spinoff animated series as with DC Heroes. I'd subscribe to it. Smiley

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3994 on: May 04, 2007, 12:20:56 pm »

Are we sure that it wasn't Alexis who stalled negotiations?  I'd hate to send all of this stuff to Dawn when it could be Alexis who is the one who held things up...

Hi guys,

I can't say with 100% certainty because I honestly don't know, but if I were to make an educated guess based on all the information given to me (via my industry contacts, e-mail, news, etc.) ... I would indeed say it was the network who backed out.

Again, just my best guess at this point.  I am working hard to get additional details.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: May 04, 2007, 12:44:54 pm »

so i was thinking, we're not 100% sure WHY the deal didn't happen. it could be alexis, it could be lauren, or it could be the CW. so i was thinking, we should send letters/emails to all three, in these letters we could all include 7 different reasons why we want the show to come back (we can make plenty of references to Rob's captions! lol) -- (7 for the number of season's ovbiously) and our final 8th reason could all be the same, something simple, like WE LOVE OUR GIRLS, or WE NEED GILMORE GIRLS LIKE THE GIRLS NEED THIER COFFEE, something simple, but ALL the same, (i'm big on things having one extra for good luck) so we can ALL have 8 reasons to save gilmore girls, and the 8th reason all being the same, to support an 8th season pretty much. i know that this doesnt sound like much, but maybe if they saw how many of us really were going together on this it could get their attention, just like the daisies for dawn o!!

idk, it might be stupid, but it's an idea! and one that can be sent to all people involved!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: May 04, 2007, 12:50:54 pm »

OH! and not everyone even knows about this great 8 mandate! so i was thinking, myspace is huge! i'm messaging a few people who i'm friends with dealing with gilmore girls, encouraging them to post things to help save the GG, to support the great 8 and of course, HELP OUT! so of course i don't know everyone who can help, so maybe we can all do this?! get the word out there that we need the support now more then EVER!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: May 04, 2007, 12:51:28 pm »

Okay, here's the official announcement of

Operation:  Daisy Duke.

In which we send real daisies to Dawn Ostroff, President of the CW (address later in this post) in order to urge her to work one last time with Lauren and Alexis to revoke the cancellation of Gilmore Girls.

1)  Why "Operation:  Daisy Duke"?  Because the show has made some very amusing equations between Lorelai and the hottest Dukes cousin, including having Lorelai drive a jeep (just like Daisy did), having Lorelai wear Daisy Dukes to her meeting with Headmaster Charleston on Rory's first day at Chilton, because Stars Hollow is the set where Hazzard County used to exist and because the exterior of Lorelai's house is the exterior of Uncle Jesse's house.  And because the many ironies inherent in the show's premise strongly suggest that we'll have better luck than Max did with the daisies.

2)  There are many sources on the web and in your own backyard to send daisies through.  Many of the online florists only promote $40 vase arrangements of daisies, which may be beyond a Gg fan's budget.  One of Heidi's inquiries into a store located in Burbank stated that daisies can be ordered for as little as $1.50 per stem ($18 per dozen).  If you are willing to order your daisies through that store, then I think that the quantity of daisies ordered would be as profitable for that store as ordering a fewer amount of more expensive daisies would be.  So here's the address of the store to try:

Magnolia Flowers & Gifts
(818) 569-0229
- Daisies were available for $1.50 per stem.  According to the florist 1-2 dozen stems would make a nice vase. 

A dozen daisies would likely come in a typical cellophane wrap if they're bought by the stem.  And remember, you can also order daisies through FTD, 1-800flowers.com and other websites and even your local florists.  Order the daisies in the way that is best for you.

3) Send yellow daisies ONLY because that's the color of Lorelai.  If whoever you order from is out of yellow daisies (unlikely, but still . . .) then, sure, go with white daisies, but Yellow is the color.

4) Send your daisies to Dawn Ostroff at the following address:  

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

4)  You can, of course, send small message cards with your bouquet.  The rule is this:  BE POLITE AND POSITIVE.  Do NOT write anything like "I hate you because you cancelled Gilmore Girls!" or "I'm sad that you cancelled Gimore Girls" or "I won't watch The CW ever again unless you uncancel Gilmore Girls."  I totally understand and respect those feelings, but, after all, it's not something that Lorelai or Rory would do in this situation.  Instead, write something like "Please renew Gilmore Girls!" or "Please uncancel Gilmore Girls" and sign it with at least your name and address so that they know how far Gg's fanbase has spread throughout the country and the world.

5) DEADLINE: EVERYDAY is the official deadline.

I'll do big pushes on Sunday the 6th and Sunday the 13th to encourage sending flowers on Gilmore Tuesdays, but the more constant the stream of daisies delivered to Ostroff on a daily basis between now and May 16th, the day before the CW's Upfront (Fall Schedule Announcement) is revealed, the better.  Again, the last day for same day deliveries is May 16th, but other than that, *every* day is deadline day for the campaign.

6) Please post to this thread when you've sent a bouquet.  I'll keep a running total and post updates periodically.  Even one hundred bouquets of just a dozen daisies sent to Ms. Ostroff will surpass the 1000 mark of daisies from LD&T and I am sure that we'll send a lot more than that.

7)  Please spread the word of "Operation:  Daisy Duke" around to other MBs and forums that have enthusiastic Gilmore supporters.

Okay?  Okay!

Ready.  Set.  GO!

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Operation:  Daisy Duke doth now commenceth!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 01:42:23 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: May 04, 2007, 01:00:03 pm »

Now i know i personally can't afford to send daisies =/ i've been google-ing 1000 yellow daisies trying to find pictures of enough, if i can't, i'll photoshop them all together, but either way, WHAT EMAIL ADDRESS CAN I SEND IT TO? i know an email is not nearly as effective as them having all of these actual daisies in front of them, but it's the best i can do at this time =/ anyone know the emails?

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: May 04, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »

who else is gonna send flowers, if a bunch of us do, I will also..

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4000 on: May 04, 2007, 01:03:44 pm »

who else is gonna send flowers, if a bunch of us do, I will also..

I've gotten e-mails from a few fans who already have ... and we only posted the flower-sending information a couple of hours ago.  Not bad.  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4001 on: May 04, 2007, 01:04:56 pm »

I am definitely going to send flowers!! Still have some research to do though cause I have to find the cheapest company for ordering online as I don't have to option to order them at a local florist.

I am going to post immediately after I placed an order! Wink

Thanks Rob for putting all the information together in one post ... and thanks for everyone of you for not giving up and sticking together for our goal!!!

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: May 04, 2007, 01:07:05 pm »

OK so i'm gonna send a bunch of emails now because I really really really don't want to let the girls go!!!
well done to all the flower-senders! this Daisy Duke thing is a really good idea by the way!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: May 04, 2007, 01:10:56 pm »

I'm going to send some daises too.  I gotta figure out which flower shop I'm going to use.  I just hope Dawn is the one who is responsible for this...
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: May 04, 2007, 01:15:15 pm »

I sent like 7 e-mails to Dawn, I wonder how much they listen to that comment phone line.. if I were to call.. and.. Im about to send out like 50 flyers with attached letters, and if alotta people do that flower thing, Im in on that.. b/c this still feels like a true nightmare, like im in a fog or something.. I need to go buy more stamps tho lol.. and make return address labels b/c my hand hurts after writing my address like 20 times over.. alright Copperboom people, lets go! I feel a little better today, but I really hope we can turn this decision around, I wish I could talk in person or on the phone with Dawn or someone there.. and explain it rather than hoping they get these letters and stuff..  I feel like the world will stop when the last episode airs and I envision everyone sitting in front of their tv's attentivily watching the last episode of gilmore girls and the whole world crying at the same time, like everything else stops and thats the only thing.. LoL. it reminds me of the movie the truman show with Jim Carey when everyoine around the world gathers around to watch him find his way out of that fake world and through the door and watching the end of the show, but a new beginning for his life.. I guess think of it that way.. end of the show.. but a new beginning for our imaginations about how their life keeps going and how people will still love the show years from now and keep writing about it and stuff.. keeps my hope a little higher.. but this news blindsided me like a slap in the face or something.. but anything we can do to change their minds.. Im all in

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: