The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:52:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734750 times)
Da girls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: May 04, 2007, 09:17:01 am »

Yes the CW Network is worthless, just putting it nicely.  
GG is about the only show worth watching on there!!!  What will they have without their best show next year?  Stupid reality shows........no family shows that any parent will sit and watch their kids.  Or that teen agers and young children can learn anything from (moral issues, etc.), or even want to relate to.

I wonder if they will at least give us a 2 hour finale if it is a series finale! Huh
We still have hope and time to get our letters sent out.  We won't go down without a fight. Fight

What does Ms. Ostroff know about entertainment Grin  I will boycott the network this fall if they don't have GG.  It probably won't do any good, but I seriously don't know how they can make it with what they have!!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:17 am »

the cw is so sure that their fall line up is good enough? LETS SHOW THEM IT'S NOT. i say we write the cw and explain to them that without GG we WON'T WATCH. and since i highly doubt they'll take our threat seriously, i say come september we don't watch! i know it seems drastic and too late to get gg back, but we should atleast teach them a lesson to listen when the fans speak!

yep... I really don't think I will watch CW anymore... I watch 7th Heaven, but it's not returning next fall either... and I watch One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars, but I could definitely live without them.   Especially One Tree Hill... that show is totally corny lol.    I do like Veronica Mars, but I am willing to boycott the CW and not watch it, cause this is the first season I've watched anyways only since it was on after GG....  I'm definitely not watching OTH anymore. 

I don't watch the CW outside of GG anyway, so this won't be a problem for me. Wink
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: May 04, 2007, 09:22:24 am »

Ok, Did anyone do the flowers idea?

And if not, why wasn't it put into action?

I would like to give it a go. I have a paypal account. All I would need is some donations, and....

haha. Ok, and address would be of some help.

Just let me know if anyone wants to organize something like this, I would be happy just to be a donater also.

Thanks!!!

Give me a little bit of time, I'm giong to do some research with any of my local florists that have an FTD sign in their windows to see if they've got arrangements of daisies appropriate to many Gg viewers' budgets.  The daisy choices on the FTD website are nice, but are a bit pricey -- $40 and up, but if you've got the money, go for it now.  Unfortunately, I don't think any florist takes paypal  Lips Sealed , so my suggestion would be to convert the paypal money back into real cash and perhaps see if your local florist is an FTD affiliate or part of some other national or internation chain.  Barring that, I suppose that anyone outside of the US and Canada are probably limited to sending paper daisies.  My suggestion in that case would simply be to put a couple dozen daisies (no bigger than trading card size) in with your note to whoever at the CW you choose to write to and add this:  "PS:  These would be real daisies if I didn't live overseas.  Grin   "  (Yes, complete with a happy face.)

Hope that helps,
Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I was wrong and cranky in my 5:30am CDT insomnia fade -- a messy cancellation deserves a messy organized uncancellation.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:26:19 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:06 am »

I'd have no problem boycotting the CW either, the only other show i watched was Smallville.  I can certainly live without that.  OK im off to mail this letter to Dawny Dawn... (i dont know where that came from...)

EDIT:  Do you think Dawn will get the whole daisies thing?? 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:37:08 am by LoveMeSomeGG » Logged
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: May 04, 2007, 09:47:22 am »

I only watch GG on the CW, so boycotting it would be no problem.  But in the long run, would a few hundred viewers do anything for them?  Probably not.  Not to be so negative, but it probably would be nothing more than a small bump for them.

I am actually quite scared that this could serve as either.  Season finale's usually leave a bit of wonder, something to encourage fans to come back and watch it in fall.  Even in Season 3 there wasn't much of a cliffhanger but we knew Rory was going to college and Lorelai and Rory were going to Europe.  I want Gilmore Girls to end with not a lot of questions.  I couldn't stand it if relationships were fresh in the series finale, or if Sookie was still pregnant.  So many things would bother me...so I hope it completes the show...although that doesn't seem possible. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
Rory Lover
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3965 on: May 04, 2007, 09:48:39 am »

You Must DO Gilmore Girls Season 8!! I WANT IT SO BADLY Cry !!!

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3966 on: May 04, 2007, 09:49:12 am »

Hi guys,

I'm rushing out the door on my way to work, but I've gotten so many inquiries about sending physical flowers to Dawn, Lauren, or Alexis that I did some quick research.  Below, you'll find prices from local florists (in Burbank).  When calling, I asked each florist how much 'a nice boquet of daises' would cost, including delivery.

Unfortunately, I have a pretty full day at work; however, if we have any go-getter Forumers ... please feel free to add to the list below, call a couple of florists to haggle about price, or find out how much one or two big daisy deliveries would cost.

This is just a starting point.  There are tons of florists in Burbank and I called about seven.  If you want to send flowers on your own (and please do), call and verify everything to your own satisfaction first.  And of course, the cheapest price might not be best.  Try and get a feel for each florist.  Maybe explain our cause, pull on those sympathy strings, etc.

Magnolia Flowers & Gifts
(818) 569-0229
- Daisies were available for $1.50 per stem.  According to the florist 1-2 dozen stems would make a nice vase.

Toluca Lake Florists
(818) 769-1150
- Spoke with a very nice guy.  Said he had Gerber daises in all shapes and colors.  Could put together a nice basket or vase from $45 on up.

Bent Willow Florist
(818) 760-1248
- Also had Gerber daises available.  $60 - $65.

Motion Pictures Flowers
(818) 845-1717
- Cheapest delivery is $35.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it's the list of florists I was calling ...

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&city=Burbank&state=CA&zip=91522-0001&uzip=91522&country=us&msa=4480&cs=9&ed=yg.MAa160SyNRKNfUMjo80hZB.jttNdre1105ReA_mTK1hnpV_FL93BzGYc6yplWPzN5dXxu5aaPfhJTH6UcnRAREw--&stx=10388546&stp=y&desc=Florists&qtx=flowers&offset=0&FBoffset=292&sp=1&doprox=1&sorttype=distance

I'll be back to check in as soon as possible. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Rory Lover
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3967 on: May 04, 2007, 09:51:18 am »

You Have To Continue Gilmore Girls Cry !!! Everyone Loves It n Everyone Will Watch It! Grin

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3968 on: May 04, 2007, 09:58:35 am »

I would first like to start off this post with an apology. I'm very sorry. A few pages ago I blew up. The news just hit me oh so very hard, I couldn't control myself. But that is by far no excuse. So again, I apolojize (sp?) to everyone.

Oh another note: I still stand by what I said. Dont get me wrong, this is a major blow to the head. But it cannot stop us. We still have two weeks to do as much Mandating as possible. After all, when everything is said and done we don't want to be sitting around going "We could've done more!" We need to do a lot so we can be going "We tried our best, did all we could do. All we can do is pray." So, as Rob said earlier We can break out the sob storys, sad music, and cookie dough later. We have work to do.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
logansLover
« Reply #3969 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:08 am »

Of course we can! I mean, just look at how many hits this thread has had since early this morning. If everyone that comes writes atleast one letter, there will be tons pouring in in the next few weeks! And, there is lways a chance that they will revive if we write thru the summer. Like starting late.
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3970 on: May 04, 2007, 10:16:01 am »

Oh another note: I still stand by what I said. Dont get me wrong, this is a major blow to the head. But it cannot stop us. We still have two weeks to do as much Mandating as possible. After all, when everything is said and done we don't want to be sitting around going "We could've done more!" We need to do a lot so we can be going "We tried our best, did all we could do. All we can do is pray." So, as Rob said earlier We can break out the sob storys, sad music, and cookie dough later. We have work to do.

Agreed, save the 'dark day' until we know it's definately over.  Smiley

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: May 04, 2007, 10:40:39 am »

geez, from last night to this morning there sure have been alot of pages written! but anyway, i'm sick and don't feel well, and frankly, don't have the time at the moment to go back and read the past 8 pages. lol. but in case anyone hasn't already stated this, which i'm sure they did,

the cw is so sure that their fall line up is good enough? LETS SHOW THEM IT'S NOT. i say we write the cw and explain to them that without GG we WON'T WATCH. and since i highly doubt they'll take our threat seriously, i say come september we don't watch! i know it seems drastic and too late to get gg back, but we should atleast teach them a lesson to listen when the fans speak!

Wow. YES, I agree!! I am going to write the CW (A calm. Don't worry. hehe) letter/E-mail.

Added to my list Smiley

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3972 on: May 04, 2007, 10:41:56 am »

Heidi,
I just wanna thank you for doing this research although you have a rough timetable!!

I am going to check out the list that u put online now and try to find a flower shop that does accept international orders & isn't too expensive!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:54:08 am by divine » Logged

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: May 04, 2007, 10:42:54 am »

i myself have been a cw/wb fan for years. watching almost every show they air during primetime. even one's im not such a huge fan of, such as supernatural and the pussycat dolls show. i've been a loyal fan constantly giving them chances for improvement. sure they had shows i've enjoyed, but nothing like gg (buffy is in second, but not nearly as close). They may not be losing a large variety of views from the people who only watch gg, but i guarantee they will lose someone who has supported them since i was 8 (that's going on twelve years now..) I will get my jess fix from watching heroes (which by the way i recommend!) and anything that i feel the need to try and fill the void of gg, i will wait and watch on you tube simply to not give them the ratings! that's if i can even bare to watch at all. they have lost me as a viewer, and good riddance to them! THEY DON'T DESERVE US. we've worked hard, and what's the point of having a network of shows if you don't listen TO WHAT THE FANS WANT? they've screwed themselves over and now they'll have to pay the price, IF WE HAVE TO DO WITHOUT OUR GIRLS, THEY HAVE TO DO WITHOUT THEIR VIEWERS, lets see how confindant they are in their lineup then!

SCREW THE CW. THE ONLY THING THEY GET FROM ME IS VIEWS ON THE LAST TWO EPISODES AND TO BUY ONE MORE SEASON OFF OF THEM. other than that, i don't give a shit about this network, the people working for it, or their damn- too good for us - line up.

keep doing what you can guys!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: May 04, 2007, 10:44:16 am »

who should i be writing at the cw to express my hatred on their decision? i'm not sure exactly, but i want to make sure they understand they've made the wrong decision here.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: