The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 12:47:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763493 times)
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: May 04, 2007, 08:15:52 am »

Not really a fan of ellen, but I will watch just for her!
Aw, I love Ellen!!

And I love watching GG reruns on ABC family... ohhhhhhh, the memories!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:18:42 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
logansLover
« Reply #3946 on: May 04, 2007, 08:17:52 am »

Ellen just bothers me for some reason! Probably because she is always dancing!
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: May 04, 2007, 08:18:45 am »

I think the shock just sunk in, because when I first read the news, i was upset. But now, I am bawling, and wanting to go back to bed. I need them! They have gotten me thru life!

Aw. That is sad. Come on now though. Perk up Smiley

There is still stuff we can do. I put up another post for Ellen's and Oprah's e-mail, and address.

You can also rewrite to all of the other people that you have wrote to.

I am sure you know whats what, I am just trying to perk you up. lol. Sorry if I am not doing such a great job with it. I know when I am super sad, I have no thoughts. Just sit here and die. lol Talk to you later

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3948 on: May 04, 2007, 08:20:33 am »

Man. That is unfortunate.

That is so cool that you sent out a letter today!!!!! I am sending out some more letters this afternoon. !!!!!!!!!

It is, I just looked down lol, i'm just surrounded by reminders. My neighbour looks like Gypsy and someone on my street has a very Lorelai-ish car, and i'm watching Gilmore Girls, which isn't helping myself  Tongue

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
logansLover
« Reply #3949 on: May 04, 2007, 08:24:31 am »

Aww! Thanks for the cheering! I was just thinking the same thing. I am about to head off and email all the head of's.
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: May 04, 2007, 08:35:13 am »

Aww! Thanks for the cheering! I was just thinking the same thing. I am about to head off and email all the head of's.

Yay!!!

Ok, everyone, We CAN do this.....CW might be idiots at the moment, but lets get the word out more then EVER before!!!!!

I just sent off my heartfelt e-mail to Oprah. Hopefully someone reads it in time.

Ellen is next for me!!

Here are the Links again:

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/dearellen/

http://www.oprah.com/email/tows/email_tows_main.jhtml

I know Ellen is already doing a segment with Lauren Graham, but maybe she will mention the GREAT8MANDATE, if we say pretty please. Cheesy

I am also sending out ALL of my letters bright and early tomorrow. And I mean every single last one. lol
So, no one took any enthusiasim on the flowers, so I am assuming that is a no. If someone changes their mind, let me know. I can most likely get the address if necessary, and I have a paypal account.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:36:16 am by gilmoregirls28 » Logged

-Aqua @---)----

smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: May 04, 2007, 08:38:19 am »

I just have one question: how are we supposed to go on?
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: May 04, 2007, 08:45:04 am »

I just have one question: how are we supposed to go on?

Haha. Ok. Sorry. The sad part is:

I don't know.  Huh Sad[/color]

Undecided

-Aqua @---)----

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3953 on: May 04, 2007, 08:48:12 am »

Ok, Did anyone do the flowers idea?

And if not, why wasn't it put into action?

I would like to give it a go. I have a paypal account. All I would need is some donations, and....

haha. Ok, and address would be of some help.

Just let me know if anyone wants to organize something like this, I would be happy just to be a donater also.

Thanks!!!

Hey - I still love the flower idea ... I asked about it yesterday here cause I didn't know any site to send flowers and wasn't sure if you can place orders from outside U.S.  ... didn't get any answer though - don't blame anyone cause like me everyone was like in shock!!

Anyways, I am still willing to do that but they seem to be very expensive!! If you know a site where the flowers aren't to expensive, I'll send ones for myself - but if you wan't to send one together, I am more than willing to send u some money through paypal.

Please just let me know when u figured something out Smiley

Ok, I usually don't quote my own posts *lol* .. but since it seemed that u haven't read it the first time ... here it is again Smiley

funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: May 04, 2007, 08:59:53 am »

Aw, I loved that. The 1000 dasies was a nice touch Wink

aw thanks, I actually just took it out of the snail mail letter I'm send though, cause I'm not sure how many people are really sending them now... I want to send them, but I'm pretty skint and the moment. (I even speak Gilmore! lol)    Here's the snail mail version... I just put it the envelope and I have to walk to the post office to get stamps, that's how important it is that I'm going to walk just to get stamps!! 

May 3rd, 2007

Ms. Dawn Ostroff, President of Entertainment
The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Dear Ms. Ostroff:

Please, please, please reconsider the decision to not continue with Gilmore Girls.  This show has meant so much to me over the years; there aren't even words to describe it.  I've laughed and cried through literally every episode.  It is honestly my most favorite show ever.  No other shows can compare.

I've read many things, some say it's the CW's/your decision and some say its Ms. Graham's and Ms. Bledel's, but I'm writing to you in case it was your decision.  If there is anything you could do to bring the show back, maybe even for less than the 13 that were being considered.  I read that the finale is suppose to "wrap up various storylines enough to satisfy fans" but that just doesn't sound very promising.  They need more time to end it properly especially since the return of Amy Sherman-Palladino.  If she hadn't returned I probably wouldn't even be writing this, but the show finally started getting back to the normal Gilmore Girls we know and love, and now bam it's gone.  This is truly heart-breaking.

Sincerely,

Bridget ****
25/F/Chicago, IL

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: May 04, 2007, 09:04:11 am »

geez, from last night to this morning there sure have been alot of pages written! but anyway, i'm sick and don't feel well, and frankly, don't have the time at the moment to go back and read the past 8 pages. lol. but in case anyone hasn't already stated this, which i'm sure they did,

the cw is so sure that their fall line up is good enough? LETS SHOW THEM IT'S NOT. i say we write the cw and explain to them that without GG we WON'T WATCH. and since i highly doubt they'll take our threat seriously, i say come september we don't watch! i know it seems drastic and too late to get gg back, but we should atleast teach them a lesson to listen when the fans speak!

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: May 04, 2007, 09:05:56 am »

Quick question, is it Mrs. Ostroff or Ms. Ostroff?  I keep seeing Ms., but i read somewhere she was married...  I dont want to offend her by putting Ms. if its really Mrs.  
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: May 04, 2007, 09:07:17 am »

the cw is so sure that their fall line up is good enough? LETS SHOW THEM IT'S NOT. i say we write the cw and explain to them that without GG we WON'T WATCH. and since i highly doubt they'll take our threat seriously, i say come september we don't watch! i know it seems drastic and too late to get gg back, but we should atleast teach them a lesson to listen when the fans speak!

yep... I really don't think I will watch CW anymore... I watch 7th Heaven, but it's not returning next fall either... and I watch One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars, but I could definitely live without them.   Especially One Tree Hill... that show is totally corny lol.    I do like Veronica Mars, but I am willing to boycott the CW and not watch it, cause this is the first season I've watched anyways only since it was on after GG....  I'm definitely not watching OTH anymore. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:11:18 am by funnybottoms » Logged
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: May 04, 2007, 09:08:27 am »

Quick question, is it Mrs. Ostroff or Ms. Ostroff?  I keep seeing Ms., but i read somewhere she was married...  I dont want to offend her by putting Ms. if its really Mrs. 

Well Ms. could either be married or not... so I'd go with that.   Cause if she's married it would offend her to put Miss and if she's not married it would offend her to put Mrs.  Ms. if for either.
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3959 on: May 04, 2007, 09:09:04 am »

The Tv Guide thing is back.. and theres more on it.

'The good news? The May 15 finale was meant to serve as either a series or season finale. And having just read the script, I can assure you that it's a satisfying conclusion to the series. As I previously teased, it brings Gilmore full circle.'

I guess that's good..  Undecided

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: