The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:07:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732396 times)
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: May 04, 2007, 07:46:35 am »

Ok, Did anyone do the flowers idea?

And if not, why wasn't it put into action?

I would like to give it a go. I have a paypal account. All I would need is some donations, and....

haha. Ok, and address would be of some help.

Just let me know if anyone wants to organize something like this, I would be happy just to be a donater also.

Thanks!!!

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3931 on: May 04, 2007, 07:49:33 am »

I just tried to forget about it all day at school.. but of course, when I was walking home, a big truck of hay bales came past me, then I walked past a street called 'kirk' something.. geez  Undecided

Anyway, we still have a chance.. I sent a letter today  Wink

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
logansLover
« Reply #3932 on: May 04, 2007, 07:50:40 am »

hi GilmoreGirls28! I'm Brie!

First off, Please don't starpost, which means don't double post. Go back and modify the orignal!

And second, don't give up hope! Write, e-mail, send gifts, cars, Coffee! Anything that will help!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3933 on: May 04, 2007, 07:53:09 am »

Ok, Did anyone do the flowers idea?

And if not, why wasn't it put into action?

I would like to give it a go. I have a paypal account. All I would need is some donations, and....

haha. Ok, and address would be of some help.

Just let me know if anyone wants to organize something like this, I would be happy just to be a donater also.

Thanks!!!

Hey - I still love the flower idea ... I asked about it yesterday here cause I didn't know any site to send flowers and wasn't sure if you can place orders from outside U.S.  ... didn't get any answer though - don't blame anyone cause like me everyone was like in shock!!

Anyways, I am still willing to do that but they seem to be very expensive!! If you know a site where the flowers aren't to expensive, I'll send ones for myself - but if you wan't to send one together, I am more than willing to send u some money through paypal.

Please just let me know when u figured something out Smiley

BTW, thanks for all the encouraging words everyone!! Since I got this news yesterday I felt like giving up cause we didn't get what we wanted. But now my will to fight is back!! Wink  ... I mean we've done sooo many things to bring back the series, and now that is soo important to do something, we just can't give up .. we should use every remaining minute in a useful way!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:56:38 am by divine » Logged

LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3934 on: May 04, 2007, 07:53:50 am »

But, I do feel so helpless. Isn't there anything else we can all pitch in and do to make our voices heard?

Yes, there is!!!  Do not give up hope, people!  I know it's been repeated, but look what happened to Seventh Heaven!  We still have two weeks, so make the most of them!  Send e-mails, letters, daisies, books, morse code, smoke signals, or fruit baskets!  Do whatever you have to to make you voice heard!

Be curteous in your letters and/or e-mails; do not shove the blame on them.  That will not help your cause.  Point out all the reasons you love Gilmore Girls and why you believe it should remain on television.  Also, try to maintain good spelling and grammar and make sure your point clear.  I'm not saying to contact someone who majored in English to make sure every little detail is correct; just use a spell checker, if available, and give your letter a nice proof-reading. I'm sure Ms. Ostroff will appreciate a well-written, brief letter more than a five-page rant that is riddled with bad spelling.

Gilmore Girls does not have to go down, and even if it does, we won't let it go without a fight!

Star Star Long live the Great8Mandate! Star Star
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:55:31 am by LitLover » Logged

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: May 04, 2007, 07:54:33 am »

I just saw the news a couple of hours ago. First I...well I didn't cry. I know they had to end somehow. But...it's not like it's our fault they screwed up the 7th season, now we can't possibly get decent closure. Actually, it's kind of numbing. I don't get Alexis Bledel, or anyone else there. Maybe she has some sort of reason, but don't they see they're ruining everything...don't they care just so much about it to end it in style and not like..this. If it's because of the money, then I'm mad.
And now I'm thinking, if anyone is good at writing a really heart breaking letter, like, Titanic sort of, not the we believe in you, more like, we beg you on our knees, a couple of dozen wouldn't hurt.
But then again, I'm thinking every one has done that a million times.
And, you know what's funny...it's raining outside, at least where I am. The really depressing sort of way, after a week of stuffiness, blurring and really gray....and it seems so clear, like we all should have know it would happen...

Hmm...well...I won't re-read this, I made myself sadder than I was. Just had to...blurt it out...feels kind of better.
Here's something to make it up...to give us hope...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpK8WdCsYzk
Sorry if you have to copy paste the link, I'm not good in putting them in posts, sorry.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
logansLover
« Reply #3936 on: May 04, 2007, 07:59:16 am »

I think the shock just sunk in, because when I first read the news, i was upset. But now, I am bawling, and wanting to go back to bed. I need them! They have gotten me thru life!
smallactor5
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:15 am »

I just tried to forget about it all day at school.. but of course, when I was walking home, a big truck of hay bales came past me, then I walked past a street called 'kirk' something.. geez  Undecided

This is quite possibly the saddest thing I've heard yet.  I'm living in Germany until July and got the news just before I went to bed last night.  Needless to say, there was little sleep on my end.  
I've sent letters to both Alexis and Lauren and two e-mails to Ms. Ostroff.  I think I'll try to make the e-mails a daily thing.
Even though I'm on the other side of the ocean, I'm still willing to do whatever I can to help.  I don't have much money, but I'll do what I can if somebody wants to do the flower idea; I think it's a great idea!  
It's not over yet!  I haven't heard any fat lady's singing (unless you count those two at the cabaret show on Tuesday night.  FEVER!)!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: May 04, 2007, 08:04:43 am »

Just to let everyone know, I was watching Ellen, and Lauren will appear on Tuesday's episode, not Wednesday.  So, mark your calendars and tune in to the Ellen DeGeneres show on Tuesday, May 8th, 2007!!
logansLover
« Reply #3939 on: May 04, 2007, 08:08:41 am »

Not really a fan of ellen, but I will watch just for her!
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: May 04, 2007, 08:10:53 am »

Here's what I sent in an e-mail to Dawn Ostroff and I'm going to send it by snail mail today also.

Subject:    I know you're probably bombarded with e-mails now...

To:   [email protected], [email protected]

and I'm sure way more than 1,000 daisies are coming your way, but Ms. Ostroff please, please, please reconsider the decision to not continue with Gilmore Girls.  This show has meant so much to me over the years, there aren't even words to describe it. I've laughed and cried through literally every episode.

I've read many things, some say it's the CW's/your decision and some say its Ms. Graham's and Ms. Bledel's, but I'm writing to you in case it was your decision.  If there is anything you could do to bring the show back, maybe even for less than the 13 that were being considered.  I read that the finale is suppose to "wrap up various storylines enough to satisfy fans"  but that just doesn't sound very promising.  They need more time to end it properly especially since the return of Amy Sherman-Palladino.  If she hadn't returned I probably wouldn't even be writing this, but the show finally started getting back to normal and now bam it's gone.  This is truly heart-breaking.

Sincerely,
Bridget ****
25/F/Chicago, IL

ErinG
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: May 04, 2007, 08:11:13 am »

The CW is a bunch of assholes. Yeah lets keep gay ass shows like Girlfriends, that no one watches anyway, but cancel Gilmore Girls. Now theres no hope for television, they'll probably replace Gilmore Girls with yet another cop drama. Theres so many problems that they need to fix on Gilmore Girls before they can cancel it. I mean what are they going to do, have Rory go off  to San Fransisco and leave Lorelai all alone in Stars Hollow where something MIGHT happen between her and Luke?? They just cant end it like that. The new writer they got sent the show to hell and now thats where its going to end. Well thats just GREAT!!  

Sorry for swearing on the forum.

tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3942 on: May 04, 2007, 08:11:28 am »

It's really great to see we're all still trying so hard to get this  Grin

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: May 04, 2007, 08:12:36 am »

Anyway, we still have a chance.. I sent a letter today  Wink

Man. That is unfortunate.

That is so cool that you sent out a letter today!!!!! I am sending out some more letters this afternoon. !!!!!!!!!

I am also e-mailing:

Oprah

Ellen Degeneres

It's a longshot, but think the skys the limit!!!

Ok. Here is the link for Ellen:
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/dearellen/

Here is the link for Oprah:

http://www.oprah.com/email/tows/email_tows_main.jhtml

AND/OR

Oprah Winfrey
c/o Harpo Productions
P.O. Box 909715
Chicago, IL 60607
USA

I could not find the address to Ellen. But thats alright. We can send an e-mail. It's quicker anyways.

-Aqua @---)----

gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: May 04, 2007, 08:13:51 am »

Here's what I sent in an e-mail to Dawn Ostroff and I'm going to send it by snail mail today also.

Subject:    I know you're probably bombarded with e-mails now...

To:   [email protected], [email protected]

and I'm sure way more than 1,000 daisies are coming your way, but Ms. Ostroff please, please, please reconsider the decision to not continue with Gilmore Girls.  This show has meant so much to me over the years, there aren't even words to describe it. I've laughed and cried through literally every episode.

I've read many things, some say it's the CW's/your decision and some say its Ms. Graham's and Ms. Bledel's, but I'm writing to you in case it was your decision.  If there is anything you could do to bring the show back, maybe even for less than the 13 that were being considered.  I read that the finale is suppose to "wrap up various storylines enough to satisfy fans"  but that just doesn't sound very promising.  They need more time to end it properly especially since the return of Amy Sherman-Palladino.  If she hadn't returned I probably wouldn't even be writing this, but the show finally started getting back to normal and now bam it's gone.  This is truly heart-breaking.

Sincerely,
Bridget ****
25/F/Chicago, IL

Aw, I loved that. The 1000 dasies was a nice touch Wink

-Aqua @---)----

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: