The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:41:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762968 times)
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:28 am »

Thanks for all the tips on writing Rob.  It really helps. Smiley
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: May 04, 2007, 05:42:04 am »

Is this really true? I am woundering why they pulled the article. I so hope it's because it's not true. I am so sad Cry this can't be the end. I also thought of another song for the CD thing that song "I don't know how to sat goodbye" i think it's perfect and they played at once on GG. another idea I had was to make mini collages witrh pics from Gg or with stuff  and write notes on the back and send them out. What do you guys think? is it worth still mandating? or is this the end god I hope not!!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: May 04, 2007, 05:45:08 am »

Thanks for all the tips on writing Rob.  It really helps. Smiley
+1.  You answered some questions I had. thanks, Rob!

iluvgilmoregirls!, DON'T GIVE UP JUST YET!!  This may be the end but there is still a chance.  The official announcement wasn't supposed to be made until th 17th so we are still doing anything and everything possible to save GG.
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: May 04, 2007, 05:50:45 am »

If you go to Ellen's web site there is a place where they ask you if you have suggestions or ideas for a show.  Maybe a bunch of us should but in something about the great*Mandate and about all that has been done to save GG.  Lauren G has been on Ellen about 2 times a year for the past 3-4 yrs and it seems like Ellen likes having her on.   Maybe she could have Lauren on with some of you guys that started this web site or the Great*Mandate!   

Hi - only have a second to post but I just wanted to state (for anyone who didn't know already) that Lauren is scheduled to be a guest on Ellen on Wednesday, May 9th.

Should be interesting!!!

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #3919 on: May 04, 2007, 05:59:24 am »

This is like a really, really, really hard punch straight to the stomach. I woke up today and nothing has gone the way it was supposed to. I guess that this day was bound to happen someday. We tried guys, that's all we could of done...but, hey, we've always got our reruns!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: May 04, 2007, 06:03:19 am »

Well, to shed some light on the situation, we all get our Tuesday nights back...Cry

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #3921 on: May 04, 2007, 06:05:25 am »

yeah...i guess that's one way to look at it. but tuesday nites always meant curling up with my sister and food to watch completely uninterrupted for an hour...
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: May 04, 2007, 06:18:41 am »

I didn't get my tuesday nights back, I just lost it! Cry I have nothing to look forward to anymore, nothing to be excited about, nothing to count the days, hours and minutes down to on tuesday! Tuesday is nothing to me without GG!

This sucks! I FINALLY, after years of having to watch GG with my little siblings running in and interupting me ever minute, get cable in my room and this happens! Angry I'm so mad!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #3923 on: May 04, 2007, 06:19:57 am »

i figure that even if they cancelled us we should still show our support and not just drop off. how will that look? we've fought for months and although we've basically lost, we can still love GG...
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: May 04, 2007, 06:29:41 am »

i figure that even if they cancelled us we should still show our support and not just drop off. how will that look? we've fought for months and although we've basically lost, we can still love GG...
I agree.  Soooo many people here are being postivie and showing their fighting spirit, but others are really giving up right now.  Why are we giving up, people!?  If you think they are wrong to cancel Gilmore Girls then show it.  If you give up then you're just re-confirming that they are doing the right thing by cancelling the show after two more episodes.  I know you're hurting.. we all are.. but after 7 years of support you can't just give up now.. GG is going to be a part of our lives forever and we have to let them know that!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: May 04, 2007, 06:45:47 am »

OK i woke up with a clear head today.. Ive gotta get stamps and ink for my printer, then Ill be sending Dawn O a letter... We've all put in so much hard work, why stop now?  Its only 2 more weeks! We can do it Smiley
logansLover
« Reply #3926 on: May 04, 2007, 06:59:53 am »

I think it is finally time I imerse my self entirely, and devote my day to letters, ink, and much e-mail. These Girls have gotten my thru life, have helped me when things were bad, and I need them to continue on! Here's to a day of letters!
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: May 04, 2007, 07:10:17 am »

Does anyone know why it was cancelled?  Is it because LG and AB couldn't get enough money?  I really hope that is not the reason.  I think they should do at least a short season 8 for closure. 
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: May 04, 2007, 07:41:17 am »

OH NO.......I JUST HEARD THE NEWS THIS MORNING. WHAT A HORRIBLE WAY TO WAKE UP. OMG. NO.

I guess there is nothing we can do. We did the best we could.  Sad

I think the saddest thing ever is: They are going to leave the show with Rory alone. And NO wedding for Lorelai.

Well, I quit CW. I don't watch any other shows on there anyways. I'll watch GG, and that'll be it.

Is someone going to create some sort of mourning topic/thread. That is what we all need to greive right now. Sad

I mean, if we really keep going with writing letters, ect, won't it not help any? It looks like it's over (I Know, depressing...).

But, I do feel so helpless. Isn't there anything else we can all pitch in and do to make our voices heard?

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

luvsGG
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: May 04, 2007, 07:46:21 am »

i wish i didnt have to work alllll day long. im sure ill be thinkin about this
the whole time. oh well...keep up the great work everyone! and ill do what
i can when i get home
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: