The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:41:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733487 times)
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3900 on: May 03, 2007, 10:53:39 pm »

I really hope that this turns out like what Battlestar galactica writers did when fake killing off a lead lady and then not really..Although I told my hubby that I knew that was going to happen and he argued with me about it and sure enough that is what happened... After all then have to be nuts, nuts i am telling you to do something so damn stupid as ending GG and keeping VM. Hell ending GG should put them in the looney bin alone...(but that is just one reporters opinion)
Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3901 on: May 03, 2007, 10:56:29 pm »

Yeah, it is. I'm still kind of hoping that it's a weird joke or something, but it doesn't look like it.
I just can't see how they want to end it in a way that ties up all loose ends. But that belongs on a different board.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: May 03, 2007, 11:06:45 pm »

For writing letters, would it be best to hand write them? The only time I ever wrote letters to a network, I typed them up and signed them.

Handwriting is fine if your penmanship is good because it's such a personal form of communication.  Otherwise, typing and signing and mailing by snail mail is the single BEST way to contact them.  They expect to be deluged with email and voicemail and that helps as far as it goes, but the amount of effort that it takes to write/type a letter on paper and send it in an envelope *always* makes a bigger impression than email and voicemail and the like.  There's a rule of thumb that floats about in various media industries that every individual piece of correspondence that's written on paper and delivered by mail represents the sentiments of at least 7 other people.  So if literally tens of thousands of pieces of snailmail are received, that's going to make a MUCH bigger impact on them than electronic forms of mail.

A couple of tips:

* BE BRIEF.  Keep the length of your letter down to ONE side of ONE page, double space it and use a simple 10 or 12-point Times font.  (Arial font is hard to read.)   If your letter goes on for *only* one or two more lines beyond a page, don't sweat it, but the longer the letter is, the less of it they'll read before they move on to the next one.  Double-spacing is the exact opposite in print as it is online -- it's *much* easier to read on paper than single spacing is -- and again, the need to be as brief as possible will make you more concise and to-the-point.  Conversely, single spacing will make you look a little wacky, especially if you go on for more than one page.

* BE BRIEF (AGAIN):  If you must single-space to get all you want on one page, skip a line between each paragraph as that will help maximize readability.  But definitely do not go over one side of one page at all.  And I'd suggest if you're going to do single-spacing your message should take up no more than 2/3rds of the page, not counting your signature.

* BE POLITE. I know that there's a lot of anger and sadness going on right now, but don't unleash any of it on the person that you're writing too (s/he may not even be responsible for what's happening to the show).  Just tell them why you like the show, the actors, the stories, how it affects you, why you think it should continue, etc.  If your letter is all tone and no substance, they won't read it.  Or maybe the first person who reads it won't pass it on to someone else at the studio or directly involved with the show.

* BE POLITE #2:  DON'T mention the salary issues because it's not our place to address them.  Some form of "I hope that you are still looking for a solution that results in the show going on" would IMO be a great way to sidestep that issue.

And send them daisies.

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai and Rory are ubergeeks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:14:04 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: May 03, 2007, 11:17:22 pm »

And if you send them daisies, make sure they really are daisies. (not flowers that look like daisies! Tongue)

I like that Rob has stated to be brief. They will get the point if it's made clearly and well right off the bat! I've kept my letters to a little less than a page and just really show appreciation for the show and the writers and actors! Stay positive - that's the biggest thing I think! STAY POSITIVE!

Thanks for the reminders, Rob!

Don't stop now! Don't give up! STAY POSITIVE!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregfan
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

get your hand off my stomach..but you put it there

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3904 on: May 04, 2007, 12:02:41 am »

okay im like crying right now...and i NEVER cry.. we cant let the show end.... i wrote a letter to Dawn what ever her name is.. the CW chick.. and its all true.. here it is...

Dear Ms. Ostroff,

hi there… my name is Rachel McKnight… I live in Staten Island New York and I am a dedicated fan of the CW’s hit show Gilmore girls. Now I know you’ve gotten letters in the past asking to bring the show back.. Now I’m not going to beg… but I want to tell you this… Gilmore Girls saved my life…. Ill tell you why…

A few years ago I was is a very bad way of life.. Not family wise but I just didn’t want to be around…. I had no friends.. And no real reason to stay around.. One day I was actually planning on ending it all when I came across the WB 11 and Gilmore Girls was on… I sat there and watched this show that was so fresh and funny that I had to keep watching… sooner or later I had all the DVD’s and had seen all the episodes…

It’s now 6 years later and I’m still around.. And what saved me? Gilmore Girls.. Now I know what the tabloids are saying.. That its all over and all.. But i mean can you give it another chance.. Who knows.. Maybe some kid in the same position I was in might catch a glimpse of an episode and get hooked and eventually saved just like I was….

So I hope you read this letter and realize the way that a simple show can change the world.. the Gilmore girls have given mothers and daughters a reason to sit together in a room for an hour and communicate... its been like a silent craze all over the globe.. I mean not like super nutzo crazy but something to always be remembered...

In closing I just want to say.. i hope that you bring this show back.. just for one last season.. give the fans what they want.... if it weren't for them.. there would be no CW now would there?  a shows popularity isn't based on the people who write it, its the fans.... i mean.... you brought back 7th Heaven!!!!!  bring back a show EVERYONE will love....

you could be a hero...

have a great day

and don't forget
be cool... be Gilmore

did ya like it?Huh

(feel free to email me at [email protected]

or

add my gilmore girls role playing myspace

http://www.myspace.com/lore68

))

much love
rachel

LoReLaI -N- RoRy. BeSt FrIeNdS 1st MoThEr DaUgHtEr 2nd
MaKiNg MotHeR DaUgHtEr RaLetIoNsHiPs CoOl SiNcE 2OOO!!!!
thanks trish for resizing the sig!
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: May 04, 2007, 12:43:59 am »

I just found out a little while ago as I was out all day and was shocked to hear this news. Part of me isn't surprised since we've been aware of all of the negotiation matters and that nothing was ever set in stone, but after all the mandate efforts and the glimmer of hope that there would possibly be a shortened season, I was really hopeful. Of course, I'm still going to remain hopeful, but it is very sad news.

One good thing about all of us feeling sad...at least we are feeling so strongly for this show. If the GILMORE GIRLS did end this season, at least it left with tons of dignity and loyal fans. I hope there is a change to all of this news, but I'll prepare for the "worst".

Kristen's poll really has credibility, huh?! LOL

You all rock! Please continue with the campaigning, letters, etc...

BTW, I have to agree with the poster who said that if CW was so positive about their next season lineup, why were they holding out for GG all this time and trying to get the girls to sign with increased pay up until the other day?? HMMM.........  I do wonder if more people tune into watch the final episodes, if there will be a bump in ratings and if that will effect whether there is another season. Still, it's only 2 episodes, and I don't think that will have as much of an effect. I do hope there is a change and we get a "7th Heaven" moment for our girls!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

lukenlorelai4ever5
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Don't stop believin' in a season 8!

View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 04, 2007, 12:53:44 am »

Still, it's only 2 episodes, and I don't think that will have as much of an effect. I do hope there is a change and we get a "7th Heaven" moment for our girls!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yeah, I think the most we can hope for is a 7th Heaven effect.  I am so bummed! Sad  My future roomie who is another big Gilmore fan just told me a few hours ago and it's devastating. Sad  It seems like everything I love lately has come to an end.  Last year it was my show Everwood.  This year it is Gilmore Girls and Harry Potter.  Sad  Let's get a 7th Heaven effect going and watch again next week and the week after!  Meanwhile I'll still send another letter. 

Dear Ms. Osteroff,

I have been a Gilmore Girls fan for a little over a year now.  The Gilmore Girls and the town of Stars Hollow jumped into my heart when my roommate practically forced me to start watching the show's reruns on ABC Family.  I was hooked and since then I have convinced my mother, my sister, and even on occasion my father to watch this show. 

This is the only show I feel I can really relate to on television.  I feel I can relate to it much more than the average reality tv show because all the characters are so real to me.  Lorelai is the outgoing, funloving mother that I would like to be when I get older.  Luke is pretty much me but more cynical and he's just such a great guy.  He reminds me of my dad.  Rory is the journalist I aspire to be and she's honestly one of the warmest characters I've seen on TV today.  Sookie is so bubbly and fun.  She reminds me of my aunt.  I love Jackson for his spirit and warmth.  Kirk is the town outcast and anyone who has ever lived in a smalltown certainly knows a Kirk.  Logan was a character I disliked at first, but I grew to love and Michel is just the most hilarious uptight guy ever.

I hope that you will consider bringing these wonderful characters back to the show for at least a half a season longer as they have become such an important and integral part of my life.  I realize that the show cannot go on forever, but I feel the characters deserve to have their stories ended with grace and I feel like we cannot do that with only two episodes left.  Please consider fans like me and our devotion to these characters during the next few weeks as the last two episodes air.  Meanwhile, thanks for running a great show these past seven years!   

Thank You,
Shanna Simpson

Lorelai Gilmore: Where are you?
Luke Danes: Oh, I'm about an hour from 'If I lived here I'd blow my brains out.'
Lorelai Gilmore: Oh, I heard it's nice there this time of year.

J.J.
Noddie

Fav shows:
This 'n' Ugly Betty
r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

life is, at its best, boring.

View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: May 04, 2007, 01:09:42 am »

While I'm upset over GG ending, I'm more upset over the way it's going down.
A show such as Gilmore Girls, which hasn't had and still doesn't have a contemporary equal, deserves more than to be decapitated like this.
The show is, along with its dedicated fans, worthy of a decent ending. Not an abrupt one.

However, I think it's important to think about the people involved in the show. Think about AB and LG, they've given many years to this show. Think about the opportunities they must have turned down in favour of GG. I understand that they want to move on. Of course it's sad but that's life.

Needless to say I'm very dissapointed and SMAD! Like someone here mentioned earlier, it's hard to imagine GG wrapping up in only two episodes. I can't help but feel cheated. This is not just any show, this is Gilmore Girls. I sincerely hope that the last two episodes will serve it some justice.

Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 04, 2007, 03:25:07 am »

I was just thinking about the SOS poll.  GG won but they sent 2 letters out right?  One for VM and one for GG .  Now that VM has been renewed and GG has not I wonder if they knew all along that GG would not be renewed.  
I  bet they don't want to have a show picked that was not renewed.  

As of this writing, VM hasn't been renewed.  And given the drop in the ratings this week, they've pretty much got no reason whatsoever to renew it.  It has no potential to grow in the ratings no matter how much I or any of its other small group of viewers like it.  IMO VM's fate just ain't tied to Gg's.

Maybe all that stuff about an 8th season was just a publicity stunt .  think about it....Scott and Melissa have boith already signed to do shows  in the fall.  I bet they never planned on an 8th season just said so to make ratings higher or something like that.

I know that there's been more than a little speculation over the past day since the CW dropped the bomb ball heaping pile of horse hockey on us that are similiar to your suspicions, that the possibility of a renewal was just a publicity stunt, that the cancellation announcement is just a publicity stunt, that Lauren and/or Alexis were never intending to come back, etc.  I understand the feeling -- everybody wants to make sense of the CW's horribly bad judgment. But the reality is that any show has tens of millions of dollars and the jobs of hundreds of people, not just actors, but crewpersons, at risk, so IMO there's no way that the network or studio or Lauren or Alexis have been jerking anyone around.  The studio clearly decided to back out of negotiations (and Warner studio likely was a reluctant participant in the "joint" statement it made with The CW because not having additional episodes costs the studio that much in potential profit from DVD, syndication, foreign sales, etc.  13 episodes lost and a "soft landing" ending that has a lot of potential to create ill will in the viewers that will make it harder for Warner studio to launch any shows on The CW (which will be perceived by the viewers as untrustworthy due to its inheriting The WB's cancel-crazy legacy), much less on other networks.  Warner is being squeezed out of producing shows for other networks because all of the Big Four are owned by other studios, so The CW is Warner's best chance to continue to launch shows that it owns.  Sony/Columbia is in the same boat, btw, which is why its television unit has all-but disappeared except as a distributor of past shows -- Seinfeld, for instance -- to local stations (a rerun stream that's just about run its course for Jerry and the Gang.  So IMO all involved aren't taking it lightly, they aren't playing games with the cast, crew or viewers, even when gamesmanship is used as a metaphor to describe the negotiation process itself.

IOW, the show *is* currently cancelled.  The CW's math is horribly, horribly wrong given the impact that the cancellation will have on their bottom line beyond the short term.  The damage that their reputation will take will defintely hurt them in the longer term more than prematurely cancelling Gg (no matter what Matt Roush or certain other cranky reporters say) will save them money.  They're just initiating the total collapse of the network.  VM's cancellation certainly won't help their critical reputation, either, but Gg is far more important to the network's viability than VM is and for that reason and that reason *alone* the CW had no reason to not renew Gg as even a *loss-leader* (a term from the book industry to describe items that they deliberately take a bath on -- such as those 40% discounts on new hardcovers -- to bring customers into the store) to entice viewers to the network.

Also, while MM took a pilot as a CYA, she was still under contract to the studio for Gg and thus the pilot was in "second position" to Gg, which had "first position claim" on her.  SP, who reportedly only does year-to-year contracts (because he reportedly doesn't believe in long-term committments -- how Lorelai of him) actually turned down at least one, if not both, of the pilots he was looking at specifically to sign onto Gg for another year.  The cast and crew, even Lauren and Alexis, were committed to coming back to the show -- the network just reached an impasse with the Gals over their -- come on, Ostroff -- clearly deserved salary demands.  Lauren and Alexis didn't back out of the show, didn't back out of negotiations, the CW did.  Lauren and Alexis just balked at the CW's offer and the CW made the decision not to continue negotiations.  So it's all on the CW.

It's like, pay the gals what they want for a short run to finish out the series the way the viewers expect, whether it's 13 more episodes or 22 more episodes?  Take the loss-leader expense and generate good will for the network in the increasingly skeptical and cynical viewership?  Seems like they're no-brainer answers to these questions to me.  But hey, what do we know, we're only the people who continue to make Gg the network's #2-rated one-hour.

But IMO, the CW isn't playing games.  They've cancelled the show, but they're likely going to look at the ratings and viewership reaction for the next two episodes to consider uncancelling it.  Since actors did sign up for next season, those options likely will still exist until the end of the month -- really, until the Upfronts, but officially, the end of the month, which is the end of the television season.  That's why write-in campaigns *stil have the potential to help.

One other thing of note:

Stephen Battaglio's article posted Thursday morning that analyzed the reason for Gg's cancellation -- the CW pulling out of the negotiations -- has mysteriously disappeared from TV Guide's website.  The URL below has been replaced by an error message (I keep checking).  Here's the article and my theory of why it's now missing:

------------------------------

Hollow, Goodbye: Why There'll Be No More Gilmore
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Guide-News/Hollow-Goodbye-Therell/800014168

Say goodbye to Stars Hollow. The Gilmore Girls won't be back for an
eighth season. After lengthy negotiations to sign the shows stars
Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel to new contracts, CW decided walked
away from the series. According to a CW insider, the network's execs
feel confident enough in their development for the 2007-08 schedule
that they no longer felt an urgent need to bring back the show.

While the season's last episode (airing May 15) wasn't conceived as a
series finale, the insider said it does wrap up various storylines
enough to satisfy fans. In a statement the CW thanked critics and
Gilmore fans for "their passionate support" over the years and
promised to "give this series the sendoff it deserves." — Reporting by
Stephen Battaglio

The link doesn't exist anymore.  It's been retconned out of, well, TV Guide's existence.

The article is not just missing from its original URL that I grabbed it from (which now produces an error message), it was never posted to the more general URL the post belonged to of the TVGuide-Editors-Blog (a catch-all blog) at

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Guide-News%2F800046225

and it's not at Battaglio's regular column "The Biz" at:

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/The-Biz/default.aspx

Hmmmm . . .  something tells me that perhaps their new development slate isn't nearly as good as Battaglio's inside source attests (because, well, it was probably never good to begin with.)  And his new column for May 4th seems to imply that despite the CW's surface-level enthusiasm for its pilot possibilities, it doesn't seem to have a lot of shows to replace the hours that need to be filled on Tuesday or Sunday -- about 5 1/2 hours -- or however they might mix those hours up during the network's six day week (unless they're really dumb enough to totally close down Sundays as a night for programming first-run shows, in which case, they only have about 2 1/2 hours to fill and the more significant damage of projecting the image of a network that is rapidly collapsing.

I suspect that something's going on behind the scenes.  Battaglio's insider at the CW, in saying that "the network's execs feel confident enough in their development for the 2007-08 schedule that they no longer felt an urgent need to bring back the show" essentially makes the network look arrogant and cocky when it's clearly in no position to be so *even if/when they uncancel Gg.*

Also, the insider's comment that the CW walked away from the negotiations doesn't make them look good, either.  Maybe the network thinks that the insider misrepresented the CW's point of view to Battaglio -- I'll bet that that's the situation, in which case, they've got a loose cannon inside the network or studio.  Maybe the CW is just trying to play damage control in getting the article pulled from TV Guide's website, or maybe they realized that if they even *want* to have second thoughts and uncancel Gg hours before the Upfronts, just like they did with 7th Heaven a year ago, they might just want to not have an article like this, that insults the show and the actors, hanging around. 

Oops, too late, though.  The article's been posted and re-posted around the net -- and not just by me.  I think they just backed themselves into a corner where they owe the cast, crew and viewership to make a better offer to LG and AB than they offered before walking out, one that might not be what they or the actors want, but which the gals can live with.

-- Rob

(Boy, that news today gave me a huge case of insomnia.  Here it is, 5am CT and I'm still wide awake and posting.  And I've had soooo little caffeine, too. Shocked )

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because a messy cancellation calls for a messy uncancellation.   Wink
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: May 04, 2007, 03:33:34 am »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-et-gilmore4may04,1,6520657.story?track=crosspromo&coll=la-headlines-entnews&ctrack=1&cset=true

here is a link to get to an article on Gilmore Girls, if it doesn't work please tell me the name of the paper the article is in is latimes.com

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: May 04, 2007, 03:35:21 am »

okay i just tried using my links and they didn't quite work for me; if you have this problem, copy and paste (that might work) or search LA times, something should come up or search LA times- Gilmore Girls

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: May 04, 2007, 04:42:48 am »

You know what I'm disappointed in a lot of people at this point and for some reason I still feel the most disappointed from ASP. Maybe it's "switching the blame" or whatever but I keep on thinking; "If Amy hadn't left, none of this would've happened" and "If she wasn't interested in continuing GG herself, then she should've left the series off with Season 5 where; L/L get married, R/L smooth over their relationship and the whole stupid Mitchum thing didn't  happen so we would know Rory has a career in journalism," I constantly watch "Blame Booze and Mellville" and EVERYTIME I do I always get this hunch that DP wrote that because he wasn't sure they wanted to continue onto a 6th season ans he wrote the stroyline with two different outcomes depending on if they were going to. Because Luke bought that house for Lorelai, Lorelai thought she was pregnant, Rory was doing EXCELLENT at the staff except she didn't get a chance to do any writing. They could've HAD her stand up for herself and thus impress Mitchum.

Then I switch over to DR thinking: "Why did he have to go so far as to have L/C get married only to get a divorce? There were other ways he could've gone around it that wouldn't have shocked so many people in a bad way. Then he took FOREVER to get Lorelai and Luke just talking again let alone being friends again. Now all of a sudden they're jumping? He shouldn't have extended the storyline that far just because he thought there MIGHT be a chance of an 8th season. That way we could've AT LEAST had a proposal from Luke and would know this one would stick. I know Lauren wasn't thrilled on the idea of a wedding for the last episode but at least SOMETHING would've been nice. In my fanfic L/L marry in the middle of the season that way it wouldn't interfere with the whole Lorelai/Rory connection in the last episodes.

Ah, anyway, I was indeed up all night worrying about this and now I'm almost late for work but I don't really care. If I could I would just call in sick and make it a recoop day but I'm a goody-goody and I can't do that. Yes I have been writing letters 2 send, BELIEVE me and more if I can.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 04:48:53 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: May 04, 2007, 04:55:09 am »

like that.

One other thing of note:

Stephen Battaglio's article posted Thursday morning that analyzed the reason for Gg's cancellation -- the CW pulling out of the negotiations -- has mysteriously disappeared from TV Guide's website.  The URL below has been replaced by an error message (I keep checking).  Here's the article and my theory of why it's now missing:

Hollow, Goodbye: Why There'll Be No More Gilmore
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Guide-News/Hollow-Goodbye-Therell/800014168

The link doesn't exist anymore.  It's been retconned out of, well, TV Guide's existence.

The article is not just missing from its original URL that I grabbed it from (which now produces an error message), it was never posted to the more general URL the post belonged to of the TVGuide-Editors-Blog (a catch-all blog) at

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Guide-News%2F800046225

and it's not at Battaglio's regular column "The Biz" at:

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/The-Biz/default.aspx

Hmmmm . . .  something tells me that perhaps their new development slate isn't nearly as good as Battaglio's inside source attests (because, well, it was probably never good to begin with.)  And his new column for May 4th seems to imply that despite the CW's surface-level enthusiasm for its pilot possibilities, it doesn't seem to have a lot of shows to replace the hours that need to be filled on Tuesday or Sunday -- about 5 1/2 hours -- or however they might mix those hours up during the network's six day week (unless they're really dumb enough to totally close down Sundays as a night for programming first-run shows, in which case, they only have about 2 1/2 hours to fill and the more significant damage of projecting the image of a network that is rapidly collapsing.

I suspect that something's going on behind the scenes.  Battaglio's insider at the CW, in saying that "the network's execs feel confident enough in their development for the 2007-08 schedule that they no longer felt an urgent need to bring back the show" essentially makes the network look arrogant and cocky when it's clearly in no position to be so *even if/when they uncancel Gg.*

I find this very intersting....I agree someone is not very happy about the way this  came out .  I think you are right about how it makes the network looks.
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:35 am »

If you go to Ellen's web site there is a place where they ask you if you have suggestions or ideas for a show.  Maybe a bunch of us should but in something about the great*Mandate and about all that has been done to save GG.  Lauren G has been on Ellen about 2 times a year for the past 3-4 yrs and it seems like Ellen likes having her on.   Maybe she could have Lauren on with some of you guys that started this web site or the Great*Mandate!   
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: May 04, 2007, 05:19:38 am »

It's just after 8:00am here in Pennsylvania, I woke up about an hour ago with the worst feeling in my stomach.  The first thing I thought of was, of course, our precious Gilmore Girls... just hoping the last things I read were some sort of horrible dream.  Well, now I realize it was not something made up in my sleep.. yesterday really did happen.  Oh, what a day.  What a night.  Please, Keep the mandating going strong, we can make a difference!!  Don't give up!

I agree we should do something with Ellen.. I love her show and she always seems interested in hearing what viewers have to say, it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:24:13 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: