The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 09:12:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734193 times)
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: May 03, 2007, 08:44:56 pm »

I was just thinking about the SOS poll.  GG won but they sent 2 letters out right?  One for VM and one for GG .  Now that VM has been renewed and GG has not I wonder if they knew all along that GG would not be renewed.  
I  bet they don't want to have a show picked that was not renewed.  
Maybe all that stuff about an 8th season was just a publicity stunt .  think about it....Scott and Melissa have boith already signed to do shows  in the fall.  I bet they never planned on an 8th season just said so to make ratings higher or something like that.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3886 on: May 03, 2007, 08:51:02 pm »

HEIDI- DID YOU SEND THAT 2nd PHOTO BOOK A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO?? IF NOT, NOW IS THE TIME TO SEND IT OR TO MAKE A  THIRD ONE!!!!

I sent a total of three ... one to Lauren, one to Alexis, and one to Dawn.    Wink

------

Obviously ... things didn't go our way today.  Let's be honest, May 3rd is nobody's friend.  But that's no reason to give up.

I haven't.  Caryn hasn't.  I know Rob hasn't. 

Join us in fighting the good fight until the very end.  Find your nearest calendar, locate May 17th, and circle it.  Personally, until I hear Lauren or Alexis declare, adamantly, that season 8 is dead and gone ... or ... until I hear The CW officially announce next season's schedule (on May 17th) ... I'm going to keep on trucking.

Participate in the Great8Mandate however you see fit.

~Heidi
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:59:20 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: May 03, 2007, 09:34:00 pm »

OMG what are they thinking why are they keeping VM they were doing so bad....

I was so pissed, crushed, sad, crying because they are ending GG but I am just fumed that our wonderful show is being axed and VM is aloud to live on.
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: May 03, 2007, 09:46:13 pm »

I just sent another letter... I don't know if it's going to do any good but you know, I'm willing to try.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
kateness
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: May 03, 2007, 10:00:56 pm »

I'm mad.. I'm sad... I'm.. Smad! - good ol' sookie.

This is sad definately.

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:58 pm »

Obviously ... things didn't go our way today.  Let's be honest, May 3rd is nobody's friend.  But that's no reason to give up.

Join us in fighting the good fight until the very end.  Find your nearest calendar, locate May 17th, and circle it.  Personally, until I hear Lauren or Alexis declare, adamantly, that season 8 is dead and gone ... or ... until I hear The CW officially announce next season's schedule (on May 17th) ... I'm going to keep on trucking.

Participate in the Great8Mandate however you see fit.

~Heidi

I'm in.  Sending letters until May 17th is pro-active, positive, and truly shows we care!!  Haven't posted a lot of my thoughts yet about the news and more than likely won't be able to until after the finale.  I just want to say, though, that this show has been an incredible friend to me (which sounds odd but is true) and I have been forever changed by it.  I will always be eternally grateful to it.  If, by some last-second chance, we get a miracle season 8 it would truly mean the world to me.  

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: May 03, 2007, 10:10:19 pm »

This announcement is indeed quite a bit of a setback in our quest for an 8th season. Personally I think this is some conspiracy (due in part to my denial about the whole thing) to lure Lauren and Alexis back...and not to mention with the amount of letters and e-mails the CW will be receiving until May 17th. There has got to be something else behind this.

Keep on writing those letters to show support for an 8th season! We won't go down without a fight!

Bam Pow Bam Pow

Smiley

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: May 03, 2007, 10:15:41 pm »

I wish I could be there to see the truckloads of letters they are going to receive each day from now until the 17th.. hehe.
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: May 03, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »

I'm mad.. I'm sad... I'm.. Smad! - good ol' sookie.
Made me smile a little bit through the sadness. Smiley

*Edited because it's been a long day and clearly I don't know how to type or function at all anymore.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:17:47 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: May 03, 2007, 10:16:53 pm »

I'M NOT LETTING THE CW REST UNTIL WE GET OUR GILMORE GIRLS BACK!!!

Make it known how you feel - that you're not happy! I'm sure that something could be negotiated if they really tried...and gosh darn it, we'll let 'em know how we feel!

COUNT ME IN, HEIDI!

After speaking with a dear friend of mine, she really opened my eyes to the thought that despite what's been said, Lauren and Alexis could very well have wanted to come back, but didn't end up doing so because, well, let's face it, they aren't the most appreciated actresses in the business. Now, of course WE appreciate them and that's why we need to keep letting them but especially the CW know how we feel!!

I'm off to go write more letters to put in the mail tomorrow! I'm not resting!
Let's make May 3rd be a day we'll soon forget because we'll have a new day to never forget! That day will be the day that we hear Gilmore Girls has been picked back up!

Much like Shell, I haven't said much about how I feel after reading the news but don't know how much I could say because the words just aren't there. The Gilmore Girls has been more of a friend to me than friends in my real life has been. The girls have made such an impact on my life, I just can't express it right now! But, I can act and will keep on writing and writing!

Don't stop now! We've got nothing to lose but the Gilmore Girls Forever! And we don't want that!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:27:24 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
chanelthenerd
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: May 03, 2007, 10:25:53 pm »

I'm still in total shock that the CW has announced the end for GG. I found out through a newsletter they send to my email every so often, and as I read this terrible news I still couldn't believe it. Although deep deep down inside me thought there could've been a slight chance GG could be over, more of me felt we had it in the bag for another season, or at least a shortened one that is. My hopes were really high and I wasn't dreading the last two episodes as much because I secrelty felt there would be another season, but today hearing it all, it has shattered all my chances for an upcoming one. I wonder to myself, how can they end this whole series within two episodes? It just sounds unimaginable and rushed. Are we, the loyal fans, really getting "the send off we deserve?" (Quoted by CW/WB) I'm feeling a mixed of emotions sad/upset/shock..I really want to know the real answer. Was it CW who was not wanting to cooperate or Alexis and Lauren? I personally feel that maybe CW is more responsible for this, for upsetting us all and not willing to go the extra limb in keeping this wonderful show still on. The cast of GG should be well taken care of and fully appreciated, I mean they deserve it for all their hard work they put into the show for the past 7 years. Maybe CW wasn't giving this to them? I don't know..All I know is that I will continue to show my support for our girls. I will continue to vote on teavee.com/gilmoregirls and send all my heartfelt letters to everyone at CW/WB. I'm hoping for a miracle...*crosses fingers*

P.s. Thanks for all the support the GG community has given me. I know we are all going through this together and everyone has been great in listening to eachother and being there for one another. You guys are the greatest! GG forever...
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: May 03, 2007, 10:26:34 pm »

I can't stop crying! Cry The second I heard this, I went into shock and started crying! I'm mad but mostly sad, I think my anger stage will hit soon! My GRANDMOTHER is even shocked and mad! My grandmother doesn't even care a whole lot for tv, she watches GG but isn't addicted like me. I told her the show was cancelled and she laughed cause she couldn't believe the network would be so stupid as to cancel one of their top shows!!! We are discussing it now and we came up with a few things that could make them announce a fake cancelation!

It was just yesterday that the network once again tried to convince the girls to come back, they were throwing more ideas at them. If they were so confident in their new lineup, why would they still be fighting for GG?! I think that maybe this is a fake announcement to test the cast to see just how much they care about the show ending. If the cast went into shock, that means they thought it would come back which means they were willing to come back, I don't know why they would turn down all those offers the network made them but maybe this news will get the cast thinking more and maybe wanting to come back, maybe they will beg to come back! This will also attract alot of viewer attention! I think this is a ploy just to get attention from everyone!!

I think that even with the worst possible news we could have ever gottan, I think there is still hope in all this darkness! Keep going guys! Embarrassed I don't think this fight is over!! Angry We have to flood Dawn with angry letters! We have been coming up with all these amazing ideas to keep the show from being cancelled, now I think we have to use those ideas to take the show out of cancellation! We have to get this! Undecided

So count me in Heidi! I'm not going down without a fight!! Angry

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: May 03, 2007, 10:37:56 pm »

Hey everyone. Just saw the news on an Australian News Website. I hate the thought that all our work has been in vain.
I used to watch a show called The Pretender and when it was cancelled the fans rallied for whatever extra they could get. In the end they made two movie length episodes to tie up lose ends, this was after the confirmed end of the show. My point is that this doesnt mean we have been defeated and if we complain enough maybe we can get something extra out of them (even a live audience thing with the cast all coming together and reminscing over their time on GG with someone like Ellen or Oprah???)
Lets keep at it, we are not defeated!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3898 on: May 03, 2007, 10:43:14 pm »

Morning everybody, I just found this : http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2007/05/bulletin_gilmor.html Sorry !

SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: May 03, 2007, 10:50:39 pm »

mara that is so sad
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: