The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:38:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762958 times)
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: May 03, 2007, 07:46:32 pm »

What my mom said earlier today was that possibly, the CW is just trying to get some recognition for the show. If a buzz about Gilmore Girls comes about, more people MIGHT be interested or atleast more would know of it. My mom was wondering if maybe they just want some press, because of the disappointment of GG this season. To make Gilmore Girls a big show again, sort of. Then, after a while, the CW makes a better offer to LG and AB and they accept. That was just her guess, but I thought it was one that made a bit of sense.

August 6th! 
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3871 on: May 03, 2007, 07:48:26 pm »

I agree with your mom!  There is so much speculation here, I'm just at this point really hoping that we aren't getting our hopes up for nothing.  Okay, so I'm being kicked off the computer for tonight...I'll be back on tomorrow morning.  And writing letters like crazy.   I'm not giving up without a fight.  And fight we will do!

Viva la Gilmore!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 03, 2007, 07:51:13 pm »

That is a good theory.  This story sure is getting plenty of attention, thats for sure.  Just make sure you write plenty of letters, emails, send whatever you can to the CW...  make some noise!!!!!!!!!!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 03, 2007, 08:01:33 pm »

Is there anything we can do? Or is it basically all over??  Cry  Cry  Cry

I am definitely going to be looking into florists tomorrow to see if there are Real Daisies that can be sent from anywhere nationwide for a price that's good for a Gg fan's budget.

-- Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know what causes Kirk's night terrors (I mean, besides his mother, Taylor and perhaps the thought of his mother sleeping with Taylor.)
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12:13 pm »

"People always tell you that small groups or one person won't change anything, it's just not enough. Yet, they are always the ones that change the world and make a difference."

-Someone whos name completely left me right now... Undecided

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12:39 pm »

By LYNN ELBER, AP Television Writer
Thu May 3, 4:29 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Goodbye "Gilmore Girls." The sharp-witted saga of an independent mother and daughter that added to the luster of the young WB network, will end its run after seven seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

The show, which last year moved to the CW network created by the merger of WB and UPN, will air its final episode May 15 at 8 p.m. EDT, CW and producer Warner Bros. Television announced Thursday.

"Gilmore Girls," starring        Lauren Graham and        Alexis Bledel and created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, "helped define a network and created a fantastic storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters," CW and the studio said in a joint statement.

They thanked fans for their "passionate support" promised to give the show "the send-off it deserves."

Ratings had dipped this season for the series, which lost Sherman-Palladino as its guiding hand because of a contract dispute.

The drama with comic overtones followed the lives of single mom Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her equally bright and beautiful daughter as they grew up together, struggled through romances and tried to find their place in the world.

Rapid-fire patter, the series' hallmark, delighted fans but took a toll on its cast.

"Getting the language perfect requires a number of takes that you might not have on another show," Graham told The Associated Press in January 2006.

"It's just a lot of work — 13, 14 hours door to door. I've missed weddings, I've missed babies being born. I'm not complaining, because of what it has brought me, but I would be ready for a different balance."

Sherman-Palladino and her husband and fellow executive producer, Daniel Palladino, left after failing to come to terms with the studio on a new deal, and the series struggled creatively and in the ratings this season.

The April 24 episode drew fewer than 4 million viewers, down about 25 percent compared to the same time last year.

As production on the show got under way last fall, its future then uncertain, Graham speculated about the final chapter.

"I care very much how the story ends," Graham said told the AP. "... It would be my worst nightmare if we end the show with a wedding. To me, the premise of the show was, `What if your parent was your best friend?'"

"That's the thing you leave people with, the strength of this family and this relationship," she said.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 03, 2007, 08:14:09 pm »

I want to send daisies, i really do.  I would just HATE to spend any money on these CW people when they have shown so little compassion for the fans through this entire situation.  Oh well, ill probably break down and send some anyway lol
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 03, 2007, 08:15:37 pm »

Corrections to my earlier quote:

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

-Margaret Mead

We are that small group of thoughtful people right now.

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: May 03, 2007, 08:16:07 pm »

I had a hard, long day at work tonight and I come home to see this.  Hidden I feel like somone has just punched me in the gut!  Cry  What the hell happened? Where could it had gone wrong between LG coming on set wanting to negotiate 13 episode season to nothing at all huh? An ultimatum.... yeah see how well it worked for Lorelai with Luke. Angry The only things I can do is keep working harder and send in my singing video to Dawn, and the agents of LG and AB to try and show them what an 8th season means to me. I can't give up not after all that hard work we have put into this campaign! Not after those late night voting sessions and personal letters I have sent to everyone. What was the CW thinking? They are just alienating fans and making more of a reason for people NOT to watch the CW.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 03, 2007, 08:20:28 pm »

Thanks for posting the article. It made me wonder if the CW execs are just out of their mind( a little exaggerated, but...) I mean they lose ASP and DP to a "contract dispute" and now a slightly similar thing is happening with LG and AB. The CW NEEDS GG. I know it's been stated over and over again on this thread, but...this doesn't make sense.

August 6th! 
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 03, 2007, 08:25:29 pm »

HEIDI- DID YOU SEND THAT 2nd PHOTO BOOK A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO?? IF NOT, NOW IS THE TIME TO SEND IT OR TO MAKE A  THIRD ONE!!!!

ALSO, I'll mention again that I was inspired by 7.20 and am going to video tape myself singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", with a little speech about dedicating it to Season 8, posting it on YouTube or Photobucket and then e-mailing the link 2 Dawn O and LG and AB's agents in hopes that they see it and feel what I'm singing about! If anyone else would like to join me on this, amek a video yourself and add the link to mine you can PM me here! I suggest songs like: "Somewehere Over the Rainbow", "I Will Always Love You", and "Where You Lead" all though you can chose any other song you feel fitting. Thanks!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 08:30:17 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 03, 2007, 08:31:15 pm »

I cannot believe this.  I really couldn't.  This doesn't make sense.  There has been so much positive response to the last few episodes and with all the mandating stuff people have been doing.

I'm in complete denial and I know it.  But I cannot give up hope.  Maybe a miracle will occur.  I guess we all just have to keep mandating.  And if it ends up being the end, well, then, we've had a fantastic show.  But I refuse to give up now.  Now is the time when things must get even more serious.  There is still two weeks left.  

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 03, 2007, 08:31:31 pm »

I just want everyone to know that i have sent 60 emails to the CW and to the two emails on the first page here, today so far. I will send like crazy i am just copy and paisting till i get tired. Lets kick butt
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 03, 2007, 08:36:16 pm »

It is a shame that it is going to end this way.  They have already filmed the last episode and I can't imagine they can wrap all this up in 2 shows.  One being Rory's graduation.  If only they didn't waste so much time on the christoper line.  I think that is were the began to loose veiwers.  
I just want this show to have the ending it deserves .....I am afraid it will go out with a whimper.  They have done such a great job on this show for 7 years (it was great this week!) and the thing that will be remembered is there was really no ending of the show.  It just stopped....
Well they say we will be happy with the ending so I will have to wait and see but again I just can't imagine how it will in 2 shows.
So very sad!!!
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 03, 2007, 08:44:29 pm »

I keep searching everywhere in hopes that somewhere there will be a new update saying that they have changed their mind
 Cry
why....what are they thinking
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: