The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:14:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766033 times)
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: May 03, 2007, 06:04:45 pm »

I haven't been on all day and I see this...I'm so sad. Sad This weeks episode was so good I was getting all geared up for next year. I can't say I'm going to hold it against Lauren or Alexis, but I'm definatly not happy....

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
lukesbiggestfan123
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: May 03, 2007, 06:16:03 pm »

hi, im a 13 year old girl from a southern state. you dont need to know much about me...because im sure you think im like every other girl in this protest to keep gilmore girls for another season. but no, this is more than a show to me otherwise i wouldn`t be writing this. i watch falcon beach, laguna beach etc. other shows. but no show has ever taught me so much in my life more then gilmore girls. gilmore girls touched me and sucked me in..and it has become a part of my daily life. i absouletley love the show. and i was torn to hear about a possible end to it all ]= i know i wont change that cuz im just an ordinary 13 year old girl. but please, know that we are all fighting for this show for another season. i wont give up. i saw wat happened to 7th heaven and i believe the same will occur w/ gilmore girls. please belive everyone. believe and you will receive. this show means more then just drama to me..all i wanna see is luke and lorelai together forever..and then you can end it. just give us our happy ending afterall its written in the stars<3
THE GREAT 8  MANDATE! SAVE MY GILMORE GIRLS. I LOVE YOU LUKE RORY LORELAI AND OTHER CAST MEMBERS WHO MAKE THIS INCREDIABLE SHOW POSSIBLE. YOU HAVE ALL INSPIRED ME IN MANY WAYS AND CHANGED MY LIVES FOREVER...YOUVE REALLY MADE A MARK IN MY LIFE. THIS SHOW IS MY LIFE, I THANK YOU ALL WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE<3 ITS BEEN AN AMAZING 7 years. i will miss it..i will cry my heart out every night. but these 7 years have been incredible. how these characters grew in relationships.....

gilmore girls is a way of life...amazing show. <333 congrats creaters of this show, you've done an outstanding job A+

Thank you...once again<3 its been amazing and sooo incredibly heartbreaking to hear that this is it ]= we are at the end Sad

"Thank you"
<3
love,

lukes biggest fan!!!!
go luke n loreali!!!!!! f0reverrr 2getherrr
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: May 03, 2007, 06:46:17 pm »

Apparently Lauren and Alexis don't care about their fans.. they were offered a crap load of money to continue to just 13 episodes and they couldn't even give us that..

That's not entirely accurate, IMO.  The CW are the ones who announced the cancellation of the series -- and remarks from Lauren and Alexis are conspicuoulsy absent from the press release.  Which STRONGLY indicates to me that the gals were willing to hear another offer.  Lauren and/or Alexis (probably both) may have shot down the CW's latest offer, but they weren't the ones announcing "We're done, the show is cancelled." It's the CW that balked and walked away from the table.

it makes me mad.. did our work go unnoticed?  i don't get it.. we did so much! it was impossible not to notice us!  I just think if they really cared what their fans thought, they would have signed.. im just ranting and mad!! i can't believe this!

Now.. watching these last 2 episodes will be like having a best friend for 7 years and only having 2 more days with her ever.. and only being able to watch old home movies.. never to see or talk to her again.. thats how i feel..

There are two weeks left until the Upfronts and this news is taking even the crew of the show aback so there's still time to change minds.  The most appropriate place IMO is to send letters to Dawn Ostroff (Send real Daisies to her!) and perhaps letters to Lauren and Alexis asking them to see if they can arrange for the CW to meet them halfway between the figures they're tossing at each other (whatever they may be) during this current impasse.  Whatever the CW doesn't want to give the Gals, they are, of course, underestimating the value of the show to the network's identity and stability (Oh, gee, I'm down from about 7 WB shows at one point when Buffy, Angel, Gg, Everwood, Smallville were all on the network at the same time and when 7H was at its campiest bad -- and various short-lived one-hours and sitcoms -- down to 4 CW shows this year (Gg, VM, Smallville, Supernatural) and it'll be down to 2 next year (Smallville and Supernatural, since it would be idiotic from any sort of economic standpoint to renew VM even though I would still watch it if renewed.)  It seems to me that if the CW is going to keep on going this way, then they simply *are* the last vestiges of the WB and UPN, just waiting for Ostroff to turn off the lights.

I *like* the sort of scripted shows that the WB was famous for, that the CW inherited -- Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Buffy, etc.  But it seems to me that the CW got infected by UPN's fatal problem in the merger:  they do not have any idea of what they want their network to be, so they're actually rejecting their target audience -- and even their NON-target audience like me who have been on The WB's wavelength anyway.

So, IMO, it's too early to wallow, it's time to put on the pressure.  We can break out the Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough later.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I'd trade all the Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough ice cream in the world for even one more season of Gilmore Girls.
khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: May 03, 2007, 07:02:01 pm »

I have to thank all of you for the words of encouragement. I have not been in the best mood today ever since I heard the news but again there is a chance, even if it is a small one that we will see the return of the Gilmore Girls.

I have decided to write a few heart-felt letters to those who decided to wrongly cancel the show. I will give it the old college try, as the saying goes.

And I will try to keep my negativity to a minimum, but I make no promises.

Wake up CW network, you are losing one of your best shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. by the way, what are May 17th Upfronts?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:03:33 pm by khadijahnm » Logged

ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3859 on: May 03, 2007, 07:04:54 pm »

I couldn't agree more Rob!  I'm still in so much denial about all of this to be completely honest.  This, honestly, just isn't adding up.  I mean, with the CW claiming how badly they've wanted another season of GG, you would think they would negoate until the upfronts in two weeks.  But no, they announce that it isn't being renewed, with two weeks to go?  I still think we have a chance to change this.  I mean, there is just too much at stake with GG not being renewed for the CW.  They will be losing one of thier highest rated shows?  It just doesn't make sense.  More letters and more emails are going out from me tomorrow.  I'm so glad that tomorrow is my day off, I spend the whole day mandating!  

Please, CW, please, please, please give us another season!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: May 03, 2007, 07:11:58 pm »

I agree with Rob and just about everyone else here.  None of this is making any sense...  Everyone mail out letters to Ostroff tomorrow!!  I plan on boycotting the CW if Gilmore Girls doesnt come back at all next year.  I just hope it wasnt the Girls decision not to continue...  I wish we had more information.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 03, 2007, 07:15:02 pm »

p.s. by the way, what are May 17th Upfronts?

The Upfronts are the week that all the networks unveil their fall schedules -- and they do it to all the major advertisers in order to sell the majority of the advertising space for the next year.  Each network takes a different day, the CW's is the 17th, two days after Gg's series season finale.  So we pretty much have until then to change minds, to apply pressure, to have conniption fits in a non-stalkery, non-Trekkie-like way.  Any actors from the cast that were signed through the end of s8 are probably going to remain under their options until, usually, June 1st in order to allow for just the kind of thing that we're trying to do -- help save a show.  It's a moot point for Lauren and Alexis because, like, their contracts had to be renegotiated -- they're at the end of their option periods, but others may not be, especially if they signed back onto the show recently expecting the CW not to walk away from the show.  Sometimes, as with Roswell or JAG, it's about the show jumping networks, or with Farscape, getting a four-hour miniseries to conclude a jaw-dropping cliffhanger and bring the series to a real close.  More rarely, it's about getting the network to uncancel the show -- as the CW did with 7th Heaven for a *far* more specious reason.

Anyway, we've got two more weeks to write mail and otherwise campaign for the show's return next season.  It ain't over 'til May 17th no matter what the press release says.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because really, having to transfer all that energy about Lor and Luke into Abby and Luka getting married on ER tonight just isn't even a sugar substitute version of the type of ending the show should have.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:18:12 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 03, 2007, 07:18:37 pm »

Some people on the TVguide.com boards are saying Lauren taped an interview with Ellen that will air tomorrow... anyone know if this is true?
rozekuru
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: May 03, 2007, 07:20:47 pm »

I just joined the forums today, because although I'm a huge GG fan I haven't been compelled to say anything 'til now. I suggest that we light the net world on fire; post on every discussion board you can find so that the season 8 mandate spreads beyond the core, diehard fanbase to everyone who's ever had a GG quote brighten their day. If, for example, you're a member of www.deviantart.com , post on the forums here: http://forum.deviantart.com/entertainment/movies/846530/
We've got to save our girls! My mum and I watch the show and bond over Lorelai and Rory's relationship, my friends at school are constantly quoting lines, and it's just too brilliant a show to lose!
ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3864 on: May 03, 2007, 07:22:33 pm »

Some people on the TVguide.com boards are saying Lauren taped an interview with Ellen that will air tomorrow... anyone know if this is true?

Not sure...I went on to her website and it doesn't mention anything about Lauren being on it, but I'll probably watch it tomorrow just to be sure.  And while I'm watching I'll be writing letters...frantically!  AH!

LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 03, 2007, 07:23:07 pm »

THIS STINKS!!!! Angry Cry

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 03, 2007, 07:25:39 pm »

Is there anything we can do? Or is it basically all over??  Cry  Cry  Cry

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3867 on: May 03, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »

Is there anything we can do? Or is it basically all over??  Cry  Cry  Cry

We've got two weeks to snail mail, email, send smoke signals, carrier pigeons, morse cord, etc, everyone other there at the CW and the Girls to renew.  You can't give up total hope, we still have the possiblity of a 11th hour contract aggreement.  We still have a chance, and that we can not forget. 

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 03, 2007, 07:38:45 pm »

Apparently Lauren and Alexis don't care about their fans.. they were offered a crap load of money to continue to just 13 episodes and they couldn't even give us that..

That's not entirely accurate, IMO.  The CW are the ones who announced the cancellation of the series -- and remarks from Lauren and Alexis are conspicuoulsy absent from the press release.  Which STRONGLY indicates to me that the gals were willing to hear another offer.  Lauren and/or Alexis (probably both) may have shot down the CW's latest offer, but they weren't the ones announcing "We're done, the show is cancelled." It's the CW that balked and walked away from the table.

Rob, this post has made me happiest of all your posts so far I think.  I have had this exact conversation with 3 other people today and the fact that you are also thinking along these lines gives me hope that I'm not just grasping at straws.

Keep in mind GG fans, that this could very well have surprised the Girls just as much as it has us.  With the reports that the cast and crew are seemingly stunned, it really makes me believe that this is the network playing hard ball with the girls, and effectively using the series ending news release as the harshest form of negotiating, in the hope that the girls will come back to a figure the network wants.

So all our mandaters, step away from the collective ledge, put the cookie dough down, pick up your pens/keyboards and let the network know that we support the Girls and the show, and that if they care at all to retain any audience for future shows, they should perhaps do right by the ones they have already got. 

Bam Great8Mandate Pow
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 07:41:41 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: May 03, 2007, 07:44:32 pm »

Rob, this post has made me happiest of all your posts so far I think.  I have had this exact conversation with 3 other people today and the fact that you are also thinking along these lines gives me hope that I'm not just grasping at straws.

Keep in mind GG fans, that this could very well have surprised the Girls just as much as it has us.  With the reports that the cast and crew are seemingly stunned, it really makes me believe that this is the network playing hard ball with the girls, and effectively using the series ending news release as the harshest form of negotiating, in the hope that the girls will come back to a figure the network wants
I really really really hope this is the case. Cause it really just doesn't make sense what went on.

For writing letters, would it be best to hand write them? The only time I ever wrote letters to a network, I typed them up and signed them.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: