The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 07:50:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733371 times)
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: May 03, 2007, 04:59:08 pm »

i needed somewhere to rant, don't even bother to read =/

For the past 7 years i have not missed an episode (with the exception of one, i am in college afterall) of Gilmore Girls. I was there when Both Rory and Lorelai had their hearts broken, and they were there when i had mine. I was there for Rory's graduation, and she was there for mine. This goes for many cases. For each shitty day after another, i have managed to turn on one of my seasons of GG and it has made all the difference. My family is not one that is close, or hell, even talks alot, and in place of what i have, i have found a family in these girls, i have found a world in which to escape and feel happy about having. I spent countless nights throughout my high school career searching for new sites on GG. The ORG always being the one i turned to the most. I have spent countless hours reading fanfic, writing fanfic, making fanart, etc. I know here that sounds like most of us, and to an outsider, i may sound like a complete loser who had nothing better to do with her time. But that's not the case as we know. I'm 19 years old. I shouldn't be so upset about losing a show i love so dearly. But i am. When 7th heaven and Buffy were both canceled (i was a fan of both) my heart was sad, but i knew it was time. Now for GG, i know it is not time, and knowing that. It hurts much more than i can take.  I know we all have hope saying that 7th heaven came back for a season (or even Buffy got picked up for a different station) but we know each show's last season wasn't what we had hoped. I lost faith in both of those shows come their last seasons. People fought for 7th heaven, and look where it is now. Unfortunately, i feel as if it has been ruined for me by keeping it on just a little too long. I can understand where the girls and the station is ready to move on. But the fans are not. It's not as if fighting to keep around a show that will fail in it's last season, but instead, fight to get the goodbyes we deserve. My boyfriend is not a fan of the show, and yet, every tuesday he is by my side watching it, in support. He isn't very good with knowing how to handle me when i'm upset. But a few moments ago, i called him anyway. He surprised me quite a bit. He knew how much this was hurting me, and for the first time, didn't stumble on the right words to say. He understands how important this really is to me.
I have a tendancy to hate things that repeat if i don't like them. Unfortunately when i was 7, my father died. It was in may. Now that Gilmore Girls has ended, in may, after 7 years. This i know will cause a problem for me. I know myself well enough that i'll fear anything nearing 7 years, and as usual, hate the month of may. This news has torn us all apart. We keep striving for a change in mind, but it said offical announcement. I highly doubt it will be coming back, much to our dissapointment and heartbreak. I feel as if our hard work has gone unnoticed. I hope all continue to try our best to save what we know should be saved. But i hope we all understand that the chances of our hardwork to come, isn't likely to help us if our past hardwork didn't. Atleast now we have some time to cope prior to the finale, and all we can do is go up.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: May 03, 2007, 04:59:43 pm »

I've been MIA for a few weeks around here. And this morning I told myself I was going to write some letters tomorrow and send them out. Then I came home and heard about the bad news. I'm not one to write letters, but I am still going to do this, even if it doesn't help. It's wrong that they did this to us with only two episodes left! And I highly doubt that the last episode will be enough to "wrap up the show".

TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: May 03, 2007, 05:03:08 pm »

Come the last episode of season 7 (not the series finale! not the series finale!!), I know I will be in complete shambles. Bring on the kleenex.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: May 03, 2007, 05:07:34 pm »

Im am extremely depressed, i felt like I just lost a family member!  How could this happen? I thought everything was going great, it sounded so good and hopeful!!! how could this happen.. we did all that we could tho!  I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left.. ever!!! its gonna end up making us wonder for the rest of our lives of what coulda happened or what did happen.. i hate this.. i don't like that decision!!!!   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed     The only resolution we will get from luke and lorelai is most likely just accepting eachother again.. not what we want.. they wasted the season on Chris.. im so depressed, i don't even feel like looking at anything GG right now.. how could they get our hopes up like that and crush us!  I think i'll cry for days....

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: May 03, 2007, 05:09:46 pm »

I feel as if our hard work has gone unnoticed. I hope all continue to try our best to save what we know should be saved. But i hope we all understand that the chances of our hardwork to come, isn't likely to help us if our past hardwork didn't. Atleast now we have some time to cope prior to the finale, and all we can do is go up.

I was just reading Kristen's page on eonline.com and she reminded me, too, of how much effort was put into an eighth season. We WON the "Save Our Show" poll, we started the Great8Mandate, we have been faithful to the show, even when it wasn't at it's best this season. I think, as fans, we deserve much more than a 2 episode countdown! I thought the shortened season 8 was a perfect solution. Why is all the hardwork and progress we've made, being put aside?! No other show on the CW can even compete with GG. I just don't get this.

August 6th! 
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3845 on: May 03, 2007, 05:11:30 pm »

This is completely depressing!  I can't believe that they are canceling!!  I'm in totally shock!!!  I'll be writing some emails and letters tonight to be sent off first thing in the mornning.  We can not give up hope yet!!  We just can't...ah!!  This is not the news I wanted to see here tonight!  GRH!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: May 03, 2007, 05:16:19 pm »

Who would be the best person to send the CD to?

I was thinking Dawn Ostroff.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: May 03, 2007, 05:17:56 pm »

What CD? I saw another post about it, and I was wondering what I missed.

Tanna
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3848 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:07 pm »

I'll be writing letters tonight to send in the mail.  I will also be emailing too-it can't hurt so I might as well do it.  I was hoping and wishing that we would get a at least a half a seaon next year.  I won't get my hopes up again but I also won't go down without a fight!

Tanna

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: May 03, 2007, 05:20:37 pm »

Apparently Lauren and Alexis don't care about their fans.. they were offered a crap load of money to continue to just 13 episodes and they couldn't even give us that.. it makes me mad.. did our work go unnoticed?  i don't get it.. we did so much! it was impossible not to notice us!  I just think if they really cared what their fans thought, they would have signed.. im just ranting and mad!! i can't believe this!

Now.. watching these last 2 episodes will be like having a best friend for 7 years and only having 2 more days with her ever.. and only being able to watch old home movies.. never to see or talk to her again.. thats how i feel..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:22:04 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: May 03, 2007, 05:22:16 pm »

I made a CD with songs that reminded us about GG.
It was supposed to go out tonight, but I heard about the news, so I stopped.
But now I am going to send it!
I'm determined to get this show to sign an 11th hour contract!

TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: May 03, 2007, 05:23:08 pm »

What are all of the songs that are on it?
"Where You Lead," I'm sure. Smiley

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: May 03, 2007, 05:28:08 pm »

Apparently Lauren and Alexis don't care about their fans.. they were offered a crap load of money to continue to just 13 episodes and they couldn't even give us that.. it makes me mad.. did our work go unnoticed?  i don't get it.. we did so much! it was impossible not to notice us!  I just think if they really cared what their fans thought, they would have signed.. im just ranting and mad!! i can't believe this!

I really don't think that's it. They do care about their fans. What would have kept them on the show after ASP left? THEIR FANS. They've showed that they care. I seriously think it was just how insulting the offer was to them, that they didn't accept. And I don't blame them. As much as I want a season 8, I'm not gonna blame the girls. I think our efforts did go noticed. Not a whole lot, but enough for them to at least consider an 8th season. We did a lot, and it showed. I don't think the hard work went totally unnoticed.

August 6th! 
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: May 03, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

I don't know.. You just wonder now.. what will they do next?  No one is gonna wanna see Alexis's movies.. alot of people are mad at her no matter what anyone says.. Lauren can still do movies.. but it won't be the same.. I just wish they knew how much this show meant to us just enough to swallow their pride and sign on for the 8th season.. the only reason they went through to season 7 was because it was in their contract to.. i sometimes wonder what if their contract was up last year.. would we even have gotten a season 7?  that would have sucked a whole lot.. leaving it the way season 6 ended.. but seriously.. the series is gonna end with Rory going out into the work force.. Logan all alone.. Luke and Lorelai just where they started off at at the end of season 4.. no progress there.. besides the fact that they are gonna be "together" again or thats what they want us to think.. who knows.. i just really wanna see it.. not imagine it.. I just hope that they change their minds at the last minute b/c its gonna be a severe dent in the CW ratings..i just don't understand.. why turn down a job that wants you and is willing to pay you more money then you could ever spend in a lifetime.. a sure thing.. for maybe someday down the line hoping to get a movie job or a modeling job.. nothing is sure.. who knows.. they could never have a movie job or anything ever again.. Its just tooo soon!  alright.. I think thats my final rant for the night.. the first step is accepinting it.. and then doing something about it.. I just have to process this all before I do anything concerning GG right now.. I know i'll feel different in a few days.. just right now.. it seems wasted and pointless and very depressing.. I just hope that the last episode really has all the cast in it.. has everything happy.. no drama.. and ending it just like the series started.. with lorelai and rory sitting in the diner with luke there with them.. its just always gonna be in the back of my mind.. did they get married.. did they have kids.. did rory have all her dreams come true.. did she get married and have kids.. what happened to Logan.. what happened with Lane and Zach.. does lorelai and her parents have a true relaitonship and how does that work out.. just so many unanswered questions.. I had a dream the other night that Lorelai and Luke got married and they had a big house out in the country and it had a big backyard.. and Luke built a swingset for their child that was just born.. and he built the crib and everything.. and they were happy.. and all.. I'll have to resort to fanfiction, hopefully there will be some good ones to cheer me up.. i like reading them.. Tongue  alright.. i think I got mostly everything outta my system.. lol.. i feel a little better.. but not so much  Undecided

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: May 03, 2007, 05:44:15 pm »

What are all of the songs that are on it?
"Where You Lead," I'm sure. Smiley

More, More, More - Bananarama
Sing, Sing, Sing - Count Bassie
I Try - Macy Gray
Eternal Flame - The Bangles
Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain Tenille
Saddness Soot - Grant Lee Phillips
Mixed Bizness - Beck
Earn Enough For Us - XTC
Bright Future In Sales - Fountains of Wayne
The Weakest Shade Of Blue - Pernice Brothers
There She Goes - The Las
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Marrison
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
One Fine Day - The Chiffons
Wedding Bell Blues - The 5th Dimension
Roam - The B-52's
Where You Lead - Carole King

And stillstanding: I agree about Alexis.

But I still think Lauren could do movies. She is still a GREAT actress, and people knew somewhat about her before GG. I sure hope she does movies after season 8 (still in denial!)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 05:47:57 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: