The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:43:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765749 times)
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: May 03, 2007, 03:40:41 pm »

Very sad!  Very very sad!
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: May 03, 2007, 03:51:45 pm »

I emailed both of Ostroff's email addresses.
I really hope if a lot of us do the same, and also send snail-mail, she will get the message. Not that it will definitively change anything, but she will get the message and hopefully think twice. Or three times. Or four.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3827 on: May 03, 2007, 03:54:41 pm »

Small reminder ...

Hi guys,

In the event anyone's interested, here are Heidi's thoughts ...

1.  I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat things; the show is probably (most likely) canceled.  The network has released a statement saying as much, etc.

2.  There's still hope.  (Ask any 7th Heaven fan. Wink)

3.  By all accounts, season 8 negotiations just broke down (we're talking within the last couple of days).  TV Guide is reporting the Gilmore crew thought season 8 was in the bag (and I can confirm that as well).  In my humble opinion, I think the fact that talks just broke down slightly works in our favor.

4.  It also helps that we have two new Gilmore episodes before the May 17th Upfronts.  If our Girls can pull off some big numbers (ratings-wise), I don't see how The CW could not go back to the negotiation table.

What to do now? ...

Let all applicable parties know that you want (need!) season 8 ... and do it double time!  There is no right or wrong way to do this; send postcards, letters, paper flowers, real flowers, etc.  Be creative.  Whatever you decide ... just do it.  Soon.  Just do it, soon.  Wink

~Heidi

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: May 03, 2007, 03:54:57 pm »

I emailed both of Ostroff's email addresses.
I really hope if a lot of us do the same, and also send snail-mail, she will get the message. Not that it will definitively change anything, but she will get the message and hopefully think twice. Or three times. Or four.

Yep.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: May 03, 2007, 03:58:01 pm »

I think it’s definitely important to keep sending letters to girls too, juts in case the network goes back to them, we want the fans’ desire for more to be fresh in their minds.  So I’m going to put together a bundle of letters to the studio and the girls (a few to each) and I’ll send them out snail mail in the morning.  And then I’ll do the same tomorrow night, and every night (except Saturday – no mail Sunday Wink) until the 17th.  As everyone else has stated, at the very least it will let the network know what a mistake they’ve made. 
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3830 on: May 03, 2007, 04:05:15 pm »

Anyone:
Any email addresses for the cast? Huh

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: May 03, 2007, 04:18:38 pm »

Alexis’ Managers:

Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

As always take extra care when using these ^^ 

Dawn Ostroff & CW feedback:

[email protected] and [email protected]

I don’t see one for Lauren Graham’s representative I don’t think anyone ever found one, I’ve done most everything to her through snail mail. 
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3832 on: May 03, 2007, 04:20:48 pm »

Unbelievable. I feel like I have whiplash. Wasn't I all High on the Maze, suggesting songs for the CD? WTF happened???

I can't believe they announce that GG is canceled *before* VM is!?!? Maybe VM will get another chance afterall... I am in shock...

I think it is so rude to announce that the show isn't coming back when there's only 2 episodes left. "we'll give it the send off it deserves"... Oh really? you already taped the last show ever!!!  Two episodes...that's our big countdown... a loyal fan for 7 years... seven years that I've followed and loved these characters, and I get TWO measly shows to prepare to say goodbye- which if we're lucky, maybe Rory will find a job, and maybe Luke and Lorelai will go on a date.... blah- I'm mad!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
GGgirl4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Ryan Ross <3

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: May 03, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »

I can't breathe. I'm so shocked right now. I don't get when they said they were going to give the show a proper send off. Shocked.

LORELAI: Pass.
RORY: Why?
LORELAI: Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith. Next.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: May 03, 2007, 04:24:12 pm »

Oh my god! And today was a good day too Sad. I hope that we can get GG back!! We're NOT going down without a fight!!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: May 03, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »

Unbelievable. I feel like I have whiplash. Wasn't I all High on the Maze, suggesting songs for the CD? WTF happened???

I can't believe they announce that GG is canceled *before* VM is!?!? Maybe VM will get another chance afterall... I am in shock...

I think it is so rude to announce that the show isn't coming back when there's only 2 episodes left. "we'll give it the send off it deserves"... Oh really? you already taped the last show ever!!!  Two episodes...that's our big countdown... a loyal fan for 7 years... seven years that I've followed and loved these characters, and I get TWO measly shows to prepare to say goodbye- which if we're lucky, maybe Rory will find a job, and maybe Luke and Lorelai will go on a date.... blah- I'm mad!

Hey never

That is the perfect GG rant to send to the network  - so get to it.  Lets let them know that they are shooting themselves in the foot!!!

I'm still reeling.  I literally woke up not long ago (in Australia), started getting my son ready for school, looked outside and it had been raining which is great because we are in the middle of a drought, heard the birds chirping and thought to myself....'I'd better log on, today looks like a great day for some positive GG Season 8 news'.

And I agree with this whole 'we'll give the show the send off it deserves' outrage.   The send off it deserves is another season where DR doesn't have to use half of it digging himself out of ASP's hole of depression.  It deserves to be that final season that fans want to throw in to remember how great the show is....and this is coming from a fan of Season 7.  I liked that the whole Christopher 'situation' was played out, it was just hard for that to happen and still have that quirky SH feel.

Keep fighting the good fight peoples
 Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3836 on: May 03, 2007, 04:35:40 pm »

There is no reason to let Gilmore Girls go down without a fight!!!

As several people have mentioned, Seventh Heaven was brought back in the nick of time, thanks to devout followers.  And what does GG have, if not millions of devoted fans?

I wrote the following letter today, and I plan to send it to several people on Heidi's list.

I found out today that a show dear to my heart had been cancelled.  "Say it isn't so!"  I exclaimed, and promptly checked several websites, only to learn that it was true.  Gilmore Girls, a show I have loved since "There She Goes" by The La's played as Lorelai walked down the street and into Luke's, had been given the axe.

Now all I can do is plead the case for a show that, if it could, would speak for itself.  Gilmore Girls is the only show of its kind.  It's fast-paced, witty, and original; the characters are the best developed on television, whether you love them or hate them.  I could run into Michel at a Celine Dion concert, I could visit Lorelai and Sookie at The Dragonfly, or Kirk could attack me during one of his night terrors.  This is how real the characters are to me.  Gilmore Girls is not only a television program; it's a whole other world that millions of viewers get lost in weekly.

Cancelling the show after only two more episodes would leave many strings dangling.  Even if, by some off chance, everything did manage to be explained and tied up, it would not be enough.  If that did happen, then there would be no room for everything that makes Gilmore Girls the amazing show that it is.  I do not want a Ross/Rachel-esque five-minute conclusion.  I would like closure and an episode full of Lorelai, Rory, drama, and many obscure pop culture references.  Two episodes simply is not enough time to give Gilmore Girls the send-off it deserves.

In all honesty, I do not even want a full season.  I think a half-season would be perfect; it would be just enough to tie up all the loose ends, but not enough to shove the show down the metaphorical drain.  Because of what happened to Seventh Heaven, a show that is, in my opinion, much less deserving than Gilmore Girls, I and many others still cling to hope that this wonderful program will return for another season.  Please, for the sake of the most brilliant show on television, do not disappoint us.

-

There's no reason to give up hope!  Remember Seventh Heaven and fight for our Girls; write, write, write!

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: May 03, 2007, 04:37:40 pm »

I am writing letters as we speak, preparing to be sent out in the mail on Saturday.. I hope each one of you reading this are doing the same thing. Everyone keep on mandating, never give up!!  I am so happy to be a part of a community that is as determined to keep GG going as I am.. it brings a smile to my face on this sad sad day.
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3838 on: May 03, 2007, 04:38:36 pm »

Well,too depressed for tonight,I'm going to bed now 1.35am in the Basque Country,Spain.
Hope to see some positive news tomorrow.
Keep sending emails,letters anything please,please.
Night,night Embarrassed

TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: May 03, 2007, 04:38:48 pm »

LitLover, I think that's a really great letter. (I would've quoted it, but it was SO long. heh.) Good job! Keep it up!

Show everyone that we will NOT let GG go down without a struggle!

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: