The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:40:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729923 times)
Da girls
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: May 03, 2007, 03:00:41 pm »

Like everyone else I too am so sad to hear the news.  7th Heaven was cancelled and brought back, so it really can happen to us too!  Not to sound negative but Dawn Ostroff never did listen to Everwood fans last year and that show had at least another season to go on.  We have less than 2 weeks to send letters and whatever else to her.  Two Cents Two Cents Fight Fight Fight  Two more shows will just not be enough.....their lives (Lorelai and Rory) are just beginning again and getting exciting and new.  I liked what Shut up Rob said "Rory rolled the, the network should too."
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3811 on: May 03, 2007, 03:01:50 pm »

Sounds like the CW made a low offer which the girls rejected because they (the CW) thought that they had "better programming" lined up for next year.

Do they actually think that anything they put on will get better ratings?  Going up against American Idol?

lol
Lol.
I couldn't name a show on that channel that's better than Gilmore Girls  Sad
There is still hope though, not much, but we still have 2 weeks.

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: May 03, 2007, 03:10:29 pm »

I just sent another letter off to Dawn letting her know of my disappointment in the network and their forward thinking.

If she is inundated by letters, at least she'll know that the CW made a mistake.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: May 03, 2007, 03:11:47 pm »

I left a message on the CWs comment line, and with Paul Mcguire, just letting them know how i think its a mistake to let Gilmore Girls go and how i dont plan on watching the CW after GG is over.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: May 03, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »

Ausiello just added this and it re-assures me that the network back out:

The show's cast and crew — many of whom thought an eighth season was in the bag — are said to be in a state of shock. "Everyone was pretty blindsided by this and still processing it at the moment," reports a Gilmore insider. "Talks must have broken down very, very recently because it came as one hell of a surprise."

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Updated-Gilmore-Girls/800014182&start=90

Believe it or not, I think this is *great* news (I wish it didn't come at the expense of the cast and crew, but still . . .).  This means that we have a LOT of room to apply pressure to Ostroff and the network over the next two weeks.

I'm going to suggest now that this means that 1) the CW made the announcement with the possibility built in of encouraging LG and AB to reconsider and take the most recent offer that the network gave them (which, if it was significantly less than Kyra Sedgwick money, was just plain insulting) and 2) we can still apply pressure to Ostroff and the network and the studio to meet the gals' demands and use Gg as the loss-leader that the network desperately needs next season.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because with VM already clearly toast at the end of the season and now Gg, the CW will have to shut Sundays down entirely or have too big a number of holes in their schedule to fill.  "Save the Lorelais, save the Sundays!"
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: May 03, 2007, 03:16:24 pm »

I sent Dawn Ostroff an e-mail, hope she actually reads it... I'm sure she has a ton in her inbox now! At least I hope so anyways... I sent it to the 2 e-mails on the first page of this thread, hope those are still current.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 03, 2007, 03:18:25 pm »

I sent Dawn Ostroff an e-mail, hope she actually reads it... I'm sure she has a ton in her inbox now! At least I hope so anyways... I sent it to the 2 e-mails on the first page of this thread, hope those are still current.

I'd also suggest that you (and everyone else) send a snail-mail off to her as well (possibly today).  A big stack of letters looks a lot different than a full in-box.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3817 on: May 03, 2007, 03:22:46 pm »

I'd also suggest that you (and everyone else) send a snail-mail off to her as well (possibly today).  A big stack of letters looks a lot different than a full in-box.

I suggest that as well.  No, wait ... I demand it!  Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: May 03, 2007, 03:23:14 pm »

No. NO. Just a bad dream, right?HuhHuhHuh?

Everything did point to the other direction!!!! What happened?Huh??

They can't leave us with just some vague if_she_says_so_this_could_mean..and so on ---- they have to FINISH the story!!!!!!!!!!!
(And they can't take the set down when I bought my flight tickets to go Los Angeles in August just this morning!!! NO!!!!)

Don't know if I'm sad or angry .... probably both...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Angry Angry Angry Cry Cry Cry

funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: May 03, 2007, 03:25:27 pm »

I suggest that as well.  No, wait ... I demand it!  Wink

~Heidi

will do!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3820 on: May 03, 2007, 03:25:42 pm »

(And they can't take the set down when I bought my flight tickets to go Los Angeles in August just this morning!!! NO!!!!)

Totally agree with you here ... I mean I haven't tickets already but I wanted go there this summer to visit the set .. well, seems like this is not gonna happen now Sad

Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: May 03, 2007, 03:29:25 pm »

^I think i'm going to put the same thing on my avatar as yours! I'll definitely try to write that letter today.

August 6th! 
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3822 on: May 03, 2007, 03:29:37 pm »

Okay so I sent 5 or 6 emails to the network already,to different people. I think I can only work with emails since I'm far too far from the States.
This can't be happening when I'm planning to visit the set and L.A again when I go to study in Colorado in August.
So...yeah I'm basically writing, that the network (Ostroff) promised she would do anything to bring the girls back, and now that the cast is in,,,how come the network is out?
That, and the fact that there is no time to end the series properly,lots of storylines that need to continue in at leeast a short 8 season.

We need to change the networks mind in these two weeks.They need to know we are all in for another season.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: May 03, 2007, 03:37:19 pm »

The CW are a joke.. seriously.  Sad

Sounds like the CW made a low offer which the girls rejected because they (the CW) thought that they had "better programming" lined up for next year.

Do they actually think that anything they put on will get better ratings?  Going up against American Idol?

lol

The reports have it that the network offered the gals a sizeable pay bump but whatever that pay bump was, it wasn't even close to what they were asking.  I know, define "sizeable."  IMO, the network/studio offering anything less than what Kyra Sedgwick is getting for The Closer was a major eff-up on the network's part, not only not justifiable in light of how insignificant TNT is (despite Sedgwick's token award nominations) as a channel, but in how *insulting* it would be for the Gals to get paid less per episode than Sedgwick is when the gals 1) do nine more episodes per year and 2) do scripts that are of significantly higher difficulty than The Closer's are and 3) because the network needs the show in order to maintain its corporate identity and staunch the bloody perception that it's a failing network.

I don't harbor any ill will against the network.  I just think they need to know that once again, in a behavior pattern of screw-ups inherited from the WB that go as far back as letting Buffy go after s5, the CW keeps cancelling the wrong shows (Angel, Everwood, Gg) and keeping the wrong shows (7H, the pay-or-play deal for Reba) at the worst possible moments for their network reputation.

-- Rob

------------------------------
Season 8:  Because the CW should review what it does in this sort of situation, has done in this situation (cancellation at the wrong time and for the wrong reasons) and do the exact opposite.
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: May 03, 2007, 03:37:47 pm »

Totally agree with you here ... I mean I haven't tickets already but I wanted go there this summer to visit the set .. well, seems like this is not gonna happen now Sad

Well, we'll go there anyway... but maybe skip the Burbank-studios and visit Dawn Ostroff instead!!!

I'm so sangry (=sad&angry), I can't tell.

Richtige Zeit um schlafen zu gehen. Gute Nacht, Pamela
 Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: