The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:13:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734574 times)
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: May 03, 2007, 02:17:46 pm »

Do you think Lauren or any of the other cast will be doing any appearances before the series finale airs?  Like Ellen, Regis and Kelly, anything like that?
I would love that.. I certainly hope so!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 03, 2007, 02:19:07 pm »

Hi Rob.
What I meant bu that was that we still had a couple of weeks to bring the GG back. I didn't intend to sound agressive,I just meant that we need to do everything in our power for them to see that we still care about it.
Sorry if my post sounded that bad.I'm in a shock and desperate to do something about it.
Leire

No problem.  I apologize if I made you feel called out on that post as I intended it to be more of a general address, but I guess that can happen when I took a direct quote from you.  Sorry again!

Also, more generally, we don't really need to see posts of various news reports unless they provide more information as they're all basically rehashes of the initial press release.  Kristin and Ausiello and Ausiello's cohorts at TV Guide are likely to get updated information than the newspaper articles are, so my suggestion is to limit posting news to anything from those sources, as they're just waaaaaay faster and the sheer number of newspaper articles posted here IMO seems to be depressing viewers.

Remember, Dawn Ostroff herself uncancelled a really, really bad show (7th Heaven) last year hours before teh upfronts -- so we've got two weeks left until the Upfronts to apply reasonable pressure.

LoveMeSomeGg:  The gals don't have any appearances scheduled for the talk shows, day or night, for the near future.  They were in lockdown due to the negotiations, so IMO, the soonest we'll see a Gilmore Gal on the talk shows is the week or so around the premiere of Evan Almighty the third week of June.  Then Lauren will likely be all over the place.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because since Lauren and Alexis didn't participate in the press release, it's clear that the network backed away from the table, not the Gals.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:27:55 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: May 03, 2007, 02:24:44 pm »

well I said I would cry and I am... I teared up over the past few months just thinking of it ending and now it actually is. This is massively heart-breaking.  I just can't believe that this is how it's going to end, it finally started getting back to normal with the return of ASP but now just like that it's gone... I just can't believe they are going to end it like this with a half-assed finale. Unless they're going to do re-shoots before it airs now, but even then how can they sum up everything in 2 episodes. I want to Luke and Loreli get married and have a baby or at least be pregnant in the finale, and same with Rory and Logan, and I want to see Rory with a great newspaper job, well at least that could still happen...   I'm so incredibly sad right now.   Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry  Cry
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: May 03, 2007, 02:25:43 pm »

When i just read season 8 is not going to happen i was  bawling my eyes out. they cant be serious! this is the most dredful things ever Sad Sad Sad

sarah =)
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 03, 2007, 02:38:09 pm »

ok this is what i am doing and i hope that others will follow. i am at page one on the mandate and i am clicking on dawns email i am writing one email and then i copy and paist it and do it over and over we can do that with the word daisy and what not lets get anoying.. then more the better
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 03, 2007, 02:39:18 pm »

Ausiello just added this and it re-assures me that the network back out:

The show's cast and crew — many of whom thought an eighth season was in the bag — are said to be in a state of shock. "Everyone was pretty blindsided by this and still processing it at the moment," reports a Gilmore insider. "Talks must have broken down very, very recently because it came as one hell of a surprise."

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Updated-Gilmore-Girls/800014182&start=90

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: May 03, 2007, 02:40:03 pm »

Oh no no no no no no no no no no  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they don't!!

There is no way in the world that we can let the network walk away from giving us the ending we deserve.  Yes the currently filmed final episode may very well wrap up a few stories as reported but there is no way that this will satisfy fans....who are they trying to kid!

Now is the time to writer more heartfelt letters.   Sure send paper daisies and books also, but letters that let the network know things like;

1.  The network will struggle without our girls
2.  There is no way true fans can be satisified within the time frame left.
3.  It was reported that Dawn Ostroff would do whatever it takes to get our girls back.  Well put your money where your mouth is Dawn
4.  We just won't watch what they have to offer in future if they can't make this happen.
5.  Point out that many disgruntled ASP fans have been returning to the boards lately, extremely satisfied with the feel of the show lately.  Let DR give us the real season we should end on!  Or if you prefer as Rob said, let ASP come back and write the ending,

Look I'm sure there are many other points that you can all think of, if at the very least it is that life simply will be not bearable for my family if they have to hear me complain about this for the next 10 years....and even then I may still not be over it!!!

Fight people!!!  Don't give up and remember that both Girls were there at the negotiating table.  They wanted in.  SO it is the network here that needs to come to the party.

I've really got to fly now, but when I get back I really hope to see that fighting spirit on this thread.  We've made a valiant effort to date, but it all means very little if we don't get our end result.  Don't get me wrong I will always be proud of this wonderful campaign that Heidi started, but really, if we don't get another season, well........

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

And sorry to steal your thing Rob but the way this has been reported compels me to end with this

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Dawn Ostroff said she would do whatever it takes!!!!!!!  Well now I'm waiting.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:41:57 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:18 pm »

honkifuluvGG, I love your attitude, we won't stop fighting.  I know I won't!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: May 03, 2007, 02:48:10 pm »

The CW is really shooting themselves in the foot with this one... I guess they had to make room for more quality programming like search for the next pussycat doll... UUUGHHH
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3804 on: May 03, 2007, 02:51:24 pm »

The CW are a joke.. seriously.  Sad

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: May 03, 2007, 02:53:36 pm »

the CW is really shooting themselves in the foot with this one... I guess they had to make room for more quality programming like search for the next pussycat doll... UUUGHHH

Definitely caught the sarcasm in that statement ^

Do they think they can get another show that will attract as many viewers as Gilmore Girls? That was their highest rated show. They could do better. Give LG and AB better offers. They could find the money. Easily.

CW is going down the drain after this.

August 6th! 
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3806 on: May 03, 2007, 02:54:11 pm »

Hi guys,

In the event anyone's interested, here are Heidi's thoughts ...

1.  I'm not going to lie or sugarcoat things; the show is probably (most likely) canceled.  The network has released a statement saying as much, etc.

2.  There's still hope.  (Ask any 7th Heaven fan. Wink)

3.  By all accounts, season 8 negotiations just broke down (we're talking within the last couple of days).  TV Guide is reporting the Gilmore crew thought season 8 was in the bag (and I can confirm that as well).  In my humble opinion, I think the fact that talks just broke down slightly works in our favor.

4.  It also helps that we have two new Gilmore episodes before the May 17th Upfronts.  If our Girls can pull off some big numbers (ratings-wise), I don't see how The CW could not go back to the negotiation table.

What to do now? ...

Let all applicable parties know that you want (need!) season 8 ... and do it double time!  There is no right or wrong way to do this; send postcards, letters, paper flowers, real flowers, etc.  Be creative.  Whatever you decide ... just do it.  Soon.  Just do it, soon.  Wink

~Heidi

Star  Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: May 03, 2007, 02:55:42 pm »

The CW are a joke.. seriously.  Sad

Sounds like the CW made a low offer which the girls rejected because they (the CW) thought that they had "better programming" lined up for next year.

Do they actually think that anything they put on will get better ratings?  Going up against American Idol?

lol

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
jennifer11334
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Gilmore girls 4ever <3

View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: May 03, 2007, 02:55:51 pm »

exactly!
we have to keep fighting i mean what if kristin is just trying to mess with our heads, shes not the most reliable person, and she has started rumors in the past,
its not over until we see a comercial on tv saying goodbye to gg,
the show finally got back to normal and we have to fight, now im sending a letter who should i send it to??

Lorelai: God, I'm nervous.Why am I nervous?
Rory: Because you're crazy.
Lorelai: Yes, good, thankyou.

~Babbette ate Oatmea~
1Gilmorelover
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

15 years old

View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: May 03, 2007, 02:56:22 pm »

It is very sad to say but the truth is Gilmore Girls will not have a eighth season. It has been confirmed and officially posted on the CW website this morning. There will not be another episode

http://blog.cwtv.com/
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: