The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:52:50 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734315 times)
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3780 on: May 03, 2007, 01:29:24 pm »

After how hard everyone has worked to get a season 8, we deserve it so much  Cry

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: May 03, 2007, 01:33:17 pm »

Okay I sent an email to Ms Dawn Ostroff...is it possible to send like a million more to the same person?

Sorry for the shouting, but I gotta say it like this

DO NOT AS AN INDIVIDUAL SEND A MILLION LETTERS TO THE SAME PERSON.

Any individual fan flooding any snail mail address, email address, voice mail or other way to contact that person will have the exact OPPOSITE effect that is desired.  If you as an individual are going to send more than one letter, limit yourself to *one* letter per day or per every other day.  What they should see is letters and other correspondence (and maybe Daisies) from as many *different* viewers as possible.  So if they start seeing the same names and addresses regularly, they'll start ignoring it.

How many shows has she uncancelled?

Just 7th Heaven, but Dawn Ostroff set that precedent herself, literally just a few hours before last year's Upfronts.  So we still actually have two weeks to change their minds.  Hence, I'm urging a campaign to send REAL DAISIES.  It won't be a problem because they'll be sent by a florist.  Even if they start, like, donating them to local hospitals or whatever, they'll keep track of how many are delivered.

Okay,so we really really really need to bug them with lots of letters,emails anything...to change their opinion.
Leire  

Within reason.  There's a difference between being an aggressively enthusiastic fan and being a Trekkie.   Grin

-- Rob

-----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory rolled the dice, and the network should, too.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:34:30 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3782 on: May 03, 2007, 01:36:12 pm »

Hey guys ..

.. so, I just came to the board, just wanted to check on the CD-idea and expected nothing bad - and now this!!! I really feel like crying right now  Cry

I feel like catching the next flight to the USA, going to the set and ... well, I don't know, but I wanna do something!! Are we still sending in this CD?

I don't know what to think now ... We just felt so happy about winning SOS poll, doing so great on teavee.com voting, sent in so many letters, books - everything.

Well, I have to digest this news now ... sorry for being a downer right now  Undecided

@Rob ... I am with you on that flower idea right now!! What site would you recommend to send the flowers? And if it isn't possible to place an order from outside U.S. - does anyone have a paypal account and could send the flowers in for me if I'd send him the money??
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:39:44 pm by divine » Logged

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3783 on: May 03, 2007, 01:43:21 pm »

Hi Rob.
What I meant bu that was that we still had a couple of weeks to bring the GG back. I didn't intend to sound agressive,I just meant that we need to do everything in our power for them to see that we still care about it.
Sorry if my post sounded that bad.I'm in a shock and desperate to do something about it.
Leire

SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: May 03, 2007, 01:47:48 pm »

After months of speculation about the fate of "Gilmore Girls," the CW and Warner Bros. Television announced today that the show will end its seven-season run this month.

Going into this season, it was widely known that the popular dramedy about a mother and daughter would carry on only if both Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, who play the fast-talking Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, wanted to extend their contracts. In recent weeks, there were rumors that the show would return for a 13-episode season to wrap up the series. According to a source close to the show, the network and the studio were unable to make a deal to keep the show alive.

"Gilmore Girls" was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino for the now-defunct WB, where it was one of its most popular shows. Sherman-Palladino birthed the show's acclaimed signature style: rapid-fire pop culture references embedded in a larger thematic backdrop of a young single parent raising her daughter in the manner she wished she'd been raised. Since it became part of the CW's first slate of shows when the new network was created from the merger between UPN and WB last year, it has also been one of its most-watched shows. It averaged 3.3 million viewers, and has been able to sustain its ratings among young female demographics in the Tuesday 8 p.m. slot even against "American Idol."

Throughout its run, "Gilmore Girls" inspired as fanatical a viewership as any show on television, including ones with much larger audiences. But Sherman-Palladino and her husband and collaborator, Daniel Palladino, left at the end of the sixth season when the duo could not reach an agreement with Warner Bros.

David S. Rosenthal, an executive producer for the show, took over the series this season, and his tenure has received mixed reviews from critics and viewers.

Locking in "Gilmore Girls," one of the CW's few unqualified successes, had been a priority for the new network. As all of the TV networks ready themselves to announce their new shows to advertisers at Upfronts later this month, the CW has few sure things on its schedule for next season. "Veronica Mars," its comedies and "Supernatural" have all struggled in the network's first year.

A joint statement from the CW and Warner Bros. read, in part, "Announcing the final season of 'Gilmore Girls' is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters."

The series finale will air on May 15.

kate.aurthur@latimes.com
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: May 03, 2007, 01:52:04 pm »

Goodbye to 'Gilmore Girls' on May 15By Kimberly Nordyke

May 4, 2007

"Gilmore Girls" is coming to an end.

The CW and Warner Bros. Television said Thursday that the long-running series, which debuted on WB Network in 2000 and this season became part of the CW's inaugural schedule, will have its series finale at 8 p.m. May 15.

Sources said that an offer had been put on the table for the show's two stars -- Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel -- to continue the series, but an agreement could not be reached.

In a joint statement, the network and studio said that making the announcement about the show's end is a "sad moment."

"This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters," the statement said.
Advertisement

"Gilmore Girls" was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, who along with fellow executive producer Daniel Palladino left the show at the end of last season after a contract dispute with WBTV. The CW and the studio praised the duo along with current executive producer David S. Rosenthal and the rest of the producers, writers, crew and cast members.

"We would also like to thank the critics and 'Gilmore' fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the sendoff it deserves," the statement said.

In its first season, the CW's schedule was comprised primarily of shows from the WB and UPN, which merged to form the new network last year. While "Gilmore" won't be returning in the fall, it's understood that the CW is high on its development slate for the 2007-08 season.
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:01 pm »

This is truly a sad, sad day for GG fans everywhere  Cry  Cry . I don't know what can be done to change the CW's mind but I do know that we can't let the show go without a fight. We don't know that we can't make a difference unless we try. This is probably denial seeping in but I find it hard to believe the network was set in wanting GG back next year and the next minute folded like a deck of cards and gave up. We don't know the circumstances regadign the decision but this just doesn't make any sense.

Like ShutUpRob said, 7th Heaven came back to life last year and this year GG could as well. I'm writing a letter to Dawn Ostroff now and I hope she gets flooded with fan letters and e-mails. All the hard work we did doesn't have to be for nothing.

Don't let this get you down completely. There's a lil fight left in all of us.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:38 pm »

Wahhhhhhh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

life is, at its best, boring.

View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: May 03, 2007, 01:58:32 pm »

I think that the final decision was made by the girls. I suppose they wanted out. A decision I can understand, although I'm having a hard time adjusting to it right now. This is a sad day.

Wahhhhhhh Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Let me live, love and say it well in good sentences.
r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:05 pm »

And I'm really sad as well that I started watching GG so lat.. I am completely certain that my life would have been so much better had I had the influence of the Gilmore girls when I was younger.  Cry 

r0ry
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:45 pm »

totally random, sry.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: May 03, 2007, 02:06:05 pm »

Well, you asked for 'em, so here are my drive-by siggies so far.

But first, keep in mind that:

1) Yes, I am a Lorelai fan.  Hence the running theme that can be expressed best with the mathematical theme of Lorelai + Dirty = Like, yay!

2) Some drive-by siggies have been edited because they were based on topics that were timely on the thread when I wrote them, so those needed to be updated.

3) I added one or two siggies entirely within this list.  I'm not daring anyone to find 'em.  No, really, I'm not.  (The Hollaback Girl one is new.)  And I cut a couple of siggies that make no sense to me anymore.

4) Yes, this list is freaking long.   Shocked  ALL of my 70+plus posts to gg.org have been on this thread.  D'Oh!   Grin

5) I'm not doing another siggie for this post.  You have enough of them to chose from.   Tongue

So, without further adieu, I present:

Rob's Drive-By Siggie List:

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because it ain't over until Amy Sherman-Palladino writes the final episode.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because the show is NOT done yet.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because clearly, the network needs to pay them what they're worth and should not think they can rely on *much* weaker (Veronica) shows (Mars) to maintain their identity.  

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I need La-La's on a cloudy day.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Joss hasn't written the musical episode ("Once More, With Caffeine") yet.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because for an encore, I'd like to see Lorelai sing something by Evanescence.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I'm part Irish, and that's all the excuse I really need.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because, to quote Faith the Vampire Slayer, "It's just like riding a biker" . . . named Lorelai.  (Dirty!)

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory has yet to meet her Luke.  (Sorry, Rogan'ers!)

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because somebody needs to tell Lorelai that riding a bike in 4-inch heels is *wrong.*  And with no helmet, either?!  Who does she think she is, Lauren Graham?!  (Or would that be "Jennifer Aniston"?)

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because a writer's strike might ensure that the actresses get a longer vacation between season 8 and season 9 and thus they might have the time to start missing the show more and thus have every motivation to come back and . . .

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Gilmore Math works this way:
Season 8 = GIL-MORE
Season 7 = GIL-LESS
Season 9 or more = GILMORGASM (Dirty!)

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because it's just like riding a bike.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Before I get carpal tunnel syndrome from typing so fast, darn it!

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Lorelai would point out that since Spider-Man has organic web-shooters, watching Peter and Mary Jane make pillow talk on a gigantic web of . . . glandular secretions . . . is waaaaaaaaaay Dirty imagery.  

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because in some alternate universe, Lorelai doesn't sing Dolly Parton songs -- she's the fourth Dixie Chick.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory is spunky.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because [Comic Book Geek] Rory was apparently not at her job in Stamford when the New Warriors' fight with Nitro destroyed 8 city blocks in Marvel's Civil War #1. [/Comic Book Geek]

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory rolled the dice.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory's Mom Has Got It Goin' On.  

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I'm an optimist.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Stars Hollow still doesn't have enough hay.

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Lorelai would never let someone with epilepsy watch the movie, "Domino."

Season 8 AND Season 9:  Because we'll eventually need to find out if Rory is a "Little Edie Beale" or a Christiane Amanpour Lara Logan.

Season 8 AND Season 9:  Because we want to see Lorelai fulfill her dream to have more kids before she goes through menopause.

Season 8:  Because becoming an adult is *supposed* to be painful.  At least, that's what I've heard.  (Okay, I'm a 36-year old Kirk, I may never grow up.)

Season 8:  Because we wanna see how Rory's first pancake will turn out.

Season 8:  Because I need as much more of Lorelai cracking lewd or otherwise risque jokes as I can get.

Season 8:  Because Kirk hasn't conquered his Night Terrors yet and somebody still needs to tell him to just imagine Lorelai naked!

Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs to get another B-52's shirt -- that old one was ratty even in Season 1.

Season 8:  Because we need to know why Lorelai hated "Magnolia."  (What, was it too much like her life?)

Season 8:  Because when your daughter grows up, it's not supposed to *be* the same.

Season 8:  Because I'm exactly like Lorelai -- shy, panic-attack-level anxious, hypercaffeinated, and pop-culture addled -- if she weren't hot and an inch taller than me and if, like, I weren't male.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai has a well-developed sense for the camp value of bad television.

Season 8:  Because the 4-hour VIP tours look like they rock when Lauren is around.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai's hyperanxiety is a turn-on.  (Uh, did I just type that one "out loud?")

Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks great wearing nothing but a blue flannel shirt.  (Oooooohhhhh, those legs!  That messy, morning-after bedhead look!  Sigh!)

Season 8:  Because I think the newer viewers need to be reminded that Lorelai might just be into spanking.  (Dirty!)

Season 8:  Because Lorelai and Chris weren't in Paris long enough to legally get married there.  (2 weeks at best when France requires 30 days of residency for the marriage to be legal.)

Season 8:  Because Because Because Because Becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuse, because of the wonderful things she does!  Like put a catfish in her bathtub.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai is the hottest fangeek ever.  I mean, look at how gorgeous she is and yet still has the strange attachment to her videotape collection that all of us geeks who taped everything in the 80's when we were teenagers still have.

Season 8:  Because we need to know why a rich Irish family with plenty of second cousins running about has only *one* child, when rich Irish families (even Protestants, like the Gilmores are) tend to have huge broods.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai fakes that she doesn't know anything about math even though she has a degree in business administration.

Season 8:  Because Agent Kellerman (okay, his twin brother, now that Kellerman is dead) should come in and sweep Paris off her feet.

Season 8:  Because Hep Alien's speed-punk version of the Greatest American Hero theme was soooooooooooooooo da bomb!

Season 8:  Because Hep Alien's version of Hollaback Girl was soooooooooooooooo da bomb, too!

Season 8:  Because I want to take the VIP tour of Warner Studios while the show is still going and I won't be in SoCal until Comic-Con.

Season 8:  Because an 8 turned sideways looks like boobs and that just makes me think of Lorelai's preoccupation with the size of Rory's boobs and her lack of recognition that size doesn't matter.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks great in cashmere.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai gives better dating tips to Kirk than Luke does.  Well, less judgmental, more empathetic dating tips, that is.

Season 8:  Because Sookie says Lorelai looks great topless -- and I want proof.

Season 8:  Because I like the Gilmore Girls Drinking Game rule of "Take a double-shot of a McDonald's Strawberry Milkshake every time you see Lorelai wear something pink."

Season 8:  Because we haven't heard anything from the Troubadour this season and even if he shows up again somewhere in the final five episodes of the season, it still won't be enough.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai should have twins sometime during the series' existence, whether certain people want to do the storyline or not.  And because I want to imagine Lorelai having a sex life.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs to wear another Bunny Ranch T-Shirt.

Season 8:  Because Lauren and Alexis are worth waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than what Kyra Sedgwick is getting for The Closer.

Season 8:  Beacause I want to see Lauren have to deal with young children (and llamas) on Gilmore Girls, not Evan Almighty (although I'll watch that, too.)

Season 8:  Because Kirk has better hair than Sanjaya does.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai remains the sexiest MILF on television.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai made me learn what Brazilian Bikini Waxes are for.  And I need more of that sort of information.

Season 8:  Without Bad Santa 2: The Coming of Sue, season 8 will just have to do.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai turns 40 next season!

Season 8:  Because even though Jackson won office of Town Selectman honestly, we want to see why Taylor got his job back.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai's boobs are smaller than Rory's.  Take Rune, for instance . . . a smaller boob I do not know.

Season 8:  Because there's no such thing as too many daisies.

Season 8:  Because if the troops support Gg, then we must support the troops, yes?

Season 8:  The Search For Reasons To Write the Dog Paul Anka Out of the Show.

Season 8:  Because I'd rather see Lorelai run out of the Dragonfly naked.

Season 8:  Because Lorelai is the best part written for an actress in the history of television (and that includes Scully and Buffy).

Season 8:  Because Lorelai is such a mass of mysteries and contradictions and hilarity and empathy and sexiness that we need to have at least one more year of her.  Let's hear it for TV Guide's Sexiest Mom of 2007 -- and hopefully, beyond!

Season 8:  Because Rory still has sooooooooooooooooo much potential to become an Aerie Girl a Dirty girl a Kayak, just like her mother.

Season 8:  Because you can never have enough Dirty.

Season 8 or Bust?  Season 8 or Lorelai's Bust?  Season 8 *and* Lorelai's Bust -- a much better solution!

Season 8 or Bust!  We don't need Lorelai and Luke to get married (okay, I don't), we just need them to have lots and lots of sex twins!  

and

"Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for (at the very least) one more year?"

-- Rob

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:24:02 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: May 03, 2007, 02:09:25 pm »

Ugh.. this sucks Sad
Well guys we tried so hard and I guess there is just nothing we can do!?  I guess.. we have to let go at some point and unfortunately now is the time.  I mean, even if we did get an 8th season.. would it really be any easier to let go next year at this time?  Probably not.  But I dunno.. this really does suck.  I don't see how it can just end now.  I have never been so sad.  Gilmore Girls is the only show ever in history that I have watched and loved this much since day one.  I have never been so attached to a TV show before.. it's crazy, it's such a huge part of my life.  All of you here know how I feel.. there is no use in going on and on about my sadness right now.. we all feel the same way. *hugs for everyone*  All we can do is continue to support GG after it has gone.. and support all of the actors in everything that they do.  I think we should still send out this CD, we have to.
paul_anka
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: May 03, 2007, 02:10:33 pm »

Cry*sniffles* i hardly ever am on, but when I heard about this i just had to blabber on adn on and CRRYYYYY!!!!!! *sniffsniffsob and plays depressing music* if I know that i still have Milo on Heroes i wouldnt be able to stand up!!!!
 Cry Cry Cry Rain

Asante-Sana, Squash Banana! We we nu nu, mi mi Apana!!!!!
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: May 03, 2007, 02:11:12 pm »

i love them all hah Grin

sarah =)
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: