The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 07:48:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733350 times)
Chareey
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: May 03, 2007, 12:49:48 pm »

The CW were 'all in' for another season a week ago, what fantastic new programme has changed there mind?  I would understand if Alexis and Lauren didn't want to carry on, but if they were "considering" deals they must still feel a little bit of compassion towards the show. I find it extremly sad that they don't seem to care how this show ends.
Yes, it may be able to 'wrap up storylines' but I don't see how it will satisfy fans.
Chris and Lorelai fans will be only satisified fans, they have had [nearly] a whole season of marriage and ILY's. But how can you make up for the 6 seasons of Friendship, Love and Heartbreak we all watched LL go through together, I don't think a mildy good rendition of IWALY will make up for that, not for me anyhow. The close mother-daughter relationship was not evident this season until last episode.
Really, its just sad that this once brilliant show is going to go without a bang.
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 03, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

I'm not sure what the CW could do if Lauren and Alexis don't want to do it though, I'm just wondering how much all the letters and emails can do if the actors aren't interested.

Sharon

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3767 on: May 03, 2007, 12:54:43 pm »

I'm not sure what the CW could do if Lauren and Alexis don't want to do it though, I'm just wondering how much all the letters and emails can do if the actors aren't interested.

Sharon

TV Guide reported that the network walked away.

UPDATE:  Maybe not.  Ausiello just said ...

"In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.

Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected.
"

~Heidi
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 12:56:35 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: May 03, 2007, 12:58:37 pm »

Yeah, but that just says to me that the network walked away from negotiations, which makes it sound like they couldn't come up with a deal that would suit both Lauren and Alexis and the network.  If the offers were made, and they weren't accepted, what choice does the network have if they aren't willing to pay more? 

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 03, 2007, 12:59:03 pm »

Interesting i guess the girls just really didnt want to do another season.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 03, 2007, 01:01:17 pm »

That was a little uncalled for, LGLDandRGLH4evr.  This is a huge blow!  Give them a minute to cope with the news, okay?  We will start the next round of campaigning soon enough.  Just chill out.

mandate_supporter, While I sympathize with your sentiment and *want* to chill out, the clock started ticking with this report.  The campaign must power up again IN FULL starting NOW because It is not unprecedented for the CW to uncancel a show at literally the last minute because they did the very thing with 7th Heaven last year.

Thus, it's now time for everyone that can afford the forty bucks or so to send a vase of *real* daisies via your local FTD florist to Dawn Ostroff at her office at:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

I will be posting all my drive-by siggies shortly as suggestions for slogans you might want to add to your notes to send to the CW.

-- Rob

---------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because the show is NOT done yet.
GlmrGrltAtHeart

Community Points: 44

Bunny cake! Yum!

View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: May 03, 2007, 01:03:22 pm »

I am going to cry Cry seriously. I am sending a letter to Dawn Ostroff tomorrow. I just came on the Org and was like WHAT! What I am very very, X a million verys, sad, depressed, and angry Wall

JJs  will always keep F.A.I.T.H.
Maurie: High on the Maze.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:11 pm »

I am crying so hard right now... I am going to send a letter to Dawn Ostroff and then go up to my room and wallow.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:30 pm »

Interesting i guess the girls just really didnt want to do another season.

Ausiello has posted another report that somewhat conflicts with Battaglio's report, but somewhat backs it up -- it looks to me like BOTH sides wanted to make a deal but couldn't come to terms.

Read Why Gilmore Girls Had to End
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Gilmore-Girls-End/800014182

In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.

Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected.

The official statement is below.

"Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves."

Much more to come. In the meantime, post your eulogies below. Stay strong, guys.

-----------------------

In any case, since the season ended filming last month, the ONLY real place to send daisies to remains Dawn Ostroff.  Do it today, do it tomorrow, do it anytime between now and the 16th.  The Upfronts are on the 17th and it's not as if Ostroff has uncancelled a show before!

-- Rob

------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because it ain't over until Amy Sherman-Palladino writes the final episode.
sadGGFan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:45 pm »

I just found this on my local paper:(

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "Gilmore Girls," the saga of an independent mother and daughter that helped strengthen the young WB network, will end its run after seven seasons.

The show, which last year moved to the CW network created by the merger of WB and UPN, will air its final episode May 15 at 8 p.m. EDT, CW and producer Warner Bros. Television announced Thursday.

"Gilmore Girls," starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel and created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, "helped define a network and created a fantastic storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters," CW and the studio said in a joint statement.

They thanked fans for their "passionate support" promised to give the show "the send-off it deserves."

Ratings had dipped this season for the series, which lost Sherman-Palladino as its guiding hand because of a contract dispute.

The drama with comic overtones followed the lives of single mom Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her equally bright and beautiful daughter as they grew up together, struggled through romances and tried to find their place in the world.

Rapid-fire patter, the series' hallmark, delighted fans but took a toll on its cast.

"Getting the language perfect requires a number of takes that you might not have on another show," Graham told The Associated Press in January.

"It's just a lot of work - 13, 14 hours door to door. I've missed weddings, I've missed babies being born. I'm not complaining, because of what it has brought me, but I would be ready for a different balance."

Sherman-Palladino and her husband and fellow executive producer, Daniel Palladino, left after failing to come to terms with the studio on a new deal, and the series struggled creatively and in the ratings this season.

The April 24 episode drew fewer than 4 million viewers, down about 25 percent compared to the same time last year.

Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3775 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:59 pm »

I CANNOT believe this! this is crazy. we HAVE TO have an 8th season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3776 on: May 03, 2007, 01:17:28 pm »

Okay I sent an email to Ms Dawn Ostroff...is it possible to send like a million more to the same person?
How many shows has she uncancelled?
Okay,so we really really really need to bug them with lots of letters,emails anything...to change their opinion.
Leire

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 03, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »

Do you think Lauren or any of the other cast will be doing any appearances before the series finale airs?  Like Ellen, Regis and Kelly, anything like that?
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 03, 2007, 01:25:18 pm »

Kristin Eonline has weighed in:

The Gilmore Girls are leaving us.

Just this past Tuesday (as in two days ago), I heard from a CW insider that the network was still planning to go ahead with a 13-episode eighth season, and that Lauren and Alexis seemed to be on board...but sadly, something somewhere stalled, as the network and the studio just released the following message:

"Announcing the final season [of Gilmore Girls] is truly a sad moment for everyone at the CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the sendoff it deserves."

I think most GG fans agree the show was never quite the same after the departure of creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, but that didn't stop Gilmore's fans from being some of the most dedicated in television show, as evidenced by their victory in this year's Save One Show campaign.

Stars Hollow has been a TV home away from home for nearly seven years, and I, for one, am going to miss it terribly...Sigh. Anyway, let the wailing and rending of garments begin. HUG.

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: May 03, 2007, 01:27:28 pm »

HAHA now Kristin has something to say about Gilmore Girls, where was she when we won the SOS poll?
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: