The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 12:32:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729473 times)
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: May 02, 2007, 09:37:20 pm »

That's great for GG, I have been wondering how the ratings have been doing recently. Smiley
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: May 02, 2007, 09:38:28 pm »

Rob you always manage to make me feel better. I totally agree with you! Smiley I'm so happy with the raise of viewers last night!! Did VM really only get 2 mil? Its to be expected! Wink

Well, not that badly.† VM got 2.4 million viewers, which is only 60% of Gg's 4.04 million.† That's beyond suckitude and into disastrous!† Not only are the ratings for VM bad in absolute terms, they're also bad in terms of ratings retention even though the ratings are better than what VM got on UPN.† As a VM fan, I'm shocked.

K so I wanted to talk about the CD idea. I am in the middle of making a cover, I just am waiting for the song list so that I can write them on the back. Also I was wondering, do you guys want your name beside your song suggestion on the CD cover so that the cast knows who suggested the song? Oh and are we going to make a small book with short comments in it for those who don't have a mic? Huh

Songs:

First:† Anything that's been on the show and hasn't appeared on the soundtrack album (Time Bomb, IWALY, Hep Alien songs, especially the Greatest American Hero theme and Hollaback Girl, song snippets like Lor's Painting Song from s1, her Wind Beneath My Wings tease in s3, etc.)

Then, by character, but otherwise, in no particular order:

Lorelai:
My Immortal -- Evanescence
Elephant Love Medley -- Ewan MacGregor & Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge! soundtrack)
Feel Flows -- The Beach Boys
River of Dreams -- Billy Joel
Landslide -- The Dixie Chicks (written by, of course, Stevie Nicks)
Good Stuff -- The B-52's
Channel Z -- The B-52's

Luke:
It Doesn't Matter Anymore -- Buddy Holly (written by . . . you guessed it, "The Real Paul Anka")
Water -- Oingo Boingo
I've Just Seen a Face -- The Beatles (Paul, from "Help!")
Ray of Light -- Madonna† (Think about it: the song represents the Ray of Light of being a parent)
Momentum -- Aimee Mann ("Magnolia" soundtrack)
Little Lies -- Fleetwood Mac
I Want To Tell You -- The Beatles (George, "Revolver")

Rory:
Change -- Oingo Boingo (can anyone tell that I'm an Elfman fan?† I mean, Danny, not Jenna.† Wink )
Within You, Without You -- The Beatles (George, "Sgt. Pepper," of course)
Vienna -- Billy Joel

Logan:
Faith -- George Michael
At the End of the Day -- cast of "Les Miserables"
Until I Met You (Corner Pocket) -- The Manhattan Transfer
No One Lives Forever -- Oingo Boingo

Emily:
Piece of My Heart -- Janis Joplin

Sookie:
Recipe For Love -- Harry Connick, Jr.

Christopher:
I Told Ya I Loved Ya, Now Get Out -- Cybill Sheppard, "Moonlighting Soundtrack"
Time Bomb -- Rancid
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant -- Billy Joel

Kirk:
The End -- The Doors
I'm Not the Same Man I Was Before -- Oingo Boingo
The Passionate Shepherd To His Love -- PDQ Bach (from "Liebeslieder Polkas")

That's just the songs off the top of my very bizarre head.

† -- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because Joss hasn't written the musical episode ("Once More, With Caffeine") yet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:30:26 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: May 02, 2007, 09:52:28 pm »

Okay, so about this amazing CD idea!!!  If it's a sure thing, i have some questions!

Any idea of when you would plan to send it out/who is sending it.. or will there be multiple copies?
Roughly how many songs are we putting on it?
Are we going to create a cover/booklet and what would it contain?

K, I guess that's about it lol.  Any info at all that you might want to share and clear up with everyone who is interested would be great!
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3723 on: May 03, 2007, 12:01:25 am »

Morning to all of you... I'm starting my very own Dark Day. Cry (yep I'm wearing everything black)
Yesterday's Season 8 not looking so good news Undecided, and the fact that it's raining a lot, a lot (and tomorrow is my birthday,and it's going to rain a lot too). Angry
But well, I'm sending my songs for the Cd idea, Smiley and I'm writing some more emails later.. Grin hope that we have more good news by the time I'm back from class. Kiss

I need to go now for my two classes (Italian and Theory of translation...this last one...gosh...it's soooo boring).

HAVE A NICE DAY, AND KEEP MANDATING!!!

Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: May 03, 2007, 01:14:06 am »

Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because Joss hasn't written the musical episode ("Once More, With Caffeine") yet. - hehe. Damn Right ShutUpRob!

Going back to the first ever episode of GG - Rory and Lorelai have a fight, then both wallow with Macy Gray's "I Try"† In true Gilmore Girls' style, it's a song loved by mother and daughter?† Just a thought.

Also, I'm with Heidi here - if this CD is gonna happen, it has to be soon...† It can be done though!

Oh, and on the side... I'm a mad VM fan as well as a mad GG fan, so that news from ShutUpRob sucked!!† But by GOD. I'm gonna do my darndest to get at least ONE of the BEST SHOWS ON TV BACK!!!

Mandate for your life!!! ... Or at least your sanity (mine, anyway)

Christopher: ďThis town is like one big outpatient mental institution.Ē
Long live Stars Hollow!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 03, 2007, 05:41:13 am »

I just shot off a round of letters despite being fully immersed in the land of pessimism.† The CD is a great idea, Iíll try and come up with a few songs this morning as well.†
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 03, 2007, 08:43:08 am »

Okay.

How about the one that the Elder Gilmore's played at their second wedding? The name is blanking me, but this needs to happen, by, like Saturday.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3727 on: May 03, 2007, 08:53:47 am »

Do you mean that "Bill, I love you still" song? wow, I'm lacking for words also.....

Is it too obvious that Reflecting Light should be on that Cd too?

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 03, 2007, 08:59:18 am »

Yes!
What is "Reflecting Light"? Some obvious songs are needed. Like perhaps just some LaLaLaLaLAla's and "Where you Lead, I will Follow. Anywhere, that you tell me too..." IMO.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 03, 2007, 09:10:54 am »

Yes!
What is "Reflecting Light"? Some obvious songs are needed. Like perhaps just some LaLaLaLaLAla's and "Where you Lead, I will Follow. Anywhere, that you tell me too..." IMO.

Reflecting Light is the song that Lor and Luke danced to at Liz & TJ's wedding in LWFTWT.  It's from Sam Phillips's album "A Boot and a Shoe."

-- Rob

-----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I need La-la's on a cloudy day.
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 03, 2007, 09:30:47 am »

My DVD player is broken so I am unable to pop in my GG DVDs and look for ideas.† But, one of the episodes where Rory was going back to Chilton, Lorelai, Rory, and Lane were in Luke's diner and Lane asked if Rory could buy her some music from the record shop closeby.. She named a few CDs and I don't know if she listed songs but if anyone knows what I'm talking about and could list the musicians she suggested we could find some popular songs by at least one of those artists to use for our CD.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:38:49 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: May 03, 2007, 09:48:03 am »

This is the song of Emily and Richardís first dance at their vow renewal: "Wedding Bell Blues" by The 5th Dimension

This is the song Lorelai and Luke danced to at the vow renewal: "Moon River" by Audrey Hepburn

What about "One Fine Day" by The Chiffons?† Played for Rory and Deanís make up kiss in Season 2 but I think it applies nicely.† Not sure if someone suggested it already.

I can picture the scene youíre talking about xdeartragedyx but Iíve been searching transcripts and canít find it.† Can you remember specifically which season it was?† It had to be 1 or 2, I could have sworn it was one of the first episodes of whichever season it wasÖ

What about Culture Club "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?" for Kirk?
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 03, 2007, 09:58:46 am »

Ahh I know, it's killing me! I've been searching and I know it has to be season 1 or 2 as well, but I can't find it.† I'll keep looking.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:00:05 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 03, 2007, 10:06:10 am »

Something from Chuck Berry at the Fillmore?† Thatís the CD Rory bought Richard for his 60th birthday.† Or Bing & Gary Crosby "When You and I were Young, Maggie Blues"?† One of Richardís favorites according to Rory.†

Iím so close I can taste it, xdeartragedyx.† I think itís season 1 because in 1.12 Lane and Rory had this convo:

RORY: Wow, you went new-cd crazy! [dumping a bag full of cdís on the coffee table]

LANE: They just had an amazing selection today.

RORY: The best of Blondie...Kraftwerk...Young Marble Giants...Yoko Ono - really?

Itís gotta be somewhere around thereÖ
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3734 on: May 03, 2007, 10:19:07 am »

I also loved "Truly, Truly" by Grant Lee Buffalo from s1 e5  ... don't know if someone already suggested though.

So, how many songs are we having so far? Again Cathy - I LOVE this idea and thanks sooo much for putting the CD together!! Let's hope that all our effort pays off in 2 weeks at the latest Wink

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: