The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:45:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734720 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: May 02, 2007, 02:51:02 pm »

Okay everybody it is first thing in the morning here in Australia and this was not the Season 8 update I was hoping to see plastered on the front page of the Org.

Further to Heidi's comments that we need to send letters and send them now!!  So pick somebody off Heidi's recent post and go go go!!  And if verbal is not your thing (thanks Shell for unknowingly letting me borrow your sig slogan) then here is the most simple way to get mail to the people that matter....

Great8Mandate Mail-Out - Its Now or Never

We are combining the two previous campaign ideas and organising an en masse mailing campaign to send as many paper daisies and books as possible to the Girls and the Studio.

To take part all you need to do is print out any of the following graphics you like and write your own personal message, or one of our organised quotes on them.  You can print it on card and send it as a postcard, or on paper and cut them out and include several in an envelope.  Our mailing date will be Every Day Until We Receive the Season 8 Announcement.  

My suggestion is to send the daisies to Lauren, the books to Alexis and a combination of the both to the studio.  The addresses for all these can be found in the first post of this thread.

Graphics to choose from.

Possible quotes to choose from:

Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

Love, Daisies, and Season 8

We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

We got magic to do…. Save the Girls!

They Save Gilmores, Don´t They? Save the Gilmore Girls

Gilmore State of Mind

The Prodigal Show Returns

P.s. I lo… Gilmore Girls

Back in the Saddle Again – Season 8

The Reigning Lorelai – You can make it happen

Say Something – Save Gilmore Girls

I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

7 Is The Loneliest Number - Bring us a season 8

Merry Fisticuffs - Happy to fight for season 8

Partings - Don't make us part with GG

Last Week Fights, This Week Season 8

Love and War and GG season 8

Copperboom and get us that season 8 already!

Remember, these things work best when there are many participants.  Get all your Org friends to mail something.  Encourage your friends, family or workmates.  We need to show the love to get some love in return.

Any questions??  Please feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck and have fun choosing your designs!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 06:40:40 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: May 02, 2007, 03:11:16 pm »

I must admit that the TV Guide article has made me incredibly nervous especially after thinking about all the sudden movie deals AB has made recenltly but I'm still hoping that we'll have one more year. Also if this article was given by Ausiello, I wouldn't believe it 100%. He has been playing us from day one of this campaign going from "No there will absolutely be no GG", then to : "A sudden change of events GG S8 is almost a doen deal" now he's saying: "Eveything is at a standstill there might not be an 8th season afterall" He is not as reliabel he likes to make it seem. Don't let this get our hopes down!

S for why it's taking LG and AB so long to sign; I think they just want to make sure they could still be able to balance other projects with the production of GG but I think it's something you either feel it or you don't. So I hope they really feel as if an 8th season would be a benefit to everybody and it's where the storyline needs to end up otherwise loose ends will forever be loose. I have written and sent so many things and I still have some left to try. I won't give up and I won't stop until the annoucement comes that we got our 8th season! Vive la Gilmore Girls season 8!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:31:14 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3707 on: May 02, 2007, 03:34:15 pm »

At this point its a game of cat and mouse.  The girls are going to try to get anything they can out of the CW, especially since they know that another season is in fairly high demand.  Now, it's just getting everyone settled on something so that we know what the heck is going on.  I just wish that LG and AB would sign those darn contracts and put me out of my misery.

Season 8 or bust!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3708 on: May 02, 2007, 03:34:44 pm »

Could I send my voice message in Basque (my first language) ? Or in Spanish (also my first language)  I could try English...just to translate what I said.Hahaha my English teacher wouldn't like what I just said since I'm a Translator and Interpreter student, and I'm supossed to speak English as a native.Hahaha
I could send the voice messages tomorrow at noon.Note that I live in the B.C, Spain,7-8-9 hours ahead from the States
See ya!

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: May 02, 2007, 05:07:32 pm »

I was just inspired by 7.20 and thought of something. I don't know if anyone would be interested in doing this but I figure I migth as well give it as a suggestion.

People with video cameras can film themselves singing; "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "I Will Always Love You", "Where You Lead"... etc with saying they're dedicated to LG, AB and everyone who works on GG, post them on YouTube (or Photobucket- thanks Devine!) and the send links 2 Dawn O. or the agents 2 LG and AB.

I would love to try this but I don't know if anyone else wants to.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:40:54 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3710 on: May 02, 2007, 05:31:30 pm »

@Jillian - I love this idea and just recorded the "where you lead" song ... at this point I am willing to do ANYTHING that shows our devotion, helps getting attention and gives us an 8th season Smiley

zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3711 on: May 02, 2007, 05:37:23 pm »

Okay everybody it is first thing in the morning here in Australia and this was not the Season 8 update I was hoping to see plastered on the front page of the Org.

Further to Heidi's comments that we need to send letters and send them now!!  So pick somebody off Heidi's recent post and go go go!!  And if verbal is not your thing (thanks Shell for unknowingly letting me borrow your sig slogan) then here is the most simple way to get mail to the people that matter....

Great8Mandate Mail-Out - Its Now or Never

We are combining the two previous campaign ideas and organising an en masse mailing campaign to send as many paper daisies and books as possible to the Girls and the Studio.

To take part all you need to do is print out any of the following graphics you like and write your own personal message, or one of our organised quotes on them.  You can print it on card and send it as a postcard, or on paper and cut them out and include several in an envelope.  Our mailing date will be Every Day Until We Receive the Season 8 Announcement.  

My suggestion is to send the daisies to Lauren, the books to Alexis and a combination of the both to the studio.  The addresses for all these can be found in the first post of this thread.

Graphics to choose from.

Possible quotes to choose from:

Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

Love, Daisies, and Season 8

We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

We got magic to do…. Save the Girls!

They Save Gilmores, Don´t They? Save the Gilmore Girls

Gilmore State of Mind

The Prodigal Show Returns

P.s. I lo… Gilmore Girls

Back in the Saddle Again – Season 8

The Reigning Lorelai – You can make it happen

Say Something – Save Gilmore Girls

I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

There are a few more I still need to add, I just need to find them.  If it was you that came up with the other slogans please PM me.

Remember, these things work best when there are many participants.  Get all your Org friends to mail something.  Encourage your friends, family or workmates.  We need to show the love to get some love in return.

Any questions??  Please feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck and have fun choosing your designs!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

coolness!

i'll do what i can!!!!!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
rory1027
Town Resident

Community Points: -9

View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: May 02, 2007, 05:47:35 pm »

come on guys we need to keep gilmore girls going for one more season i love the show i will be so mad if it stops

images06.alloy.com/.../1398/degr
robinepowell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: May 02, 2007, 06:20:02 pm »

It's funny how just a couple of weeks ago, it was looking like a done deal and now things have gone south.  Huh
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: May 02, 2007, 06:22:07 pm »

JUst a reminder to PM me with song ideas! I have plenty of songs, but I really want your input!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3715 on: May 02, 2007, 06:36:43 pm »

Ok, so I am done with my video ... I still love this idea and hope that many people will join and make a video on their own!!

I am going to bed now - good night everyone ... and don't write too much so I don't have to do too much catching up tomorrow *lol*

iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: May 02, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

I am so sad about the news but I will try to stay positive and keep writting! I will not stop until we have a seson 8 to talk about!! I thought of another quoet we could use but I forgot it Sad  when I remember it will you let you guys know. Keep fighting it's not over till it's over!!! Grin
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: May 02, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »

I thought of another quoet we could use but I forgot it Sad  when I remember it will you let you guys know. Keep fighting it's not over till it's over!!! Grin

hehe that made me laugh. 

Just so you all know, there are extra quotes now in my post a few posts back courtesy of go_clo.  They are all great and very worthy of being added to pictures that you can send, post cards you can send or at the bottom of letters or emails a la ShutUpRob style!

Let's show the powers that be that there is a lot of support out here.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: May 02, 2007, 08:44:02 pm »

I thought of another quoet we could use but I forgot it Sad  when I remember it will you let you guys know. Keep fighting it's not over till it's over!!! Grin

hehe that made me laugh. 

Just so you all know, there are extra quotes now in my post a few posts back courtesy of go_clo.  They are all great and very worthy of being added to pictures that you can send, post cards you can send or at the bottom of letters or emails a la ShutUpRob style!

Let's show the powers that be that there is a lot of support out here.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

OMG!  I'm famous! Dance

Seriously though, let's keep up the writing campaign, but I just wanted to add something:

Don't Despair! . . . Uh, unless you're a Veronica Mars fan, too.   D'Oh!  Lips Sealed 

Let's put it this way:  Gg was up 300K from last week to 4.04 million viewers and VM plummetted 300K to 2.4 million viewers, which is getting very near to how bad VM was doing when it was on UPN.  Methinks that despite this week's episode of VM being the best episode they've had all season (I'm a fan of VM as well), VM's demise is imminent.

Seems to me that what is happening is that the gals know that the ratings the last two episodes of PCD blew away the ratings that VM ever got when paired with Gg and last night's ratings sure make it look to me that whenever the Gals decided to stalemate the network, they made the right choice.  They know that they've pretty much got the network's alls-bay in an ise-vay.  Can't blame them, either, when Warner itself set the precedent by overpaying Kyra Sedgwick for this season of The Closer, thus explosing how underpaid the Gilmore Gals are -- FTR, some estimates I've seen from a source I find reliable put LG's salary at somewhere around $125-$150K per episode.  (Maybe $175K, but that would be pushing it, as would a lowball estimate that I'd heard that LG might be paid as little as $90K per episode, which only makes me think, "Yeah, before Bad Santa maybe."  BID.) Mind you, that's something like $100K *less* than KS is making for The Closer when they film 22 episodes of Gg for a *broadcast network* versus The Closer's 13 episode seasons on a basic cable network that only gets Gg-level ratings on, at best, special occasions.

Furthermore, I've observed that the VM cancellation rumor seems to be making the rounds again in my neck of the woods, so if Rob Thomas's presentation didn't go well today (and it probably didn't, since Enrico Colantoni went on record as disliking the FBI Agent Flash-Forward idea), then I bet we'll probably see the CW come to terms with the Gals very quickly.

Anyway, keep writing the letters and be prepared to turn them into a Thank You campaign at a moment's notice.   Wink

-- Rob

---------------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because for an encore, I'd like to see Lorelai sing something by Evanescence.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:55 pm »

Rob you always manage to make me feel better. I totally agree with you! Smiley I'm so happy with the raise of viewers last night!! Did VM really only get 2 mil? Its to be expected! Wink

Shockingly enough though, after the news we got today, I wasn't as upset as I have been before, I was a tiny bit discouraged but not horribly on the verge of tears upset so I think thats a sign. I think right now, we just gotta pray and fight for another season! I think we can do it! The network is onboard, we just gotta get the girls back. I think LG is still ok with going on, we gotta focus most of our attention on AB.

K so I wanted to talk about the CD idea. I am in the middle of making a cover, I just am waiting for the song list so that I can write them on the back. Also I was wondering, do you guys want your name beside your song suggestion on the CD cover so that the cast knows who suggested the song? Oh and are we going to make a small book with short comments in it for those who don't have a mic? Huh

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because for an encore, I'd like to see Lorelai sing something by Evanescence.

Cheesy Totally with you on that!!! She could do it! Grin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:13:27 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: