The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:35:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733855 times)
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: May 02, 2007, 12:44:05 pm »

I love that my random idea is being considered!

I would be able to burn a CD, but I would not be able to use the microphone idea.

And someone mentioned watching episodes to find out which songs we could put. I think most people on here have the box sets. So how about assigning an amount of episodes and people will report back to me? Or anybody who is willing.

Sound good?

love is blind so you didn't see me.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3691 on: May 02, 2007, 12:46:53 pm »

I am pretty sure that there are some websites which have all the songs used in the episodes online ..

.. not that I wouldn't love watching the episodes (doing it every day *lol*) but I think this way we can make a decision faster as we need to get the CD in as soon as possible.
I think I saw on tv.com that the always state the used songs for every episode, but I'll try to find a site where all the used songs are listed on one page Wink

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 02, 2007, 12:49:44 pm »

This is from Tvguide.com:

Looks like we've got ourselves a nail-biter, folks.

Although all indications were that Warner Bros. and the CW were nearing a deal to bring Gilmore Girls back for a shortened eighth season, sources close to the negotiations now tell me that talks are at a complete [Gulp] standstill.

"It's anybody's guess what's going to happen," reports my Gilmore mole. "There's no deal in place at this point, and there may never be. This is probably going to come down to the wire."

The holdup can be summed up in five words: Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. According to the insider, "very good" offers were made to both actresses, but it apparently wasn't enough to coax signatures out of them. "Now it's a game of chess," whispers the spy. "It could go either way."

Further complicating matters is the fact that the CW's upfront presentation the unoffical deadline for a deal to be brokered is scheduled for May 17. What's so complicated about that, you ask? Well, that's two days after the show's potential swan song airs. In other words, if negotiations literally go down to the wire on May 17, we won't know if we're watching the season or series finale.

Bottom line: This kind of uncertainty sucks for everyone
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3693 on: May 02, 2007, 12:51:47 pm »

Gilmore Season 8 Talks at a "Standstill"

Although all indications were that Warner Bros. and the CW were nearing a deal to bring Gilmore Girls back for a shortened eighth season, sources close to the negotiations now tell me that talks are at a complete [Gulp] standstill.

"It's anybody's guess what's going to happen," reports my Gilmore mole. "There's no deal in place at this point, and there may never be. This is probably going to come down to the wire."

The holdup can be summed up in five words: Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. According to the insider, "very good" offers were made to both actresses, but it apparently wasn't enough to coax signatures out of them. "Now it's a game of chess," whispers the spy. "It could go either way."

Further complicating matters is the fact that the CW's upfront presentation the unoffical deadline for a deal to be brokered is scheduled for May 17. What's so complicated about that, you ask? Well, that's two days after the show's potential swan song airs. In other words, if negotiations literally go down to the wire on May 17, we won't know if we're watching the season or series finale.

Bottom line: This kind of uncertainty sucks for everyone.

Star  If there was ever a time to continue sending in your letters of support, probably straight to Lauren and Alexis, this is it!  Star

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3694 on: May 02, 2007, 12:57:09 pm »

I am pretty sure that there are some websites which have all the songs used in the episodes online ..

.. not that I wouldn't love watching the episodes (doing it every day *lol*) but I think this way we can make a decision faster as we need to get the CD in as soon as possible.
I think I saw on tv.com that the always state the used songs for every episode, but I'll try to find a site where all the used songs are listed on one page Wink

http://www.gilmorefan.com/media/episodemusicguide.php Here you can find all songs until Season 7 episode 14.
I have a mic. haha

This is from Tvguide.com:

Bottom line: This kind of uncertainty sucks for everyone

I don't like the sound of this info.WE MUST KEEP MANDATING!!! NOW MORE THAN EVER

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: May 02, 2007, 12:58:11 pm »

Gilmore Season 8 Talks at a "Standstill"

Bottom line: This kind of uncertainty sucks for everyone.

Star If there was ever a time to continue sending in your letters of support, probably straight to Lauren and Alexis, this is it! Star

~Heidi

Sure we were all excited when it seemed like season 8 was a done deal but this proves that anything can change at a moment's notice.

We have come so far, don't give up now...Keep up the mandating!!!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3696 on: May 02, 2007, 01:09:37 pm »

Oh my, that tvguide.com update sure was a buzzkill for the optimism high I had going on there....

Lets keep brainstorming this CD idea...you guys sound like you're on a roll!

I think I'm gonna send out another batch of daisy letters... maybe we should do another MASS MAILING of daisy & book pages...?

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: May 02, 2007, 01:17:24 pm »

Whatever new idea we come up with, it has to be something that can be organized and executed quickly because there isn't much time left..May 17th is only 15 days away. The CD idea is a great one...keep up the brainstorming!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3698 on: May 02, 2007, 01:25:55 pm »

Whatever new idea we come up with, it has to be something that can be organized and executed quickly because there isn't much time left..May 17th is only 15 days away. The CD idea is a great one...keep up the brainstorming!

Hi guys,

Honestly, if you want to do the CD idea ... then please do.  However, create it today and send it tomorrow.  That's the kind of timeline we're on now.

And truthfully, keep sending in those postcards and letters.  They really do add up.

Thanks to everyone for their support!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3699 on: May 02, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »

Hi everyone,

For those of you who might be looking to participate in the Great8Mandate for the first time, or as reminder for the ole' Great8Mandate pros, here is a quick cheat sheet of important contacts.  I realize that it can look intimidating, but in all honesty ... if you simply pick one address (all are relevant) and mail in a postcard or letter of support, that really helps!

Thank you!

~Heidi

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Scott Patterson
c/o Evolution Entertainment
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Flame    Flame
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: May 02, 2007, 02:02:28 pm »

If you have any song suggestions, PM them to me by tomorrow @2pm EST!

I'll make the CD then and send them out soon after!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:05:40 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: May 02, 2007, 02:10:33 pm »

i love the cd idea!!
and about the voice-messages: what if everybody who's able to make one,will send it to CathyCoffee???i can make one and send it to you!

love,chrissi

...angel without wings
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3702 on: May 02, 2007, 02:17:22 pm »

i love the cd idea!!
and about the voice-messages: what if everybody who's able to make one,will send it to CathyCoffee???i can make one and send it to you!

love,chrissi

Glad that you liked the idea Smiley   
I am going to make one too and send it to you Cathy (if you don't mind of course!)

I hated the latest article on tvguide - It makes me soo sad that we have only 2 more episodes but no decision has been made yet! I think they owe it to us fans  Undecided

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: May 02, 2007, 02:29:01 pm »

i "finished" my voice message. i hope the quality is not too bad and my pronunciation
is okay Smiley

i'm going to send it to Cathy now (hope it's okay)

love,chrissi

...angel without wings
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: May 02, 2007, 02:45:58 pm »

okay,i think i can post a list of the song suggestions (!!)we already have...

SONGSUGGESTIONS --> CD

- 99 Luftballons
- Girls just wanna have fund by Cyndi Lauper
- Where you lead by Carole King
- Heaven forbid
- something from Pat Benetar

Some of Rory's fav. are:
Level by The Raconteours
London Calling (The Clash)
Close to me (The Cure)

Lorelai's:
Eternal Flame (The Bangles)
Should I stay or should I go (The Clash)
Time after time by Cyndi Lauper.

Luke's:
Brown eyed girl (Van Morrison)
You can't always get what you want (The Rolling Stones)
Tall cool one (Robert Plant)

-----------------------------------------
send your suggestions to CathyCoffee please asap!!!! till 2pm EST
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:57:24 pm by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: