The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:43:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762973 times)
pigletsoup
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: May 01, 2007, 11:06:56 pm »

Hey I was reading what yall were saying about a CD and I think that that is a great idea.  I remember a few things mentioned in the series about music such as Lorelai was listening to 99 Luftballoons when she went into labor with Rory, and also they mentioned that the first concert Lorelai went to was a Pat Benetar concert.  So I think it would be appropriate to add something by Benetar and 99 Luftballoons.  Just some ideas.  :-)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: May 02, 2007, 01:25:57 am »

Hey I was reading what yall were saying about a CD and I think that that is a great idea.  I remember a few things mentioned in the series about music such as Lorelai was listening to 99 Luftballoons when she went into labor with Rory, and also they mentioned that the first concert Lorelai went to was a Pat Benetar concert.  So I think it would be appropriate to add something by Benetar and 99 Luftballoons.  Just some ideas.  :-)

Oh thats a good idea, we could upload and post songs that remind us of the show, that has been mentioned on the show (everything,) show our love towards the show, show our support towards another season and/or has to do with the campaign. We should also limit everyone to like 2 or 3 song suggestions so that the CD isn't too long, maybe we could make 2 cds.

So is the CD idea a for sure thing or am I getting carried away? Cheesy

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
funnybottoms
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: May 02, 2007, 04:19:12 am »

hey is it too late to print out the letter and send it?  I think I read that they'll be announcing the fall line-up on may 14th or 17th or something... so maybe they've already pretty much decided? 
gg4evr
Town Resident

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3678 on: May 02, 2007, 04:28:25 am »

We just finished off the last voting round at teavee.com for the month!  Gilmore Girls finished at #7 with 49,060 total votes for April!  Even VM and OTH fans joined in the last hour or so to help us out Smiley  It has been amazing.  I know a lot of you here haven't shown much intrest in the poll but i really think it has helped gain some exposure for GG and with that, we might be able to improve the ratings even more.. broaden the fanbase in this last little bit of time before a season 8 announcement is made.  It might be really helpful.. who knows!!  Either way, I'm happy at all the support everyone has shown over at that poll and here at the org.

So, now we are voting for the month of May and have started off at #4.  If you guys would like to continue voting there please do!!! http://teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Okay seems like you have already said all the important things!
If anyone wants to see how many voters & votes we had after the last round before the voting restarted, here's a pic Smiley

Thanks for all the people who joined us! Not only did we manage to get GG on #7 but we had a lot of fun meeting many people from all around the world, talking about GG and soo much other stuff.
Anyone who's interested is welcome .. we appreciate every vote you're able to get in this month Smiley

Don't stop mandate for sesaon 8 Smiley

PS: @Tissie ... we are at rank #3 right now because the voting restarted at midnight pacific time ... New month - new chance Wink

Congratulations to Gilmore Girls for placing at #7 at last month's poll at teavee.com!!! Great job everybody!! Thanks to Pam for posting this!! Such a wonderful reminder of the hard work of Gilmore Girls fans in the last month!! We were gunning for at least a #8 finish for season 8, but we bested that and got to #7 at the last hour of voting!! Quite an exciting finish!!

Join us now as we continue to support Gilmore Girls in the month of May!! We're off to a great start!! Gilmore Girls currently at #3 with over 4,000 votes already!!  Thanks Gilmore Girls fans and here's hoping for a season 8 with our favorite girls!! Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!    http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: May 02, 2007, 05:52:17 am »

I agree that we need to get something going for these last 2 weeks of mandating.  I think the CD idea sounds good.  Keep writing letters and emails, only a little over 2 weeks until they make an official announcement.  We can do it Smiley
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: May 02, 2007, 06:13:21 am »

Okay, so I just heard yesterday from my aunt -a total gossip, tv entertainment detective- that there are tentative plans for a 13 eppie season eight, apparently Alexis said she would *probably* do a shorter season.

Does anyone have more details? Confirm/Deny?

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3681 on: May 02, 2007, 07:27:02 am »

Okay, so I just heard yesterday from my aunt -a total gossip, tv entertainment detective- that there are tentative plans for a 13 eppie season eight, apparently Alexis said she would *probably* do a shorter season.

Does anyone have more details? Confirm/Deny?

I really hope this gossip is true!!!
The CD idea is really good too. I read somewhere, I think it was in the CW official website each characters favourites songs.There were a lot of them.
For example: Some of Rory's fav. are: Level by The Raconteours, London Calling (The Clash), Close to me (The Cure).
Lorelai's: Eternal Flame (The Bangles), Should I stay or should I go (The Clash) (I love this one), and Time after time by Cyndy Lauper.
Luke's: Brown eyed girl (Van Morrison, one of my favs. too) You can't always get what you want (The Rolling Stones) and Tall cool one (Robert Plant).

These are some ideas...I think the final credits song by Sam Phillips, which is just a guitar should be in that CD too, along with the Where you lead.
By the way, I used to write songs for sometime to play on my guitar, (I even gave some concerts) so if you want,I can try something.
By the way, I have all these songs in my computer, and I can get all the songs that you come up with and I can add some more to the list.I have more than 300 cds.Yeah I'm a music freak! Haha
I would try to do a cd but I live all across the ocean...so that would be a problem, when sending it.

I hope Season 8 is announced soon, May 4th would be awesome (my b-day). So we still need to send emails (I just sent some) and we need to do everything in our hands to achieve what we want!!!
We only have two weeks!!!!!

See ya all!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:32:14 am by KuKuLeNiLeNi » Logged

gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: May 02, 2007, 08:19:20 am »

Hey Iluvgilmoregirls,
  When you are on the main page of teavee.com, after you log in, you click on gilmoregirls. Next there is a button type thing where it has the seconds on it. Just keep clicking away and it'll update which seconds are left in order to vote. The voting takes place every 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes is up you click the button and it'll say "vote now." As soon as you click "vote now" it'll give you patterns of numbers and you just have to type it in the box and click next/enter. You have up to 30 seconds in each voting session so vote as much as you can. I hope this makes sense and helps you. If you get confused or lost i'll be happy to walk you through it again   Smiley

Ok, so I am confused at this too!! That is why I have been putting it off forever, and now I feel horrible since it has been a couple weeks since I have stedily been on here, and this could help our girls, from what I can see on the confusing teavee.com

Ok. I have an account, and I see the seconeds button. Now what do I do?? Can anyone help me? lol Sorry, I am so outta this.

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

gg4evr
Town Resident

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3683 on: May 02, 2007, 09:39:32 am »

Hey Iluvgilmoregirls,
  When you are on the main page of teavee.com, after you log in, you click on gilmoregirls. Next there is a button type thing where it has the seconds on it. Just keep clicking away and it'll update which seconds are left in order to vote. The voting takes place every 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes is up you click the button and it'll say "vote now." As soon as you click "vote now" it'll give you patterns of numbers and you just have to type it in the box and click next/enter. You have up to 30 seconds in each voting session so vote as much as you can. I hope this makes sense and helps you. If you get confused or lost i'll be happy to walk you through it again   Smiley

Ok, so I am confused at this too!! That is why I have been putting it off forever, and now I feel horrible since it has been a couple weeks since I have stedily been on here, and this could help our girls, from what I can see on the confusing teavee.com

Ok. I have an account, and I see the seconeds button. Now what do I do?? Can anyone help me? lol Sorry, I am so outta this.

One you have an account, feel free to post on the board there and we'll tell you how to vote.  It's real simple once you get the hang of it.  We have about an average of 20 Gilmore Girls fans voting there on a daily basis so we can definitely answer your questions there.  Thanks for taking an interest and hope to see you and others there!

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

chanelthenerd
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: May 02, 2007, 09:55:09 am »

Hey Iluvgilmoregirls,

No worries I promise you'll get the hang of it soon. So once you see the seconds button just keep clicking it. Everytime you click the button it countsdown. After the last second you click it again and it'll say "vote now." From there it'll give you patterns of different numbers and you type it in and press enter.
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: May 02, 2007, 09:58:41 am »

for the cd idea, it would be interesting if we put on a song from that cd that luke had in his car - i'm failing at remembering which episode, but it was right after luke and lorelai got back together, and she finds that cd in his truck. and how all of them sound the same? idk, just a thought =D

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: May 02, 2007, 09:59:27 am »

oh, we could also go through each episode to see which songs they mention on a positive note and include that.

just another idea. instead of just doing basic favorites, we can just add every song they ever said they liked =D

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3687 on: May 02, 2007, 11:29:07 am »

Hey gals and guys!

After watching last night's fabulous episode, I'm so optimistic about Season 8, I feel like I'm High on the Maze!!!!  Cool

It was just this feeling I got after it was over; when the screen went black and Logan was saying, "Lorelai? Lorelai?", I went numb, and then kinda buzzy, and I just knew that we would have another season. There is just no way that this is the end. TWO EPISODES? NO WAY!? Gilmore Girls is one of the most popular shows on the CW, both beloved and financially, and I just don't think they would end it without annoucements. If they did all those countdowns for 7th Heaven last year, I doubt they're gonna let GG just fade away; unless, at the 11th hour the contracts just don't get signed, but........ if that happened, it would say it would be some sort of catastrophe of television, because these storylines are not adequate for a SERIES finale. To say that the season finale was shot to be either a season or series finale is b.s.; I read spoilers, and without saying anything, its just not possible. I'll tell you one thing; if something slips through the cracks, and the show does end with these next 2 shows, we are all going to be soooooo upset that we're going to break the piggie banks and storm the WB studios ourselves.  For what its worth, I just think those damn PR people are toying with our emotions and the whole s8 thing is in the bag, because I can see this show having so many places to go and a wonderful spark back in the writing and the acting, they must have something up their sleeves!  Fingers Crossed Grin

Viva La Gilmore!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 11:31:50 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3688 on: May 02, 2007, 11:35:53 am »

Hi everybody Smiley

I just read that Cathy came up with a new idea - I love the CD thing!! ... and I have another idea for that CD - what if we add little messages from everyone here to the cast? Some sentences what we enjoy about GG, why it should go on - that kinda stuff .. of course you'd need a microphone to do that but I think many of us have one - right?
What do you guys think? I think it would be nice having someone speaking after every song and I think it shouldn't be too hard to get that on the CD as well.

Ok I have to catch up on GG and watch yesterday's episode but then I'll be back Wink

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3689 on: May 02, 2007, 11:44:54 am »

Lauren really does have a pretty voice..if she had a CD out I'd so buy it!

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: