The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:01:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762778 times)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: April 27, 2007, 10:47:55 pm »

It's the last couple of days for the Teavee poll I think as many people should stop in to vote as we can because I agree it would be awesome if we came in 8th place with wanting a season 8! I know some of you may be wondering what's the point but it's a really good poll because you can window it while waiting for the voting session to do something else and pop in to vote then go right back to what you were doing. Any victory no matter how small is a good one.

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Tissie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3616 on: April 28, 2007, 01:54:53 am »

I just found this artical on tvguide.com posted on april 27,2007.... This was written by Mark Roush from tv guide.com if you want to check out the site yourself its www.tvguide.com and type in gilmore girls into the search and click on the first article for 4/27/07.....I hope this means what i think it might mean....

Friday, April 27, 2007
Question: After reading your comments in the 4/23 mailbag on the lack of an end to Gilmore Girls (don't worry, this isn't a Gilmore Girls question), I realized that there may be no big network series finales at all this May. I know The Sopranos is ending, but I don't get HBO and that is a different animal considering its unusual scheduling. Can you remember the last time that happened? It seems like every year there's at least one decent-size finale, whether it be a cult classic like Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2003), a huge one like Friends (2004), a pretty big one like Everybody Loves Raymond (2005) or even just a moderately big one like That '70s Show (2006). All of those shows were on for at least six years. This year we've avoided an ER finale and appear to have avoided a Gilmore Girls one as well. 7th Heaven would've been considered big... if it hadn't already happened last year. What do you attribute this to? Is it just a random coincidence, or is it more symptomatic of the fact that more shows are bombing out quickly? I tend to think it's the latter, especially considering that the biggest series finale this year was The O.C., and that was on for only four years.— Mark

Matt Roush: While it's no doubt rare to be entering a May sweeps with no significant TV farewells (you make a good point that most of us feel we'd already paid our respects to 7th Heaven a year ago), I would argue that when The Sopranos closes shop in early June, it will be a true pop-culture milestone. The show was incredibly influential in sparking this current age of ambitious TV drama on network and cable, and will be hailed as a benchmark for how to execute a creative vision on television, unfettered by the usual constraints of network programming and policy. One reason this season is curiously devoid of major exits is that networks are increasingly desperate to hold onto their franchises, regardless of how faded they've become, because they fear they'll do even worse without the few familiar touchstones they have left. That's the primary reason ER, Gilmore Girls and even the original Law & Order aren't packing it in. The failure rate for TV shows has always been high. What's relatively new is this stubborn reluctance to let former hits go.

~*~Kris~*~
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: April 28, 2007, 03:09:48 am »

I think this just goes to reflect that no matter what happens... the strenghth of dedication and loyalty fans direct to a show sometimes makes all the difference in the world when good scripted television programs are scarce. It really is pathetic when reality TV shows with no plotlines other than greed and fame are kicking shows butt's that have thought-out storylines and high paid actors. So in a sense even TEMPTING to premiere a new orginal series is a big finacial risk. On the business side, CW can't afford to let GG go without a fight. HOWEVER, from the actors sideline that makes little difference to the outcome. Some may be swuaded by money however, that is not our case. Our actors have personal reasons why they are hestitant to continue and so what it comes down to is the sense of worth needed to move foward with the show, instead of moving on. This is why it is SOOO important that the actors see what we see with it. That in fact GG NEEDS an 8th season. Not just for personal attachments but also for the sake of the integrity of the show, for the actor's best interest in future aspects, and for the right kind of closure GG deserves. At least that is what my opinion is on the matter.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: April 28, 2007, 07:27:42 am »

I received some money from my family yesterday and they know that I always use it on bills or groceries, etc... So I was told this time to use it on something that will make me happy, not bills or whatever.  There is nothing that would make me happier right now than at least one more season of GG!  So, I figured now that I have the money and the time to do it I might as well get some flowers and books sent out ASAP!  In addition to the four books I sent out to alexis previously, I sent out 5 more with a short letter, and put those little stationaries that we made inside each cover with a little message on each one.  Also, I sent Lauren a boquet of daisies with a note asking if she will be our Lorelai Gilmore for one more season along with more of the stationaries of course!! Smiley  All of these were sent out yesterday via next day mail so someone should receive them today!!

Keep on mandating everyone, every little bit helps... even if a decision already has been made and they are just torturing us, we can't give up until we hear an official announcement!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:30:46 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3619 on: April 28, 2007, 09:37:33 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 40027. Rank is #9. (2849 away from #8 and 1292 ahead of #10)

Hello Gilmore Girls fans!!  We just passed 40,000 votes for our favorite girls at teavee.com!! Two days of voting left this month and Gilmore Girls is at #9, hoping to get to the #8 spot before the month is over!!    We can do it !!  Please stop by when you can these last couple of days of the month!!  Let's have a voting party there and show our support for Lorelai and Rory!!  Every vote counts!!  Thanks for your help everybody!!  Go Gilmore Girls!!  Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:08:07 pm by gg4evr » Logged

ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3620 on: April 28, 2007, 05:28:57 pm »

I just found this artical on tvguide.com posted on april 27,2007.... This was written by Mark Roush from tv guide.com if you want to check out the site yourself its www.tvguide.com and type in gilmore girls into the search and click on the first article for 4/27/07.....I hope this means what i think it might mean....

Friday, April 27, 2007
Question: After reading your comments in the 4/23 mailbag on the lack of an end to Gilmore Girls (don't worry, this isn't a Gilmore Girls question), I realized that there may be no big network series finales at all this May. I know The Sopranos is ending, but I don't get HBO and that is a different animal considering its unusual scheduling. Can you remember the last time that happened? It seems like every year there's at least one decent-size finale, whether it be a cult classic like Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2003), a huge one like Friends (2004), a pretty big one like Everybody Loves Raymond (2005) or even just a moderately big one like That '70s Show (2006). All of those shows were on for at least six years. This year we've avoided an ER finale and appear to have avoided a Gilmore Girls one as well. 7th Heaven would've been considered big... if it hadn't already happened last year. What do you attribute this to? Is it just a random coincidence, or is it more symptomatic of the fact that more shows are bombing out quickly? I tend to think it's the latter, especially considering that the biggest series finale this year was The O.C., and that was on for only four years.— Mark

Matt Roush: While it's no doubt rare to be entering a May sweeps with no significant TV farewells (you make a good point that most of us feel we'd already paid our respects to 7th Heaven a year ago), I would argue that when The Sopranos closes shop in early June, it will be a true pop-culture milestone. The show was incredibly influential in sparking this current age of ambitious TV drama on network and cable, and will be hailed as a benchmark for how to execute a creative vision on television, unfettered by the usual constraints of network programming and policy. One reason this season is curiously devoid of major exits is that networks are increasingly desperate to hold onto their franchises, regardless of how faded they've become, because they fear they'll do even worse without the few familiar touchstones they have left. That's the primary reason ER, Gilmore Girls and even the original Law & Order aren't packing it in. The failure rate for TV shows has always been high. What's relatively new is this stubborn reluctance to let former hits go.

I would love for this to really mean we have another season in the bag, but frankly, we don't until the announcement is offically made.  Though, honestly, I really think if this was the end we would have been told already, they would be playing it up more...or alteast, that is what I really want to believe.  I really just want the announcement to get made...either today, tomorrow, or even May 17...I just wish I knew.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: April 28, 2007, 05:38:38 pm »

I'm baaack!
My computer had tons of viruses.
Fuuun.

Anyways, is there anymore events coming up in the G8M world?
Or any news? I know is hasn't been renewed, but anything major?
I've missed 100 pages, so I don't really want to go back all the way.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3622 on: April 28, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »

I'm baaack!
Fuuun.

Welcome back Cathy Smiley   And good that you got rid of all the viruses!!

Well the latest news we have (from Ausiello, Kristin,...) is that there are talks of a shortened (13 episodes) sesaon. A week ago Ausiello said, it looks like it's a done deal and they only need to announce it now .. but then, two days ago he said that something is keeping them from signing the contracts ... So - shortened season looking good, but we still have to hope and mandate.

The latest thing we did was a mail out - many creative talents here created picutes with books and daisies and they've been collected together with this nice short sentences (e.g. "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmore for one more year") and we mailed them out on April 25th .. but if you still want to participate, I think it couldn't hurt as the letters probably won't all arrive on the same day .. you don't have to go back to far to find this post which contains all the information about it Wink

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: April 28, 2007, 09:20:30 pm »

I'd be more than happy with a shortened season 8! It's a season 8, right?? Smiley I'm still writing and writing and writing! I just sent out more paper books/ flowers! I hope that everyone's hanging in there!! Keep your heads up and stay strong! We've got this made! Don't give up yet! Season 8 will definitely be GREAT!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
GilmoreGirl4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: April 28, 2007, 09:59:34 pm »

hey howq do u gewt a button that says i support Gilmore Girls?Huh??
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: April 28, 2007, 10:03:13 pm »

While I was at the Cards/Cubs game yesterday night, i remembered that at Busch staduim, there is a little screen that you can text messages to and they show up on a screen the whole stadium can see and so I took a shot and sent one that says "Allie Supports Gilmore Girls Season 8" and got (by the time we stopped counting) at least 20 replies saying "So-and-so supports season 8" n stuff, even one that says "the cards" n stuff....it was pretty cool but i couldnt get my camera in time to take a pic, but hey, at least we know weve got some pretty cool fans....including the 2006 world series champs, apparently.

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: April 28, 2007, 11:01:58 pm »

Friday, April 27, 2007

I would love for this to really mean we have another season in the bag, but frankly, we don't until the announcement is offically made.  Though, honestly, I really think if this was the end we would have been told already, they would be playing it up more...or alteast, that is what I really want to believe.  I really just want the announcement to get made...either today, tomorrow, or even May 17...I just wish I knew.

One big reason to take anything Matt Roush says with a grain of salt is that his abilities as a critic have really declined over the past few years and he's always been openly hostile to Gg's more dramatic episodes -- He referred to s4's "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais" as "screeching" Fight Censor Wall after it first aired and my opinion of his opinions of Gg have gone downhill ever since.  He just does not know how to view the show outside of some narrow preconception that he has of it being some Moonlighting-esque romantic comedy that it's never been, so his disdain for Gg finally made me give up on him about 3 months ago.

What he forgets as a critic is that shows change gears a *lot* over time and you've got to judge them for what they are *now,* for the stories that they're trying to tell *now,* and just know and accept that 6-8-10 episodes down the line, the storyline may be totally different in tone, use of humor, whatever -- and the impact of whatever you've just liked would be *nothing* without what came before.

For instance, the most classic case is s5-s6 of Friends, which were so horribly slammed by critics that everyone was wondering if they'd get one or two more seasons out of it -- same reaction that Gg has gotten.  In the meantime, the critics totally missed the center of s5 and s6 that made them so critical to the series' existence, giving it the momentum to last four more years -- and that was the growing relationship between Monica and Chandler, which at the time *no one* thought the series was about.  This time, Roush knows what the series is about -- Lorelai and Rory -- and he is *still* hostile to seeing it that way, to see how instead of the show being about the meaning of the 'ships (LL, RL) in and of themselves, it's *much* more about how those relationships, LL and RL, inform Lorelai and Rory's relationship with each other.  As long as Roush simply covers the "horserace" of the 'Ships (a pasttime which is, admittedly, fun in and of itself -- for us fans), he's never going to see the show for what it is.  Which is a shame because however influential his opinion of television shows has been in the past, he's just killing his credibility now.

His complaining about the show, of course, is clearly no help at calming the nerves for those of us who are waiting for official news of Gg's renewal, but OTOH, as a sort of backhanded compliment toward the show (and ER, which he also massively underrates, totally missing its creative revival this season), he does acknowledge the show's importance to the network.  Whcih is fine as far as it goes regarding how likely he thinks it is that the show is going to continue -- and yay, he thinks it's going to be renewed.  It's just that that's the *only* opinion of his that goes *anywhere* anymore, IMO.  Just don't let his lack of enthusiasm for the show get you down.  That's his problem, not ours.    Dance

-- Rob

-----------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because, to quote Faith the Vampire Slayer, "It's just like riding a biker" . . . named Lorelai.  (Dirty!)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:25:16 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: April 29, 2007, 06:54:23 am »

He referred to s4's "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais" as "screeching" Fight Censor Wall after it first aired

Alright, that one sentence made me loose any respect for him I had at all Angry (which wasn't there alot to begin with) that was one of the best episodes that season and that is my fave season!

I agree with you Rob, do not take him too seriously at all!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: April 29, 2007, 11:20:22 am »

I'm baaack!
Fuuun.

Welcome back Cathy Smiley   And good that you got rid of all the viruses!!

Well the latest news we have (from Ausiello, Kristin,...) is that there are talks of a shortened (13 episodes) sesaon. A week ago Ausiello said, it looks like it's a done deal and they only need to announce it now .. but then, two days ago he said that something is keeping them from signing the contracts ... So - shortened season looking good, but we still have to hope and mandate.

The latest thing we did was a mail out - many creative talents here created picutes with books and daisies and they've been collected together with this nice short sentences (e.g. "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmore for one more year") and we mailed them out on April 25th .. but if you still want to participate, I think it couldn't hurt as the letters probably won't all arrive on the same day .. you don't have to go back to far to find this post which contains all the information about it Wink

Thanks divine!

13 episodes still sounds amazing!

And I just printed out tons of daisies and books for the mailing thing that already past! I'll send them tomorrow!

Keep up the great work everyone.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3629 on: April 29, 2007, 03:27:22 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 42029. Rank is #9. (2160 away from #8 and 2363 ahead of #10)

Hello Gilmore Girls fans!!  We just passed 42,000 votes for our favorite girls at teavee.com!! Two days of voting left this month and Gilmore Girls is at #9, hoping to get to the #8 spot before the month is over!!    We can do it !!  Please stop by when you can these last couple of days of the month!!  Let's have a voting party there and show our support for Lorelai and Rory!!  Every vote counts!!  Thanks for your help everybody!!  Go Gilmore Girls!! 

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite show and let TV executives know what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: