The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 02:59:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765555 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3600 on: April 26, 2007, 09:46:33 pm »

I have just watched that David Letterman show and it is funny. Thanks for the explanation.
The Ellen one's even better!  Ellen starts cracking up.  Make sure you don't miss it.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: April 26, 2007, 11:11:52 pm »

Hopefully this link works ...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=5841ef77-267d-4d73-9436-2addd6257faa

Kristin has posted a small update in regards to the SOS poll.  Give it a read over ... and then leave comments accordingly.  Be positive. Wink  It's good to know that she hasn't forgotten about the poll ... even if I am kind of bitter that she led the story with Veronica Mars news, etc., and the fact that Rob Thomas is appearing on the Vine next week.

Bitter, party of one.  At least I'm not in denial. Wink

~Heidi

[Chandler Bing] OMG!  Could Kristin *be* any lazier in her reporting?!   [/Chandler Bing]  At that link above she was just regurgitating exactly what she reported on E! News a week ago Wednesday regarding Gg and just restating earlier posts she'd already made about Veronica Mars!  There was absolutely no new news about either show in the post!  It's not as if enough time hadn't flown by to where she could just steal from Asueillo the news that the 13-episode contract is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust about done.   Roll Eyes

So here's what we *still* know:

1) Gg is most likely going to go for at least 13 more episodes.  Contracts are reportedly in transit to wherever they go to burst out of their cocoons and become season-long butterflies Dragonflies.  Something is apparently stalling any official announcement.  Could be anything from a junior paralegal proofreading the contracts at the rate of, like, one word per hour to discussions about preparing for the impending writers' strike to the network being dumb enough to milk the suspense until the Upfronts (if it's a 13-episode season) to the network having the 13-episode contract in hand but still using the rest of the remaining time before the upfronts to try to convince the gals to do a full 22 (in which case, if they get it, milking the suspense would be entirely justified).

2) Rob Thomas is in denial.  He seems to be the only person connected with his show that doesn't know that it's been cancelled.  OK, sure, that's the showrunner's job, to be chipper and in denial until official cancellation notices are given, but c'mon, when even the most respected, veteran actor on the show is pessimistic about it in print, it's toast.

In other words, Kristin used waaaaaaaaay too many words to say, essentially "There's no new news here.  Move along.  Nothing to see here."

Also, to follow up on the bicycle story:  Yeah, I was talking about the story as she told it on Letterman. go_clo got the story just about right, but I did want to add one more thing that was the coup de grace to the story:  When Dave asked her if she was wearing a helmet at the time, she said no and he put the Dad Cap on and started chastising her about the possibility of her getting hurt.  That was pretty much when the story blew up in her face -- well, most of her talk show appearances tend to blow up in her face because, well, she does try to push her stories further than they possibly *should* go or the host will take it further than it probably should go.  Either way, I think she was taken aback a little that the story didn't sound as funny as she thought it did in her head -- not offended at Dave or the audience but still kinda, "Oh crap!  Now everybody thinks I'm a crazy speed freak out to kill myself on a runaway bicycle everyday."  That sort of thing.  But hey, one of her previous appearances on Letterman, she talked about getting "baked" (if you know what I mean), so it's not as if she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

If she told the same story on Ellen, I must have missed it because I remember the interview she did where Ellen brought a pair of horses to the studio and they went horseback riding for a segment that ended with Ellen making a pass at her by giving her the saddle she had been riding.  And, of course, the Valentine's Day show last year, which rocked. 

Come to think of it, the most frustrating thing right now is that, well, the gals pretty much have had to be in lockdown mode *not* doing appearances on talk shows for the past few months as the negotiations went on.  But that'll come soon enough with the inevitable Evan Almighty talk-show tour in mid-June.  Something more to look forward to in addition to the renewal for season 8.

-- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory has yet to meet her Luke.  (Sorry, Rogan'ers!)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:13:51 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: April 27, 2007, 12:53:52 am »

Also, to follow up on the bicycle story:  Yeah, I was talking about the story as she told it on Letterman. go_clo got the story just about right, but I did want to add one more thing that was the coup de grace to the story:  When Dave asked her if she was wearing a helmet at the time, she said no and he put the Dad Cap on and started chastising her about the possibility of her getting hurt.  That was pretty much when the story blew up in her face -- well, most of her talk show appearances tend to blow up in her face because, well, she does try to push her stories further than they possibly *should* go or the host will take it further than it probably should go.  Either way, I think she was taken aback a little that the story didn't sound as funny as she thought it did in her head -- not offended at Dave or the audience but still kinda, "Oh crap!  Now everybody thinks I'm a crazy speed freak out to kill myself on a runaway bicycle everyday."  That sort of thing.  But hey, one of her previous appearances on Letterman, she talked about getting "baked" (if you know what I mean), so it's not as if she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

If she told the same story on Ellen, I must have missed it because I remember the interview she did where Ellen brought a pair of horses to the studio and they went horseback riding for a segment that ended with Ellen making a pass at her by giving her the saddle she had been riding.  And, of course, the Valentine's Day show last year, which rocked. 

Yea that kinda ticked me off that David threw the story in her face, I found it funny lol! I forgot about the helmet thing though Wink So thanks for reminding me.

She has been on Ellen like 5 or 6 times I think so I think you must have missed quite a few of her appearances. She did tell Ellen that story and Ellen was pretty good about it and found it funny Smiley This was after the DL episode she did I think.

Come to think of it, the most frustrating thing right now is that, well, the gals pretty much have had to be in lockdown mode *not* doing appearances on talk shows for the past few months as the negotiations went on.  But that'll come soon enough with the inevitable Evan Almighty talk-show tour in mid-June.  Something more to look forward to in addition to the renewal for season 8.

Yea they have been under a rock lately, the only interviews I've seen were written interviews and I think it was only like 1 or 2 from Lauren. I'm guessing the girls have been kinda hiding out cause of this whole S8 debacle. Probably don't want to get swept up in the rumor storm. I'm guessing Lauren will be back in the spot light again for a little while during June for Evan Almghty. Alexis also has a new film coming out called Life Is Short but I don't know if she will get alot of attention from it since it is apparently a pretty short film. Dysenchanted short!

Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Rory has yet to meet her Luke.  (Sorry, Rogan'ers!)

She already has found her Luke *coughMartycough* Wink Grin

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 27, 2007, 04:42:12 am »

I have a question, if we get the 13 episodes, will Alexis be in it or just Lauren?

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
lalaliz2005
« Reply #3604 on: April 27, 2007, 05:41:54 am »

No one really knows for sure. Alexis could just guest star. But it could be safe to say she will be in SOME of them since Lauren has said she's sticking by her tv daughter and won't sign if Alexis doesn't.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3605 on: April 27, 2007, 08:12:44 am »

Is there any way to see these priceless LG talk show appearances?

And, my assumption is that if we get a 13 episode season 8, it would be with Alexis full time. (of course, I'm still assuming/hoping there's going to be a full 22 epi season, so maybe I'm just in dream land all around.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:15:14 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3606 on: April 27, 2007, 08:24:53 am »

Is there any way to see these priceless LG talk show appearances?

You can find most of them on youtube Wink
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D711D20EC5510EF8  here a some of them (I added them to my favorites)

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3607 on: April 27, 2007, 08:37:22 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 37081. Rank is #9. (4436 away from #8 and 779 ahead of #10)

Thanks for the support of everyone for continuing to vote for our favorite girls!!  Less than 4 days of voting left this month and Gilmore Girls with over 37,000 votes at #9!!  Great job everybody!! Hopefully, we can keep our girls in the Top 10 until the end of the month!! Definitely a big leap when the show only had a total of 83 votes last month.  And we're gearing up for next month-- May sweeps-- by starting strong so let's try to vote there when you can!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals so there's plenty of time to do other things in between voting!! Chat with other GG fans from around the world there as well!!  Hope to see you there!!  Go Gilmore Girls!!!

Vote for Gilmore Girls to show TV executives what fans really care about!!    http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: April 27, 2007, 09:26:02 am »

I just watched the video on ellen from 9/26 and it is absolutely hysterical. i recommend watching it. =D

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 27, 2007, 11:17:34 am »

Hey guys this is kinda off topic but I could not find a place to post so I just wanted to let you guys know in case you don't already know that there is going to be a Gilmore girls marthon on Sunday at 2 eastern time Smiley
I have a question when was Lauren on those shows? I wish I would have seen them
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: April 27, 2007, 12:33:04 pm »

No one really knows for sure. Alexis could just guest star. But it could be safe to say she will be in SOME of them since Lauren has said she's sticking by her tv daughter and won't sign if Alexis doesn't.

Thanks, that has been bothering me. I wish we knew.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 27, 2007, 02:30:44 pm »

I wish we knew also I am going crazy! I thought I read something somewere that there would be an offical announcement before may 17 did anyone else read that?
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3612 on: April 27, 2007, 06:31:36 pm »

I hadn't heard anything on that front...the only thing I've heard is that'll we'll know on May 17, with the possiblity of knowing beforehand.  At this rate, they'll most likely just wait to make the announcement...draw it out, make people beg some more.  Who knows though...I would love to know, like today!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3613 on: April 27, 2007, 06:42:28 pm »

For all we know they have already signed on for 13 episodes and they are waiting to make the announcement on May 17th (cause lets face it the CW can do whatever they want and make us suffer)!  But b/c we haven't heard anything lets all keep up the great work we have shown over the past couple months Smiley Lets keep mandating strong. 

Season 8 or Bust

-Amy-
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:15:41 pm by trickyiu » Logged

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
DeaDuchess
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 27, 2007, 07:04:48 pm »

I was just watching some videos on youtube and i came across this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJueoMmAjk and it made me really excited to see how the show will unfold in season 8-  Because there WILL be a season 8!! My favorite clip is when Luke and Lorelai get engaged and it just HAS to happen AGAIN!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: