The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:38:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730710 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:01 pm »

Mailed.

Conrad, you're my Lauren lovin' hero!!!† Everybody else that has posted something off, stop by and let us know.† Mine went last week as it is travelling all the way from Australia.

Remember when all of the news we were getting was bad and the mood sunk and we didnít think it was possible?† We said, donít get down in the dumps keep Mandating, itís not over until the CW says it is.† I just think we should still apply that logic, thereís no Season 8 until the CW says there is.† What if there is a snag as youíve mentioned but it festers and becomes a major problem.† And then the fan response is dying down because everyone thinks itís a done deal so thereís not as much support rolling in, it makes it easier to just call it a day.† Especially with the finale that works as a season or series finale.†

This is exactly what I wanted to say hun, I guess I was just a little more crass about it!! Embarrassed Cheesy

BTW all those guests that are viewing this thread, join in!!!† We'd love to have you on board and help send the love to our Girls!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3571 on: April 25, 2007, 03:54:16 pm »

I put my Daisies in the mail today!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a season 8.  Honestly I don't know how much longer I can wait for the news.  This thread has been awful quiet as many others have stated!! Did everyone mail out their stuff today besides Caryn, Conrad and Laurla205?!!  Lets keep going strong guys.  Season 8 is not in the bag yet and to be honest I am quite worried.. Undecided What is the holdup? 

Don't hate Mandate

-Amy-

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 25, 2007, 05:59:32 pm »

I put my Daisies in the mail today!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a season 8. Honestly I don't know how much longer I can wait for the news. This thread has been awful quiet as many others have stated!! Did everyone mail out their stuff today besides Caryn, Conrad and Laurla205?!! Lets keep going strong guys. Season 8 is not in the bag yet and to be honest I am quite worried.. Undecided What is the holdup?

Don't hate Mandate

-Amy-

I mailed out a few and will send some in e-mails in a lil while.

And yes, keep up the mandating until we here OFFICIAL WORD on an 8th season. Everything we're hearing are just rumors so keep up the great work everyone!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: April 25, 2007, 08:05:45 pm »

I sent my letters in so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I sent the books and personal letters to Alexis weeks ago, a letter to her agent, and I can't afford to send the daisies but I did send a very heartfilled letter to her in the begining of this whole campaign.

Even though the MA bit sounded discouraging don't forget this is the same guy who has been pulling puppet strings for this whole season. The spoilers he leaks out are true in root but branch out into false especially about the Season 8 "updates". Don;t forget about a month ago he was almost CONVINCED that there WASN'T going to be any hope of an 8th season, then all of a sudden he makes an opposite statement forcing an opinion that it is a fact, and now he's saying he's not so sure anymore. MA is not as reliable as he makes himself to be and he leaks things out only if he thinks it will get him somewhere. I don't think he is an ethusiastic about an 8th season as we are and he might be more inclined to lean towards VM in terms of accurate information.

To me this is even more of a uncertainty and anyone who really, truly wants an 8th season of some sort (especially a full season) need to keep doing your part to contribute to a possible positive outcome. I know I have been working my butt off on this and many other members have been as well. Don't forget that members at the CW, Tv Shows.com, and etc ALSO can help us with this so we should extend our ideas to them to take if they want it. The more people we have working together the more hope we have of making this Season 8 dream a reality. We can do this!

Heidi- I keep asking this but I never receive a response, have you sent the 2nd photo campaign book yet?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 08:37:43 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3574 on: April 25, 2007, 08:21:54 pm »

i sent some stuff today too! im so proud of myself  Grin and of everyone else! i love us! haha!

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

khadijahnm
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: April 25, 2007, 08:28:26 pm »

I just got my envelope together and it will go out in the morning. Isn't it better late than never?

Well I live in the SW United States so that should shorten the mailing time.

Go Great8Mandate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3576 on: April 25, 2007, 08:44:48 pm »

I sent out my daisy proposals to Lauren today  Grin I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'm almost 30 years old and I really did do 50... (but I kinda cheated- my printer did not have enough ink to print out that many of those beautiful flower pics that you created, so I found this great paper that was covered with tons of yellow daises at a craft store, and I typed out in huge letters, just "Lauren, will you please be our Lorelai Glimore for an 8th season?!" and other Lorelai specific quotes)

It's almost May, I can't believe it. I really need to hear what's going on soon. I really hope they're all just hashing out the 13/22 details...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: April 26, 2007, 12:03:30 am »

I don't think that Ausiello saying that "something's holding up the works" is necessarily as bad as it sounds.† Any contracts for a new season, whether it's 13 episodes or 22 episodes or what is likely going to take some time to process by the network, studio and even the actresses' peeps.† Maybe the CW is still working on them to agree to a full 22 episodes or to add to the contracts the possibility of adding the Back Nine (if such a provision doesn't already exist).† There's also an impending writers' strike that should start happening in the fall -- Las Vegas is already going to start *filming* in the next few days in order to bank their entire season early, so perhaps some scheduling conflict is being worked out between Lauren, Alexis and the producers of the Sisterhood sequel that starts filming in June.† If the network and studio are also trying to bank episodes in advance, then Lauren as an EP or Producer has to be in the production process, participating in script development and whatnot, like, right now and then scheduling how the movie and the show would be sharing Alexis would be another headache that would have to be figured out right now.

Just a theory.† OTOH, it could be bunnies.

† -- Rob

-----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because a writer's strike might ensure that the actresses get a longer vacation between season 8 and season 9 and thus they might have the time to start missing the show more and thus have every motivation to come back and . . .

Oh Rob.† I love your posts, theyíre so uplifting and you bring such a great perspective. Smiley 

Thanks!  I wonder what I'm doing right here?  My hobbit name should be Foulmouth McCrankypants.  Maybe it's just that there's too much testosterone (besides me) on alt.tv.gilmore-girls, where I'm the FAQ-keeper.   Lips Sealed

Remember when all of the news we were getting was bad and the mood sunk and we didnít think it was possible?† We said, donít get down in the dumps keep Mandating, itís not over until the CW says it is.† I just think we should still apply that logic, thereís no Season 8 until the CW says there is.† What if there is a snag as youíve mentioned but it festers and becomes a major problem.† And then the fan response is dying down because everyone thinks itís a done deal so thereís not as much support rolling in, it makes it easier to just call it a day.† Especially with the finale that works as a season or series finale.†

Well, there could be a snag of some kind, or maybe they're just holding it back to announce at the Upfronts or maybe they've got the 13-episode deal, signed, selaed and delivered *and* they're still negotiating for a full 22-episode season.  In any case, the way I see it is that ever since I joined this thread right around page 60 or so (and, hilarious note:  all of the community points I've earned have been on this thread because this is the first and only thread here at gg.org I've posted to since, well, the Great Server Burp of 2005 or whatever it was, BID), is that we spent a lot of energy in the SOS campaign, and not that it's not worth the effort -- because it absolutely is -- I remember from the Save Farscape campaign, where I burnt out after only two weeks, that you gotta learn to pace yourself.  Even three weeks after winning the SOS contest and another two weeks on this thread, it feels to me like the marathon it's supposed to be.  Maybe some peoples' committments tapered off a bit after the winner of the SOS was officially announced, like, that's all we can really do -- and, well, I think it's great that those people helped the Mandate reach that goal 'cause it's like, let's take all the help we can get when they can give it.  It's not necessarily a bad thing if there's a lull in even participation in this thread just 'cause 1) the SOS Award itself took quite a bit of effort and was so controversial in internet fandom because of the way all the shows' fanbases voted and 2) because if there are any lurkers here from either the show or the network/studio, they know that we hauled serious gluteus maximus to win that award, especially among a hostile group of E! MB regulars who are primarily (but not all) VM fans.

But yeah, as for the lack of an announcement of the renewal.  I know, it's starting to get to everybody.  I can even see how Jillian is waaaay more skeptical than I am about Ausiello's info -- he has certainly turned Gg news into enough of a rollercoaster ride and rollercoaster rides can make one dizzy, even when they're metaphorical rollercoasters.  But even though his enthusiasm for the show has waned a bit, I think he's still a fan of it and wouldn't be posting any news that he didn't think was accurate.  Heck, even Kristin reported his scoop about even the possibility of 13 more episodes about a week after he did.  Heck, he's even reporting that Mark Harmon is about ready to walk away from NCIS because, well, the show's showrunner, Don Bellisario has made the workday so long and so chaotic that it sounds to *me* like that show is where Amy feared she'd be taking Gg if she had stayed on for another year without an increased staff.

FWIW, the thing I try to keep in mind is that if Ausiello names names, then the article has been vetted by TV Guide's lawyers, which means that Ausiello's sources are reliable.  Sometimes, things still change, but to me, it just reads like this one is the real deal and we'll get the official announcement soon enough.

That doesn't mean that the letter-writing campaigns shouldn't slow down any.  Besides it not being May 17th yet, even if the contracts are signed and just happen to be misplaced on some junior lawyer's desk at the CW, continuing the letter-writing campaign until any official announcement keeps the pressure up, just in case, of course, but it'll also be seen as continuing evidence of we fans' support of the show, perhaps even just giving the gals more motivation and enthusiasm and maybe that'll help spark their interest in continuing the show beyond 13 more episodes -- or if they're already considering it, help to put them over the top on signing on for that Back Nine.

So anyway, it's business as usual, keep writing the letters until we hear something, then start the Thank You campaign when the show's renewal is announced (that sound you hear is Heidi trying to strangle me  Grin ) and then move on to the Back Nine campaign when that one's done. 

A writers strike?† Oy vey.† †

Yeah, and I find it very suspicious that some kind of a snag got hit right around the time that Rosie announces that she's leaving The View.   Shocked

JK.  I hope.   Tongue

(I really donít want to sound stupid, but I canít make sense of the bunnies comment, what does OTOH mean?)

OTOH = On the other hand.  And since I was mentioning that it was just a theory, I was alluding to Anya singing the lyric "It could be bunnies" in "I've Got a Theory" from BTVS's OMWF.  (Okay, now that I've used up my acronym allowance for this week, that's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer: 'Once More With Feeling'").

HTH!  (D'Oh!)

-- Rob

-------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because somebody needs to tell Lorelai that riding a bike in 4-inch heels is *wrong.*  And with no helmet, either?!  Who does she think she is, Lauren Graham?!  (Or would that be "Jennifer Aniston"?)

PS: That one's obscure enough that I'll explain it if you need me to.   Wink
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: April 26, 2007, 12:20:10 am »

Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because somebody needs to tell Lorelai that riding a bike in 4-inch heels is *wrong.*† And with no helmet, either?!† Who does she think she is, Lauren Graham?!† (Or would that be "Jennifer Aniston"?)

PS: That one's obscure enough that I'll explain it if you need me to.† †Wink

heheh was that from the Ellen interview?

And I'm a little scared to say that being a huge Buffy fan and knowing you are also, I actually kind of figured out the bunnies tag.

Please read Forum Rules
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 26, 2007, 02:45:23 am »

Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because somebody needs to tell Lorelai that riding a bike in 4-inch heels is *wrong.*† And with no helmet, either?!† Who does she think she is, Lauren Graham?!† (Or would that be "Jennifer Aniston"?)

Explanation please!!!!!!!
snicklefritz

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:57 am »

haha I remember that interview... I laughed so hard.  I think its from her first ever interview with ellen

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 26, 2007, 05:01:22 am »

haha that was soooo funny! Cheesy

Explanation please!!!!!!!

haha you gotta watch that interview!

Ok I'll explain it to you! Wink

So I don't know if you know this but Lauren Graham is kinda a big bike person, she rides her bike around the lot all the time to get place to place fast. The lot is to big to walk all the way across, possible but alot slower and I don't think cars are aloud in the lot, maybe they are but she uses a bike...anyway A while back, Lauren was on David Letterman (all those saying it was from an Ellen interview are also right but I think the DL interview was before that one) and she was telling David about how she was riding her bike to the set one day and she went through a stop sign. The set cop stopped her to give her a ticket, Lauren tried to explain that she didn't know the stop sign was serious. She thought it was there for fun because she found it absolutely rediculous to put a stop sign on a parking lot. The cop wouldn't believe her and give her any mercy so she decided she was going to give her the ticket anyway. The cop then asks for Laurens name and Lauren kinda giggles thinking the cop is kidding cause come on, she is Lauren Graham Wink One of the most popular WB stars! She looks at her and says Jennifer Aniston! The cop writes down the name, gives her the ticket and leaves lol Cheesy

Clearly the lady wasn't a huge tv fan! LMAO She didn't even know who Jennifer Aniston was!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 05:47:42 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 26, 2007, 05:42:06 am »

Haha I remember that...Haha I was laughing so much when she said that!! omg that was a HILArIOUS interview!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3583 on: April 26, 2007, 06:32:58 am »

Ok, I haven't been online for a few days now - I had the flu and stayed in bed almost all day Sad

don't know what to think about the latest Ausiello news - I mean last week he sounded like it's almost a done deal and now there are this delays - although some of you already pointed out that this hasn't to be a bad thing ... but the only thing we can do now is 1) HOPING Smiley† †aaand 2) mandating!

Btw, I sent off my paper-flowers and books last week - seems like many people participated in (at, on - whatever *lol*) this project and that's really great!
I am planning on sending more tomorrow - maybe they'll arrive after a decision is made, but I think it can't hurt if they know how much we - the fans - really want the show to come back.

The interview you were talking about - hilarious! I just watched all of them 2 weeks before and I have to say, interviews with Lauren are a lot of fun!!

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3584 on: April 26, 2007, 09:57:07 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 35150. Rank is #9. (5228 away from #8 and 475 ahead of #10)

Thanks for the support of everyone for continuing to vote for our favorite girls!!  Just 5 days of voting left this month and Gilmore Girls just passed 35,000 votes at #9!!  Great job everybody!! Hopefully, we can keep our girls in the Top 10 until the end of the month!! Definitely a big leap when the show only had a total of 83 votes last month.  And we're gearing up for next month-- May sweeps-- by starting strong so let's try to vote there when you can!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals so there's plenty of time to do other things in between voting!! Chat with other GG fans from around the world there as well!!  Hope to see you there!!  Go Gilmore Girls!!!

Vote for Gilmore Girls to show TV executives what fans really care about!!    http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: