The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:03:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762434 times)
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3555 on: April 25, 2007, 05:55:24 am »

^^

Completely agree.  Frankly, at this point I would be estactic for a 13 episode season.  It's better than the 3 episodes we have left, anything is better than that.  I really just hope that they get this deal signed and annouced before I have a coranary!  Undecided

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #3556 on: April 25, 2007, 06:15:05 am »

ugh. this is depressing but, 13 is better than 0. hopefully if they do the 13, they are amazing and by some force beyond us, they agree to keep going after that. we shall see. keep your fingers crossed!!
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3557 on: April 25, 2007, 09:06:28 am »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 34021. Rank is #9. (5423 away from #8 and 745 ahead of #10)

I have been out of town this past week and was not able to post an update this past few days but I want to thank the support of everyone for continuing to vote for our favorite girls!!  Less than a week left of voting this month and Gilmore Girls just passed 34,000 votes at #9!!  Great job everybody!! Hopefully, we can keep our girls in the Top 10 until the end of the month!!  Definitely a big leap when the show only had a total of 83 votes last month.  And we're gearing up for next month-- May sweeps-- by starting strong so let's try to vote there when you can!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals so there's plenty of time to do other things in between voting!! Chat with other GG fans from around the world there as well!!  Hope to see you there!!  Go Gilmore Girls!!! Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls to show TV executives what fans really care about!!    http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: April 25, 2007, 09:15:30 am »

i mailed the clip to four people: alexis' managers, david o. and other adress of upn Wink
thanks for letting me know you like it (even if you don't you can let me know ^^)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:42:19 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: April 25, 2007, 09:24:30 am »

Come on people, we need a Season 8 even if it's a shorter season. The stories need to finish out in a much better fashion than just ending GG for what we are going to get. L/L need to be together again and married. R/L also need to get back together as a couple. I'm crossing all my toes and fingers for a Season 8. If not, I'll be disappointed in GG.
robinepowell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: April 25, 2007, 09:29:15 am »

In case anyone needs a little Great8Mandate motivation, here's the latest from TV Guide's Michael Ausiello ...

Question: Thanks for keeping us updated on the nail-biting situation that is Gilmore Girls' possible eighth season. Please give us the latest update, even if it's that things are the same.ó Heather M.

Ausiello: The 13-episode deal should've been signed, sealed and delivered by now. Something's obviously holding up the works. Maybe Sally Struthers is playing hardball.

There you have it.† Nothing's in the bag yet.† Let's all try and get those letters of support mailed tomorrow.† Mail a letter, print out a daisy, send a postcard ... every bit helps!

~Heidi

Um Heidi, I hate to break it to you but I already posted that in the post right before yours. Tongue  I guess you didn't before posting?  Grin

Anway, looks like anyone who campaigned, their hard work is finally paying off. Wink
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: April 25, 2007, 09:40:15 am »

Am I the only one that doesnít see Ausielloís news as good news?† I think its bad news, he says everything should have been done by now and since itís not there must be a hold up.† That means that S8 was close to being in the bag and now itís out of the bag.† Not good.† Thatís the opposite of good.† We need to keep going strong!

I put my daisy and book letters in the mailbox this morning.†
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 25, 2007, 10:13:16 am »

Am I the only one that doesnít see Ausielloís news as good news?† I think its bad news, he says everything should have been done by now and since itís not there must be a hold up.† That means that S8 was close to being in the bag and now itís out of the bag.† Not good.† Thatís the opposite of good.† We need to keep going strong!

I put my daisy and book letters in the mailbox this morning.†

I don't think that Ausiello saying that "something's holding up the works" is necessarily as bad as it sounds.  Any contracts for a new season, whether it's 13 episodes or 22 episodes or what is likely going to take some time to process by the network, studio and even the actresses' peeps.  Maybe the CW is still working on them to agree to a full 22 episodes or to add to the contracts the possibility of adding the Back Nine (if such a provision doesn't already exist).  There's also an impending writers' strike that should start happening in the fall -- Las Vegas is already going to start *filming* in the next few days in order to bank their entire season early, so perhaps some scheduling conflict is being worked out between Lauren, Alexis and the producers of the Sisterhood sequel that starts filming in June.  If the network and studio are also trying to bank episodes in advance, then Lauren as an EP or Producer has to be in the production process, participating in script development and whatnot, like, right now and then scheduling how the movie and the show would be sharing Alexis would be another headache that would have to be figured out right now.

Just a theory.  OTOH, it could be bunnies.

-- Rob

-----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because a writer's strike might ensure that the actresses get a longer vacation between season 8 and season 9 and thus they might have the time to start missing the show more and thus have every motivation to come back and . . .
lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: April 25, 2007, 12:36:39 pm »

We need an 8th season!!! i can't handle GG never coming back!!!

Not Yet!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts [/color]

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: April 25, 2007, 12:59:58 pm »

I don't think that Ausiello saying that "something's holding up the works" is necessarily as bad as it sounds.† Any contracts for a new season, whether it's 13 episodes or 22 episodes or what is likely going to take some time to process by the network, studio and even the actresses' peeps.† Maybe the CW is still working on them to agree to a full 22 episodes or to add to the contracts the possibility of adding the Back Nine (if such a provision doesn't already exist).† There's also an impending writers' strike that should start happening in the fall -- Las Vegas is already going to start *filming* in the next few days in order to bank their entire season early, so perhaps some scheduling conflict is being worked out between Lauren, Alexis and the producers of the Sisterhood sequel that starts filming in June.† If the network and studio are also trying to bank episodes in advance, then Lauren as an EP or Producer has to be in the production process, participating in script development and whatnot, like, right now and then scheduling how the movie and the show would be sharing Alexis would be another headache that would have to be figured out right now.

Just a theory.† OTOH, it could be bunnies.

† -- Rob

-----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:† Because a writer's strike might ensure that the actresses get a longer vacation between season 8 and season 9 and thus they might have the time to start missing the show more and thus have every motivation to come back and . . .

Oh Rob.† I love your posts, theyíre so uplifting and you bring such a great perspective. Smiley

Remember when all of the news we were getting was bad and the mood sunk and we didnít think it was possible?† We said, donít get down in the dumps keep Mandating, itís not over until the CW says it is.† I just think we should still apply that logic, thereís no Season 8 until the CW says there is.† What if there is a snag as youíve mentioned but it festers and becomes a major problem.† And then the fan response is dying down because everyone thinks itís a done deal so thereís not as much support rolling in, it makes it easier to just call it a day.† Especially with the finale that works as a season or series finale.†

A writers strike?† Oy vey.† †

(I really donít want to sound stupid, but I canít make sense of the bunnies comment, what does OTOH mean?)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3565 on: April 25, 2007, 01:05:33 pm »

(I really donít want to sound stupid, but I canít make sense of the bunnies comment, what does OTOH mean?)

On the other hand. Wink

As a reminder, today is 'mail out' day.  Please do your part (that's me applying peer pressure) and mail out some piece of Great8Madate support.  All the addresses and contact information you need can be found on the first post of this thread.

Thank you!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: April 25, 2007, 02:05:45 pm »

I would be so happy even if we just get 13 episodes it is way better then not having any!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: April 25, 2007, 02:27:22 pm »

As a reminder, today is 'mail out' day.† Please do your part (that's me applying peer pressure) and mail out some piece of Great8Madate support.† All the addresses and contact information you need can be found on the first post of this thread.

Thank you!

~Heidi

Heidi, with all due respect, you suck at peer pressure!!! Wink Cheesy† (You do realise this is a compliment, right?)

I on the other hand am very confused at what I am reading.† People saying 13 episodes is better than none.† I agree. HOWEVER, we don't have those 13 episodes!!!!!† It's not signed, sealed and delivered, and it's concerning that this it the case.

Today is mail out day!!!
[/b][/color] [/size]†
All the hard work is done.† You just need to print out a daisy or a book (several if you can), personalise it with one of the supplied quotes and pop it in the mail to either Lauren, Alexis, or the CW (addresses can be found on the first post of this thread).†

Visit this post for your supplies:† http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg319349#msg319349

Let's show them the love and support they deserve and give them no reason to relax on the negotiations.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3568 on: April 25, 2007, 02:38:45 pm »

I on the other hand am very confused at what I am reading.  People saying 13 episodes is better than none.  I agree. HOWEVER, we don't have those 13 episodes!!!!!  It's not signed, sealed and delivered, and it's concerning that this it the case.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

So true.  So very true. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41:28 pm »

Mailed.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)