The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:54:37 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764846 times)
lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:47 pm »

frankly, i'd like to know who kristin is and what she did as well...i feel so out of the loop...i'm very new at this!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: April 24, 2007, 08:59:14 pm »

This will get you guys up to speed on Rob's thoughts on the subject.

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite a bit of it here so that I don't miss the show tonight.

In the fall of 2005, around the time of the first third of s6, Kristin published an infamous blind riddle entitled "Pissy Polly" that said that an actress who doesn't like an actor on her set was going around saying how much she hated the show and was threatening to quit the show because she was deeply unhappy due to storyline and the presence of a particular character (I'm paraphrasing here) -- who Kristin implied was NOT necessarily the actor that "Polly" historically is not supposed to like. The consensus was that the rumor was about LG and the actor in reference was SP. We now know that LG and ASP were having arguments over the direction the series was taking. It eventually worked out -- I think at least one of the early episodes and a couple of other scenes were written specifically for LG specifically to clarify the storyline. IMO, it was several of the scenes that more clearly observe that Lorelai was *severely* depressed, almost to the point of delusion, over Rory's abandonment of her. Anyway, later on, this rumor was obliquely alluded in a question to Lauren by, IIRC, Kristin's frenemy (ie: Ausiello) and LG referred to the actor she was having problems with being the dog. It was treated as a joke, but I suspect that given The Dog Paul Anka's ongoing inability to hit his marks and then sit still, I honestly don't think that the second half of the rumor was about anyone other than The Dog Paul Anka.

Fast Forward about a month or so, Pissy Polly Rumor #2 comes around. Kristin says that Pissy Polly ordered the return of a certain item -- later to be revealed as one of her fan-voted end-of-the-season Tater Top Awards because the character names were listed in reverse order. The only award given out that season that such a rumor could be attributed to was the award for Best Chemistry, which was awarded to "Luke and Lorelai." Kristin is thus saying that LG was the person responsible for the return of the award.

I had *several* HUGE problems as a fan with Kristin's theory about LG being the person responsible for the return of the award, but first and foremost is this one: all promotional material, including fan-based awards and what not *always* go through the showrunner of the given show -- and, of course, ntoed feminist Amy Sherman-Palladino was still the showrunner of Gg at that time. Nevermind that intuitively, I think that Lauren is NOT the type of person to send a fan award back on account of what is, in essence, a typo, I *do* think that ASP *is* the type that would send back such an award because the lead character, Lorelai, a woman, is listed second, not first. Also, I have no way to prove this at the present time, but IIRC some journalist had previously referred to the couple as "Luke and Lorelai" in an interview somewhere (may even have been TV Guide) and ASP corrected that journalist, hating the order of the names both because Lorelai is listed second and because it sounds too much like "Luke and Laura" from General Hospital and the rape-based origin of that pairing is icky enough as it is.

Third, and here's the coup de grace: in Kristin's end-of-2005 column, she included on a list of 10 items a warning to ASP -- specifically by name -- to not let LG walk all over her. Anybody who's read interviews with ASP before or after she left Gg knows that Kristin was soooooooooo off-base with this rumor that it would have been hilarious if it weren't so obvious an attempt to go after LG. At this point, it became clear that whether or not the return of the TTA, which Kristin admitted hurt her feelings, went through ASP, she blamed LG for it.

Flash forward about three months to E! News's coverage of the episode The Real Paul Anka -- it's an on-set interview with LG and The Real Paul Anka. And guess who's doing the interview with them? Nope, not Kristin, who was the sole correspondent on E!'s TV beat at the time, it was E!'s movie correspondent Samantha Harris. Reading between the lines, it's clear to me, but admittedly somewhat speculative, that Kristin was banned from the Gg set. Whether by ASP or LG or both, IMO, it doesn't matter. If Kristin was banned from the set over these rumors, it was IMO justified.

By the time of the season finale "Partings," Kristin was back in Gilmoreland, interviewing Alexis on the set of Logan's apartment, with the London-themed Party decorations in full view. Perhaps the ban had been lifted by the time of the s6 finale and she was just made to feel so uncomfortable on the set that she's just never been back. In addition, she interviewed some Gg peeps at the CW premiere bash -- EH, KB, SP and IIRC, MCz. But that's more or less been all the direct contact she's had with Gg peeps that has made it onto the air of E! News ever since. Moreover, Kristin's coverage of news about Gg has generally lagged about a week, sometimes as much as two weeks, behind Ausiello ever since. Icing on the cake: Jason Kennedy interviewed Lauren for E! during her press junkets for Because I Said So back at the top of this year.

I admit that my description is conjecture, but after she passed on three negative rumors in a row -- the third one of which was directed at ASP by name, I think my theory is pretty close to what really went down. What's ironic is that previous to these rumors, Kristin had nothing but nice things to say about LG, especially liking to pass on the info that she'd been in the same line at a local coffee shop as LG or been at the same restaurant as LG and describing her as sweet, nice, etc. It all just makes me wonder what the disconnect was that prompted Kristin to start the Pissy Polly rumors in the first place and then go so overboard as to directly attack ASP in the last installement of that series.

If anyone here also witnessed the rumors, too, did I miss anything?

-- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9: Because I'm part Irish, and that's all the excuse I really need. Clover

And that's why I wasn't surprised at all when she came out with GG and VM "winning" the SOS... lol

She's still bitter.

Please read Forum Rules
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: April 24, 2007, 09:01:20 pm »

hey guys.
i don't know why i made it,but i did and here it is: a little video clip (about the great8mandate)
the quality is not very good. hope you like it:

btw: the "Not"-clip was made by karana from gg.de-forum. i hope it's okay that i used it

i thought the music fits great (it's the beginning of a song from a german band - like them)
love,
chrissi

Thanks for doing this! Great job!! Smiley

lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: April 24, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »

thanxx so much.... a huge help...

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: April 24, 2007, 09:04:23 pm »

Yeah Chrissi, I meant to mention also that I really loved that. Great effort!!!

Don't forget the mailout tomorrow guys and gals. All the hard work is done, you just need to print it out and send it off.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: April 24, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »

Thank you honkifuluvGG for quoting what Rob said. I wondered what the story was. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:12:17 pm by Luv2CGG » Logged

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: April 24, 2007, 09:15:41 pm »

Oh and honkiguluvGG, you can add these to the quote list like you asked a few pages back Smiley

7 Is The Loneliest Number - Bring us a season 8
Merry Fisticuffs - Happy to fight for season 8
Partings - Don't make us part with GG
Last Week Fights, This Week Season 8
Love and War and GG season 8

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
robinepowell
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: April 24, 2007, 09:21:38 pm »

Looks like Season 8 is pretty much a done deal but unfortunately only 13 episodes not the 16 we were hoping for. Wink

Question: Thanks for keeping us updated on the nail-biting situation that is Gilmore Girls' possible eighth season. Please give us the latest update, even if it's that things are the same.- Heather M.

Ausiello: The 13-episode deal should've been signed, sealed and delivered by now. Something's obviously holding up the works. Maybe Sally Struthers is playing hardball.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3548 on: April 24, 2007, 09:22:29 pm »

In case anyone needs a little Great8Mandate motivation, here's the latest from TV Guide's Michael Ausiello ...

Question: Thanks for keeping us updated on the nail-biting situation that is Gilmore Girls' possible eighth season. Please give us the latest update, even if it's that things are the same. Heather M.

Ausiello: The 13-episode deal should've been signed, sealed and delivered by now. Something's obviously holding up the works. Maybe Sally Struthers is playing hardball.

There you have it.  Nothing's in the bag yet.  Let's all try and get those letters of support mailed tomorrow.  Mail a letter, print out a daisy, send a postcard ... every bit helps!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: April 24, 2007, 09:34:17 pm »

Ok I think tonight's epi was REALLY good! I still like the Hay Bale Maze one better, but this one is really close in second. This epi made it really feel like there should be a season 8....Rory needs to find out whta she wants to do with her life, and she can't do it in 3 episodes!! 3 EPIS LEFT!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: April 24, 2007, 09:47:47 pm »

Eek that news is kinda bitter sweet Undecided

Its good to hear that we almost definately have a season 8 but its kinda sad that its only 13 episodes and that negotiations have taken a halt! Embarrassed I hope they aren't reconsidering Undecided unless they are reconsidering ONLY doing 13 episodes and moving on to maybe doing more Wink Cheesy

I am also really thankful they are considering 13 episodes, that would be a really good comprimise!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:52:06 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
us
« Reply #3551 on: April 24, 2007, 10:25:01 pm »

Looks like Season 8 is pretty much a done deal but unfortunately only 13 episodes not the 16 we were hoping for. Wink

Question: Thanks for keeping us updated on the nail-biting situation that is Gilmore Girls' possible eighth season. Please give us the latest update, even if it's that things are the same.- Heather M.

Hate to kill Ausiello's joke, but Struthers has never been on contract with the show.  She's there on an as-needed basis and they work around her schedule.  This is probably also true of most of the regulars who are not opening-credits regulars, such as Liz Torres, Rose Abdoo and darn near any Gg-er that's been on an episode of Cold Case or Without a Trace *except* for Keiko, who's in the opening credits but nevertheless has been on an episode of WaT.   Grin 

More speculatively, I'm going wonder out loud:  perhaps the 13-episode deal *is* signed, sealed and delivered but they're still working on trying to get the gals to sign up for the full 22 episodes.  Lauren, Alexis, whoever's holding out, I don't care anymore except to say, "Don't Make Us Whine, Give Us Our Back Nine!"  Although, come to think of it, the 13-episode committment is likely simply the official version of the rumor that's been going about, that LG and AB *are* going to do the full 22, but have the option to end it at 13-episodes, so they're going to go on ahead and be conservative about it and only announce the 13 episodes ahead of time.

It's not like they didn't do that before.  We already know that 7H was originally renewed for only 13 episodes this season and got the back nine, we know that VM was originally renewed this season for the initial 13, then allegedly got the back-nine and *then* RT allegedly gave them two episodes back so that they could use the money to better promote the series.  I wouldn't be too surprised that once LG sits in on the story-breaking sessions for next season starting around, oh, June or so (the writers and producers have less vacation time than actors or crew do), if/when the writers discover that they need more storyline than just 13, then they'll go ahead and announce the full 22 episodes later.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because, thanks to the Aerie Girls, Gilmore Math works this way:
Season 8 = GIL-MORE
Season 7 = GIL-LESS
Season 9 or more = GILMORGASM (Dirty!)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: April 25, 2007, 04:43:59 am »

I hated this news I want to cry!  Cry I was almost positive we would get one more season! God this sucks!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 25, 2007, 05:27:25 am »

I hated this news I want to cry! Cry I was almost positive we would get one more season! God this sucks!

How is getting at least 13 more episodes a bad thing?

-- Rob

------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9: Because it's just like riding a bike.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:30:32 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: April 25, 2007, 05:47:15 am »

ShutUpRob- I definately agree with you....One thing- it's basically in the hands of Alexis. If she is willing to do a 13-episode season but not wanting to do a 22-episode season, I can deal with that. Not having Alexis is like not having the water to make coffee....you need her to make the show work!! So I will be able to deal with the whole 13-episode thing, as long as Alexis is willing to do it. And maybe you're right, maybe they will add onto the season a little later.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: