The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:22:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765101 times)
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: April 24, 2007, 04:04:30 pm »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite

Now that's what I call condensed!

j/k   Wink

LOL.  Darn me and my fast fingers!

----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Before I get carpal tunnel syndrome from typing so fast, darn it!
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 24, 2007, 04:15:25 pm »

Here's another fun sig I just whipped, any takers let me know!

I like the daisy idea, I should get on it!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 24, 2007, 04:24:44 pm »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite a bit of it here so that I don't miss the show tonight.

In the fall of 2005, around the time of the first third of s6, Kristin published an infamous blind riddle entitled "Pissy Polly" that said that an actress who doesn't like an actor on her set was going around saying how much she hated the show and was threatening to quit the show because she was deeply unhappy due to storyline and the presence of a particular character (I'm paraphrasing here) -- who Kristin implied was NOT necessarily the actor that "Polly" historically is not supposed to like.  The consensus was that the rumor was about LG and the actor in reference was SP.  We now know that LG and ASP were having arguments over the direction the series was taking.  It eventually worked out -- I think at least one of the early episodes and a couple of other scenes were written specifically for LG specifically to clarify the storyline.  IMO, it was several of the scenes that more clearly observe that Lorelai was *severely* depressed, almost to the point of delusion, over Rory's abandonment of her.  Anyway, later on, this rumor was obliquely alluded in a question to Lauren by, IIRC, Kristin's frenemy (ie: Ausiello) and LG referred to the actor she was having problems with being the dog.  It was treated as a joke, but I suspect that given The Dog Paul Anka's ongoing inability to hit his marks and then sit still, I honestly don't think that the second half of the rumor was about anyone other than The Dog Paul Anka.

Fast Forward about a month or so, Pissy Polly Rumor #2 comes around.  Kristin says that Pissy Polly ordered the return of a certain item -- later to be revealed as one of her fan-voted end-of-the-season Tater Top Awards because the character names were listed in reverse order.  The only award given out that season that such a rumor could be attributed to was the award for Best Chemistry, which was awarded to "Luke and Lorelai."  Kristin is thus saying that LG was the person responsible for the return of the award.

I had *several* HUGE problems as a fan with Kristin's theory about LG being the person responsible for the return of the award, but first and foremost is this one:  all promotional material, including fan-based awards and what not *always* go through the showrunner of the given show -- and, of course, ntoed feminist Amy Sherman-Palladino was still the showrunner of Gg at that time.  Nevermind that intuitively, I think that Lauren is NOT the type of person to send a fan award back on account of what is, in essence, a typo, I *do* think that ASP *is* the type that would send back such an award because the lead character, Lorelai, a woman, is listed second, not first.  Also, I have no way to prove this at the present time, but IIRC some journalist had previously referred to the couple as "Luke and Lorelai" in an interview somewhere (may even have been TV Guide) and ASP corrected that journalist, hating the order of the names both because Lorelai is listed second and because it sounds too much like "Luke and Laura" from General Hospital and the rape-based origin of that pairing is icky enough as it is.

Third, and here's the coup de grace:  in Kristin's end-of-2005 column, she included on a list of 10 items a warning to ASP -- specifically by name -- to not let LG walk all over her.  Anybody who's read interviews with ASP before or after she left Gg knows that Kristin was soooooooooo off-base with this rumor that it would have been hilarious if it weren't so obvious an attempt to go after LG.  At this point, it became clear that whether or not the return of the TTA, which Kristin admitted hurt her feelings, went through ASP, she blamed LG for it.

Flash forward about three months to E! News's coverage of the episode The Real Paul Anka -- it's an on-set interview with LG and The Real Paul Anka.  And guess who's doing the interview with them?  Nope, not Kristin, who was the sole correspondent on E!'s TV beat at the time, it was E!'s movie correspondent Samantha Harris.  Reading between the lines, it's clear to me, but admittedly somewhat speculative, that Kristin was banned from the Gg set.  Whether by ASP or LG or both, IMO, it doesn't matter.  If Kristin was banned from the set over these rumors, it was IMO justified.

By the time of the season finale "Partings," Kristin was back in Gilmoreland, interviewing Alexis on the set of Logan's apartment, with the London-themed Party decorations in full view.  Perhaps the ban had been lifted by the time of the s6 finale and she was just made to feel so uncomfortable on the set that she's just never been back.  In addition, she interviewed some Gg peeps at the CW premiere bash -- EH, KB, SP and IIRC, MCz.  But that's more or less been all the direct contact she's had with Gg peeps that has made it onto the air of E! News ever since.  Moreover, Kristin's coverage of news about Gg has generally lagged about a week, sometimes as much as two weeks, behind Ausiello ever since.  Icing on the cake:  Jason Kennedy interviewed Lauren for E! during her press junkets for Because I Said So back at the top of this year.

I admit that my description is conjecture, but after she passed on three negative rumors in a row -- the third one of which was directed at ASP by name, I think my theory is pretty close to what really went down.  What's ironic is that previous to these rumors, Kristin had nothing but nice things to say about LG, especially liking to pass on the info that she'd been in the same line at a local coffee shop as LG or been at the same restaurant as LG and describing her as sweet, nice, etc.  It all just makes me wonder what the disconnect was that prompted Kristin to start the Pissy Polly rumors in the first place and then go so overboard as to directly attack ASP in the last installement of that series.

If anyone here also witnessed the rumors, too, did I miss anything?

-- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I'm part Irish, and that's all the excuse I really need. Clover

And that's why I wasn't surprised at all when she came out with GG and VM "winning" the SOS... lol

She's still bitter.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: April 24, 2007, 05:27:45 pm »

Sure sounds like it to me too.

Here's another GR8 sig, let me know if you'd like it!

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 24, 2007, 05:44:34 pm »

Everyone should head over to http://teavee.com/gilmoregirls/ after GG tonight and vote as much as possible!!  We need to get back to #8, and stay there!!! #8 for season 8!!!
lalaliz2005
« Reply #3530 on: April 24, 2007, 05:53:40 pm »

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite a bit of it here so that I don't miss the show tonight.

In the fall of 2005, around the time of the first third of s6, Kristin published an infamous blind riddle entitled "Pissy Polly" that said that an actress who doesn't like an actor on her set was going around saying how much she hated the show and was threatening to quit the show because she was deeply unhappy due to storyline and the presence of a particular character (I'm paraphrasing here) -- who Kristin implied was NOT necessarily the actor that "Polly" historically is not supposed to like.  The consensus was that the rumor was about LG and the actor in reference was SP.  We now know that LG and ASP were having arguments over the direction the series was taking.  It eventually worked out -- I think at least one of the early episodes and a couple of other scenes were written specifically for LG specifically to clarify the storyline.  IMO, it was several of the scenes that more clearly observe that Lorelai was *severely* depressed, almost to the point of delusion, over Rory's abandonment of her.  Anyway, later on, this rumor was obliquely alluded in a question to Lauren by, IIRC, Kristin's frenemy (ie: Ausiello) and LG referred to the actor she was having problems with being the dog.  It was treated as a joke, but I suspect that given The Dog Paul Anka's ongoing inability to hit his marks and then sit still, I honestly don't think that the second half of the rumor was about anyone other than The Dog Paul Anka.

Fast Forward about a month or so, Pissy Polly Rumor #2 comes around.  Kristin says that Pissy Polly ordered the return of a certain item -- later to be revealed as one of her fan-voted end-of-the-season Tater Top Awards because the character names were listed in reverse order.  The only award given out that season that such a rumor could be attributed to was the award for Best Chemistry, which was awarded to "Luke and Lorelai."  Kristin is thus saying that LG was the person responsible for the return of the award.

I had *several* HUGE problems as a fan with Kristin's theory about LG being the person responsible for the return of the award, but first and foremost is this one:  all promotional material, including fan-based awards and what not *always* go through the showrunner of the given show -- and, of course, ntoed feminist Amy Sherman-Palladino was still the showrunner of Gg at that time.  Nevermind that intuitively, I think that Lauren is NOT the type of person to send a fan award back on account of what is, in essence, a typo, I *do* think that ASP *is* the type that would send back such an award because the lead character, Lorelai, a woman, is listed second, not first.  Also, I have no way to prove this at the present time, but IIRC some journalist had previously referred to the couple as "Luke and Lorelai" in an interview somewhere (may even have been TV Guide) and ASP corrected that journalist, hating the order of the names both because Lorelai is listed second and because it sounds too much like "Luke and Laura" from General Hospital and the rape-based origin of that pairing is icky enough as it is.

Third, and here's the coup de grace:  in Kristin's end-of-2005 column, she included on a list of 10 items a warning to ASP -- specifically by name -- to not let LG walk all over her.  Anybody who's read interviews with ASP before or after she left Gg knows that Kristin was soooooooooo off-base with this rumor that it would have been hilarious if it weren't so obvious an attempt to go after LG.  At this point, it became clear that whether or not the return of the TTA, which Kristin admitted hurt her feelings, went through ASP, she blamed LG for it.

Flash forward about three months to E! News's coverage of the episode The Real Paul Anka -- it's an on-set interview with LG and The Real Paul Anka.  And guess who's doing the interview with them?  Nope, not Kristin, who was the sole correspondent on E!'s TV beat at the time, it was E!'s movie correspondent Samantha Harris.  Reading between the lines, it's clear to me, but admittedly somewhat speculative, that Kristin was banned from the Gg set.  Whether by ASP or LG or both, IMO, it doesn't matter.  If Kristin was banned from the set over these rumors, it was IMO justified.

By the time of the season finale "Partings," Kristin was back in Gilmoreland, interviewing Alexis on the set of Logan's apartment, with the London-themed Party decorations in full view.  Perhaps the ban had been lifted by the time of the s6 finale and she was just made to feel so uncomfortable on the set that she's just never been back.  In addition, she interviewed some Gg peeps at the CW premiere bash -- EH, KB, SP and IIRC, MCz.  But that's more or less been all the direct contact she's had with Gg peeps that has made it onto the air of E! News ever since.  Moreover, Kristin's coverage of news about Gg has generally lagged about a week, sometimes as much as two weeks, behind Ausiello ever since.  Icing on the cake:  Jason Kennedy interviewed Lauren for E! during her press junkets for Because I Said So back at the top of this year.

I admit that my description is conjecture, but after she passed on three negative rumors in a row -- the third one of which was directed at ASP by name, I think my theory is pretty close to what really went down.  What's ironic is that previous to these rumors, Kristin had nothing but nice things to say about LG, especially liking to pass on the info that she'd been in the same line at a local coffee shop as LG or been at the same restaurant as LG and describing her as sweet, nice, etc.  It all just makes me wonder what the disconnect was that prompted Kristin to start the Pissy Polly rumors in the first place and then go so overboard as to directly attack ASP in the last installement of that series.

If anyone here also witnessed the rumors, too, did I miss anything?

-- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I'm part Irish, and that's all the excuse I really need. Clover

And that's why I wasn't surprised at all when she came out with GG and VM "winning" the SOS... lol

She's still bitter.

Wow. Now that I'm caught up, I agree. Shouldn't she be a little more professional? Oh wait, I forgot who we were talking about.  Cheesy  VM probably has had a good run and it's probably a good show, but poll results don't lie.. obviously GG has a better fan base and THAT should say something about a show.
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 24, 2007, 06:03:33 pm »

BEST GILMORE GIRLS EPISODE OF THE SEASON AND MAYBE THE BEST OF THE PAST TWO SEASONS!

Seriously, if that episode isn't a reason for this show to continue with another season than I don't know what is! 

OMG it was amazing Smiley

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: April 24, 2007, 06:04:05 pm »

Here's another one.....probably my last for the night...but enjoy all.  

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 24, 2007, 06:10:40 pm »

BEST GILMORE GIRLS EPISODE OF THE SEASON AND MAYBE THE BEST OF THE PAST TWO SEASONS!

Seriously, if that episode isn't a reason for this show to continue with another season than I don't know what is! 

agreed Cheesy
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3534 on: April 24, 2007, 06:12:48 pm »

TOTALLY AGREE!  Lorelai and Luke are FINALLY BACK TO *somewhat* NORMAL!   Grin Grin Grin  Definitly the best of the season, except that rory didnt get the internship!  But, I guess, things happen for a reason.... *sigh*

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 24, 2007, 06:19:06 pm »

I hope all of you are doing your part in supporting the great 8 mandate and sending out your letters, etc...  it seems that things have been a bit quite around here lately!! Huh
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: April 24, 2007, 06:38:26 pm »

Tonights epiosode was great! I loved it! I love the daisy idea I will get right on it! Smiley
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 24, 2007, 06:42:20 pm »

Yup, I sent my letters in the Mailbox so they won't be sent by tomorrow anyway. I had to put the pics in a regular envelope and fold the pics so I hope that's okay because well too bad  Tongue I hope this all goes well. I just KNOW with the continued support of fans we will get the season 8 that GG needs!

Yes tonight's episode rocked. Can't wait for next week's!  Grin

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
lorelaikrazi316
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

Luke and Lorelai Together Forever!!! <333

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:37 pm »

COME ON GUYS!!! Save gilmore girls from extinction and get the message across!!!

We need this!!!

Hearts lorelaikrazi Hearts

You Drive Me Crazy ... Literally!!!

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 24, 2007, 08:52:51 pm »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left.  At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event.  (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.) 

Enlighten me...what exactly happened 2 years ago that had her banned? Why does Lauren want her no where near her??

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: