The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:04:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734469 times)
lalaliz2005
« Reply #3510 on: April 24, 2007, 07:55:51 am »

Wow Chrissi! It's great! I love it! Maybe you could email it to some of the people listed on the first page if emails are listed for them.
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:33 am »

yes i could do that...to which one shall i email it?
i'm glad you like it Wink

edit: i sent 4 mails with the link, hope that's okay...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:12:36 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
Baby
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

~JavaJunkie~ & ~Literati~

View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 24, 2007, 08:58:58 am »

It's sooo great. I love it!
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 24, 2007, 09:49:02 am »

I didn't know that Alexis is signed on for the 2nd Sisterhood, but that's just a movie and filming for it could be done during the various filming hiatus, just like Lauren has with Because I Said So and Evan Almightly ( or is it Bruce, I can never keep track!).

As for Kristian spending more time on VM, it can make sense if one is a clear winner and the other is an underdog...in all rationality.  If one has more support, of course she's going to scream VM from the highest rooftops for all to hear.

As for me, I'm playing hookey today and I'm in the mood to make some GR8 mandate sigs and graphics.  I've got a couple of ideas, but if you have any requests PM me ASAP! 

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 24, 2007, 10:42:34 am »

Unless I'm mistaken, Kristin from E! Online hasn't posted any reaction from the Gilmore cast/crew or The CW in response to Gilmore Girls winning the 'Save One Show' poll.  Personally, I think we've been a little gipped thus far.  If you're like me and would like to take the matter up with Kristin, I encourage you to post a polite comment in her recent 'Spoiler Chat' blog (don't worry, there are no Gilmore spoilers present).

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=eaa80101-98f1-4d9c-8b36-5d22db15296c

At the very least, you'd think E! could get a generic response from a CW publicist about how awesome it was that Gilmore Girls won the poll and had such a tremendous fan response ... blah, blah. 

Am I wrong?

~Heidi

I think you're right Heidi. I posted a few pages back on here about my suspicions re the SOS announcement. Deffo something up

A PRO would reply like hotcakes to something like this....

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 24, 2007, 10:48:16 am »

Well here's one....let me know if you're interested in it. I'll start to make more, once I figure out another idea.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:52:55 am by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 24, 2007, 11:23:48 am »

^^ I like it, MasBYUgal!!

Someone asked about any other update from Kristin and this was all I found, back a few pages in this thread:

Don't know if anyone caught it, but Kristin finally declared Gg the winner of SOS on E! News Wednesday night and included the news of the probable s8 and *didn't* refer to any of the OTHer (Veronica) ranks (Mars). If any of you are reading this in the early morning, my Media Center Guide says that it'll be repeated at 12 noon ET, 11am CT, 9am PT Thursday morning and I figure it'll probably be repeated during E! News Weekend throughout . . . the weekend. Celebrate

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8 AND 9: Because Alexis should stay in the Biz and [season 5] not lose her momentum. [/season 5]

Its disappointing thats all the coverage it was given. Great idea, Heidi, Ill be posting a (polite) comment in her blog later on.

And my daisy and book letters will go out tomorrow for sure. Question, what is everyone doing as far as mailing multiples? Are you sending multiples in the same envelope or in separate envelopes? I know either way works, Im just curious. Smiley I was thinking as far as the daisies I might put 5 in an envelope to get the effect of a paper bouquet but still have multiple envelopes being mailed for the effect of LG/studio receiving a larger quantity of mail.
robinepowell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 24, 2007, 12:03:41 pm »

I'll post! I'm still waiting for someone to give me a url/link for the blue button shown on here. Wink

Wasn't it you that asked for it last week?  I posted almost immediately after you with the location.

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/other/button8f.gif

Or you can go to page one of the great8Mandate thread.

Yeah but you gave me pink button, which I already had, I wanted blue button which I do now have. Thanks! Cheesy

No, I actually gave you the blue one. Here's the post a few pages back: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg317244#msg317244

Anyway, glad you finally got it.

You did?  I must have missed it.  YEah I've finally got it posted up at TV.com, thanks! Cheesy
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3518 on: April 24, 2007, 03:12:26 pm »

I'm glad to see that this thread is picking up again!

DON'T FORGET TO MAIL OUT DAISY/BOOK LETTERS TOMORROW!!! As for multiples, I'm sending them all separately, for the "volume" factor.

People keep asking about the Pissy Polly thing, and I will explain it the best I can, someone else please jump in if I get it wrong. Rob has been mentioning this for a while and I also had no idea what it was about, so I googled it. This is what I can gather... in 2005 Kristin had one of her "Blinds" where she gives a cutsie name to an anonymous celebrity who has done something scandalous or amusing and people guess who it is- ok, so she tells of an actress, Pissy Polly, who is totally sick of being on her tv show, isn't as nice as she seems, and really can't stand her male co-star. Then she adds something to it about how this actress sent back something that E! had given her because of its 'billing'. Well, right away almost everybody guesses that it's Lauren Graham. And apparently, the latter part is about the Golden Tater Award that they were given for Best Chemistry, and it was sent back because it was worded to "Luke and Lorelai", and supposedly LG was pissed because being the lead in the show, her name should've been first. However, rumor has it that it was actually ASP who sent the award back.  Now I don't know about this Tater Award business, but if I were LG, it is understandable to be pissed that Kristin started that rumor about her attitude, especially since she was so obvious about it. Usually those things are pretty cryptic, and people have a ton of different guesses....maybe I'm missing a piece of it, but that's what I remember. I can't believe Kristin was banned from the set for it, though--oops!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 24, 2007, 03:15:47 pm »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite a bit of it here so that I don't miss the show tonight.

In the fall of 2005, around the time of the first third of s6, Kristin published an infamous blind riddle entitled "Pissy Polly" that said that an actress who doesn't like an actor on her set was going around saying how much she hated the show and was threatening to quit the show because she was deeply unhappy due to storyline and the presence of a particular character (I'm paraphrasing here) -- who Kristin implied was NOT necessarily the actor that "Polly" historically is not supposed to like.  The consensus was that the rumor was about LG and the actor in reference was SP.  We now know that LG and ASP were having arguments over the direction the series was taking.  It eventually worked out -- I think at least one of the early episodes and a couple of other scenes were written specifically for LG specifically to clarify the storyline.  IMO, it was several of the scenes that more clearly observe that Lorelai was *severely* depressed, almost to the point of delusion, over Rory's abandonment of her.  Anyway, later on, this rumor was obliquely alluded in a question to Lauren by, IIRC, Kristin's frenemy (ie: Ausiello) and LG referred to the actor she was having problems with being the dog.  It was treated as a joke, but I suspect that given The Dog Paul Anka's ongoing inability to hit his marks and then sit still, I honestly don't think that the second half of the rumor was about anyone other than The Dog Paul Anka.

Fast Forward about a month or so, Pissy Polly Rumor #2 comes around.  Kristin says that Pissy Polly ordered the return of a certain item -- later to be revealed as one of her fan-voted end-of-the-season Tater Top Awards because the character names were listed in reverse order.  The only award given out that season that such a rumor could be attributed to was the award for Best Chemistry, which was awarded to "Luke and Lorelai."  Kristin is thus saying that LG was the person responsible for the return of the award.

I had *several* HUGE problems as a fan with Kristin's theory about LG being the person responsible for the return of the award, but first and foremost is this one:  all promotional material, including fan-based awards and what not *always* go through the showrunner of the given show -- and, of course, ntoed feminist Amy Sherman-Palladino was still the showrunner of Gg at that time.  Nevermind that intuitively, I think that Lauren is NOT the type of person to send a fan award back on account of what is, in essence, a typo, I *do* think that ASP *is* the type that would send back such an award because the lead character, Lorelai, a woman, is listed second, not first.  Also, I have no way to prove this at the present time, but IIRC some journalist had previously referred to the couple as "Luke and Lorelai" in an interview somewhere (may even have been TV Guide) and ASP corrected that journalist, hating the order of the names both because Lorelai is listed second and because it sounds too much like "Luke and Laura" from General Hospital and the rape-based origin of that pairing is icky enough as it is.

Third, and here's the coup de grace:  in Kristin's end-of-2005 column, she included on a list of 10 items a warning to ASP -- specifically by name -- to not let LG walk all over her.  Anybody who's read interviews with ASP before or after she left Gg knows that Kristin was soooooooooo off-base with this rumor that it would have been hilarious if it weren't so obvious an attempt to go after LG.  At this point, it became clear that whether or not the return of the TTA, which Kristin admitted hurt her feelings, went through ASP, she blamed LG for it.

Flash forward about three months to E! News's coverage of the episode The Real Paul Anka -- it's an on-set interview with LG and The Real Paul Anka.  And guess who's doing the interview with them?  Nope, not Kristin, who was the sole correspondent on E!'s TV beat at the time, it was E!'s movie correspondent Samantha Harris.  Reading between the lines, it's clear to me, but admittedly somewhat speculative, that Kristin was banned from the Gg set.  Whether by ASP or LG or both, IMO, it doesn't matter.  If Kristin was banned from the set over these rumors, it was IMO justified.

By the time of the season finale "Partings," Kristin was back in Gilmoreland, interviewing Alexis on the set of Logan's apartment, with the London-themed Party decorations in full view.  Perhaps the ban had been lifted by the time of the s6 finale and she was just made to feel so uncomfortable on the set that she's just never been back.  In addition, she interviewed some Gg peeps at the CW premiere bash -- EH, KB, SP and IIRC, MCz.  But that's more or less been all the direct contact she's had with Gg peeps that has made it onto the air of E! News ever since.  Moreover, Kristin's coverage of news about Gg has generally lagged about a week, sometimes as much as two weeks, behind Ausiello ever since.  Icing on the cake:  Jason Kennedy interviewed Lauren for E! during her press junkets for Because I Said So back at the top of this year.

I admit that my description is conjecture, but after she passed on three negative rumors in a row -- the third one of which was directed at ASP by name, I think my theory is pretty close to what really went down.  What's ironic is that previous to these rumors, Kristin had nothing but nice things to say about LG, especially liking to pass on the info that she'd been in the same line at a local coffee shop as LG or been at the same restaurant as LG and describing her as sweet, nice, etc.  It all just makes me wonder what the disconnect was that prompted Kristin to start the Pissy Polly rumors in the first place and then go so overboard as to directly attack ASP in the last installement of that series.

If anyone here also witnessed the rumors, too, did I miss anything?

-- Rob

--------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because I'm part Irish, and that's all the excuse I really need. Clover
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:59:21 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 24, 2007, 03:16:48 pm »

hey guys.
i don't know why i made it,but i did and here it is: a little video clip (about the great8mandate)
the quality is not very good. hope you like it:

btw: the "Not"-clip was made by karana from gg.de-forum. i hope it's okay that i used it

i thought the music fits great (it's the beginning of a song from a german band - like them)
love,
chrissi

I loved this video! You should email it to Dawn Ostroff.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 24, 2007, 03:19:49 pm »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

Okay, here's the story -- and I'm condensing quite

Now that's what I call condensed!

j/k   Wink

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 24, 2007, 03:22:21 pm »

I'm glad to see that this thread is picking up again!

DON'T FORGET TO MAIL OUT DAISY/BOOK LETTERS TOMORROW!!! As for multiples, I'm sending them all separately, for the "volume" factor.

Okay, I have been out of it. Please catch me up on the daisy letter thing so I can help! I LOVE DAISIES![/color]

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 24, 2007, 03:34:43 pm »

Great8Mandate Mail-Out - 1 Day To Go

We are combining the two previous campaign ideas and organising an en masse mailing campaign to send as many paper daisies and books as possible to the Girls and the Studio.

To take part all you need to do is print out any of the following graphics you like and write your own personal message, or one of our organised quotes on them. You can print it on card and send it as a postcard, or on paper and include several in an envelope. Our mailing date will be Wednesday April 25th.

My suggestion is to send the daisies to Lauren, the books to Alexis and a combination of the both to the studio. The addresses for all these can be found in the first post of this thread.

Graphics to choose from.

Possible quotes to choose from:

Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

Love, Daisies, and Season 8

We are kayaks, hear us roar! Season 8!

We don't want to say goodbye to Daisy Miller

We got magic to do. Save the Girls!

They Save Gilmores, Dont They? Save the Gilmore Girls

Gilmore State of Mind

The Prodigal Show Returns

P.s. I lo Gilmore Girls

Back in the Saddle Again Season 8

The Reigning Lorelai You can make it happen

Say Something Save Gilmore Girls

I Get A Sidekick Out of Gilmore Girls

Remember, these things work best when there are many participants. Get all your Org friends to mail something. Encourage your friends, family or workmates. We need to show the love to get some love in return.

Any questions?? Please feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck and have fun choosing your designs!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:39:27 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 24, 2007, 03:39:44 pm »

And my daisy and book letters will go out tomorrow for sure. Question, what is everyone doing as far as mailing multiples? Are you sending multiples in the same envelope or in separate envelopes? I know either way works, Im just curious. Smiley I was thinking as far as the daisies I might put 5 in an envelope to get the effect of a paper bouquet but still have multiple envelopes being mailed for the effect of LG/studio receiving a larger quantity of mail.

This is what I did also. With all the quotes we had, I figured I could send a few to each person and stuff four to five in each envelope.

Sorry if this ends up a double post, but I didn't want to clog up the previous post of mine with any more information. It's already pretty full.

1 day to go!!! Spread the word guys and gals. The more people that participate in these mail outs, the more love the Girls feel and the bigger the impact
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:17:46 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: