The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:45:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734941 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: April 23, 2007, 05:07:47 pm »

I'll post!  I'm still waiting for someone to give me a url/link for the blue button shown on here. Wink

Wasn't it you that asked for it last week?  I posted almost immediately after you with the location.

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/other/button8f.gif

Or you can go to page one of the great8Mandate thread.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: April 23, 2007, 05:36:50 pm »

Well I was in Boston for the weekend but I was at an anime convention and with the Red Sox game vs Yankees also in town I don't think anyone really noticed the Gilmore Girls season 8 button I was wearing. Embarrassed That and when I tried to make it big enough for people to see it sort of disorted. But at least I tried.  Tongue So I'm going to send out the pic letters tomorrow to Lauren and Alexis.

Heidi- did you send out the 2nd photo book yet? Just wondering.  Smiley

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3497 on: April 23, 2007, 05:46:21 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken, Kristin from E! Online hasn't posted any reaction from the Gilmore cast/crew or The CW in response to Gilmore Girls winning the 'Save One Show' poll.  Personally, I think we've been a little gipped thus far.  If you're like me and would like to take the matter up with Kristin, I encourage you to post a polite comment in her recent 'Spoiler Chat' blog (don't worry, there are no Gilmore spoilers present).

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=eaa80101-98f1-4d9c-8b36-5d22db15296c

At the very least, you'd think E! could get a generic response from a CW publicist about how awesome it was that Gilmore Girls won the poll and had such a tremendous fan response ... blah, blah. 

Am I wrong?

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: April 23, 2007, 05:56:40 pm »

I have seen that the CW did actually aknowledge us winning, its just not on the CW page.. its on the CW11.. like specific cities CW pages.. like NY and Boston.. I've seen articles about us winning the poll on SOS.. so I know the CW knows.. I just wish Kristin would live up to her word and tell us if they've responded to her and what shes said to them and all.. It's not really an article, but a highlight on the gilmoregirls news page on the CW11..

Gilmore's S.O.S. Heard
Watch with Kristin's "Save One Show" campaign brought out the Gilmore Girls fans in droves, "the Girls pulled out of third place to come out on top--right before the Save One Show poll closed on Friday at midnight." What's next? A plea to the powers that be. Supposedly, the finale will work as either a season or series finale.
http://cw11.trb.com/entertainment/network/gilmoregirls/stv-gilmoregirls-pkgjenica,0,5283680.special
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:58:53 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: April 23, 2007, 06:02:17 pm »

I'm assuming they haven't heard officially from Dawn O. or something hasn't officially recognized the poll.  That makes me a little nervous.  I've been absent for awhile is there any other GR8 news.....?  Any new things to do on the campaign.

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: April 23, 2007, 06:06:17 pm »

Not too much going on here.. its kinda been silent here for a couple of days.. no one is voting.. no one is posting.. where is everyone?  Shocked  We went from spot 8 to 9.. in a day on the teavee.com poll.. what happened? Don't give up until we hear the final word everyone!  I don't want to be dissappointed just b/c we already think this thing is in the bag.. althought I really do think its already going to happen for sure Tongue  Probably the reason no one is really posting, including myself, is b/c its finals week for school in most places.. am i right?

robinepowell
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 23, 2007, 06:38:15 pm »

I'll post!  I'm still waiting for someone to give me a url/link for the blue button shown on here. Wink

Wasn't it you that asked for it last week?  I posted almost immediately after you with the location.

Yeah but you gave me pink button, which I already had, I wanted blue button which I do now have.  Thanks! Cheesy
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 23, 2007, 06:42:26 pm »

Kristin's spoiler chat just came out and no suprise here that she didn't mention ANYTHING about GG winning the SOS poll. I left her a comment about that as did a couple other members of the forum that I saw.

Keep on mandating!!!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 23, 2007, 07:06:11 pm »

Why doesn't Kristen just say something about it thats kind of annoying anyway I had an idea that me and my friends did this weekend, we went to craft store and got hats that you can decorate on and we wrote on there the stuff about the great8mandtae and save Gilmore girls and stuff like that so now we are going to wear them all the time and tell people about the mandate and I think if anyone has time they should make hats to and then everyone will know how much we want another season of GG. It's kinda like the buttons and stuff but it's alittle different Smiley
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 23, 2007, 11:13:31 pm »

I have seen that the CW did actually aknowledge us winning, its just not on the CW page.. its on the CW11.. like specific cities CW pages.. like NY and Boston.. I've seen articles about us winning the poll on SOS.. so I know the CW knows.. I just wish Kristin would live up to her word and tell us if they've responded to her and what shes said to them and all.. It's not really an article, but a highlight on the gilmoregirls news page on the CW11..

Well, here's the thing -- she did try to get comments from them the night that she posted the announcement of the SOS winner two weeks ago.  She wasn't able to get any comments from the Gg peeps -- who, to be fair, were quite busy shooting the season finale at the time -- but she suspiciously had comments at hand from Rob Thomas for VM coming in at second place.  So the politics are clear here, IMO:

(Note:  I'm like Rory -- I like to do lists  Wink  )

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left.  At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event.  (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.) 

2) Kristin is a fan of Veronica Mars and really thought it would win (hence she probably interviewed RT in advance and unexpectedly got RT's pre-chewed award acceptance 86'd by, well, us.   Dance   I think she was stunned that VM lost and moreover, it's probably starting to hit her that VM is most likely toast.

3) Kristin did announce Gg as the sole SOS winner on last Wednesday's edition of E! News.  Didn't water it down with any announcements of 2nd or third place.  Just a sorta terse and brief announcement that Gg won and that they were in talks to do a shortened s8, which even by that time was roughly a week behind even official scoopage, much less the rumor mill.  So that was more or less the end of discussing the contest for this year as far as Kristin was concerned, I think.

Of course, there are two more things to consider, too:

4) Individual stations *are* able to use any promotional material the way they see fit, hence, CW11 using the SOS award win on its own to promote Gg by themselves.  Heck, it *is* free advertising, after all.

5) Negotiations for s8 are even now still ongoing (that we know of), so, really, the show has IMO understandably been in a *much* tighter lockdown mode than VM has been.  (Although the news about Sisterhood 2 today kindasorta revealed that Lauren and Alexis have maybe been playing Good Cop/Bad Cop on us the entire year, with Alexis and her peeps waaaaaaaay overplaying the whole Bad Cop routine.  Which couldn't have looked too good to anybody at Warners that knew about the sequel option on Alexis for Sisterhood in the first place.  BID.)

I think now we're all just wondering when we're going to hear any announcement.  It may be that they've already got some agreement in principle to return next year but they really are so close to the deadline that it's going to take the lawyers on both sides this long while to vette the contracts.  I know *I'm* checking my usual TV sites (here, my Usenet newsgroups, AOL's news feed, zap2it, etc.) with increasing caffeination (to coin a phrase), so it all feels kinda like we're waiting for the fog to clear.

It's, like, okay, Kristin has no access to Gg, but she's announced their win and moved on.  What else can we do now?

Keep sending letters, of course.  It's not May 17th yet. Cheesy

-- Rob

---------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Lorelai would point out that since Spider-Man has organic web-shooters, watching Peter and Mary Jane make pillow talk on a gigantic web of . . . glandular secretions . . . is waaaaaaaaaay Dirty imagery. 
lalaliz2005
« Reply #3505 on: April 24, 2007, 05:31:54 am »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 24, 2007, 06:02:11 am »

Well, here's the thing -- she did try to get comments from them the night that she posted the announcement of the SOS winner two weeks ago.  She wasn't able to get any comments from the Gg peeps -- who, to be fair, were quite busy shooting the season finale at the time -- but she suspiciously had comments at hand from Rob Thomas for VM coming in at second place.  So the politics are clear here, IMO:

(Note:  I'm like Rory -- I like to do lists  Wink  )

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left.  At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event.  (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.) 

2) Kristin is a fan of Veronica Mars and really thought it would win (hence she probably interviewed RT in advance and unexpectedly got RT's pre-chewed award acceptance 86'd by, well, us.   Dance   I think she was stunned that VM lost and moreover, it's probably starting to hit her that VM is most likely toast.

3) Kristin did announce Gg as the sole SOS winner on last Wednesday's edition of E! News.  Didn't water it down with any announcements of 2nd or third place.  Just a sorta terse and brief announcement that Gg won and that they were in talks to do a shortened s8, which even by that time was roughly a week behind even official scoopage, much less the rumor mill.  So that was more or less the end of discussing the contest for this year as far as Kristin was concerned, I think.

Of course, there are two more things to consider, too:

4) Individual stations *are* able to use any promotional material the way they see fit, hence, CW11 using the SOS award win on its own to promote Gg by themselves.  Heck, it *is* free advertising, after all.

5) Negotiations for s8 are even now still ongoing (that we know of), so, really, the show has IMO understandably been in a *much* tighter lockdown mode than VM has been.  (Although the news about Sisterhood 2 today kindasorta revealed that Lauren and Alexis have maybe been playing Good Cop/Bad Cop on us the entire year, with Alexis and her peeps waaaaaaaay overplaying the whole Bad Cop routine.  Which couldn't have looked too good to anybody at Warners that knew about the sequel option on Alexis for Sisterhood in the first place.  BID.)

I think now we're all just wondering when we're going to hear any announcement.  It may be that they've already got some agreement in principle to return next year but they really are so close to the deadline that it's going to take the lawyers on both sides this long while to vette the contracts.  I know *I'm* checking my usual TV sites (here, my Usenet newsgroups, AOL's news feed, zap2it, etc.) with increasing caffeination (to coin a phrase), so it all feels kinda like we're waiting for the fog to clear.

It's, like, okay, Kristin has no access to Gg, but she's announced their win and moved on.  What else can we do now?

Keep sending letters, of course.  It's not May 17th yet. Cheesy

-- Rob

---------------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9:  Because Lorelai would point out that since Spider-Man has organic web-shooters, watching Peter and Mary Jane make pillow talk on a gigantic web of . . . glandular secretions . . . is waaaaaaaaaay Dirty imagery. 

I. Love. You.

Every time you post, you post something worthwhile. And I love the reasosn at the end of your posts. I think you should join....I don't know really. Something creative.

But A Sisterhood 2 would be great. I love that movie. But what does that erally mean for our Girls? Is it GG or Sisterhood? Cause I would want GG over SH. Anyday. Gah. This is so ridonculous. I can't believe Kristin is being this "unfair". We won, and I wish she would do something more about it then just gloss it over and say "Yep, they won. I'm done with it now, seeing as VM didn't win. I'm not going to try as hard to get it to come back." Grr. Maybe I'm just losing it though.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 24, 2007, 06:49:02 am »

1) Kristin is clearly stilll banned from the Gg set, even two years later, even after the Palladinos have left. At the very least, those Pissy Pollly rumors left her with very little access to anyone from the show unless they're at a public event. (And even then, I think Lauren rightfully still won't let Kristin get anywhere near her.)

Wait....what? I don't believe I've ever heard that story. Someone want to fill me in or send me a link to a story? That sounds very interesting! Thanks!

I don't know anything about this story either. Can someone fill us in?

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 24, 2007, 07:28:43 am »

Yeah but you gave me pink button, which I already had, I wanted blue button which I do now have.  Thanks! Cheesy

No, I actually gave you the blue one.  Here's the post a few pages back: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg317244#msg317244

Anyway, glad you finally got it.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 24, 2007, 07:48:29 am »

hey guys.
i don't know why i made it,but i did and here it is: a little video clip (about the great8mandate)
the quality is not very good. hope you like it:

btw: the "Not"-clip was made by karana from gg.de-forum. i hope it's okay that i used it

i thought the music fits great (it's the beginning of a song from a german band - like them)
love,
chrissi
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:50:07 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: